• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Virtual Console Games

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
As I've been wanting to make this for awhile, here's a list of the Pokémon virtual console games currently available in North America and Europe via either the 3DS or Wii U eShop (or Wii Shop Channel). I'll do my best to amend this list each time a new VC game is released. :)

3DS eShop

• Pokémon Red - Availability: NA/EU
  • Pokémon Blue - Availability: NA/EU
  • Pokémon Yellow - Availability: NA/EU
  • Pokémon Puzzle Challenge - Availability: NA/EU
  • Pokémon Trading Card Game - Availability: NA/EU

Wii U eShop

• Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team - Availability: NA/EU
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team - Availability: NA/EU
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky - Availability: NA/EU
  • Pokémon Ranger - Availability: NA/EU
  • Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia - Availability: NA/EU
  • Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs - Availability: NA/EU
  • Pokémon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire - Availability: NA/EU
  • Pokémon Snap - Availability: EU only
  • PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure - Availability: NA/EU

Wii Virtual Console

These games are accessible via the Wii Menu's Shop Channel.
  • Pokémon Snap - Availability: NA/EU
  • Pokémon Puzzle League - Availability: NA/EU

Which of the currently available Pokémon virtual console games have you guys bought, and/or which are you hoping to be able to buy in the future?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Anything missing from the list? According to Nintendo, Europe should be receiving Pokemon Snap and PMD: Explorers of Sky today, while North America is getting Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs. :)

Myself, I currently own Pokemon Yellow and Puzzle Challenge on the 3DS eShop, and I have both Snap and Puzzle League through Wii's Shop Channel. I've yet to buy anything off the Wii U's eShop but that's likely to change once North America gets Snap on it. Lucky Brits! >=o

I have Pokemon Blue on VC, it was terribly nostalgic to play through again. I might get Pokemon Snap if it comes out here to show solidarity. I'm cranky that Nintendo hasn't made a Pokemon Snap 2, I always thought the 3DS was the perfect console to do it on with the built in camera. Then again everyone just turns off AR in Pokemon Go unless it's to take a funny picture, so maybe that was our last great experiment with the medium for now. :p

I fell down the stairs last week, messed up my ankle and had to spend 3 days off my feet, got bored and nostalgic and downloaded pokemon yellow on my 3ds. I'm playing an ex-aid themed game right now so my pikachu is called Mighty =) decided to do the mew glitch as i'd never played through a gen 1 game since gen 2 came out. I was pretty shocked how much i remembered, and got out my original prima guidebook =)

Really looking forward to picking up gold and silver in a few weeks time, my original silver game is lost (all but a saved team on pokemon stadium 2) due to the internal battery dying, so it'l be nice to have a somewhat more reliable game