• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon the universal region

Y

Yifun618

“I don’t need a Pokédex.” Grace bluntly and immediately replied. She had a rather heavy bias against those due to some... other complications. She watched Vulpix start playing with Max’s Pokémon as she took another spoonful of soup. After she was done, she stood up and started to douse the fire and clean up the remains. She used her Horsea’s water to clean off all the cookware, and set everything on bag. Slinging in over her shoulder, she spoke. “I’m ready to head out when you guys are.”

"Well I am ready to go, but first." Aero said. "Max, I want a rematch. You have a Second Pokemon, and so do I. After a bit of training, I think Ducky is ready to take you on again." Ducky chirped, itching to fight Max's Pokemon. But he was still getting hugged by Hugger, who wouldn't let go of him.

"heh, your eager to please,but we should get going otherwise we might not make it before dark,there is a battle field near the gym,we can all battle their and I don't even know what shadows moves are,sorry aero"max said sadly he returned his two pokemon and continued his journey along with the others"okay according to the map we should be just a few more hours away"max said pointing to a trail

"Alright then." Aero said. "Lets get going then. Also Hugger, your hugging time has ended." Hugger returned to her Pokeball, and Ducky made a sigh of relief, and returned to Aero's shoulder.

Y

Yifun618

Grace returned both of her Pokemon to their respective Pokeballs, and prepared to head out. She wasn't sure if her Pokemon were prepared well enough for a gym battle, and her mind raced through different strategies. It was a flying type gym, but Grace had no advantageous Pokemon. She thought a little more on the matter, before giving it up and just continuing to walk. She would just train a little before the battle. Grace was more comforted by that thought.

As they walked max was amused at the different pokemon he saw,but he wasn't able to catch any of them,after a while Max and the others made it to violet city,max was in awe at the large tower and the unique buildings that gave violet city a reputation,max decided to stop by the Pokemon center to pick up a pokedexs and to heal his team"I can't believe how pretty violet city is, what about you two isn't it amazing, I heard that the large tower is a awesome place to train pokemon,hehe"max said cheerfully as he walked out of the center with his two pokemon walking beside him

"Yeah I guess it is pretty cool." Aero said, looking around. "I just want to find the gym. I have been training for this." Ducky chirped, and nodded. "So, I will meet you there." Aero said, looking at the map, and heading towards the gym.

Y

Yifun618

Grace watched Aero leave, then turned towards Max. “I’m going to train a little bit at the tower before I attempt the gym.” She said as she began walking towards the direction of Sprout Tower. She trained both of her party members up for a little while, then headed towards the gym once she wasn’t satisfied, hoping to watch Aero’s battle.

"ok,I'll go with you"max followed grace to sprout tower and waved to aero"see you later aero"max smiled as he entered the tower to train,he defeated a few sages and beating some Pokemon and after learning shadows attacks and how to use them he finished his training and headed to the gym to watch aero battle with grace

AMJ walked around the Pokémon School, her family's friend, a staff of the school, was still in his class teaching. She figured that while she's still in the school, why not looked around? She rounded a corner where she saw a trainer throwing crumpled pieces of paper on a battered looking Riolu, her eyes narrowed as she aimed and shoot.

The kid heard a loud flash and a bright light that blinded him for a minute, he turned angry at being interrupted "Who are you?!" He asked angrily as he pointed at AMJ who gave him a bored stare before she pressed the button on her camera summoning the obnoxious flash once again. "Stop that!" AMJ rose an eyebrow as her automatic shooting continued along with its flashes. "Stop it!" AMJ hummed as the boy brought up his arms to block the flashes "Stop what?" She asked innocently but you could tell by the way of her grinned that she knew exactly what he meant. "THAT!!!" AMJ chuckled, not giving an ounce of care or hint that she will stop anytime soon.

The kid screamed as he turned and run away from AMJ's assault, said girl pouted in disappointment as the boy dropped his bag from his escape. She sigh as she looked in her camera, deleting the obviously useless ones except for the picture of the boy abusing his Pokémon. Oh speaking of which. AMJ turned to the abused Pokémon who was kneeling, clutching its new bruises and looked quite dirty from the looks of it.

