• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Sun and Moon Spoilers

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
To keep the site in general spoiler-free, we've set up this this thread for discussing anything spoiler-related regarding Pokémon Sun and Moon. Please keep any plot information that someone would only know by playing Sun and Moon to this thread – any spoilers posted elsewhere will be moved or deleted, as appropriate.

As posts in this thread still show up in news feeds and the like, please wrap your posts in spoiler tags to avoid inadvertently spoiling those who don't want to see the contents of this thread. To do so, click the View attachment 386192 button in the toolbar, then click Spoiler, and put what you want to write inside the [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags that appear. :)

Last edited:
Alola Dugtrio better have some damn good typing, because oh my good graciouis, that hairstyle! What in fresh madness is this?!
Otherwise, I don't like to be all "i don't like change" but damn i dislike what they've done with the touch screen for battling, it looks terrible, and sure it's useful having super effective etc there, but when does it almost feel patronising?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@RLRL
Interesting that you say that about the battle screen – I feel that it's an improvement in nearly every way. While their moving the buttons around again is a bit tiresome, it makes sense given the space they need to hold the new features.

I particularly like the new "details" screen (by hitting the Pokémon's icons in the middle), because it's often hard to keep track of all the Pokémon, their stat changes, what their abilities are and what they do, what special battle effects might be in play, etcetera etcetera. It feels like a genuine improvement to the game's systems.

As for the super effective marker, I can see why it might seem a bit patronising, but if it helps make the game more accessible, I can't really complain about it.

I honestly found the demo to detract from my excitement for the game. For one, it just seemed to try too hard. Some of the animations seemed over the top, like the Team Skull Grunts and the Pokemon catch animation. Also, I expected the demo to be more like the ORAS demo, and have more replayablity. After you complete the main story, all there is to do is run around on Tauros and slam into people. Or catch Pokemon. You could do that too. I do get that it was just a demo, but they could have added a bit more?

I've gone ahead and spoiled most of the game for myself. Am I upset that I did that to myself? Yes and no. Yes because I did, but no because it got me very, very hyped.
  • First off, the Pokemon. Oh my god, the Pokemon, while slow, are absolutely amazing. The amount of typings that have been redeemed/ introduced cough cough water/bug cough cough water/fairy and some of the buffs/nerfs have been amazing as well, Pelipper and Bibarel actually have some usage that doesn't involve HMs.
  • The story holy shit the story. Lusamine and Aether being baddies wasn't really a surprise, but Team Skull working for them??? Gladion being the rival wasn't a surprise, but him being a mole?! What Lusamine actually does?! Perfect.
  • The returning characters. Colress? Grimsley? Anabel?! Good god, Colress was expected but those last two were not.
I can't wait to get my hands on this game. This will be the best Pokemon game from a long time, I tell you.

I quite like the new games, and I'm not disappointed. The only problem I have with it is that the full-team EXP share doesn't do much for EXP. Switch-Training is a lot more efficient.

I love Rotom calling Ilima a dreamboat, it was amusing as hell.

I love the fact that the version exclusive ultra beasts come in multiples, which makes trading for them much easier. Same for Lunala/Solgaleo!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
When Lillie tells you how she ended up staying with Kukui and mentions how Prof. Burnet "has been... like a real mother to me", I honestly teared up a little. Maybe more than a little. Gah, if the other spoilers I've seen are true the whole plot of these games might hit closer to home than any other Pokemon game has so far.

EDIT:
tumblr_oh4jwi5Kim1rcs0rzo1_1280.jpg

Seriously... got a lot of bad flashbacks from this lady and I'm already 100% sure I'll be hating her with a passion

Last edited:

Jhan Garc

Formerly AkenabeShiro
Man...
I can't belive it. Lillie was so close to saying something along the lines of "I love you." Those goddamn fireworks! And then she moves to Kanto with Lusamine?! MY NEW WAIFU!!! WHY!!!

Postgame, you are told almost immediately to go to the motel on route 8. inside you will find a potentially familiar female. can't remember where she's from? she's the former salon maiden from the emerald battle frontier.

She even keeps the alakazam and snorlax from her original team.

Postgame, you are told almost immediately to go to the motel on route 8. inside you will find a potentially familiar female. can't remember where she's from? she's the former salon maiden from the emerald battle frontier.

She even keeps the alakazam and snorlax from her original team.

It's likely (heavily implied?) the universe she came from was destroyed by the Ultra Beasts.

For having some of the worst type combinations in the game these things do NOT mess around!

Jhan Garc

Formerly AkenabeShiro
It's likely (heavily implied?) the universe she came from was destroyed by the Ultra Beasts.

For having some of the worst type combinations in the game these things do NOT mess around!

Actually, she comes from the "original" timeline! She's the same one from RSE, but she fell through an Ultra Wormhole.

EDIT: And lost her memories.

First, Kagetora the Eevee trainer's quest. He sends you to find his old friends when he was young, and battle them, since he has work and stuff. It's really depressing because they have all seemed to move on, (one of them died, another forgot about Kagetora completely.) and then their quotes after imply how we all grow and die. But you get the Evium Z! Well, thanks Gamefreak! Also, Hau may have a crush on Lillie? As she leaves Hau says he wasn't able to tell her all the things he wanted to, and he was gonna send her a very long letter.