• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Raven's Flight

Well! Hello there again, everyone. Fixefox and myself are going through severe RP withdrawal, so we figured we'd start a new one. We drug Sami into it, as well (Though she is no help what so evar!!! >=O! ).

[size=15pt]This RP is by INVITE ONLY[/size]. Do. Not. Post. If you have not got the go ahead. If you'd like to join, PM me or FireFox or Sami about it. We'll discuss and decide on it. ^^

People in this RP
=-=-=-=
  -FireFox
  -MoonStruckDragonLass
  -Sami
  -Sem

First person to explain to me all the references in the city and place names, via PM, gets shiney art drawn by me. ^^

NOW! To the meat of it. . .

It was a clear, sunny day, as the ferry pulled into the port of Oironbur on Metallia island. Gwendolyn watched the other passengers file off before following her mother off. The short ramp led to a dock. Salt smell premiated the air, and a cool breeze floated cheerfully over the landscape. Winguls squacked as they drifted casually overhead. As Gwendolyn's mother discussed locations with a man in a uniform, Gwendolyn pulled up a map on her pokégear.

They were new to the island of Metallia, a little known and sparsely populated island. Despite its lack of fame, however, Metallia was huge, almost as big as some of the continents. Gwendolyn considered the map.

In the Western portion of the island, there were 3 cities along the coast, Forgetown, Oironbur, that's where they were now, and Copperna. Forgetown was the southernmost and set inland, so it didn't have a port. It was also the smallest. Both Copperna and Oironbur had ports, but Copperna was a good deal larger then Oironbur and also had an airport. It was also the northern-most of the three. Gwendolyn and her mother were moving to Forgetown, so it was more convienient for them to come into port in Oironbur.

Set inland on the island were the larger cities of Magnasia, Gold Town, and Silvas City. They were all larger cities, and nobel in nature.

The final cities were far to the east, and they were a mixed bag. To the far NorthEast, there was the city of AquaRegia, The largest city on the island, and rumoured to be one of the most beautiful cities ever built, shining in every hue of metal, buildings stretching to the sky, and glorious glittering fountains on every corner. Then there was the modest town of Ctridiumild, nearly unpronouncable but quiet. And finally, to the south, Oreville, a small and shoddy mining town, famous only for its slums. All three cities were port cities.

The large island was surrounded by a nearly infinite amount of smaller islands, some large enough to sport towns of their own. Noticable towns, said the pokégear, were Lamao and Ohmgei, also, Roftel and Wutuf. The names very foreign and tropical, and Gwendolyn enjoyed trying to pronounce them. She longed to visit all of the different islands, to see what they had to offer. Each one would have different pokémon. The diversity of Metallia was almost unbelievable, supporting over 380 pokémon, and most of the island was still unexplored. Marked on her map were a series of caves known as the Osmiume Orifice, what seemed to be a volcano surrounded by a barren area of ash and lava field, a small lake, and several river systems. Three forests, two abandoned mines and endless expanse of grasslands completed the habitat. Gwendolyn looked up from the map. Her mother was still talking.

Oironbur was a quiet, rustic city. It had a very soft feel to it, and everything was a faded orange colour. The metal there was rusted and eaten out quickly, due to the proximity of the sea, but the people were happy. They walked in the street with their pokémon by their side, or hurried by on errands. Gwendolyn watched the pokémon enviously. She had agreed to move here with her mother on the condition that she get her own pokémon, and become a trainer. She was 14 now, much older then the 10 trainers usually started out at. But she had heard of trainers who had started off later and still become famous.

Gwendolyn turned to look out at the sea. It glittered, reflected in her clear blue eyes. The wind sent her thick, dark brown hair flying every direction. Gwendolyn turned away in disgust. Her mother was done, and turned to her.

"Ready to go? I have instructions on how to get there, now."

The pleasent looking man in the dark blue uniform her mother had been talking to smiled at her. He had small round glasses and a mushtasche, and a kind face.

"I hear you're going to be a pokemon trainer," he said. "The routes from here to there should be clear of tall grasses. We do our best to keep them clear, though each town is responsible for their own paths, and some are less responsible then some. Out past Gold Town, some routes are never touched. Metallia is a good place to start out as a trainer. You'll like it here. We've got gyms, and every pokémon you could imagine. Once you tackle the gyms, AquaRegia has some of the worlds best trainers, a colosseum, a battle tower, everything. It's the most modern city in the world, a trainer's paradise. You'll like it here."

Gwendolyn and her mother set off, but Gwendolyn's mind wasn't on their new home in Forgetown, it was on the lonely routes past Gold Town, long and swarming with pokémon, never visited by other human beings, quieter then the grave, where she would make a name for herself, camp under the stars with her pokémon, and be free. And so her journey began.

Hope I've given you enough to work with! I'll draw up the map for you guys right now. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
[OOC - Sorry it took me awhile; I ended up watching my younger brother for awhile today. It was evil. ;_;]

BIC-

A set of stunning eyes, opaque, indigo-blue in color, flicked dismissively towards the plane's window before settling back down to the thin, colorful leaflet braced in their owner's hands. Vaguely, in the incommodious way that peripheral vision tends to operate, they sensed the person seated next to them shifting in his sleep. Ignoring the movement, the crystalline pools of blue whisked across the small, carefully printed manuscript as if they had never left the brochure in the first place.

The ocean was swelling in the plane's small, thick-paned windows as they drew closer to the blotched green isle that was their destination; they weren't due at the port city of Copperna for another five minutes, however, and Cornelius Raven had completed and consequentially discarded three thick, leather-bound books throughout the first short half of his flight. After leafing through the not-so-broad assortment of magazines stashed haggardly in the pocket on the back of the seat in front of him and deeming them pointless reads, Raven settled somewhat discontentedly for rereading over the same brochure he had seen at various intervals while plotting this occasion. The colorful and undoubtedly deceitful foldout listed the most important reasons for visiting Metallia Island, complete with clichéd photographs to coordinate with the overzealous descriptions.

With a single, abrupt shift of his fingers, Cornelius flipped the leaflet over, allowing his calculating eyes to travel curiously over the map imprinted on the cheap paper. Simple and undetailed, the diagram identified merely the most necessary of landmarks - cities, mountain ranges, important rivers, and a few caves.

The young trainer-to-be let out a heartfelt sigh, and bent down, grabbing an unceremonious hold of his new black knapsack in one hand and tucking the sectioned leaflet back in its pocket, between two magazines likely directed towards Coordinators, with the other. Sitting back up in his cushioned first-class seat with unusual posture for his generation, the black- and white-haired teenager situated the bag in his lap for when the plane began to depart. As if on cue:

" I'd like to thank you ladies and gentlemen for flying Hoenn Continental Airlines, we'll be landing in just a minute. So, if you would, please make sure all electronic devices are off, your food trays in their upright, locked positions, and that you are safely in your seatbelt. Our time of arrival is 12:26 P.M, according to Metallia and its surrounding islands. Once again, thank you, and I hope you enjoyed your flight."

