• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon Titanium

Chaplet Town @~Aura~Slashz~ @Draco Nightshade @Void_Nugget

You'll all be magnificent.

Somehow, Professor Troy's words did not boost Cassandra's confidence. Sedge's confidence, however, was through the roof. His eyes lit up when he saw Wulf pick the Sizzly Poké Ball.

"Ooo! Smart choice. The Dynabear line is one of my favorites."

"I thought they were all your favorite," Cassandra said.

"Which one will you pick, Madison?" Sedge asked, apparently dodging Cassandra's comment.

Coronet City

~10:30 a.m. ~ @Draco Nightshade

"Splendid!" Professor Zanzibar said. "Hey, Nina! Be a dear and roll those over here, would you please?"

His shiny Dratini pushed the tray of Poké Balls across the table.

"Thank you, Nina," Professor Zanzibar picked up the tray and patted the tiny dragon on the head.

"Ehem! Right. Inspirational speech time." Professor Zanzibar looked at Hector and Diana with a guilty expression. "I'll be honest, I didn't really prepare. Um."

Drah! Nina roared.

"Right. Right. I guess the best advice I can give you is that out there in the world you're going to stumble across many wild and wonderful things. Things you are not always going to be prepared for."

Hector caught the professor glancing down at his legs as he said that.

"Uh. But the important thing to remember is to trust your Pokémon."

Dri! Nina seemed happy about that.

"Your Pokémon are not your soldiers, they're your partners. You need to treat them with respect, and you need to prove that you are worthy of being followed. Once your Pokémon trust you, well, you will find that they're capable of things you could not image."

Hector looked at Tong and Luk. He understood very well what the Professor was saying. Perhaps, more than anyone realized. Hector's Lucario gave him a confident look and he smiled.

"So, who wants to go first?"

~11:30 a.m. ~ @Max Million

Professor Zanzibar narrowed his eyes at Sullivan. He raised his hand and Nina's grip loosened.

"Here!" Professor Zanzibar tossed Sullivan a Poké Ball. "I believe you'll find this specimen to be sufficient."

Nina couldn't help but feel there was something she was overlooking.

"But I warn you," Professor Zanzibar said. "You may find that the Pokémon of this region treat you differently than wherever you're from."

He opened the door.

"Be sure it doesn't hit you on the way out."

Crest Island

~Thalassa's Water-type Gym~ @Draco Nightshade

The woman at the counter examined Leona's trainer card.

"Go right in," she said. "Straight down past the statue that looks like a Primarina."

The clerk gave Leona back her trainer card. "Good luck! And watch out for Carvanhas."

That last part was a joke. Hopefully.

Draven Davidson​

Date: July 20
Pokemon Team: Ma'a the Hoothoot, Ammit the Aloeghar

Mentions: Alexander Aetos (~Aura~Slashz~), George (Max Million)

"Hm?"

After talking with some of the locals, he learned that because the professor was supposed to oversee the Starter Ceremony, there wouldn't be one, as the aide was too busy being at the lab to oversee it himself.

Professor Elani Rhoa was her name. Apparently, nobody in the city had seen her around today, which only made Draven believe more and more that some Gorgeon petrified her and she was abducted from her lab.

If security was that lax, it wouldn't be too hard to steal a starter from a lab... No, what was he thinking about? He wasn't going to stoop so low as to thieve.

However... Maybe he should watch out for others who may do that.

But because the Starter Ceremony was supposed to have the starter choose the trainer, and do some kind of puzzle or battle. Considering he had been studying Pokemon biology and battle, both of those should be a breeze. Considering Aloeghar was super effective against the Crest Island gym until she evolves, he should keep her from evolving till after they finish the Water-Type gym.

But there were Pokemon out here he'd want to catch. Already, he caught sight a few he wouldn't mind having, even if they were familiar. Pokemon like Spearow and Murkrow flew above, fighting amongst each other in short scuffles before flying off to their own respective territories.

