• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokéhuman encounters: Beginings

Hey, just checking in again. One of the things I loved most about these roleplays was how I didn't have to make my characters strictly good, which has resulted in some of my best creations being the villains. Or, really, just anti-heroes, or morally ambiguous characters, or whatever. What I'm trying to get at, is: Will that be allowed here too? While I haven't had any real ideas for pokehumans yet (other than some weird noibat thing that I'm trying to figure out how to make work), I've had some pretty cool ideas for humans.

Not too villainy: One of the main scientists on the whole serum thing suffering inventor's remorse and becoming a plot device; said dude's kid looking up to his father and becoming a grunt while wondering where his father went (a plotline that sounds a lot harder to reason writing it out); and a delusional, other scientist/admin that I've already tried to use twice and is the only 'real' villain, but one I'd still likely only use to escalate stuff with the first guy, and could honestly be replaced with either someone Eli will uses or Generic Admin #21. Plus, I just don't want to use him in a third roleplay, even if I didn't really get to exercise him the first two times.

Of course, I'm still uncertain if I'd actually be too active with this, and I don't know what Eli has planned for this, so I guess it's best to just post these general ideas before I go any further.

By the way -- Nice character, waluigi/tokyo! In the first roleplay I was thinking of delving into the more gritty, unnerving side of playing Arceus, but due to the tone of the roleplay and with what everyone else was going for on that one it didn't feel fitting. This may be a nice chance to exercise the slightly darker way this could go, and a way that wouldn't involve me splicing in comic relief at varyingly fitting points every other post.

Hopefully this is still open, I haven't really done any rps like this in a while

Name: Marie Hallow
Pokehuman type: Whimsicott
Pre-transformation Appearance: Marie had black hair that was straight and went down to her shoulders and light blue eyes. She has quite a slim build, though her legs are quite large. She has tanned skin. She wears a short white tennis dress with grey shorts that go down to her knees under.
Post-transformation Appearance: Marie's hair is frizzy, wheat blonde with green accents and covers her entire back. Her hair is like cotton, but not identical to it. Her eyes are yellow and she has white cotton (fur? cotton? rabies foam?) covering her neck and the top of her chest.
Personality: Marie is very sporty and competitive, trying to be the best at everything she can. She can be quite rude sometimes, but is mostly kind when she isn't competing. She can accept a defeat pretty easily too. She does what Team Hybrid wants a lot of the time, unless if it means she has to forfeit in a competition.
Other: She can jump high due to the cotton I guess? I mean, Whimsicott isn't very strong, so what did you expect?
Pokemon team: Chargabug, M, Denkibagu (or just Bagu)

I've finished one of the character sheets, a familiar face that I've tweaked a bit. One of the main changes I've done is that I want to experiment with making him less sympathetic, and more off-putting, as I felt like that fit the tone of the roleplay and his overall character more. I should have the other one soon, which I've quite enjoyed brainstorming ideas for. I think, for the most part, I scrapped the child idea in favor of having Antoine play a more-involved part. If allowed, of course.

Name: Dr. Antoine Laurent

Pokehuman type: N/A

Appearance: Caucasian with slightly ruffled, medium-length blond hair, rectangle glasses, and blue eyes. He seems to always wear a buttoned, dark red suit, with a white undershirt and black pants.

Personality: The most Machiavellian man you'll ever meet. Manipulative, selfish, sociopathic, and at times even stubborn and childish, yet seems to believe that everything he’s doing is justified. He’s driven by a single goal, and has made it his life’s work to pursue it: Create, by any means necessary. No invention or discovery is a bad idea, and ultimately all has its place in creating a brighter future. He skips the ‘should’ and goes straight to the ‘could’, and considers any sacrifices along the way noble and reasonable -- a mindset first implanted in him as a child, used as an excuse by his busy parents to justify never spending time with him.

Pokemon team: Netsky (Magnezone), Sasser (Fan Rotom)

Other: It is unknown if he actually has a doctorate, yet insists that everyone calls him 'Doctor Laurent' anyway.

Last edited:
I doubt it'll cause too many problems, especially considering how many Eevees some of the last renditions of his concept had that went along well. It should be fine, as the way Sasser is used -- when he's used, as the Magnezone will likely take the spotlight anyway -- shouldn't be too similar to your character.

It's fine, I don't mind. I still needed to add some touches to my second character sheet, which I got done a lot earlier than I expected to:

Name: Melissa Oppenheim

Pokehuman type: Porygon-Z

Pre-transformation Appearance: Melissa appears to be some mix of Unovan and Hoennian, with slightly long black hair that doesnt stray too far down. A majority of the time, she wears typical gray appearel and looks almost like a secretary, having expected becoming 'assistant administrator' to be a lot different than it actually was. Like Antoine, she can occasionally be seen in a white labcoat, a reminder of the days before she was promoted from being a top scientist to borderline office worker.

Post-transformation Appearance: TBA

Personality: Quiet and compliant, especially compared to the person she works for. Any empathy she shows she tries to hide, and tends to be too timid to stand up for herself, others, or question what she's doing. "Just comply, and nobody gets hurt."

Pokemon team: None

Other: I sorta took the idea of this being a vaguely-connected prequel, albeit one rampant with continuity errors, and ran with it. In the other roleplays he was used in, Antoine had a third Pokemon, a Porygon-Z named Melissa, which was named after an infamous computer virus like Sasser and Netsky were. This is linked to Antoine's original motive of using computers and other hardware to essentially clone Porygon, in a similar way to a computer virus. I haven't decided whether or not these two Melissas are the same, or if one inspired Antoine to get the other, though I will likely go with the latter. I know that these roleplays aren't truly connected with eachother, but I thought having callbacks and a broad story for a character over time would be a fun way to keep a character fresh.

Name: Marduk Jones
Pokehuman type: Hydreigon
Pre-transformation Appearance: Marduk stands at 5'7" tall with a slim and somewhat fit body build, his facial features show signs of potential handsomeness, his skin is somewhere between Pale and Fair, his eyes are Black and his hair is Dark brown and smooth, long enough to reach the back and bottom of his neck. His common attire consists of a White t shirt underneath an open Wine red track jacket, Black pants and Light brown trainers with White soles.
Post-transformation Appearance: Upon his transformation, his appearance dramatically changes, mainly the colors of parts of his body. His hair becomes Dark blue with a few streaks of Black like a Hydreigon and his eye pupils become a solid Fuchsia shade with black sclera, his most noticeable change is that he has a Hydreigon's six wings on his back. Sometime after his transformation, he replaces his red jacket with an ankle long closed black coat with a frayed tail and a high Fuchsia collar which strongly resembles a Hydreigon's collar and Black boots, his coat will have a few holes in the back to put his wings through.
Personality: Marduk is mainly seen as a laid back, yet serious Pokemon trainer who cares more for the lives of Pokemon than the humans. Upon his transformation, he would have mixed feelings about it, while part of him is thrilled to be able to understand Pokemon at a greater level, this would have costed him his old self and everything in his 'human life' that he worked up for, he tries to be friendly when he can to other people even if he can be a bit blunt. When it comes to bad people, he can be terrifyingly cruel and violent toward them, making himself seem worse than the original bad guy he tries to 'punish.' As he learns to control is power overtime, this may cause his ambition to grow as well...
Other: Dunno if I might have him play the part of an "anti-hero" or "would-be villain who thinks he's helping."
Pokemon team: Gabite (M), Kirlia (M)

Last edited: