• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver Reinvented

Welcome to the Johto Region. A region of happiness and joy. However after 3 years of being dormant, a new evil is arriving; Team Rocket. However, let's move on to a lighter note. In a peaceful town called New Bark Town, new destinies are about to begin.

"I can't believe it! Mr. Pokemon has done it again! He's found an amazing discovery." A man in a lab coat with light brown hair said, looking at the e-mail he had just received that was loaded up on his computer. "I won't be able to pick it up, but maybe I could get some help." He mumbled to himself, while looking at three Pokeballs on a machine to his left.

"Maybe I could get some help," he mumbled, wiht his voice trailing off, as he walked towards the phone to make a few calls.

---
"Daniel Fletcher! Get up! Professor Elm has a favor to ask of you!" Danny's mom's voice rang through the house, waking up the boy. It was already a bit past 10 o'clock, but the boy had wanted to sleep in. Rubbing his head and groaning, he rolled out of bed, and walked downstairs in his pajamas.

'What? I'm tired." He said, giving a yawn.

His mother rolled her eyes, and shook her head. Her arms were crossed and she was annoyed with her son's lazy attitude. "Well if you must know, Professor Elm called. He has a favor to ask of you. And he assured me that it would be worth your time."

"What do you mean by that?" Danny asked, scratching his head, and giving another yawn.

"Well, he promised a Pokemon." She said. "However he needed you there at 10:15, and that's in about 5 minutes. Now don't be late." And then she turned and walked away.

Danny stood there and blinked. Then he realized, hat was going on. "I gotta hurry!" He shouted, running up the stairs to head back into his room.

He changed and placed his hat on his head, in record time. before he left the room, he was sure to grab his bag, his PokeGear, and a Pokeball that was sitting on top of his dresser. Inside was his Pokémon, Achilles, who was a somewhat hard to work with Pokemon. Achilles was a gift from his father before he left and didn't seem to respect Danny enough to let him command him. But he might as well take the Bug and Fighting Type with him, just in case he needed him.

He bounded down the stairs, and rushed out the door. While booking it to Elm's house, he checked his watch. It was 10:14, and Elm's lab was just ahead. He began to sprint even faster. He ran past Elm's home and slammed the lab's doors open, quickly sliding to a stop. Already isn't he lab was a boy and a girl, who looked around his age.

"Well it looks like everyone is here. Please, go ahead and introduce yourselves to each other." Elm said, looking at all of the trainers gathered before him.

----
@Nebula-Newt, @Pretty Pichu

A young girl brushed her hair as she read the invitation from her mother about Professor Elm's call with her. Since her mother was at work when he called, she decided to send her daughter a summary of what he said. She got her hairbrush caught in a knot and she began to attack it mercilessly until it went away... And lost bits of her hair. She sighed and took all the remnants of herself on her brush and threw them away. She closed off her computer and got everything ready. She looked at her clock, and realized it was 7:00 am. She sighed, cursing herself for her sleeplessness. She got her Poke Balls, a physical copy of the Town Map, and put everything she had in a dark grey satchel with an ivory buckle and slung it around her shoulder and neck. She grabbed the Poke Ball that was supposed to house her Birth Pokemon, Pichu, and put it on her belt. Now another task... Finding her Pokemon.

She walked outside and took in the fresh, breezy air of the New Bark Town. She looked around at all the wind turbines and flowing trees, taking in the scenery. She walked around, looking for her Pokemon. She heard excited squeaking and looked toward the sound, seeing her Pichu hopping around on a tree branch. She sighed and ran up to her Pokemon, and decided to climb the tree. Chu looked down at her trainer and squeaked, jumping on her head. Shade, surprised, fell off of the tree and chuckled. Her and her Pokemon played around for a couple of hours until it was 9:00 am.

