• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Trials

(I did not take his from Pokemon Sun and Moon.)

Pokemon want to train, and they think that if they beat a trial, they can master that type of ... pokemon. You are the leader of a trial, and you verse pokemon wishing to beat you, if they beat you, you do NOT give up your spot, but you congratulate the pokemon for defeating you. Here are the rules:

1. Trial leaders can't verse each other.
2. Do not be unstoppable, you have to lose sometimes.
3. I allow romance.
4. I allow swearing.
5. Only one character.

Here are the places:

Normal Trial: @The Ringmaster
Grass Trial:
Fire Trial: @WolfyPop
Water Trial:
Fighting Trial:
Flying Trial:
Poison Trial: @Lord Of Pain
Ground Trial:
Rock Trial:
Bug Trial:
Ghost Trial:
Electric Trial:
Psychic Trial:
Ice Trial:
Dragon Trial:
Dark Trial: @Blu Ace
Steel Trial: @Frostwind
Fairy Trial: @PokemonTrainerKeiko

Form:

Name: (Characters Name)
Trial: (What Trial Do You Lead?)
Arena: (What Does Your Arena Look Like?)
Species: (What Pokemon Are You? Must Be Same Type As Trial)
Trial Members: (You Need Four Other Pokemon To Verse Before You)
Personality: (How Does Your Character Act?)
Other: (Anything Else?)

To The Rp!
Name: Phoenix
Trial: Fire Trial
Arena: Top of a volcano, battle starts in the middle of a lava pit, on molten rock.
Species: Flareon
Trial Members: Talonflame, Ninetales, Typhlosion, Rapidash
Personality: Phoenix is a calm individual, but in battle she is a fire breathing hell.
Other: None

A Lucario entered the light, puffing, she had just defeated the Ninetales. Looking up she saw a Flareon, laying on a boulder in the middle of a lava pit. "Aha... here you are, Talonflame warned me..." Phoenix smiled, sitting up. "Miss Phoenix... it is a pleasure to see you..." The Lucario puffed. "Thank you... now, ready for battle?" She smirked. "Okay, let's go... The Lucario leapt onto the molten rock. "Very well..." Her eyes glowed yellow, and a ring of fire surrounded her, then she blasted it into the air, it exploded. Suddenly, lava started bursting out of the sides, preventing escape, steam made it hard to see. The Lucario gaped her mouth open.

"You first..." She smiled. The Lucario used Aura Sphere. Phoenix dodged it and used Fire Spin, it surrounded the Lucario, after a while, the Lucario collapsed. "You did well, but train harder, and you will defeat me..." Phoenix smiled, the steam disappeared and the lava stopped sprouting out like geysers. The Lucario sniled and walked off. Phoenix walked out of the volcano with her troop. "That Lucario was a good fighter.." Said Ninetales. "I agree," The Rapidash smiled. "The lucario has spunk for a girl," the Typhlosion smiled.

Last edited:
Name: Midnight
Trial: Dark
Arena: A Black and White arena, no color, the only light source is the sun ir moon when overhead.
Species: Shiny Umbreon
Trial Members: Zoroark, Liepard, Honchcrow, Houndoom
Personality: Midnight is mostly calm, he rather lie down during a fight then stand, causing great confusion to an enemy. He can withstand a few Punches before Fainting.
Other: Blue Scarf

Midnight sighed, as another Pokemon bit the dust. A Pidgeot didn't even defeat the first trial. Midnight frowned. "Maybe their too strong?" Midnight questioned his team. He then looked over to the Fire Trial. He saw Phoenix, speaking to her many friends. He smiled, then turned back to his team. "Alright, We did good. Let's have a break, but by that, I especially mean Zoroark." Midnight smiled. The Zoroark sent especially beat up, bruises everywhere, though he was the first trial, everytime. "Thank You." The Zoroark smiled, running off. The other three Pokemon started chatting while Midnight stood on his throne, a smile on his face.

(@Blu Ace Accepted!)

