• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon: A Journey Through Hoenn

Saiorse stayed relatively quiet through the journey to Tidal Café, frowning at the ground as she pondered her situation. In an instance that was unlike her usual self, she confidently ordered her food- simply, a coffee and a sandwich, half of which she gave to Fiona and Snooch- and followed Ernest and Kai out. She sighed in slight adoration upon seeing her two Pokémon arguing in stressed chirps about who should eat the last morsel of the half-sandwich their trainer had given them.

It seemed, upon overhearing, that Kai was particularly eager to move on to Rustboro, and Saiorse had no wish to slow everybody down- in fact, she was even embarassed to admit she wanted to stay in Petalburg. Of course, there would be other cities to see, that much was sure- but, the sights in Petalburg were unlike anything she had ever seen before. "Um..." she murmured, her voice wavering slightly, and she had to clear her throat before she was able to speak again without her words hitching, "Well... not that I'm gonna stop anyone, or like... force you guys t-t-t-to stay with me, but... I'm gonna, uhh... I'm gonna stay here, until tomorrow. I want to... you know, see more of it. And... I can catch up t-t-t-t-to everyone else if you all decide to... uh, go to Rustboro." the redhead explained, swallowing and clasping her hands together, relatively nervous upon voicing her opinion.

Ernest sat down onto a nearby bench, pondering what the next course of action should be for the group. The silence that ensued after he had addressed Kai was significantly unsettling towards the former, and even the carefree tussling of his Pokemon couldn't calm this onset feeling of general unease and anxiety. The group had finally reunited after the scene in the restaurant, and now it seemed that conflicting opinions could serve as simply another roadblock in their journey. Thinking over this, Ernest began to unconsciously slowly run his hands slowly through his brunette hair in an involuntary action of being submerged in a state of deep thought. If they did move on to Rustboro, there were likely other members who wouldn't want to, and thus lower morale, or they could just leave altogether - that was exceedingly possible. They had just arrived to a damn city, and had barely been there for an hour or two when plans for moving forwards were being discussed.

The trainer wasn't used to such constant movement and physical exertion, as he usually confined himself to some activity indoors or assisting his father with something, and so his legs throbbed with a dull tiredness. It wasn't a major deterrent, but it was something to consider, and at that moment Ernest was regretting having not exercised more over the course of his life. Despite this, he deduced that there would be plenty chance to do that along the way of their travels, his travels, and all hope was not yet lost.

A distinct sense of relief washed over Ernest when Saiorse spoke up, desperate for what could possibly be an alternate opinion or reason to just take a breather. This impression of relief only proliferated when the ginger girl said that she would indeed prefer to stay, however a slight tinge of apprehension tensed through the veins of Ernest when he considered the possibility that his actions may portray him to be attaching to the other young trainer, an uncomfortable possibility that incited a desire to phrase his words carefully.

Ernest cleared his throat.

"I - well, I agree with Saiorse. I don't want to try to hold any of you back from what your priorities are, but we just got here, and I want some time to absorb all that's being presented in this huge, enormous city. It's all so breathtaking, and, and..."

His voice trailed off, as he considered everything that was left. If he dwelled on one aspect too long it could screw them all over, and he didn't want to seem like a self appointed leader or anything, but Ernest was allowed to voice his opinions, wasn't he? It was all so complicated, so stressful, that he just wanted to hold any moment of clarity that would blessedly present itself.