Her and Chu stretched, happy that it's closer to the deadline. With Chu perched on her shoulder, she walked toward Elm's lab. She pushed the doors open and waved to the friendly scientists, whom were working their butts off over some new discovery Mr. Pokemon had found. Wasn't he a Professor of another region? Nice cover name, she thought. She walked toward Elm and waved happily. Now, she just had to wait for the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She looked behind and saw the distraught and hurried individual that burst through the doors. She chuckled and shook her head, hoping the poor boy didn't bust a few blood cells rushing his way over here. She waved toward him, happy to see that someone else had arrived. She bowed, greeting him in her usual-but-unusual way. Her voice was quite whimsical, soft, and delicate when she talked. She sounded like a flower girl, really.

"Hello, dear friend. My name is Shadara, but you may call me Shade. You ready to embark on an adventure?"

Chu squeaked on her shoulder happy to see someone else to be friends with. She eyed the Poke Ball on the boy's belt, hoping the Pokemon in there was quite friendly and wanting a new squeaky friend like her.

Last edited:
There was no need for Flint to have to say goodbye to his parents or be woken up in the morning, he'd decided to camp out in a tall tree that overlooked Professor Elm's lab the previous night and so was up at the crack of Spearows, yawning up there in the foliage. And so from his vantage point he got to see two people enter the lab before him, presumably the other young trainer wannabes that would be meeting with the professor today. One boy and one girl, both of whom seemed to be around his age. He sat in the tree a little while longer, unwilling to leave the sun bathed branches just yet.

"Sparce.." came a drowsy cry from the young boy's companion, a female Dunsparce that went by the name Snug. She sat beside her trainer in complete content, curled upon the tree branch like some kind of yellow spring. Sadly she couldn't remain that way for much longer, there was a busy day ahead of them.

Walking through the electric doors of the lab Flint called out to those already gathered there "Hey there neighbours, Prof, how is everybody doing on this fine morning?" as he brushed some leaves from his hair.

Shade chuckled as she saw the young kid walk in. She bowed toward him and her partner, Chu, decided to squeak for her, basically in her own Poke-tongue that they were fine. Shade giggled from her partner trying to take the words out of her mouth and began to massage the area around her cheeks. Chu instantly went limp and fell asleep on her shoulder, not wanting to move at all. She looked to the Professor after everyone gathered around, wanting to know what the Professor called them in for.

"And my name is Danny Fletcher. Nice to meet ya neighbors." Danny said giving a happy wave after everyone else introduced themselves.

"Glad to here everyone getting along." Elm said, smiling warmly. "Now, I've called you three here today to help me with a favor. My acquaintance and good friend, Mr. Pokemon has rcently gotten hold of a rare discovery that could help my research immeninsly. A Pokemon Egg. I need the three of you to go and pick it up for me. And to help you do so, I will entrust each of you with a Pokemon."

He pointed to the machine in the corner of the room that held three Pokeballs. "There are three Pokemon over there. Chickorita, the Grass Type Pokemon, Cyndaquil, the Fire Type Pokemon, and Totodile, the water type Pokemon. And you each get one. Now go ahead."

Danny rushed over, grabbing the first Pokeball he saw, with thinkng or realizing what it was. The prospect of having a new Pokemon was so exciting and made his heart beat faster.

"Go Pokemon!" He shoued tossing out his new Pokemon from the red and white orb. The blue crocodile like Pokemon appeared, and waved his arms happily.

"Totodile!" he cried before lundging up and chomping down hard on Danny's head.

"Ow! Get him off!" the boy cried, pulling at the Totodile. Elm gave a soft chuckle as Danny pulled Totodile off. "What are you lauging about?" Danny angrily said.

"Well it looks like Totodile likes you already," Elm said refering to the Water type as he leapt out of Danny's arms and began to dance happuly around his feet.

When Elm was stating the Pokemon, Shade couldn't help but mouth out the words he said about the Pokemon and their typing. When Totodile bit Danny's head in a show of affection, Shade giggled, thinking that the Totodile was adorable. She went up to the other Poke Balls. She wondered which one she should pick. Given that he had said the order of the Pokemon from left to right, she picked the left-most one. She released it, and a green sauropod-like Leaf Pokemon Chikorita appeared before them. Chikorita looked at Shade and happily brushed her leaf against Shade's leg. She knelt down and pet the Pokemon, happy to have a new friend. The Chikorita made adorable noises as she was being pet, happy for the affection. She hopped on her lap and basked in the glory of affection. She curled up on Shade's lap, happy to have such a kind trainer.