Phoenix sighed. "You guys go rest, I hardly have to do anything because I am the Trial leader..." Phoenix smiled. "Thanks Nix!" Typhlosion exclaimed. The Flareon walked to a cliff, and watched the forest below, when she heard something behind her. A Persian smirked, approachong with two Liepards. "Umm... who are you?" Phoenix asked. "Your nightmare..." The Persian said, using Shadow Ball on Phoenix. "GAH!" She was shoved off the cliff.

Thump! Phoenix thought she was alright, then rocks fell on her with a yelp. Holding her neck, she looked back at her paw, seeing blood. The Flareon squirmed, trying to get out of the grasp, but everytime she tried to move her side hurt. The only visible part of her body was the fluffy tail that had a few pebbles on it.

Midnight heard a large yell, then turned back to the Fire Trial. He saw a Red Blob fall to this ground. "Phoenix?!" He yelled, runing down to their crash site.

Midnight frowned, finding Phoenix's fluffy tail. He Quickly used Psychic, picking the rocks up, off of Phoenix. Midnight dashed by Phoenix's side. "What the heck happened?" He asked, helping the Flareon up.

Phoenix was extremely bloody. "S-Someone... shoved me off... with Shadow Ball... a Persian..." She was too weak to move. "WHAT HAPPENED!" Came a yell, Typhlosion came crashing down, with Talonflame, Rapidash and Ninetales. "What happened to miss Phoenix?" Ninetales asked.

"She says she's been attacked, then pushed off a cliff, so I'm taking her to Audino, and see if she can help." Midnight sighed. He grabbed Phoenix, then placed her on his back. "Alright, let's go." Midnight frowned. "Also, their better not be blood stained in my fur after this, or I'm turning you to a fur coat." Midnight sighed.

Typhlosion growled at what Midnight said. "Actually, I think I will carry her.." He said, narrowing his eyes at Midnight, picking up Phoenix, he went on all fours, placing her on his back. "Excuse him, he is overprotective. .." Ninetales apologized.

Name: Hemlock
Trial: poison
Arena: a dark forest filled with poisonous plants and thorny bushes, in the middle is an elevated arena with a flight of black stairs on all four sides, purple torches in each corner
Species: Toxicroak
Trial Members: Nidoking, Gengar, Draping and Venesuar
Personality: sneaky, very talkative and tactical
Other: none

---------------------

Hemlock was doing his usual daily warmup exercises when a gardevoir walked up the flight of stairs, burnt, bruised and soaked in venom yet standing strong, I'm here to challenge the Poison Trial Master!" She said

"And so you shall!" Hemlock exclamed, taking a fighting pose, the Gardevoir shot a beam of psychic energy at him, which he swiftly dodged with movements that looked like dancing, this confused the gardevoir till she figured out he has used Swords dance, "what's the matter? Aren't you Afraid to lose? Because if you stay still you will lose!" He said as he ran towards her

Gardevoir's red eyes flashed blue as she used future sight, then used a thunderbolt

Hemlock dodged the bolt, just barely saving his heel from it, he ran in circles around her, "you gotta be faster!" He said before following up with "I find it interesting you got past Gengar, but I bet he did cause a few dents in you"

Gardevoir couldn't focus with Hemlock's constant talking, she tried to hit him with a Psybeam again but he dodged with another swords dance, future sight struck him by surprise but didn't stop him from delivering a Poison Jab to her back with a fist radiating in purple venom, which knocked the gardevoir out

Hemlock had Gengar and Drapion take the knocked out gardevoir out of the forest while he took a stroll in his favorite place to walk which was at the bottom of a cliff, he noticed Pandemonium in the distance and walked over, a talonflame, rapidash, shiny umbreon, Ninetales and a typhlosion with a flareon on its back came to sight, "Hey!" He called out, "what happened her? What's with the gathering?"

Name: Naya
Trial: Normal-type
Arena: Her trial takes place on a stage in the middle of an open, grassy field, so Pokemon with lower confidence levels can perform without much worry. Overhead sit lights that shine whenever the moon comes out and it becomes trickier to see.
Species: Persian
Trial Members: Pidgeot, shiny Furret, Aipom, Cinccino
Personality: Battle-hating, Showcase-loving, and friendly toward mostly everyone, Naya despises anything that has to do with pain, be it her own or someone else's (especially someone else's). Not being the fastest of them all doesn't mean she's not the most graceful, and she will show off her dance moves whenever she has the chance, but she doesn't use the phrase "show off" under any circumstances.
Other: She wears a flower crown she made herself, changed every once in a while, as flowers do tend to wither when they're not growing.