As the man next to him started out of his heavy slumber for the first time since they had boarded from Rustboro Airport, Raven idled, fiddling with the shiny metallic surface of one of his new Pokéballs. The device was light and felt like a toy in his pale hands, and the fact that a living, breathing creature could be transformed so simply into data to be stored within it...well, Cornelius would see that for himself soon enough.

The landing went as smoothly as could be expected, jostling the travelers barely enough to confirm that the plane was no longer in the skies. The white, hot pavement rolled by steadily, slowing as the airplane decreased its speed and rumbled into its gate.

What a queer name for it, too. Cornelius realized. If you don't travel at all, then a "Gate" would seem appropriate, as it'll be as if you stepped through a gateway to a different place. But otherwise, the term is just as plain as the next word.

Sighing a bit less acroamatically this time, Raven shrugged into his backpack. He readjusted the beret covering the more eerie coloring of his hair, and stood. His legs eagerly accepted the stretch while he shuffled slowly...so slowly...into the isle. With no considerable feelings of excitement, the blue-eyed boy stepped out of the large airplane and into the perceptibly larger airport, jacket swishing as the crowd departing flowed around him.

The airport, from what he could ascertain immediately, was a distinct few notches up from Rustboro's. Not based on efficiency - Rustboro was influential enough economically to ensure it had the best of everything - but by the easygoing expressions shared by a spattering of on-goers. The multitudinous, overwhelming sound of interwoven voices roared over the clicking of heels on the cleanly tiled floor, nothing but nugatory background music in Cornelius's ears. The small boy strode towards the front of the airport in a positively surefooted way, which was perhaps why a gentle, motherly hand on his shoulder quickly drew out his temper.

A uniformed lady, complete with her nondescript auburn hair brushed into a neat bun, smiled down on him with perfectly white teeth.

"Hello young man - do you know where someone is waiting to pick you up? Maybe I can help you..." her pleasant, motherly voice faltered at the piercing hue of violet in the scrawny, small boy's eyes.

"I'm quite competent without assistance, thank you." Raven replied dryly, continuing along his way without pause for another response from the woman.

Cornelius narrowed his eyes coldly as he navigated through the achingly long halls of the Island airport, destroying the idea that he was a cute, lost little boy as if he'd run it through with a cleaver. His grip tightened on the minimized red-and-white sphere clenched within his left fist, and the forming possibility that he grab some sort of lunch before escaping to the actual city of Copperna itself was crushed beneath his mental boot heel. The day was clear, sunny, and beckoned away from the rest of humanity that he found so puzzling...and irksome.

[OOC - A map o' the Islands would be goodly, as well as where o' where the Professor ish, MSDL. xD]

((OoC - Sorry it took me forevah, my profile keeps dying. T^T So fook it, posting anyways.))

BIC -

Pink hair swayed ever-so-slightly with a breeze as a young girl hung over the railing of a boat, which jostled with each wave. A face once so bright with life was now as pale as a sheet of paper. "I...should've flown in." The young voice of the newfound adolescant muttered before she lurched forward, she was the only one aboard the small ship that had become sea-sick. Of course, she had left from Snowpoint City, so the crew was quite used to the sea. "There there, cheer up!" The captain, who was a boisterous man as he walked up beside the young Joy. From the right.

With a flinch and a small sound of nearly sheer terror, the girl jumped aside and turned to face the man. "What's wrong?" He asked as the girl held a gloved hand to her heart. "Please don't sneak up on me like that." The voice of Liz ran out as the Captain tilted his head. "Sneak up? I came from the...oh! I'm sorry, miss. I didn't realize...eh..." The air turned awkward as the wind blew the the bangs from the girls face. The left blue orb was looking to the man with a questionable eye, however the right, was glazed over, a light hazed blue in color. "You can stop staring now, thank you." The girl piped up as the man was undoubtly staring at her right eye, of which she could not see out of.

"Oh? OH! Sorry, sorry!" The Captain gave a booming laugh as he looked out to the sea, the land of Metallia quite close. "Well, we'll be docking in about 10 minutes, I just came out to tell you." He rubbed the back of his neck with a sheepish grin as the Joy took a step back and gave a small bow. "Then I thank you, Captain. Anything else?" She looked up with both eyes, though one did not work. "Uh...naw, nothing...er...well..." The Captain's eyes veered away as the girl tilted her head. "Yes?" Elizabeth asked as he looked back to her. "Have I...met you somewhere? Or maybe you had a sister, but that hair..." The Captain started before he was cut off. "Nope, never seen you. Must be mistaking me for someone." The Captain gave a nod before walking back to his post with a wave. "Could'a sworn I've seen her before..." He muttered to himself as the young Joy turned her back to the man.

'Even with my hair cut short, people still mistake me for my sisters! What does a Joy have to do to blend in around here?!' Elizabeth thought with a twinge of anger as her eyebrow gave a flick-twitch out of annoyance. Her referance, of course, were to the two spiky 'poofs' for pigtails this Joy had, rather than the traditional looped pigtails all her sisters seemed to think is still in style. Her stomach gave a growl as the boat shifted again, the girl suddenly losing color in her face again as she ran for the side of the boat...again.

"Attention all passengers, we have arrived in the Port of Oironbur, please gather your belongs and exit off the ramp, I repeat..."

The lovely voice of a lady unseen rang throughout the ship as passengers started to flood off of the boat, mostly the elderly and couple looking for vacation or a honeymoon. Having gone back to her room, she gather her belongings, which were a rather large red backpack and a glass cylinder, containing a Pokemon Egg. The egg was pink in color, a white strip rounding the entirety of the middle, and a red circle at the very top. There was also much padding in the cylinder, more than the usually trainer would have in it. With the cylinder tight in her arms, and the abnormally large pack on her backside, the girl exited the door of her room only to be flushed away with the flow of people leaving the ship.

Wow, these people sure were pushy. Very...whoop, someone just stepped on poor Liz's toes.

"A-hey!" Liz tried to go at her own pace, but it seemed this boatload were ready to get offa' this ship! Just when the poor Joy thought she was in the clear, just about she was to step off of the ramp, she was sideswiped. From...the right. Unable to see it coming, the Joy went tumbling, her arms about to shoot forward for support, but the rememberance of the egg withing the cylinder prevented her from attempting to break her fall, lifting her arms rather than bringing them down, she landed with a 'thud' against the ground, elbows propped up as the cylinder remained in her hands, unharmed. A face of pure annoyance crossed over Liz's face before she siddled up to a sitting position, pressing her face against the glass of the container which was supposedly protecting her first Pokemon. Nose squished against the hard substance, she moved the cylinder 380 degrees to make sure her unborn friend was unharmed. As she sat there, many passengers going by shot her odd looks, mainly attracted to the soft color of pink hair.

What a way to start her first real adventure. First a scare equivalent to a heart attack, then a face-plant - Welcome to Metallia Island.

OCC!

Actually, more like an ORPC. . .

You guys completely put me to shame with your first posts. I'm going to re-build and re-group, coming up with a completely different character.

Until then, please enjoy this tastey offering and my apologies. Additionally, I'm coming up with 2 more maps, a labeled one and an Uuber detailed one.

For now, I give you Metallia installment 1: Teh Basic pokemon in-game map

simpMetalliaMapcopy.jpg

Metallia Installment 2: Teh labelled map

MetalliaMap02copy.jpg

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
James sighed as he leaned back in his seat. It had been a long day indeed for him. He had found a brochure for the region of Metallia in his parent's PokéMart in Pacifidlog. He boarded a small plane from Pacifidlog that connected to Rustboro, and then went to the Metallia region from there. The city of Copperna was their destination.

It was mostly just an exploration thing for Sem. He loved to travel and explore, even if it was by his all lonesome self. He looked out the window, being fortunate enough to get a seat by the window, but one on the isle would be fine as well, as long as it wasn't in-between, that make him feel all claustrophobic. Ironic how he loved to be with other people but how being in a crowd made him gag.

James was a weird creature indeed. He kept to himself mostly, but would openly speak to others if spoken too first. Just a few insecurities he has, next to nothing self-confidence as well. He also dealt with his pessimistic attitude on a regular basis. In battle though? Oh in battle he was transformed. All his tactics came to mind, all the strategies and battling knowledge. He was no weakling in the arena, and was well seasoned, though James himself would refuse to say so. Yeah, he was a weird kid.

He was currently listening to some music, his dOPI brand MP3 player, from Oran Computers, lay flat on his tray table along with one of those annoyingly small plastic cups planes provide for drinks, it was half-full of water.

The in-flight movie playing was The Honchfather, from what James could see. But he was uninterested in it, deciding to stare out the window instead. He looked down for a bit, changing the song on the player, some of his black hair fell over his eyes. He wiped it away and half-growled, drawing attention from the passenger next to him, a stuffy businessman. The battery on the player was low, and the screen bleeped. James began to mumble to himself, further annoying his neighbor.

"Well there's another thing to go wrong today, good job, James! Curses, first the laptop, then the game, and now this? Just kill me now..." James grumbled as he fidgeted with the zipper on his dark blue shoulder pack, putting the MP3 player away. He sighed again as he leaned back and took a sip of water, noticing that they were getting closer to a landmass.

"I'd like to thank you ladies and gentlemen for flying Hoenn Continental Airlines, we'll be landing in just a minute. So, if you would, please make sure all electronic devices are off, your food trays in their upright, locked positions, and that you are safely in your seatbelt. Our time of arrival is 12:26 P.M, according to Metallia and its surrounding islands. Once again, thank you, and I hope you enjoyed your flight."

James did as was instructed, making sure the tray was up and his seat belt on, then continued looking out the window. The plane soon landed, smoothly and flawlessly he might add, in Copperna. It took a while to actually get up to the gate, but as soon as the plane had, everyone was getting up. The teen waited a bit for the plane to clear out before finally getting up and walking cautiously down the isle, careful not to hit any other people who also waited.

The trainer was rather short for his age, 5 feet tall, and he showed no signs of growing taller. He was 16, and puberty had just about finished for him. But James had no problem with his height; the less he was noticed the better. His frame was about normal as well, not overweight but not overly thin.

James was wearing a simple and plain, blue-grey t-shirt. As well as dark grey cargo pants and black athletic shoes. A belt of six Pokéballs hung loosely around his waist, covered mostly by his shirt. His navy blue shoulder bag was slung across his shoulder. A smaller feature were the three rubber bands on his left wrist, one Blue, one Purple, one Black. He had colored them himself. His skin was nice and tan, natural-looking though. His eyes were grey-ish and empty looking. His right eye was blind, however, and was a bit paler than the other eye. This caused James to constantly run into things, mostly people. It was quite embarrassing.

James walked past the flight attendants without a word, just a small nod they probably didn't even notice. As he walked through the ramp towards the gate he pulled out a Pokéball from his belt, he pressed the small button and the ball opened and released a Sableye. The creature quickly climbed up onto his trainer's right shoulder, being able to see where James could not.

"Sorry it was such a long flight, Sableye." James said as he passed through the gate and into the airport. James talked to his Pokémon much more than other people, he was just more comfortable with talking to friends that were always near him.

The trainer and his Pokémon walked down the long hallways along with all the other passengers, looking to get to the main part of the airport. They got some lunch at one of the available fast food outlets. Sitting down at a table the two planned their next move, using a map of the region James had pulled up on his laptop. Each region usually always had a main city or town that people stopped by on their first time at the region. Metallia's seemed to be the town named Forgetown, in the southwest area of island.

Both beings agreed that that would be the best thing to do, but as to getting there? A vehicle would be an option, perhaps a bus… ew, a bus. James would pass on the bus. It'd be too much for a taxi. It'd be too much for a train ticket as well, James wasn't made of money sadly. The only other option was flying, not on plane, but a Pokémon.

The current time was 1pm, if they traveled for the next four to five hours they could make it to Oirunbur, and check into a Pokémon Center for the night, and then continue tomorrow for the rest of the trip. And that would be the plan!

James quickly finished eating and packed away his laptop before heading out of the airport. The best place to take off would be from the top of the parking garage. Getting there took about ten minutes, what with crowds of people and cars.

James stepped out onto the top floor, being met by a sunny day and blue skies. Not one of his preferred weather conditions, but he would make do. He took his Pokétch off the strap of his shoulder bag and used its compass function to find south, he found it, and was glad to see the winds happened to be blowing that direction, that would certainly help speed things up.

The trainer pulled out a hoodie sweater from his bag and put it on, zipping up the zipper. He firmly secured his bag onto him self and made sure all the zippers were closed, so nothing would fall out. He then pulled out a Pokéball and returned Sableye. "Sorry, buddy." James said. "But you're safer in there." He latched the ball onto his belt again before grabbing another and tossing it onto the ground, first making sure the immediate area was free of cars though.

The ball cracked open as a dazzling white light took form on the ground before fading away; leaving a beast that was a good deal larger than James. It resembled a dinosaur, a sauropod to be exact. Brown scales covered its body, and it had two green plates, one on its head which stood atop a long neck, and another at base of the neck and the shoulders. The plate went around and covered its front as well. Enormous leaves grew out from its back, serving as wings, and powerful ones at that. They would be able keep both organisms in the air for the hours necessary.

The creature gave a soft hum as it stretched. James walked up to its side and patted its neck. "You ready for some flying, Tropius?" he asked.