She walked over towards the Riolu, who tried to stand up and looked menacing but only succeeded to looked like a pathetic beggar before it dropped down on the ground unconscious. She frowned as she kneel down and touch it's neck to feel a pulse when she felt a faint one she sigh in relief before cradling the Pokémon to her chest as she went over to pick the boy's bag up before she exited the building and walked towards the Pokémon center. She has a feeling that the boy was rich and his family was influential enough to get him out of trouble, so going to the infirmary was out of the question beside by the appearance of the Pokémon it needed a far more professional help.

As max walked to the gym he noticed a girl by the trainer school along with a beat up riolu max ran to the girl and the Pokemon"ah, what happened to that pokemon"he asked the girl,max sent out his Eevee and commanded it to go get help from the Pokemon center,max opened his backpack and pulled out a couple berries and handed it to the Pokemon,max felt worried about the creature and the girl as well,she could be hurt too

The girl stopped as this boy asked about the Riolu and sent out an Eevee to get some help on the center. She rose an eyebrow at him before she wordless give him her camera, she showed him what exactly happened "See, that's exactly what happened. Anyway thanks for sending your Eevee but I think it'll be more helpful if I take him there, now." She stated before sprinting off towards the Pokémon center. She entered and explained everything to Nurse Joy who nodded and took the Riolu from her arms. She sigh before sitting down on one of the blue couches and looked around the place trying to spot if the boy's Eevee's got there first or she had outrun the Pokémon.

Colton had exited the gym. He had just been released from apprenticeship with Falkner. Colton was an extremely gifted trainer, and Falkner saw it immediately when Colton went to pokemon school. He had been apprenticed to him for three years now. After defeating Falkner in a battle, his apprenticeship was ended, and he discided to beat the gym league, and become a gym leader, like his master. As he left the gym, deciding to go to Azalea town, to fight the bug gym, since chimchar was a fire type. Noticing two people rush by him, Colton guessed they came to challenge the gym. "This is gonna be good." Colton said as he ran around the side way. "Falkner, is it ok if I referee one final battle with you, there were two trainers who raced by me on my way out." Colton asked him, so Falkner agreed, and Colton took his position on the side of the battle field.

Y

Yifun618

Grace watched Max and the other girl leave. She hoped the Riolu would be okay, but she also wanted to see Aero’s gym battle... unless she missed it. She quickly made her way to the gym and noticed Aero was not there. She decided that she might as well challenge the gym anyway, while she was here. Grace clutched a Luxury Ball, and approached one end of the battle field. Falkner stood on the other end, and someone whom Grace assumed was a referee stood to the side. “I’ve c-come to challenge the gym.” Grace was extremely nervous, and she showed it. Her hand was shaking, and her stutter came back.

Colton stood at the corner. Being the official referee, he makes the challenge official in the league. "Leader Falkner accepts the challenge. Step forward, and announce yourself. This is a two pokemon battle, and it will continue until one sides pokemon are unable to continue. The challenger is the only one allowed to substitute pokemon." Colton calls out, saying his format of the pokemon referee call. It is needed for every gym battle.

Aero got lost. He went looking in all directions, until spotting the gym. He ran in to see a battle starting. "Ok. Last time you do directions Ducky." He sighed. The Starly started to chirp at him, while he walked to the spectator area.

"hey you forgot your camera"max followed after the girl and the riolu
As leafy returned to him and a nurse stepped out of the center,she looked worried and nervous when she saw the riolu,max walked in to the center and took a seat and thought to himself
I sure hope that pokemon is going to be ok,huh
Max looked through the camera and saw many photos of Pokemon
Oh she's a photographer,neat, these pictures are amazing
Max kept looking at the photos and thinking about the gym battle and about the girl and that riolu

Y

Yifun618

“My name is Gracide-“ Grave stopped herself before she finished. “Grace. My name is Grace from Hea’Hea City in Alola.” Grace identifies herself. She nervously palmed the Luxury Ball in her right hand, and then brought it up towards her head. She noticed her hand was still shaking, but she ignored it. Trying to stay calm, she tossed the Luxury Ball towards the battlefield, watching it open and the blue light pouring out of it. The glow gradually dimmed, revealing her Vulpix, ready to fight. Grace caught the Luxury Ball as it returned to her hand. “I’m ready to begin.” She tried to confidently say, although her voice was still quiet and shaky. At least she was able to hide the stutter, though.