I got this feeling
Inside my bones
It goes electric, wavey when I turn it on
All through my city
All through my home
We're flying up, no ceiling, when we're in our zone

Ignoring the large plume of fire that spewed from the volcano that sat in front of the stage (but much, much farther away, obviously), the Normal-type trial leader pranced about to the tune of her song, a wide smile on her face. Four others sat before her on the grassy ground, watching her practice session. The music went on for around another three minutes, before the final verse ended the sound.

Break it down
Got this feeling in my body
Can't stop the feeling
Got this feeling in my body
Come on

As Naya landed in a glamorous stance on the wooden platform others called an arena, the head of the Furret that sat with the others whipped around to search for the source of an oddly loud sound, followed by the Aipom, Cinccino, Pidgeot, and Naya herself. "What was that?" asked the Furret, voice filled with worry.

"Dunno, F," replied the Pidgeot, extending his wings and soaring into the air. "Naya!" he called down to the Persian, "should I go check it out?"

"Yes, P, please do! Take A with you, alright?" Naya replied to her part-Flying-type partner, nodding her head, a concerned expression on her face. "F, C, and I will follow suit!"

Nodding back to his friend, P swooped down, feeling the large hand on the tip of the Aipom's tail come into contact with his feet, holding on as he clutched it with his talons, ensuring the Long Tail Pokemon's safety as they flew off.

"Come on, you two!" called the Persian, leaping down onto the ground next to the Scarf Pokemon and laying on the grass, allowing her to climb onto her back. "We must help! It sounds like someone is badly injured!"

Brow furrowed in worry, the shiny Long Body Pokemon whimpered, not waiting for the others as he took off, running as fast as he could go on all fours.

Once C was comfortably seated, Naya stood again, racing off after P, A, and F, a determined gleam in her eye. Her ears were nearly flat on her head, for two reasons, one being her concentration, the other her flower crown, which would fly off her head if she did not pin it down in some way.

Of course, P and A arrived at the scene first, noticing that it was mainly Fire-types and Dark-types, but a Toxicroak was there, too. Lowering himself close to the ground, P let go of A's hand, watching as she somersaulted onto the ground, standing up with no problem, her tail curled behind her like a Pachirisu. Landing next to the Aipom, it was the Pidgeot that spoke first to them. "Hello there. Is everything alright? We heard distress."

"Yeah!" replied A, holding her paws to her cheeks, a frown present on her face. "Are you all okay? What happened, if you don't mind us asking?"

From behind stormed F, C, and Naya, not quite there with the group yet, but getting closer.

(OOC: 10/10 names are 10/10. xD )

(@The Ringmaster Accepted!)

Ninetales stared at Naya. "A Persian..." She wondered, glancing at Phoenix, then back at the Persian, she asked, "Do you know any other Persian? One that has a hatred for fire types?" Ninetales glanced back at Phoenix.

Finally there with the group, Naya let C slide down off of her back as she sat at the base of the volcano, a confused expression taking over her concerned ones for a moment, as she bowed politely. "'Another Persian'?" she asked, thinking back to the past of her trial, trying to remember if she had ever come across another of her kind while there, since she knew she never did outside of it. Shaking her head, she replied to the Ninetales. "No, I can't say I have. Why do you ask? All we heard was an abnormally loud sound and knew that something was wrong, since we have never heard the sound before in our meadow. Did something go wrong involving a Persian like myself? I can assure you, though, that I am not a hater of any type of Pokemon, so I am not the Persian you are looking for."

Nodding their heads in agreement, Naya's partners listened silently to their leader's conversation with the others, not exactly sure how to chime in.

"Naya hates nobody!" added C, awkwardly, burying her face in her fluff after saying so. "She's good!"

Smiling warmly to the youngest of the bunch, the Persian looked from Pokémon to Pokémon as if she was trying to prove C's point. The others nodded in agreement, mumbling things that could not be made out by anyone.

