• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Vs. Zombies?

What would happen if the zombie apocalypse struck the world of Pokemon? The rules are simple.
(Warning: Some gore or injuries. I'll try not to go to into detail.)
1. Post a Bio of your character consisting of Name, Age, Appearance and talents.
2. Choose one pokemon partner (can be evolved) That is your one choice so choose wisely. Feel free to provide moves or information.
3. Contain this all in post to introduce your character. Simple as that.
• Try not to be OP or a Mary Sue/Gary Stu, it may sound cliche but it really does happen a lot.
• Try and give open ended posts as a way to introduce your character.
I'll start it off.

Name: Zeth Zuin, know to many as Bishop.
Appearance: Zeth has short messy black hair and brown eyes, and is relatively thin and short for his age. He tends to wear goggles and a black cloak when in his Bishop identity.
Talents: Predicting things, knowledge about the zombies.
Partner: Absol named Harbinger. She has a a large scar across one eye.
Moves: Night Slash Protect
X-Scissor Psycho Cut

Zeth skulked across the rooftops of Neopolis City. The neon paradise once glittered, but now the lights had gone out. After the... Incident, more and more trainers and Pokemon had been devoured. Scientists found the zombie Pokemon uncatchable, and that many gained a Bug, Normal, Dark, Ghost or Fighting typing, some ditching their original typing alltogether. Zeth had supplied many small groups with information and new survivors, but he was on the lookout for any stragglers. The hordes were starving today.

Last edited:
Name: Hal-en Finascio, known to friends as Hal
Appearance: Hal has a mess of short, black hair on his head which he never cares to fix. He always carries a pecan-colored satchel that's almost gotten him killed many times. He's really short too, with dark brown eyes.
Talents: Climbing icefalls and mountains, combat with a club and shield
Partner: Serperior named Talia
Moves: Energy Ball, Grass Knot, Sunny Day, and Growth

Hal walked silently through the deserted streets. A few growls were heard in the distance, so he kept his, well, distance. As he walked past a mart with broken glass where a window used to be and all the items inside smashed. He heard a shuffle from above. Silently gasping, he drew his sword which had a large white pearl in the center of its hilt. Its long, razor sharp blade shone in the dim, flashing streetlight.
"Who's there?" he wanted to whisper, but the words wouldn't come out.

Zeth saw someone walking past. They spoke and drew a sword. He would have just darted away like he usually did and came back for him later, but off in the distance he saw a large, spiked figure, with dead sunken eyes. He hopped down from the roof and landed in front of him. He opened the door to the store. "Quick, get inside. You'll need shelter before the Tyranitar arrives." He gesture inside.

Name: Brefew Holter, commonly known as Hunter
Appearance: Brefew always wears his dad's brown hunting jacket, not once has he left home without it. He has short brown hair and fluorescent green eyes. He has a stare that no man can hold.
Talents: Tracking things down, hand-to-hand combat
Partner: Vigoroth named Vince. He often gets aggravated easily
Moves known: Slash, Ice Beam, Hone Claws, Brick Break

Brefew looked down at the crying boy who laid beneath him. For a short moment the boy looked back, but his looks were soon cut off when his eyes met Brefew's. Silently, Brefew drew his dagger. He had always done anything that he could in order to survive in this world. Killing this boy would not be an exception. As he brought the dagger down he paused for a moment, he could've sworn he heard voices in the building next door.

Name: Candy Nosion, likes to be called her alto ego, Plague.
Appearance: Kanon has dark blue hair, but because of not being able to redye her hair, her hair is dark brown and has a weak fade to dark blue. She has grayish blue eyes under her strampunk goggles, she is also around 5'7. She wears dirty overalls with a brown shirt and combat boots. She has a backpack full of repair tools, along with herbs, bottles, and a few other things
Talents: Repair woman and minor electrician, Can make herbal remedies and Medicine.
Partner: Millicent the Noivern
Moves: Flamethrower, Dragon pulse, Water pulse, and Fly.

Plague walked closer to the Building, spotting a few people nearby. She had Millicent close to her side, who was eating a berry. " oooo~ a store! Are you guys gonna share?" She said, running up to the strangers. She had rope and thick gloves on, and was also holding a hunting knife.

As the young man pulled him in the shop, Hal panicked, sloppily tripping over himself and putting his sword back in its brass scabbard.
"Who are you?" he wanted to ask more questions, but instead just repeated himself.
"Who are you?"

Last edited:
"The names Bishop. Not my actual name, but more people recognise me by it." He was about to try and find a place to hide when he was interrupted by a girl. "No, there's probably nothing here. I'm here to pick up survivors and take them to these little civilisations that are getting built all over. And there's a Corrupted Tyranitar coming this way so..." Zeth finally found what he was looking for. He pulled open a cellar door, and dust billowed out. "There's probably some hidden stuff in this storage cellar, and I'm planning on just waiting for that Tyranitar to just wander on past."

" Well then, we should go inside, right?" Plague said, taking off her goggles that were covered in dust from the door opening. Her eyes squinted, not used to the new light.