Tropius proudly raised its head and shifted its weight from side to side. "We'll be heading South, which is that way." He said, pointing in the right direction. James climbed onto Tropius' back, being sure to get comfortable before giving the dual Grass and Flying-type the ok to take off.

As soon as his trainer was ready he broke into a run, towards the side of the building. They leapt off the edge and began falling for a mere second before Tropius' powerful wings lifted stopped their descent. They were flying South now as planned, flying towards their next destination, and a new adventure.

Okay, Pretend that first post never happened. In fact, what first post? This is my first post. >>

Spincut has requested to join the RP, He's posting in Sem's RP, give it a look over and we can decide if he's worthy. ^^ Yes Sem, you get to help decide as well, as you are part of the RP now. *huggles Spincut*

I luff you all. Are the maps allright? We have a labeled one now. . . Hopefully it looks okay on your compies (looks like shite on mine but my graphics card is teh fail).

My character is named Joesphine Uele Peunpi'l, but goes by Uele. (It's pronounced You-el-ley, but the el-ley part is in one syllable. So it isn't You-elle, it's You-el-ley) She's "Hawai'ian". ^^ Not that it matters. . . I'll draw pictures, now that the scanner is working again. ^^

Yay I liekz l0ng OCC commentz, OMGEEWTFBBQ lolz0rz. :B

The wind blew in fitful gusts over the ridge. The landscape on the lee-ward side of the hill was craggy and barren. The way down was rocky and dusty. Uele grinned, casually leaning on her bike. From on top of the large hill, one could see a large portion of Metallia.

Uele couldn't see Magnasia. It was on the other side of the incline, hidden from view. She had ridden to the top of this hill before, for the view, but never down the other side. The hill sloped gradually down until hitting a forest. Uele imagined it kept sloping gently, but couldn't see a thing past the darkness that congregated right below the treeline. The slope would be awesome to ride down, it was coming back up she didn't facy. She didn't like powering up hills. Thankfully, she wouldn't need to, this time.

Uele shifted her gaze more south-ward. She could see route 401 glittering. Forgetown was there, on the other side of the forest. She could see where the forest ended and the plains that lay softly over most of Metallia began. The wind gusted again, and it looked like some giant creature was running through the forest and onto the fields. She invisioned a giant Arcanine running down there, leaping and flying with a growl-bark. . . Then she invisioned the actual pokemon, seeing in her mind's eye the sleepy caterpie and wurmple that lived enmasse under the trees, the buzzing of Nincada and a flash as a Rattatta scampered by. . . The wind gusted more heavily, and the young girl was almost blown over, catching herself and her bike. Her hair fluttered wildly and she put a hand on it, catching the deep purple and electric blue locks and holding them, while fishing a red ribbon out of her pocket with her other hand. She smiled as she tied her hair back. It was naturally the deep black-purple that she kept in the front, but the rest she had dyed a quite unnatural blue. She had seen it on TV, one of the singers in her favourite band had hers dyed pale blue and shocking orange, and her mother had expressly forbid her from doing any such thing. Of course, Uele had done it almost striaght away. She wondered if she would have done it had her mother not said anything. That was just before they had moved to Metallia. . . She was glad they had come here. It was good to get a fresh start.

Uele smiled, bringing her hand to her eyes, gazing to the west now. The horizon vanished into the sea. She squinted. To the north, over a dip in the hill, she could see the vague glitter of Silvas City. She had ridden down Route 420, but it was poorly maintained (as was most of Metallia, that was the only bad thing about it), and she was forced to stop at the places where grass grew over the road. She didn't have a pokémon, so she had no way of defending herself in case a wild one attacked.

Well, but hopefully that would all change soon. Her mother had gotten a letter from a Professor Sequoia that had recently moved here. Now that the region was up and mosty operational, and she herself was settled, she was extending an offer to all of the prospective trainers in the region. Metallia was to be just as prestigious as the other regions, and for that, it needed trainers. It needed trainers, pokemon researchers, it need scientists and artisans and gym leaders, bakers and construction workers, it needed people. There had been great incentive for immigrants to Metallia, and when her mother had seen the offer, she had jumped on it. High salary, a brand new home in any city they wanted for free, a clean new region and a brand new start. She needed it. Uele, not so much, but she didn't mind the move.

She didn't mind the move in the least. She laughed. All this new land to ride over, a new pokémon companion, her cares and troubles left behind. She hoped Metallia was always this free and blank, as she straightened her shockingly loud sundress, blazing with giant flowers in yellows and oranges and reds. Her dark skin blazed almost copper in the bright sunlight. She checked the straps holding her pack to her bike, then planned out the descent to ForgeTown, where the Professor lived. She'd skirt outside the forest and then take the short grass fast, so she shouldn't run into any pokémon. . . A moment later, she was flying down the slope not unlike a giant invisible Arcanine herself, laughing as a bump dislodged gravel and a startled Geodude and the wind tore at the ribbon in her hair.

Perhaps I should have met the professor in this one? ^^; I guess I'll leave that to FireFox or. . .someone. . . unless you think I'll get there first?

Cornelius's large blue eyes ticked from side to side, wordlessly sweeping across the crisp off-white paper of his new novel. The thick hardback was settled in one hand with a balance that came with practice, it's pages held open with the boy's thumb and pinky-finger of his left hand. The other was curled into a loose fist, elbow lodged against the large, segmented window, and propped against his cheek. Countryside flickered past in his peripheral vision in a vague blur of greens, yellows, and blues, inducing the unpleasant nausea that accompanied motion sickness. The trainer-to-be ignored this, unfurling his free hand for the moment it took to pinch the tip of the page between his fingers and turn it. Then his hand returned, until the next two pages had been read.

Despite his temporary rapt interest in the heavy tome, Cornelius's patience had worn thin, and was a brittle as an icicle dangling feebly from the roof of a house, ready to snap with a single nudge. Between glancing at scenery, which grew monotonous and uninteresting within minutes, reading books (so far two more had joined his pile of finished ones), and observing his fellow passengers with a dry, skeptical stare, he had discovered that he really should've bought a Pokémon in Rustboro. He had journeyed to the islands to avoid the unwonted fame that accompanied his surname, but that didn't mean he couldn't have found a Pokémon vendor at the marketplace before boarding his plane.

Too late for such regretful thoughts now; here he was, crammed inside a humid, stuffy bus as it rumbled along the road to Forge Town. Every so often it would pull to one side, relinquishing passengers in exchange for new ones, then screech back to life, and head for the never-ending stretch of grey, concrete highway. The seats were made of sticky hot leather, and were a no-color hue of grey. Various rips and tears riddled their surfaces, alongside an amusing variety of graffiti. The windows were fogged over with slaughtered insects, accumulated dirt, and a thick coat of dust that actually bemused Cornelius.

His backpack trembled lightly in the seat beside him, twitching with each bump in the road, and it required a complimentary nudge every hour or so to avoid dropping heavily to the bus floor. He had not, however, opted to set it in the floor despite this. For one, the bus's floor displayed a disconcerting amount of garbage, half-eaten food, and chewed gum. Completely understanding the bus's reason for it's incommodious appearance, Cornelius had simply shrugged off the black knapsack and tossed it onto the free space next to him; this way, no irksome characters could make the troubling decision to sit beside him.

Cornelius turned the page of his book.

The current novel dictated the adventurous life of a young Pokémon trainer, with unusually detailed scenes that drew him in; the way the author depicted Pokémon sent a chill up his spine, at the same time increasing his desire to obtain his own companion. He felt a margin of pride that he had not bought a Pokémon prior to his arrival. He could savor the feeling of owning a Pokémon at the same time that he watched himself become registered as an official trainer. Double the satisfaction.

As the grumbling bus jolted suddenly, sending the boy's beret and backpack flying to the floor, Cornelius shook himself from his unwonted reverie. With a dexterous movement, he swiped the brown head-ware from the bus's unclean metal floor, placing it firmly back on his head before bending over to tug his backpack back into the seat beside him.

The next second the bus lurched again, and in his frantic need to keep his hat covering his mottled white and black hair he pressed one hand to his crown and flung the other out to block his pack from sliding. Consequentially, his face knocked painfully into the back of the dingy bus seat in front of him, sending a painful jolt up his nose, and causing tears to spring unwillingly in his eyes. His novel was clenched wildly in the same hand shielding his backpack at least, so there was no need to fetch it when the bus stopped.

The young heir straightened up, grimacing mildly as he retracted his arms and gingerly felt his nose. It smarted, but otherwise seemed fine. Damned bus.

With a hefty sigh, Cornelius returned his eyes to his book, easily recalling which page he had hesitated on when his mind had started to wander. He readjusted his beret, snaked his left arm through the single strap of his backpack, and tilted his head down to read once more.

--

He was reabsorbed in the novel again, deep into the described trainer's third gym battle, when the bus crawled to a halt, hissing in exhaust. Without a pause to mark the current page number, Cornelius snapped the hardback shut and shoved it unceremoniously into his backpack. When it was finished he'd pass it off to a bookstore somewhere, but until then it was with him for the ride. He slowly stood up, inwardly scowling at the aches in his underused legs, and shouldered his backpack, ducking under the strap. Perplexed at the near-empty quality of the creaky bus, he strode down the aisle and lightly leaped over the set of three stairs.

His boots ground against the gravel underfoot, while he looked slowly around. The next goal was to find the town's Professor, or more specifically, her lab. Uninterested in rummaging in his knapsack for a map of the the town, Cornelius took a careful step forwards, as if the place was only a fragile dream that would shatter with any pressure. With his uneasy, unguarded expression, it was understandable that he flushed at the sound of two girls, each dressed appropriately for the humid weather, giggled as they passed by, offering him peculiar looks.

He stared balefully at them until they were out of sight. What had he done that was so funny, exactly?

Dismissing it from his mind without another thought, Cornelius headed up the first dirt road he saw, captivating blue eyes wide and curious and brilliant in the warm sunlight.

[[OOC - Ah...poor, ignorant Cornelius. -pats him-]]

Standing in front of the Oirionbur PokeCenter, the young Joy puffed a sigh as she stepped forward, the door opening with a mechanical hiss. "LIZ!" A bright voice shrilled. Shoes hit the ground in a hustled manner as Elizabeth was hugged, tightly, she might add. "I haven't seen you in YEARS!" The Nurse Joy of Oirionbur smiled as she let go, leaving the girl to fumble around and try to recooperate after the slight ambush greeting. "Oh, not bad...hey, can I ask a favor?" Liz looked up as the older Joy tilted her head.

"Sure sure, whatcha' need?" The older Joy led the younger as they walked alongside one another, Liz clutching the container which held her first Poke'mon snuggly in her arms. "How do I get to Forgetown from here?" Elizabeth gave a flinch at the shrill of surprise, happy surprise, but a shrill never the less. "OH LIZ! I didn't know you were here to start a journey! Selfish me, and I thought you were here to visit!" Nurse Joy gave a flick of her ringed pigtails as she leaned against the counter of her PokeCenter. "Hmm...well, walking would take much to long. I know just the thing! Gimmeh a minute, okay?" She skittered off to the phones, making a phone call. A greeting, some laughter, then the favor, and voila, Liz had a ride. "Okay, Liz, Officer Jenny will be here to pick you up, she's gonna take you to Forgetown, okay?"

Nodding, the two Joy's sat down and had a merry little chat until Jenny arrived. Introductions took place, and then Elizabeth Joy was on her way to Forgetown, sitting in the caddie seat attached to what seemed to be the stander Jenny motorcycle. The Officer tried to make light conversation along the way. "So, do you know what Pokemon your egg is going to hatch into?" Her eyes veered off the road to peek at the pink egg the rather pink herself girl was holding.

"Oh yes, I already know. It's something nearly every Joy has. Care to guess?" Liz looked up momentarily before staring back at her Egg.

"Oh! It's gonna be a Chansey right? I can't remember what the prevolution's called though." Jenny tapped her fingers on the handles as they hit a bump, Joy fumbling with her egg momentarily before grasping it like it was her very life. "Oh? Happiny, I believe is Chansey's prevolution." Liz was informative as the Officer gave a chuckle at the young Joy's actions. "How come you don't run a PokeCenter, like your sisters?" Jenny asked another question for light conversation, not knowing that it was the exact question that made the air turn thick around the young Joy.

"Because..." Her voice trailed as her mind wandered. "Because?" Jenny titled her head, though her eyes remained on the road. "...oh, because I like my medicine to be more natural. Not fond of machines, I suppose." Liz feigned a giggle as she puffed a heave sigh, raising a hand to flick some hair out of her good eye. The motorcycle came to a stop in the middle of Forge Forest, Liz looking up as she raised a questioning brow to Officer Jenny, who stepped out of the car and wandered off the path and sat on a fallen log. "I think a short stop is in order, always good to smell some roses." Joy nodded in agreement as she stood up, leaving the egg in the motorcycle, wrapped up in her pink duster for extra padding to add to the abnormal amount already within the cylinder.

Wandering on the side opposite of Jenny, a small shrill of a Poke'mon gave the girl about a two seconds warning before she had her right leg nearly swept out from under her, barely regaining her balance to stay on her feet. "What the?" She looked down to see what had blind-sided her, to see a small Ralts, face down in the dirt, looking as though he had bumped into Liz, then tripped on his own baggy legs, just out of his hand reach was a Dawn stone, which the Ralts hastly scoop up and looked to Liz in bewilderment and slight awe at her height compared to his, before shuffling off, the stone held close as he dissappeared into a bush. The distant sound of what was many Murkrow could be heard, they sounded rather...peeved.