But before he went to catch any Pokemon, he found a Pokemon Center and a battlefield beside it. Sending out Ammit, the Aloeghar looked around with some confusion before looking at Draven, who smiled a little. "Now, it's time to train. Let's see." He pulled up his phone, his phone having a Pokedex app that updated after getting a Mithos internet update. Scanning Aloeghar, he saw her moves and ability. Overgrow, with Tackle, Growl, and Vine Whip.

"Well, let's see." He was planning on fighting Alexander, mainly for shits and giggles. He already pissed him off earlier for being so irritating, so might as well take karma into his own hands. If Alexander went for Wigwarm, it's likely it had Ember or something like that. He then smiled at Ammit. "I will be teaching you some Vine Whip techniques that aren't really attacks, but will help throw you around the battlefield quickly for dodging and traversing."

Ammit tilted her head in confusion. Draven continued. "Hold out your vines for Vine Whip." The aloe very plants glowed and became longer, holding out the prehensile, glowing vines and waiting for instructions. "Now, push yourself off the ground with them."

She did so, and found herself doing a backwards somersault before landing perfectly, but the look on her face showed her shock. "Perfect." Draven clapped, causing Ammit to grin. "Now you get it. You can do this side to side, too. And grab limbs and attacks just as long as they aren't glowing with energy. Here, Ma'a, help her out." Hoothoot appeared beside Ammit, hooting out a greeting.

The training commenced, and it ended rather quickly. Ammit got the hang of using her vines for other purposes besides attacking, using them for dodging and grappling. After getting a bite to eat and getting the two Pokemon checked out at the Pokemon Center, Draven walked around looking for Alexander.

He realized he never got the guy's name, nor did he give his own. Funny. He waited out on the road coming from the Professor's lab, waiting for Alexander to leave it so he can fight him. And maybe see what this new guy was about too.

Chaplet Town

Wulf cracked a small grin before explaining. "I hope to specialize in Dark types. What better way to begin than obtaining a starter that becomes a Dark type. Aside from starting with a Dark type from the get-go."

Coronet City

Diana looked at the PokeBalls, then Hector and back again before deciding. "Uh, which one were you picking again? I was picking Wulfleur."

Crest Island

"Thank you." Leona made her way past the Primarina statue, feeling a change in the air as it seemed to get more humid. "Phew, I thought it was hot outside." Once she was sure that she was alone, Leona once again stripped down to her Jagwire print bikini before tying her beach towel with the same pattern around her waist like a skirt. Stuffing her shirt and shorts into her bag, she slung it back over her shoulder before continuing through.
Having heard from the greeter at the entrance that the first challenge was to navigate a maze of some sort, Leona cautiously made her way through the structure. It was probably five minutes before she ran into one of the gym trainers. "Oh boy, here we go!" @Charlotte Pryce

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Madison Stallings
Interactions: @Draco Nightshade, @Charlotte Pryce

"Nice choice, Wulf," Madison smiled and giggled at Sedge and Cassandra's remarks as she exited the chair.

"You'll see," Maddie winked at Sedge as she walked onto the stage. She didn't seem to have a shred of nervousness as she got up and confidently picked up Chickapea's Poke Ball. Madison liked Grass-types and always wanted a Grass-type Pokemon since she initially didn't have one.

Alexander Aetos
Interactions: @Merciless Medic , @Max Million

"Yeah, I'm going to get some Pokemon and train a little, then I'll be right there," Alexander answered.

"You're right. Wigwarm's a Fire-type," Alexander nodded as he affirmed George's inference. Alexander nodded about being called 'Alex'; many people already called him by that name, so it was nothing unusual.

"Ground is a solid typing; I don't blame you for loving that type," Alexander nodded as he internally sighed.

Of course, my Wigwarm is 4x weak to ground.

"I've actually never seen that Pokemon before, I must say. And don't worry about the Poke Ball situation; once you get a Luxury Ball, I've heard it'll all be fixed," Alexander giggled.

"Hey, as much as I want to sit here and talk, I've gotta admit, I'm a bit eager. I'll meet you there since we will both be at the Water gym. See you!" Alexander exclaimed as he ran out.

But then he noticed that guy.