• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Platinum European Release Confirmed & Other Random News

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
HTML:
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/Linkachu166/Platinumboxart-1.png
[/img]
While a number of you may have read about the Platinum NOE release date leak last week, there was no official statement to back up the information. Until now. No more tears, guys. Nintendo of Europe today proved the leaked information true, so the lot of you can officially take heed: Pokemon Platinum out in Europe May 22nd, 2009.

Just two months after it hits NOA. Not bad all things considered. Might even stop a few people who were previously planning to import a copy. NOE's website also revealed the NOE Platinum sub-site, but it's little more than some words and a picture of Giratina at the moment.

In other news, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky received a Japanese release date recently in CoroCoro magazine: April 18th, 2009. Anyone have predictions on what this says for the rest of the world? Share ‘em in the comments. As a side note, a screen shot in CoroCoro showed a list of selectable partners with genders beside their names. Whether these genders are set for everyone or randomized each time you play has yet to be confirmed.

Finally, as expected, Pokemon.com confirmed the North American release of the 11th Pokemon Movie a few days ago. They also gave dates and times of its sneak peaks on Cartoon Network, tomorrow (February 13th) and February 15th at 7 PM. Check your local listings for exact air times. Additionally, be sure to take note of their Pokemon Platinum pre-order deal which begins February 15th at participating retailers across the country (you can score a limited edition Giratina origin form figure while supplies last). As I am currently holding a Giratina figure of my own, it's safe to say that Canada is hosting the same deal as well (at EB Games for sure, and possibly elsewhere). Look out for it, and remember that the figures are limited.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
This will make a good birthday present. :p

It's been a while since I played through Diamond or Pearl, so Platinum's timing in May ought to be good. Would rather have the G/S remake though...

Wow, my sister's brithday. I wonder if I can re-kindle her interest in Pokemon, though I doubt she'll get a DS (our mum is getting one). I may have to annoy the poeple at GAME again soon enough :)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Hmm... only just seen this topic. I can't believe I missed it!

Nice nice... I'm getting mine in America though, going to Florida in April :p

You'll love Florida, I went a few years back and it was the best holiday I've had.

May 22nd? That's awesome, I thought we had to wait longer than that. I was thinking of importing it, but maybe I'll hang on. Then again, my copy of Diamond is American (Ordered by accident), so maybe I'll still import. Meh, decisions XD

The New Mystery Dungeon will certainly spark my interest too, nearer the time anyway ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yo! Just wanted to point out a brief amendment to this news update confirming the Giratina figure pre-order deal in Canada :)

*Pokes the Giratina*