• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Possible Harry Potter RP

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
So I've been in the mood to do something Harry Potter related for a while but wasn't sure whether to post a thread, so figured I'd post this first.
Basically just creating this thread to see what interest there is as well as when the rp will take place.
I would prefer to set up a roleplay in the modern age but whether that's before HPs time at hogwarts or during it or even after or perhaps even an au with no Harry, whatever people would prefer.
So essentially just seeing how many people would be interested and any ideas people might have.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Ooo! I'm a Harry Potter fan. A modern Harry Potter RP would be interesting. Do you have a story in mind? I've noticed Harry Potter stuff does well when there is an element of mystery to it.

If you need ideas, maybe I can help.
Currently I hadn't put too much thought into an exact story, it would depend on the when we set it cause it could just be a rp from the perspective of side characters with the normal story or completely new story, as I said depending on date and whether it is au or not would define what kind of story we go with.

Currently I hadn't put too much thought into an exact story, it would depend on the when we set it cause it could just be a rp from the perspective of side characters with the normal story or completely new story, as I said depending on date and whether it is au or not would define what kind of story we go with.
Okay. Well, I was in an RP once where we played in an alternate HP timeline where Voldemort defeated Harry Potter and the Death Eaters took over Hogwarts. It didn't last long, but it was fun while it lasted.

If we do before or after the Harry Potter book events we could create our own antagonists or our own mystery to solve. I know they're not allowed at Hogwarts, but I've always wanted to see more Muggles interacting with the magical world. I liked Jacob in the first Fantastic Beast movie before everything got too weird. If you think about it, how are Wizards in the modern day able to keep magic a secret with so many Half Bloods and Half Blood families running around?

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
A possible idea is that we set the story in 2023, which is 25 years after the defeat of voldemort which happened in 1998 I believe. The epilogue of the final book is set in 2017 so 2023 could even be a world where muggles are aware of the existence of magic and magical creatures, allowing muggle characters to be used. There could also be muggle students who study magic with out being able to use it.

A possible idea is that we set the story in 2023, which is 25 years after the defeat of voldemort which happened in 1998 I believe. The epilogue of the final book is set in 2017 so 2023 could even be a world where muggles are aware of the existence of magic and magical creatures, allowing muggle characters to be used. There could also be muggle students who study magic with out being able to use it.
Hmm. It could work. I don't think we will be able to have muggles at Hogwarts, since there are rules about that, but I like the idea of allowing muggle characters.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Ok so I might create and post an actual discussion thread with the plot and what not to see if that can grab more interest. So it will be modern day, muggles are almost completely aware of the existence of magic, its been around 25 years since voldemort was defeated and muggles are now allowed in hogsmeade.
So just need to figure out an antagonist as well as a list of teachers and important figures. Going off the books I can fill in a few slots;
At Hogwarts
Headmaster - Professor McGonagall
Defense Against the Dark Arts -
Herbology - Professor Longbottom
Charms -
Transfiguration -
Divination -
Flying -
Care of Magical Creatures - Rubeus Hagrid
Potions -

Head of Gryffindor - Neville Longbottom
Head of Slytherin -
Head of Hufflepuff -
Head of Ravenclaw -

The fate of some important characters;
Hermione Granger - Minister of Magic
Harry Potter - Head Auror, Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement
Ron Weasley - Ex-Auror, Works at Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes with George Weasley
Ginny Potter - Ex-Professional Quidditch Player, Sports Editor
Neville Longbottom - Ex-Auror, Herbology professor, Head of Gryffindor House

Ideas are much appreciated
So a couple of ideas...

Anti-muggle/Death Eater Resurgence: Pretty self-explanatory, a group of wizards doesn't want non-magical people involved in wizard politics and plots to wipe the memories of all Muggles permanently, or failing that, wipe away the Muggles themselves. Obviously, Lord Voldemort wouldn't be here, but perhaps some of his followers are, or at least people who believe in philosophy are present.

The Ministry: With the age of Voldemort at the end, Magic and Nonmagical communities are starting to merge together. However, not everyone is pleased with the change. Members of the Ministry of magic refuse to let Muggles take part in their politics. Meanwhile, Muggle politicians fear the threat posed by magic and wizardry. Is a war between Muggles and Wizards eminent?

Ancient Curse: Similar to the style of the Hogwarts Mystery and Hogwarts Legacy video games, Hogwarts students will uncover an ancient curse in the castle or around Hogsmeade. Together they must work to put a stop to it before everyone at the school falls victim. But who are "those without" referred to in the ancient riddle? Perhaps, they will need to rely on Muggles to break the final curse.

You could always combine one or more of these idea, or use neither. These were just the ones I had. And yes, I did start writing a Harry Potter style riddle for option 3, inspired by JK Rowling's work.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
I'm stumped for the rest of the teachers got any suggestions, I might make up some OC teachers
Headmaster - Professor McGonagall
Defense Against the Dark Arts - Mr. Potter (with substitute when he is on auror duties)
Herbology - Professor Longbottom
Charms - Professor Flitwick
Transfiguration -
Divination - Professor Trelawney & Professor Firenze
Flying - Madam Hooch
Care of Magical Creatures - Rubeus Hagrid
Potions -

Head of Gryffindor - Professor Longbottom
Head of Slytherin -
Head of Hufflepuff -
Head of Ravenclaw - Professor Flitwick

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Oh my god, got tied up with stuff and completely forgot I had started this, I'll try and get a proper discussion thread up ASAP, any recommendations on a rp name.
Edit: Discussion thread up;

Last edited: