• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokecharms Signature of the Week - #10 - Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokecharms Signature of the Week - #6 - Results

I'm gonna have to stick with the rules of this thread.

LoN said:
Rules:
1. All signature entries may not be larger than 500X200, or 200X500 for vertical signatures.
I'm sorry Jessie, but that is far too big :( 470x234 - Width-wise it is alright, but its height is too big.

Gonna have to give the win to Rayn as we have no other entries. I'll contact you about the theme starting next Thursday :)

Re: Pokecharms Signature of the Week - #7 - Submissions

I might as well enter this, seeing that I started making sigs.

280jsqo.png

Meh, it's not too good. But, hey, it's something.

Re: Pokecharms Signature of the Week - #7 - Voting

7th poll is ready to go for you guys, and its between a pair of new faces this week! Great to see some more people poking their heads in here and giving it a try :)

Also - We nearly only had one entry this week, so I was thinking in those cases I would just continue everything into the next week to give people that extra seven days.

I had more fun with this contest than I thought I would!

First of all, playing around with different brushes until I get it how I want it to look is really fun.
And secondly, I finally found out what WoW stood for!

I like this contest and will probaly enter it again.

I voted for Ked's entry, and I'll explain why: While I don't particularly enjoy the game World of Warcraft because it's all Blizzard ever does anymore, and I don't particularly care for the game itself as far as gameplay goes. I accept Diablo II as the FAR SUPERIOR of the games in question; but this is a discussion for the video game discussion board.

ANYWAY, the reason I voted for Ked's entry was because there is a noticeable difference in how many effects are in each sig, and while I do enjoy the Diablo II sig, there just isn't much going on. Which is different than the norm definitely, but looking at it leaves a lot to be desired. I do think it's a great start to a sig though, and a few more slight effects might of changed my mind.

Ked's entry has the shading, and a subtle but interesting background, with the focus not taking up too much of the sig, but you know what you should be looking at. And while it still leaves a bit to be desired, as far as something more to look at or something along those lines, it's got a good feel to it; like you mentioned yourself Ked, the brush effects blend in well with the sig.

Also, I've been being murdered by my work schedule lately. Though I love what I do so I can't complain, it doesn't leave me much time for anything else. So that's why I haven't been able to enter the past two weeks.

Re: Pokecharms Signature of the Week - #8 - Submissions

So, the winner of this week's was #1, with 4 votes - kedpeanut :) Apologies that I didn't PM you about this week's theme, I was busy yesterday so I couldn't get the results up and PM you then.

280jsqo.png

#2 - 3 votes - Rex
diablosiggyq.png

This week's theme is:

Anime

Submissions in here as normal :)

Re: Pokecharms Signature of the Week - #8 - Submissions

Man, I was waiting for your PM forever :(
I was really looking forward to those baby giraffes.

Wow, that was a close competition!

I really thought I would lose to Rex's, it's so good!

Re: Pokecharms Signature of the Week - #9 - Submissions

The winner of this week's was #1, with 4 votes - Vshan :) It was great to see someone who's been participating throughout this, who has improved so much, to take the win this week.

ashpika.png

#2 - 2 votes - Rayn
gokusid.png

This week's theme is:

Freestyle

LoN said:
Also - We nearly only had one entry this week, so I was thinking in those cases I would just continue everything into the next week to give people that extra seven days.
Gonna roll everything over to the next week, then :)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Seeing as I'm going home this coming weekend I should actually be able to make a sig and compete. :3

And that's a good idea, seeing as it's better than continually having a small group of people competing.

Ding dong.
A new competitor has entered the ring. c:

... okay, so I don't stand a chance against anyone else, but here goes! |D
2vxg1hx.jpg

(wooohhh entering your fifth sig ever is fuuunn)

i thought id take a shoot at this...so here i go
reach.png

its time we all took the time to remember Reach. :|

Re: Pokecharms Signature of the Week - #9 - Voting

Sweet, the rollover week is done - so here's the poll :)

I'm back with my newest entry!

2en9few.png

It's my first sig using a sprite. I had lots o' fun with this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.