• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokémon: An Adventure through Unova (discussion thread)

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
So, I’m bored, and wanted to make my own role play, this one based on Unova. The only rules for this role play is to follow the Pokécharms rules, and to have no more than three shiny Pokémon.

Here is the template for your character if you want to sign up:

Fell free to add more if you’d like.

Name:
Appearance (optional):
Personality:
Pokémon:

Name: Ezekiel (or Zeke for short)
Pronouns: he/him
Personality: Zeke is a very outgoing individual. He loves to make friends with almost everyone he sees. Thus saying, he is very optimistic, and refuses to see the bad in anyone, no matter what.
Pokémon: Lillipup

We will start this role play when around two or three more people (besides me) join. Hope to see you all there!

A limit? I would say maybe no more than three? And yes, we will get our starters in the role play.
Okay thanks. I assume I shouldn't list a starter in my form then. Here you go!

Name: Sera
Pronouns: She/her
Personality: Sera is confident and determined. She strives to do one-hundred percent, as such she is often frustrated by failure. She can't stand to see injustice and desires to put a stop to it.
Pokémon: Excadrill

Might as well put a character out here that I want to try:

Name: Valencia 'Val' Maxwell
Pronouns:
She/Her
Appearance:
Dark eyes and noir hair and of medium height with a nose ring. She either wears a black punk-like outfit with torn jeans or trousers and a hoodie and a black cap if she is in a casual situation, or she will wear a waitress or barista's outfit, giving a smart causal appearance with a buttoned up white shirt and smart black trousers if she is working.
Personality:
At work, she's very formal and doesn't speak much, trying to be kind, but out in the wild and in casual situations, she is edgy and likes to speak her mind.
Pokémon:
Koffing, Deerling (Autumn form), Fidough (Undecided starter Pokemon that will be shown in the RP when she gets her starter)
1691446248936.png

Well, here’s mine:

Name: Allen Ventura
Pronouns: He/Him
Appearance: He is a thin teen with a skinny build who has tan skin and messy black hair. He is always seen wearing his steampunk goggles with lime green lenses, meaning nobody knows what his eyes look like. When not wearing his stained lab coat and baggy pants, he wears a variety of fun and colorful graphical tees, along with slip-on shoes.
Personality: He is a curious, friendly, and intelligent boy, though he can come off as a bit hyperactive and maniacal. But under that guise of being a goofball, he’s a genius inventor capable of making high-tech gizmos and gadgets, with varying degrees of success.
Pokémon: Elgyem and Varoom
Other: If possible, is he allowed to be half-Paldean and a former student of Naranja Academy? I have some interesting lore in mind for him.

@T.C.

Last edited:
Name: Leona Stark
Pronouns: She/Her
Appearance:
Leona Stark  screenshot.png

Personality: Leona is a versatile and pragmatic person, able to adapt to different situations fairly quickly. Despite her general appearance, she can be quite friendly and talkative. She hates the idea of wasting anything, whether it was an empty container or a medicinal plant.
Pokémon: Midday Lycanroc, Ponyta, Rufflet
Other: Leona's left arm and leg were damaged beyond recovery and were amputated a few years back, hence her prosthetic limbs. She is also a survivalist that prefers camping and using whatever she can find.

I was hesitant for a while, but I think I want to give Unova another try.