"Well that's what I'm doing. I might even end up waiting it out till sunlight. It's a lot nicer then. I've made a handbook of typings and changes in Zombified Pokemon and I'd advise against picking a fight with this particular Tyranitar. Good news is he scared of other zombies so it's just him for a while." Zeth started to walk down into the cellar, and pulled his handbook out of his pocket. Suddenly, the Tyranitar turned it's glowing purple eyes towards the direction of the mart, and started to march over, it's movements making no marks, almost TOO light for a Pokemon of it's size.

" oh no.." Plague said, then climbed onto Millicent. She was ready to take off and go back to their tiny hut around a small pond. " hey, you guys wanna get on?" She said shakily, fearing the tyranitar.

Brefew quickly made his way out of the warehouse he was in and climbed onto the roof. He listened closely for more voices and he was soon greeted with what he was listening for. This time however they sounded much more rushed, with a hint of fright in their voices. Deciding to investigate Brefew clambered his way down the roof and onto the streets below.

Zeth thought about it. "I've got places to be and maybe some more stuff to do before sunrise." He looked waveringly from the girl and her Noivern, to the guy with the sword, to the Tyranitar. Zeth wandered away. "If you need me, ask for Bishop. Don't let the Zombie Nincada bite."

" Alright Bishop! Call me Plague!" She said, waving her hand. Plague giggled to herself, petting Millicent. " My little baby, yes you are." she said, then looked back at the shop. Maybe there was something she could use... then saw Brefew. " Greetings Stranger!" Plague said.

Brefew looked around him, now he understood where all of the voices were coming from. A teenage boy, who was maybe a few years older than him, was walking away down the road. There was also a girl, who looked around his age, perched on top of her Noivern. The girl greeted him but Brefew simply stared back at her, sizing the girl and the Noivern up. After examing them he let out a loud grunt. It was at this point that he noticed the huge Tyranitar making it's way towards them.

" you wanna come with me? I have shelter!" Plague said. She was surprisingly optimistic and cheerful. Millicent stared down, trying to figure out something.

As he wandered away, Zeth suddenly noticed that the Tyranitar was... Watching him with it's glowing purple eyes. He waited for it to look away, but it didn't. It had seen everyone, that was the only possibility. It hunched down into a battling stance, and charged towards the scattered survivors. It gradually started to build up momentum, a stream of light started to form around him, and slamming straight into the store with Giga Impact. It would have to take some time to recharge, as it turned around towards everyone, flinging debris with it's movements.

Brefew was confused. This girl was offering him shelter when she knew nothing about him. For all she knew he was a murderer. He wasn't of course, he only killed those who deserved it. Suddenly, Brefew's train of thought was interrupted by the sound of the Tyranitar crashing into the store. Brefew cursed under his breath and drew his partner's pokéball. "Vigoroth come on out!" He yelled.

Last edited:
The Corrupted Tyranitar had grey, flaky skin, and some of it's spikes were chipped or bent. There seemed to be no flesh wounds, except from one tear in it's neck where it was easy to see that the corruption stemmed from. Must have been a pretty bad tear. It was rumoured the first corruption spread from an artificial clone of the legendary Pokemon Mew, which became infected by a modified form of pokerus. He didn't trust this however. The facts were that corrupted Pokemon could not be caught or tamed, and that they seemed to obliterate when fainted. It's glowing purple eyes started to focus in on the Noivern and the Vigoroth, ready for battle. It aimed towards the Noivern, rending a Shadow Claw towards it. Zeth caught on, and Harbinger leaped into the attack, summoning a white transparent shield with a three pronged symbol with three circles around it, catching the attack and throwing the Pokemon off balance as it struck a shimmering wall.

Seeing that Tyranitar was off balance Brefew seized the opportunity to attack. "Vigoroth use ice beam and aim for it's neck!" He commanded.
"Vigoroth! Vig vig!" A freezing beam of ice was fired at the wound on Tyranitar's neck. It hit dead on but...Tyranitar shrugged it off like it was nothing! Brefew smirked, it had been a while since he'd had a good fight.

Plague jumped off her Noivern. " Hit the skies, then use...Water pulse or Dragon claw. You choose." She said. Millicent flew up, grinning at the thought of battle. Her claw turned a purple and gray color as she thrashed a mighty claw at the beast's neck.

The Tyranitar suddenly flinched at the attack to it's neck. It turned towards Noivern and roared a colossal sound. The Zombified Pokemon stomped both feet deep into the ground as an attempt to intimidate it's three opponents.

Brefew glared at his 'teammates'. He had never been fond of working with other humans. It seemed to him that they were all either back-stabbers, or just plain stupid. But considering the circumstances, he let it slide.
"Vigoroth, use hone claws and boost your attack!" Brefew ordered. Vigoroth began scratching his claws on the ground in an attempt to sharpen them. When Vigoroth was finished he looked up at the Tyranitar to see it attempting to intimidate him. Vigoroth smirked the same psychotic smirk that his trainer had. He was going to enjoy winning this battle.
"Now use slash!"