Midnight was confused, the Typhosion taking Phoenix off his back, and taking her himself. He shrugged, then turned to the Ninetales, who explained Typlosion's personally. He then sighed. "Well, if he's dealing with it, then I guess I don't have too." Midnight sighed. He then turned direction, then preparing to walk off, but was stopped when a Toxicroak asked what happened. He turned to answer the question, but the Ninetales was too fast, and answered for him. He sighed, turning again. He only made it two steps until he was stopped again by another Pokemon, Persian. He didn't turn, knowing the Ninetales would explain, and he was right, she did. He sighed, walking off before any other Pokemon came around.

Hemlock was surprised with the sudden arrival of more pokemon, but he knew that the more pokemon that came to help the better. "If you guys want I can have my trial members check the area" he suggested, "knocking others off a cliff isn't polite, I'm tempted to 'teach' that persian some manners" he added

"Thank you..." Ninetales said, and the fire types carried Phoenix to the nursery.After a while Phoenix was alright, wearing bandages everywhere. "Miss Phoenix!" Rapidash smiled. "ugh... what happened..." Phoenix asked, feeling her head. "A Persian used Shadow Ball and shoved you off the cliff... Midnight found you..." Typhlosion smiled. "Can you do something for me?" Phoenix smiled.

Ninetales dropped the letter in front of Midnight's arena, it said:

To Midnight, I thank you for saving me.... if it were any longer, I would of died from blood loss... I owe you one, thank you...
From, Phoenix.

Midnight sighed, finding a letter in his arena. He used Psychic, bring in the card up to his face, then started reading.

"To Midnight, I thank you for saving me.... if it were any longer, I would of died from blood loss... I owe you one, thank you...
From, Phoenix." The card read.

Midnight smirked. "Maybe I should get that favor now." He smiled.

Phoenix limped outside of the nursery with her troop. "Well... I guess we can't do trial battles for a while, until Miss Phoenix gets better.." Talonflame sighed.

Midnight looked down from his arena. He saw Talonflame, along with a red blob, along with white bandages strapped around it. "Phoenix? Jeez, that Pokemon really did a number on you, huh?" Midnight sighed. He wasn't even in front of the Pokemon, he was just speaking to him self. "Should I go down, or no?" Midnight frowned, at his options.

"I will go around seeing if anyone knows a Persian other than Naya.." Ninetales said, dashing off. "Rapidash and I will go make you a comfy bed..." Talonflame exclaimed, flying into the arena with Rapidash behind him. "Well, I will get food for you!" Typhlosion ran off. "Wow... they really care about me..." Phoenix blushed.

Midnight smiled, watching the other three Fire Types scatter, probably just caring for their injured team mate. The moon was coming over head, as it was pretty late. He sighed. Running down to Phoenix. He was careful, not to numb into her, or else he would be getting 180 degree burns everywhere by the Fire Trial. He stopped when in front of her. "Hey Fluffball, you doing fine?" Midnight smiled, his nickname for her was still priceless.

"Oh hey Midnight, thanks for helping me when the boulders collapsd on me.." She smiled. The Flareon had gotten used to him calling her Fluff Ball, lots of pokemon called her that, but she didn't mind, fluffy but deadly!

"Your welcome, I would Take that favor you owed me, but I think you can't, so I'll save it for later. Anyways, how long till you heal? I'm not comfortable with a Injured Pokemon just walking around, no offense." Midnight smiled.

"My bandages will be on me for another day or two, and I should be ready, so, how are your teammates?" Phoenix smiled, looking over his shoulder to the dark type pokemon.

"No Idea, I let them out of my sight, and their gone. Ehh, I don't really care though, then find their way back, they always do." Midnight smiled. He then leaned on Phoenix. "And I can still get to your fur!" He smiled, hugging her tail.

Phoenix giggled, "That tickles!" she squeaked. Midnight had always loved hugging her tail since they were young. Watching him hug her tail, she felt nice and layed down, letting him hug her tail.

Midnight sighed. "Fine, I'll let you live, today." Midnight smiled, then lying on Phoenix, placing his head on her scruff. "It's soo warm." Midnight smiled, snuggling I not Phoenix's neck.