Last edited:
Flint watched patiently as the others picked their starters, whistling a chirpy little tune. Chikorita and Totadile huh? Interesting little Pokémon for sure, especially the later, if a little over excited. Honestly it was surprising that bite didn't hurt more, the small water type had an impressive set of jaws on it.

Now that two of the Pokémon had already been picked the choice for Flint was extremely simple so he simply waltzed up and picked the final one, pressing the button on the red and white capsule. In a flash of bright light a small rodent like Pokémon with its back ablaze appeared, squealing a greeting as it faced its new partner.
"Hey there lil fireball, that's quite the little show your putting on there. I think we are going to get along nicely."

Shade looked over at Flint when he whistled, but quickly turned her attention to her new member. She cursed herself for having the case of "The Wandering Eyes" today... She had stared at a Heracross sipping honey for 4 minutes straight until the creature saw and was about to attack. I guess one could say she was studying it, but she didn't get any information from it whatsoever, since she was just practically staring at it.

Anyway, she smirked after he got his Pokemon and whistled the same tune he did. Although, when she took an actual look at his Pokemon, she thought this critter would suit him well. His rugged appearance and clothes would state that he had been mining and been in caves or around coal. Maybe Fire- and Rock-Types were his suited choice of Pokemon. She shrugged and picked up the Chikorita, petting her leaf gently and looking at Professor Elm, waiting for him to say something.

“Well I’m glad to see you all get along with your Pokemon.” Elm said smiling as the newer trainers played wiht their Pokemon. It looked like the cast for this journey was set. A quiet and cool young man, a observant girl, and finally an overactive kid. Their journey seemed interesting to say the least.

“Well you all have a choice. You can travel in a group and it makes things easier. Or you could travel the region solo and the experience will be much different. Your choice doesn’t matter now. But I would recommend you stay together until Cherrygrove. Then, if any of you are challenging the league, you can sign up here.” The ma explained this, before turning around to dig into a box behind him.

He pulled out three Pokedex’s and three interesting machines with matching wristbands. One of each was blue, another pair was green, and the final pair was red. “These are machines called a Pokedex and a matching Pokegear. They are important tools for young trainers, and my gift to you. Take one.”

Danny was the first person to grab his pair of machines. He grabbed the blue Pokegear and matching Pokedex. “This thing is pretty cool. He scanned Totodile with the machine.

“Totodile, the Big Jaw Pokemon. Its well-developed jaws are powerful and capable of crushing anything. Even its trainer must be careful.“ The Pokedex announced and Danny gave a sigh.

“Even the trainer must be careful. I’m in for some deep trouble. But I guess I should name you. “I’ll call you Fang. It’s seems fitting.” Danny said, as the newly named Fang, leapt up onto Danny’s shoulder and gnawed lightly on his head. “Ow,” Danny moaned.

Shade got up and held the cuddling Chikorita to her chest before grabbing the machines from the Professor, taking the green Pokegear. She thought about air-brushing it later when she finds some paint to suit her, but she decided against it. She thought about going alone, as that was what usually happened when she was out on an adventure - alone with her Pokemon. She thought that maybe spending time with people as well as Pokemon on an adventure would help her social skills develop beyond animals.

Even though she knew what it was going to say, she did it for the ears of the others, scanning the Chikorita and her adorable, squeaky friend with her Pokedex:

"Chikorita, the Leaf Pokemon. The leaf on top of its head can waft about a sweet aroma, as well as check the humidity and temperature. It loves to soak up the sun's rays and is generally docile.

"Pichu, the Tiny Mouse Pokemon. It is not yet skilled at storing electricity. It may send out a jolt if amused or startled. Although, despite its small size, it can zap even adult humans. However, if it does so, it also surprises itself."

Shade chuckled at Chu's dex entry. It seemed as if it was assuming her Pichu was an actual baby. Clearly, she is not, as her mannerisms seem to hint she is as old as she is.