The attack of the Vigoroth phased right through the Tyranitar's skin as it seemed to ripple in and out of existence. "A ghost typing?" Zeth remarked. Sometimes it seemed like the developments from Corruption seemed to be... Planned out. It retaliated with a Giga Impact, smashing straight across the road and into Harbinger, bringin debris with it. "And it gains type boost from that. A Normal Ghost Type. Never saw that coming." Harbinger growled at the amazement of it's trainer and landed a Night Slash across the gut of the Tyranitar on instinct. It seemed to feel the impact, despite being merged into the wall now as it attempted to phase into an ethereal form.

Millicent looked a little less brave, but she was still up to the task. Plague, on the other hand, looked horrified. "U-use w-water pulse!" Plague stuttered, scared of the ghost-normal type.

Brefew cursed loudly. Vigoroth would not fair well against ghost types. His only move that would hit them was ice beam. Although he didn't want to, Brefew returned Vigoroth. Chances are he would have no effect on the outcome of the battle. Vigoroth would take a lot more damage than he would dish out and with potions in rare supply these days, that would not do him well in the days to come. Brefew turned to the others and said "Its up to you guys now."

The monstrous Pokemon took the blast of water right to the face, as it gradually flickered in and out of existence. It turned around, preparing for another attack. Harbinger foresaw a final Giga Impact. It would land a final blow of high power, but that was what had seemed to have caused the Pokemon the most pain so far. Maybe it would think? The Absol was not sure, but prepared it's Super Luck ability just in case.

" if this gets too bad, we're out!" Plague called out to Milicent. Millicent nodded and flew up into the air, charging an attack from the sky.

After he had returned his Vigoroth, Brefew got out of harm's way and climbed to the roof of a nearby building. He looked around him and for the most part he saw nothing. When he looked behind him however, he nearly peed his pants. Just down the next street a huge hoard was making their way towards the group. And boy did they look hungry...

The Tyranitar hopped up, stabilising it's form and charging, definitely solid now, for a final blow. It barreled forward, finally landing a hit and swiping the Noivern from the sky. It continued on past it, crashing into another building, smashing the wall over his head. The entire building, already leaning, started to fall on the Pokemon. It was halfway into it as it fell, attempting to phase through it. Harbinger climbed up the building as it leaned, the Tyranitar becoming fully ethereal and the building smashing into the ground, as Harbinger jumped off it and landed a second Night Slash straight across it's right eye. The Super Luck boosted Night Slashes already high crit chance, landing a long scrape straight across the eye and knocking it back into solid form as it fell to the ground. It doubled over, looking up with a long scar across its right glowing eye. It charged away, into the distance.

Millicent twitched its wing, trying to stand up. Plague rushed over, she had a hyper potion, the bubblegum pink was instead a natural and dark green liquid. " It's okay Millicent, Momma's here." she said, leftover panic still ringing in her voice.

Seeing that the danger down below had gone, Brefew shuffled his way off of the roof and to the others. In normal circumstances, he wouldn't of told them about the incoming horde, but they had pretty much just saved his life. If they weren't there then that Tyranitar would of made mince meat out of him. Brefew approached the boy and told him "There's a horde down the next street. Get out of here now or your a goner. I'm going this way" he gestured down a certain street. "Do not follow me." And with that he ran into the distance.

Plague had overheard bits and pieces as she sprayed her beloved Millicent. " does anyone wanna come with me?" she asked. " I always have room for more people in my shelter!" Plague said, climbing onto Millicent carefully.

Zeth was currently deep in his handbook making notes. "Scar across eye, Normal/Ghost Typing, Ability: Scrappy. Fascinating. It's designed to be an alpha among all corrupted Pokemon. Except from the huge dark weakness of course." He looked up from his book. "I guess I'll come with." He said. "I have got other places to be but I think enough has happened today."

Brefew however, was already too far away to hear Plague, but even if he had heard her he would of declined. 'I've got to check if he's still alive' Brefew thought to himself as he ran down the alleys.

" alright! just hop on!" Plague said. Milicent shook her head out of boredom, shaking a collar that said “belongs to Candy's Plague.“

Zeth jumped onto the Noivern, and started to study his handbook again.
He had a curious fascination with the transformation Pokemon went through. Of course, many survivors weren't too helpful with this, so he found himself running odd errands and helping people in exchange for information.

After running down many streets and alleys, Brefew found himself standing in front of a huge sky scraper. 'The office block still looks like it's in good condition' he thought to himself 'maybe he's still here'. Brefew cautiously walked up to the glass doors of the building which were, of course, locked.
"Vigoroth come on out and use brick break" he said calmly.
Vigoroth grunted and smashed the doors in, a little louder than Brefew was hoping for. A few lazy moans were heard from behind the two as they walked into the building, trying to avoid stepping on the broken glass. "We'd better make this a quick trip Vigoroth. We wouldn't want to be stuck in here with a hoard now would we?" Brefew said as they advanced into the tower.

Last edited:
" alright Millicent, let's go back home!" Plague said, and Millicent took to the skies. Plague thought about a conversation topic. " so, whatcha got in that book?" Plague asked.

Zeth flicked through the pages. "Well actually it's filled with data on all of the Corrupted Pokemon. I'm still not sure on why they exist." He looked down towards the distant ground as they flew over. He never really had got a grasp of heights.