After shaking off the small scene and some idle chitchatter, Joy and Jenny were back on the road, Forgetown in sight. "I'll drop you off just on the edge, this way you've gotta work a bit to find the professor." Jenny chuckled as Liz stepped out of the side-car, back in her pink duster, overly-large red backpack in place as she gingerly picked up her Happiny egg. "Thank you for the ride. I really appreciate it, Officer Jenny." Liz gave a courteous bow as she took a few steps backwards, a slight grin on her face as Jenny gave a wink then peeled her tires, giving a few bystanders quite the show before she sped off at was certainly not a legal speed...but what are you gonna do? Call the police?

With a sigh of relief, Elizabeth was now in Forgetown, peering around curiously as she walked along the sideways, looking for the Professors Labratory, egg held close. Stopping in front of what the locals had said to be the Professors lab, Liz shyly opened the door to see people bustling all about in a rush. "Umm...hello?" she took a few more steps in before someone put a hand on her shoulder from behind.

"Hello! Sorry for all the ruckus, but you know, with all you new guests and trainers, things are sure to be busy!" The hand belonged to a lady who was quite tall, though it was clear she was wearing slightly heeled shoes, for every step she took there was a distinct sound as her heel met the floor. Her hair was long and tied back into a larger, high ponytail, a soft darker toned brown in color. Her robe was white, like many of the others that were in the room. A black tanktop under the unbuttoned white lab coat as a pair on flared blue jeans stuck out amongst the dress slacks. She was quite young, maybe in her late 20's, early 30's. Aside from an assisant here and there, this woman appeared to be the youngest there, the rest of the assistants and reaseachers all rather elderly.

It was Professor Sequoia, who ushered her first arrival into a smaller guest room, where it was quite quiet, a few chairs and sofas with a small coffee table in the middle. With every step, the womans unbuttoned lab coat billowed out elegantly behind the Professor. The table was full of snack trays and small jugs of different beverages. "Well, I'll fill in all the blanks you might have when the rest of our guests get here. Until then, enjoy yourself to some refreshments, but please don't play with anything that looks important." Sequoia gave a sheepish smile before she waved and left the room to Joy and her future Happiny. The woman's booming voice could be heard as she started barking orders around to 'get things together' and that she 'didn't have all day, people'. Clearly, this was a woman who enjoyed her authority.

Sitting there, egg placed on the sofa next to her, Joy had a small styrofoam cup full of water as she nit picked here and there at a few of the veggies that were on the snack table. Liz felt her heart beat in her chest as she was starting to get cold feet. Was she really ready for this? No no, this wasn't the time for that. She was already here, might as well go through with it. Shaking off her doubts as she cleared her head, the Joy looked to the egg beside her as her eye traveled around the room, remaining seated.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
The whole flight on Tropius' back was rather uneventful. Everything went as planned and both of them were soon flying above Forgetown. The graceful Grass-type landed behind some buildings and teen walked out of the alley and into the rather quiet town.

James followed a road that would take him out of the town and on his way to what seemed to be a forest. Sableye had been released again, and it resumed its rightful place on James' shoulder. James throat was rather dry and he needed a drink of water. It was too bad that he forgot to fill up his water bottle at the Center in Oironbur.

"Another thing to add to the list of brilliant things you've done, James." he sighed as he peered into the emptiness of the bottle. A light cackle could be heard coming from his shoulder. Sableye was never much of a soul lifter, and rather delighted in his trainer's misfortune, a cruel smile haunted his purple face. They passed a building, a rather different looking building from any of the others in this town. Nonetheless, the boy would take a look inside, asking for some water.

As he approached the building he could hear a single individual from inside issuing orders at everyone else. The voice was female, and she sounded quite intimidating. James hesitantly reached for the door and stepped inside. He was greeted by a tall woman, a small smile on her face.

"Hello! My name is Professor Sequoia." she said kindly, reaching out for James' arm.

"Um, hi, uh." He said, shifting his eyes from side to side in a worried manner.

"You must be one of the new trainers, eh?" she tugged on him.

"Actually no, I just want a-"

"Just wait here in this room for a bit, mmk?" she warmly stated. "I'll be in to talk to you guys when more trainers arrive."

And with that the door shut and she was gone, shouting again at her assistants. He let out a sigh. "Well that didn't go so well, did it? Not very well at all." he grumbled, head hanging. Sableye snickered. There was a pitcher of water on a table in the room, James walked over to it quickly and grabbed a cup. He had gulped down four before he was satisfied.

There was a light tugging on his ear. "Yes? What is it, Sableye?" he asked, turning to see, only to find out that he was not the only person in this room. There was a young, pink haired girl in there was well. Something about her striked him as something familiar, but James could not quite place his finger on it.

"How rude of me! I didn't even notice her until now! Now she'll think I'm weird." James hesitated, "H-hey..." he said awkwardly before going to sit on a couch in opposite of the room. Sableye chuckled in a "nice-one manner." James shushed his Pokémon before leaning farther back into the couch, trying to hide. "Well this is interesting, James... Indeed."

Henceforth, MSDL shall not venture outside of the RP forum area, as she will just get blamed for Tipple making fun of her. Thankyou, That is all.

Enter: The vague semblance of a plot!

Xan sat down at the computer panel. It was set into the bulk of the machine. The keyboard was recessed. Xan stared at it for several seconds, considering the imensity of what he was about to do. The large machine hummed dully. It was very imposing, having the large machine staring you down. Xan hesitantly pressed a key.

The screen was instantly illuminated. Xan relaxed, and looked at the screen. A small cursor was flashing.

"ENTER DESIGNATION." It read.

"XANGOOSE" was Xan's reply. He tapped 'Enter'. The machine clicked to life with a loud whir. Xan glanced around, worried someone would notice. The room remained empty. He was tucked away in a private corner, out of view of most of the room, which was filled with old junk, wires, pipes and other sundries. Xan looked back at the screen.

"ENTER PASSWORD" was now flashing.

Xan gritted his teeth, trying to remember the random sequence of letters, numbers and symbols he had been assigned. Hesitently, haltingly, he typed in response. . .

"3f1g$1iS2M3@4370V3r5"

With another click and a whir, the machine violently jolted to life.

"PASSWORD ACCEPTED. WELCOME, XANGOOSE." Had appeared on the screen. Xan leaned forward, rubbing his left eye. The scar that ran across it had been bothering him of late, and he did his best to blink bleary-ness out of it. He was grateful he hadn't completely lost vision in that eye, so he couldn't complain. He wracked his brain for the complex code the system ran on. If the 'designation' and 'password' system didn't keep uninvited snoops out, the coding would.

Not that the system had kept him from snooping. But that was different alltogether.

He was pretty sure now that they had whiped his memory when he had joined the institution. He wasn't sure why, or how. But he would find out. He typed a few lines of code into the machine, punched enter. Waited as the machine gathered results.

"3,468 ENTRIES FOUND," The machine replied. Xan could have screamed. He thought this would be easy? He glanced nervously in the direction of the door. Had he heard a sound there? He looked back at the screen, typed in another line of code. Pressed enter.

"NO ENTRIES FOUND MATCHING YOUR QUERY."

Well, that was a complete flip. Xan leaned back, thinking for a moment. He cautiously typed in 3 more lines of code, tapped enter. Waited.

"1 ENTRY FOUND," Was his reply. He opened it, began reading. It was a memo sent out only to high ranking officers. Xan was all field work, so he didn't have acess to a computer. He wasn't a high ranking officer either. He was suprised, it was a fairly new memo, dated only two weeks back. It adressed an event to be held in several weeks. Curious, Xan scrolled through it. It appeared to be some form of costume ball, held in Gold Town, of all places. . . A costume ball? What on earth could that have to do. . .

"Xan, what are you doing here?" Xan felt a jolt go through his body. What if someone. . .He didn't allow himself to react, casually typing in another line to bring up a random mess of search results. Then he turned.

A young girl stood in front of him. She couldn't have been any older then 17. She was wearing a perfectly pressed school girl outfit in navy blue and white, sailor-like in style. Her pale blond hair fell well below her back in nine distict parts. Xan looked at it, running a hand through his short, shaggy white hair with pale flashes of red in it. His pale red eyes met her dully gleeming deep red ones. She was idly twirling a pokéball over her hand. It never touched her though, enveloped as it was in a soft smear of purple energy.

"Psi." He smiled faintly. Psinetails. It was what she took her designation from, those abilities. They had been partners in the field once, and had an assignment together coming up. He didn't. . . dislike her. But he was a far cry from enjoying her company. She could be. . .creepy at times.

"Trying to find any information on our next assignment." He leaned back casually.

She frowned at him, could she tell he was lying? "You won't find any. But why were you using this computer? Way back here?" Her eyes gleamed. She suspected he was up to something.

"Couldn't find a free one anywhere else," He said. "Besides, I like the privacy." He looked pointedly at her, hoping she would pick up on the message. Either she didn't, or she didn't want to.

"Come on. Speaking of our next assignment, we need to get ready for it. Care to have a battle?"

Xan glanced at the computer and tapped a single button. It clicked off and the hum slowly died as he followed Psi out.

=-=-=

Uele hit the brakes and the bike came to a stop bringing a plume of dust. She laughed and coughed as it floated around her, then took a look around.

Forge town was a quiet place, much smaller and quieter the the bustling town of Magnasia. Magnasia was more like an alpine retreat, while Forgetown was more like a town. The houses were modest and not showy in the least, unlike Magnasia. The shops were small and humble, relying more on long standing customers, word of mouth, and well made products then the new, modern stores of Magnasia with advertisements in the two story windows. It was. . . quaint. Uele smiled. It wasn't home, but she liked it.

The lab wasn't hard to find, standing out from the rest of the houses in town. It was larger, for one, and was a completely different style of architecture then the houses around it. It had taken Arita nearly 3 days to get here on her bike. Honestly, it had looked much shorter then that. Leaning her bike against the side of the lab and hoping it would still be there when she came out, she trotted into the lab.

Everyone was busy inside. A tall woman was giving direction from the front of the lab. Everyone seemed so busy, running about. Uele felt a bit. . .lost.

"Excuse me, sir!" She said to a man who didn't seem to busy. He looked down on her, impatient. She felt embarrased now, but did her best not to show it. "I'm a new trainer, I was told I could come to get a pokémon here?" He nodded, and pointed. She turned to look and saw nothing but a few bits of machinery. She turned to ask him, but he had already rushed off.

Next to the machine, there was a door. Uele hadn't spotted it until she had drawn close. Cautiously she turned the knob. A hand on her sholder stopped her.

"Why hello there!" She turned, and the woman who had been giving direction smiled at her. It was her hand on Uele's shoulder.

"You must be a new trainer." She beemed. "Yes, right this way." She opened the door and Uele found herself in a small waiting room. Two others were waiting there, and they both gave her bland looks as she was herded in. "I'll be with you all in a bit, mmkay?" And then the woman was gone. She was like a whirlwind. She left Uele's head spinning.

The boy in the room seemed very distraught. A Sableye on his shoulder was making vague shapes with its claws. The other girl in the room was sitting quietly next to a big container that seemed to contain an. . .egg?

So they both already had pokémon? Perhaps she was in the wrong place. . . She sat down anyways. Maybe she would get her pokémon in a minute or two. Perhaps the professor had gone to get it. She sat nervously on the edge of one of the chairs. Tugging a cookie off of one of the plates on the table and nibbling at it. She had been eating increasingly stale peanut butter sandwhiches the past few days, and the crumbly cookie felt soft on her tongue. She waited.

Okay, so. Enter our 'villains'. Their names are indeed variations on pokémon, the first two coming from random chat, but several more on the way. ^^; The whole costume ball idea was spawned from Sami's series of sprites in pokémon costumes. ^^; I'm so lame. Lemme know if you want any specific villan characters, the 'designation' process is rather. . .complicated. ^^; But other then that, I have next to nothing worked out about the team. Our characters will indeed be invited to this ball being held in GoldTown. Xan and Psi'll be there as well, as will several other 'baddies'. ^^ So, we should go to GoldTown next, mmk?

[[OOC - Sowwy for whatever-quality this ish, but I are be a sleepy girl, and my eyes keep getting all bleary. REALLY annoying, especially since I'm not sleepy enough to...er...sleep, but it's enough to make me lose meh concentration.]]

BIC-

Raven's eyebrows raised slightly as he encountered the first prominently unique building in the town so far, a tall and official looking laboratory. The building glinted in the brilliant midday sunlight, but the view was lost on the trainer-to-be, who harbored a vague scowl on his face and an uneasy glare reflected in his eyes. The idea had managed to elude his thoughts thus far, but the idea that he would actually be conversing with the professor that would be presenting him with his first Pokémon had driven itself deeply into his conscious mind now that he stood silently before Forge Town's Lab.

His boots bit into the gravel driveway, grinding into the broken assortment of rocks as he forced himself into a brisk walk, already ashamed at himself for visibly showing hesitance in doing what he had already resigned himself to. One hand sought out his face, sharply brushing away a strand of white-tipped hair from his eyes, and the other tucked itself deeply into his jacket's pocket. The other followed suit soon after.

