• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon The Movie: I Choose You! Coming To Theatres Alongside Ash-Hat Pikachu Promotion

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Ash Pikachu.png
It has been announced that the latest Pokémon Movie, Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You! will be coming to cinemas in the UK, US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand from the 11th of November. To celebrate this we'll also have the chance to get on hands on a special Pikachu wearing one of Ash Ketchum's hat. You can check out the first dubbed trailer for the movie below:

Starting on the 19th of September Trainers will be able to get their hands on a special code that allows them to get one Pikachu wearing one of Ash's many hats. The design you get depends on when you redeem the code and be careful, as it can only be used once! Here's when you can get each Pikachu:

• 19th of September until the 25th: Original hat (Kanto and Johto regions)
  • 26th of September until the 2nd of October: Hoenn region hat
  • 3rd of October until the 9th: Sinnoh region hat
  • 10th of October until the 16th: Unova region hat
  • 17th of October until the 23rd: Kalos region hat
  • 24th of October until the 30th: Alola region hat
Fan who attend showings for the movie will be given a special QR Code which will give them access to a Pikachu wearing the same hat as Ash in I Choose You!, and you'll also be given a special TCG card. You'll be able to buy tickets for the movie here.

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I have both Sun and Moon, so I get to pick two of them! While my first choice was simple (gotta be the Indigo League cap for sheer nostalgia value), my second pick for an Ash-Hatchu was a bit tougher. The Sinnoh saga was my favourite anime series but the Unova hat is my second favourite design...

Ultimately I think I'll just check out the movesets for the two Pikachu with those particular hats. Whichever has my more ideal moveset I'll likely choose.

My biggest thing about this is movesets. Personally, I kinda want to go with the Sinnoh Hat as it has a moveset that I enjoy, Iron Tail and Volt Tackle. However since I also have Moon, I''l probably grab that classic one for nostalgic reasons, not to mention he is the lowest level choice, making things interesting. Maybe I could do a run with that Pikachu as my starters.

Who remembers the episode in the original series when Ash told Misty that he will never get rid of his hat because it was important to him. Then changes it five times.

just bought my tickets to see the movie on november 5th, wondering how safe it'l be, last time i went to see pokemon 3 there I didn't get the entei card they were giving away =(