Phoenix blushed. Sure, he did that when they were little, but now they are older, and it is cute that he still does that. He pressed his head on her scruff, and she wagged her tail.

Midnight smiled, watching as Phoenix wagged her tail, it sometimes hitting his nose. He smiled, standing up. "Alright, enough cuddling. Let's just go take you home, then We'll be good for the day? Sound like a plan?" Midnight smiled.

Hemlock and Gengar where roaming around the place looking for any clues as to where the guilty Persian was, he swiftly managed his way in the dark with the ghost pokemon right behind him, "where could they be...." he asked himself before Gengar said "hey isn't that the flareon that got hurt?"

Hemlock looked in the direction Gengar pointed in, it was, he made his way over and said "hi! nice to see you recovered a bit!"

Midnight held out a paw, offering to help the ingured Flareon up. He simple gave a closed eye smile, hoping she would accept, he didn't want to see her try to get up and make a complete fool out of her self, then ask for his help, he just wanted her to accept the help. He then turned to the Pokemon that approached. "Hello." Midnight smiled.

Phoenix let him help her up, "Thanks!" She giggled, turning around, she saw the Toxicroak and Gengar.

"Thanks Hemlock!" The Flareon smiled. "My teammates are out getting food and making beds!" Phoenix giggled.

"Me and Gengar are scouting the area, and tomorrow morning Nidoking and Venusuar, and this morning Drapion was" Hemlock said as he looked over to the Ghost next to him, Gengar was looking around very focused

"Now why would any pokemon want to hurt you? You seem like the type of pokemon who would never harm anyone badly on purpose...." he asked

"I know right? The Persiab came out of nowhere and used Shadow Ball on me..." Phoenix said. "Miss Phoenix, I can't find anything..." Ninetales returned, puffing.

"Wow, I didn't even know Persian could learn Shadow Ball." Midnight sighed, then patted Phoenix's back. "Dont worry, vengence shall be had." He smiled.

"you can say that again" Hemlock added, he looked around again then said "Gengar if we split we can cover more space, ill scout here and you at the other side of our forest ok?"

"yes boss!" was gengar's reply as he slowly turned invisible, Hemlock looked back at them and asked "any other way i can help?"

Name: Blade
Type: Steel
What My Trial Looks Like: A large cave filled with many different metal ores protruding from rocks. It has multiple layers, one for each trial member.
Species: Bisharp
Trial Members: Sickle(Scizor), Ironhide(Aggron), Mimic(Mawile), Bastion(Bastiodon)
Other: Blade is a fierce battler and competitor. He hates to lose and will do anything to keep himself from doing it. He is very cocky, as he believes his Trial is the strongest and can take on any other and win.

Blade smirked, yet another Pokemon had fallen victim to his first Trial member, Bastion. He saw the entire battle from his perch, way up at the top of the Trial, the contender, a Mienshao, did a decent job, it had almost managed to take out Bastion, but was ultimately taken out by his infamous charge-attack. Sickle, his final Trial member, appeared from the steps that led from his platform to Blade's and crossed over to the Trial Captain and knelt "Another one has fallen sir,". "That is good, continue on and keep me proud of this Trial."

"Its alright, you guys are so nice to me..." She blushed. "Miss Phoenix! Your bed is ready!" Talonflame flew out. "Thank you.." She smiled, walking in, Phoenix stretched and layed down, Typhlosion came in with a basket on his back. "Here, Miss..." He smiled.

"Heh, No Problem." He smirked, then watched as she walked off. He then sighed. "Poor Flareon, she's probably going to be constantly attacked to the point where she can't even run her own trial." Midnight frowned, then turning to the Fire Trial. He looked back to see Typlosion, handing her a basket. This brought an annoyed look to Midnight's face. "Altough I'm sure the Typlosion is buttering up Phoenix, but I don't know why." Midnight sighed. "Well Hemlock, I'm heading back to my Trail." Midnight sighed, then walked off.

"See ya later then" Hemlock said as he took off heading to his trial as well

He reached his trial and was greeted by Nidoking and Drapion, "we gonna be having a action packed day tomorrow, I have a feeling we will have strong challengers" he said