For Chikorita's name, Shade thought long and hard, and decided to go with a more foreign name. Meganie, she finally thought. Yes, it would suit her final form better, but for now she's just going to have to deal with it. Besides, such a name would help boost this Pokemon's self-esteem anyway. She looked down at her partner and offered her the nickname of "Meganie". The Chikorita replied with a soft smile, and then quickly dozed off. Shade chuckled and held her securely and tightly, hoping that Chikorita would like the name.

Last edited:
"I think we'll call you Banzai. Sound good?" Flint asked the Cyndaquil, a warm smile on his face.
Banzai responded with a simple nod, clearly quite happy with the nickname as after confirming it he waddled closer to his trainer and began nuzzling his knee. An endearing sight to say the least, the action found Flint already growing attached to the small Pokémon. Snug, hardly the jealous or even active type, paid no attention and continued to snooze on the boys shoulder.

"Thanks Prof." Flint said as he selected the final set of Pokegear, red. Fitting really as he ended up with the fire type. He gave the device a brief examination, locating the on switch and turning it on his Dunsparce. A robotic voice floated out of the little machine, spouting information that the boy already knew about his best friend.

"Dunsparce, the land snake Pokémon. When spotted, this Pokémon escapes backward by furiously boring into the ground with its tail."

Pretty nifty tech really, Flint thought to himself as he stowed the device in one of his pockets. The others had all gone about scanning their own new companions and at this point it was pretty clear that they would be setting off on there adventures any moment. Now the only question was if it would be a solo venture around Johto or if either of these two would like to journey as a group. Honestly Flint didn't mind but it couldn't hurt to have somebody to talk to who could actually respond with something other than their own name.

Shade finally made a decision regarding going on an adventure: She was going to form a group. The people here looked like viable options for partners in a group, as they seem to all have a love for Pokemon and have diverse sets of personalities and hobbies and likes. She asked them both, looking at Flint and Danny. She kept averting her eyes away from the two to stare at the machinery and shelves laden with books, though; a trait she hated but couldn't stop. It wasn't from nervousness, but more from some underlying mental process in her brain to avoid eye contact. She can do it just fine with her siblings and Pokemon, but couldn't with anybody else, neither her own parents.

Anyway, she began to talk to the two, hoping that they'd join her, as she didn't want to be alone this time:

"Hey, boys. I have a question for you both. I have been through this region already during my time as a student at the high school, and I was wondering if I could experience the region in a different light - one with people instead of just my Pokemon friends. Will you two please join in me in this adventure?"

Her mousy friend stared at both Flint, Snug, and Danny. Her cheeks sparked with electricity and the faint sparkling sounds from her cheeks could be heard over the faint hum of the computers and machinery nearby. Her ears twitched as she also looked at the starters of the Johto region. She then stared off into space, wondering if she'll ever have fun with them and... Maybe prank one of them and see their reactions.

“Thank you Professor Elm,” Danny said giving the nod to the young professor, as Shade asked her question to him and Flint.

The boy crossed his arms, trying to look serious and thinking it over. But the boy had already had his head sent on the same thing Shade had suggested. “I don’t know about Flinty, but I’ll do it! This is a whole big region, and I want t experience to the best if my ability! But just don’t get in my way.” He said this last part darkly, and squinted his eyes to mimic a glare.

After a few seconds, he broke out in a laugh. “Kidding! Man, I almost bought myself on that one!” Danny’s face beamed as Fang loosened his grip from Danny’ head, and hung with his arms over Danny’s shoulder, and his tail and feet dangling.

Shade cocked her eyebrow at Danny when he glared at them, but she broke out into laughter when he destroyed the tension with a reassurance. After she stopped giggling, she jumped about in place and was happy to hear that Danny would be joining her. Chikorita, who was asleep, woke up in her arms and looked around. She found herself looking up at Shade, who was now looking up at Flint.

"Will you be joining us? Please say you will," Shade begged and pulled out the puppy dog eyes. She felt short near him, since two inches felt like a lot to her.