AMJ looked at the boy who still had her camera, she blinked before shrugging. 'It was a substitute anyway.' She thought to herself as she grabbed her HoloCaster, taking the boys picture, good thing his back was turned and the flash was off, "Miss, the Riolu is perfectly fine now but he needs a lot of rest since some of his old wounds didn't quite healed properly yet. AMJ sigh and nodded. "Could you like me to file a report at the Pokémon's trainer?" AMJ looked up at the nurse and nodded "Yes, that will certainly be helpful for Riolu. He doesnt need a trainer like that." The Nurse nodded and went back to her desk.

AMJ leaned on the sofa as she threw and catched the HoloCaster in her hand. There was a sound that indicated that there was Pokémon being release from its confines, this Pokémon was hers and it hopped to her lap. The Pokémon looked at her with a questioning gaze, she gaze back before sighing "Dont worry about me, Poseidon." The Pokémon huffed and hopped off her lap to sit next to her.

Last edited:
"good the riolu is ok,oh uh sorry I shouldn't have been looking at your pictures,but I Didn't know your a photographer"max said smiling and handing the camera to the girl"oh and if you don't mind me asking,what's your name,mines max, hehe"max let out his two pokemon , shadow snikered and sat next to Poseidon while leafy sat beside max

Last edited:
Colton looked at Falkner for acknowledgement that he was ready. Falkner noded to him. "Battle begin!" Colton yells out, voice echoing around the arena.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"Lets go Pidgey!" Called Falkner. He threw a pokeball, and a Pidgey flew out. The small bird circled over head. "Challenger makes first move."

AMJ shrugged as she grabbed her camera "Nice to meet you, Max." She said as she Poseidon hopped to her lap, completely uninterested by the two Pokémon. AMJ looked back at the bag of the trainer who abused Riolu and sigh. "I should be going home." She mumble taking the bag with her while her Froakie hopped on her shoulder. She walked to Nurse Joy "Nurse Joy, I'll be going now. I'll visit the Riolu later, see ya." She walked out of the Pokémon center, ignoring the odd boy who gave his name to strangers 'Who does that? Does he not know the meaning of Stranger Danger.' She thought as she walked in her apartment. She sigh in content as she sat down on her couch, before she grinned "Let's see what this boy owns." She giggled as she took out one of his notebook

Name: Railey Nors

AMJ rose an eyebrow at the name "Weird name." She commented as she continued to flip through the pages, trying to scavenge any information about this abusive boy.

Max looked confused as the girl walked out of the center"oh...well that was awkward,she didn't even say thank you for giving her camera back to her"max returned his pokemon who looked saddened and walked out of the center and headed to the gym,once he was there he met up with aero and watched the gym battle

Y

Yifun618

Grace watched the Pidgey fly in circles, immediately taking it's flight patterns into account. Prediction was everything.
"Serenity, use Quick Attack!" Grace yelled. Whenever Grace was in battle, she forgot her usual shyness and usually yelled without constraint. This was an example. This is just to see how it reacts, Grace thought to herself. She always tested the waters before going full force. She watched as the little Fire fox Pokemon ran fast enough to leave an after mirage, lunging towards the airborne Pidgey.

The pidgey was ready for the blow, and flew back some to damped the already not as effective.blow. While the vulpix was in the air, "Pidgey, use gust to blow it down!" Called out Falkner. The pidgey complied, and blasted the vulpix down straight to the ground.

AMJ went back to get Riolu, it looked fine and well rested but it still need much healing. "Miss, I already sent the report in the school, they said that they will wait for you." Said girl nodded as she give the Nurse a basket full of berries "That's for the Pokémon, I'll visit later." She said before race walking to the school eager to see the reactions of the parents of the boy. As she race walked to her destination she suddenly felt a gut feeling that there was something interesting going on. She looked at the gym and smelt a battle in the air but she shrugged and continued on to her destination. Her other side could wait, the Riolu's health is far more important than a scoop.

Y

Yifun618

The small fire-type landed on her feet, taking a little bit of damage. She shook off, before getting back into a ready position. "Ser', aim in front of it with your Ember attack before it can gain too much momentum!" From a little bit of battling, Grace was able to make the inference that battling was very momentum oriented. If a Pokemon lost momentum, they would find it hard to really get swinging again. If she could stop the Pidgey before it could get in the fighting mood, then it was her win. Grae watched as her Vulpix spit a small flame out of it's mouth towards the airborne Pidgey. To anyone watching, the flame looked like it would directly hit Pidgey. However, Grace had practiced this move. If she was correct, the Pidgey would attempt to dodge, and go right into the flame.