Blinking owlishly as the lab's door whirred open automatically, Cornelius stepped into the harried room, temporarily at loss of what he should do as several white-coated figures passed him by, labored with papers. Nobody seemed free, or expecting him, and the mechanically-operated doors nearly closed on him as he stood awkwardly in the doorway. Instead, he started forwards again, masking his surprise between one step and the next, and replacing it with a serious, piercing stare. The air-conditioned laboratory was a pleasant change from the stifling heat of the dingy bus he had ridden to get here, although the sudden change in temperature sent a shiver down his spine, but it also reminded him of the fact that he hadn't eaten in a little over eight or so hours. His luminous blue eyes shifted idly around, looking for an authoritative figure.

"Ah, you must be the last trainer, right?"

The voice came from behind him, and the words were spoken so curtly that he had barely summoned a response when the female figure behind the voice inserted,

"In that case, right through that door, and I'll be with you shortly."

Cornelius stared silently up at the Professor as she whisked away, long ponytail bobbing with her rushed movements, and felt something akin to irritation swabbing his prospective excitement at obtaining his trainer's license and first Pokémon. The 'last' trainer suggested that he wasn't the only one here, which meant only more interaction with others. And these people would be closer to his age, and thus even more difficult to comprehend.

Raven's expression adopted a vague, disdainful quality, and he pushed open the door corresponding to the direction the professor's index-finger had gestured to.

Inside the homely room, a spattering of characters were lounging, clearly awaiting the return of the Professor themselves. A bright-haired girl was gnawing thoughtfully on a cookie, identical to a pile heaped upon a table, accompanied by a range of beverages. Raven dismissed these from mind. They were too close to the other youths, and thus out of his reach. A timid, misplaced-looking teenager was slumped into one of the cozen couches, a purple Sableye perched on his shoulder, and another female was seated on another sofa. A curious egg, held inside a container for safekeeping, rested lazily beside her.

Cornelius remained stationary for a brief moment, then allowed himself a weary sigh and shut the door behind him with one gloved hand. It clapped shut, sealing him inside the room.

The boy took two calm steps and leaned back against the guest room's wall, out of the doorway. He tucked his hands inside his jacket pockets and settled his eyes on the room's fluorescent lights for the time being. His roguish black-dyed hair twitched slyly towards his eyes again, ridiculing his efforts to distance himself from the others.

[[OOC- Aaand....wow. That was even worse than I thought. >

At the entering of the boy with the Sableye, at first, Liz hadn't noticed til' he sat down. "Hello." She offered a meek greeting of her own as she moved the container with the pink egg to her lap. Her eyes, despite the fact one could not see, moved to the Sableye on his shoulder. Ghost Poke'mon, known for being quite mischeivious...no doubt this one could be a trouble-maker when it wanted to be. A pink flick of hair made a move to curl, hastly quelled by a hand. No no, this Joy wasn't about to let her hair conform to the way of all other Joys.

Another girl entered as Liz looked over, offering only a friendly smile, no verbal greeting. Nervous already, her toe tapped against the floor quietly. New land, and her first real adventure. Just traveling from town to town in Sinnoh, visiting her sisters didn't really count as an 'adventure' in her book. Wow, dispite this being a new land and all, Joy was expecting more of a turn-out, only 3 train...oh, wait. Now there was four. Looking over, Liz was going to offer a smile, though the expression on this new boy was a bit...mean. Almost afraid to offer him a greeting, Elizabeth decided against it.

Wondering wether to start up a conversation or not, the oppurtunity was lost as the door opened up once more. Another trainer? No, the Professor!

"Ah, so sorry for the mess, kids." Sequoia raised a hand to rub the back of her neck, which, even though her hair was up, was a bit sweaty. In her other hand was a tray holding 12 Poke'balls, with a few items balanced up upon it.

"I'm still in a bit of a rush, so I won't really be seeing you off. Here are the starters we have available....." Sequoia spoke as she walked towards a counter and placed down the tray. "Of course, it's just the acculmation of the starters from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. But please, take your pick. I've also got your standard Poke'dex and Poke'tech; one for each of you. If your looking for a license or to register for the League, you can do that via the Poke'dex. Wonderful invention of Professor Oak's, don't you agree?" Without giving a chance for any of the children to speak, the blue jeans Professor headed for the door.

"Well, have you any questions or problems, one of my assistant can help you. I've gotta jet." Sequoia let out a sigh. "Tis' but the life of a newfound Professor, busy as a Combee, chow!" With a wave, the young, female professor was gone. One could hear her voice through the door barking some final orders before another door could be heard.

The door creaked open as an ederly woman stepped in, a kind smile on her face. "Now now, don't be shy, go on, pick your Poke'mon. Their each clearly labled on the tray." Her old eyes searched the room as they settled on the Sableye. "What a cute Ghost-type, I bet he can't wait for you to pick out a new friend for him. Go on now, children, don't be so shy!" She chuckled as she made her way to a chair and sat down. "Why, I remember my first Poke'mon; a Mudkip. Yes yes, he's so old now, he spends most of his days swimming in the lake by my house, but ah, the times we've had together...come come now, we don't need you young'uns missing out on such an adventure! Metallia is a new place, and it needs explorin'!"

The young Joy looked to the Poke'balls. But which to choose? No no, definately Chikorita...yes, definately. Or...or... maybe something strong...with just a future Happiny, she'd need someone who could protect the young baby type. Cyndaquil wouldn't be a bad choice...oh, which should she choose? Cyndaquil or Chikorita? Strength, or support? Such a choice! Of course she wouldn't dream of picking a Sinnoh starter, heavens no, she had to grow up with people flaunting them, why would she want what she knew? Something new was exciting, like either of those two Johto starters.....but how was a girl to choose? Maybe flip a coin...her mind was starting to drift as the old lady watched the young children.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
James sat awkwardly on the couch as he watched the other kids look at the twelves Pokéballs that were brought before them. He couldn't take one, he wasn't a beginning trainer, nor did he want one. He already had six.

"I already have my water, I could just leave." He thought to himself. "But not with her standing there." he eyed the old woman meekly. "Plus they'll all be staring at me if I just leave, I don't want that." Including him there were four trainers in total, but he felt out of place. He began to conjure up a plan of escape, something that would be easy and allow him to quickly leave the lab without someone trying to stop him.

James slowly rose from the couch, hands concealed by his jacket's sleeves. He walked over to the tray of Pokéballs and pretended to be interested in them, picking some up and examining them. Suddenly, without warning, Sableye jumped off his master's shoulder and scurried out of the room. James called after it and ran out of the room to go get it. A few alarmed faces of assistants turned as he rushed out of the building. He ran down the path to the gate where Sableye was waiting for him. The creature climbed up onto James' shoulder.

"That worked out better than I thought it would, Sableye. Good job." James said as he walked down the road he was on earlier, before this whole incident.

"Sableye!" the Pokémon said with a light chuckle. The duo walked down the road towards the forest that lay North of them on the route they were on. What was in the forest was unknown to them, but the sense of new adventure was exciting.

OCC: Yeah, lame. But this RP needs to get moving so here is my post. One of you three can catch up with James if you wish, the RP needs some more character interaction.