• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Re:Rise of Team Neos

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
What? No, my avi is Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass.

Anyway, I wanted to post these last two chapters last night but a nasty headache cancelled those plans. But the important thing is they're here now.

Chapter 28: It’s A Trap!

Two months had passed since that fateful night at the Tin Tower. During that time my team became a lot more unified and better adapted to working together. We were able to pull off strategies at a moment’s notice that would have required a few minutes for us to talk out before. I also noticed that Chane stuttered less as she got more comfortable around us. I say less because she still gets nervous easily.

What hasn’t changed is that Eve will screw with our heads whenever possible, and Zack still shamelessly flirts with her, Chane, and just about every other human female we come across. I don’t know how Raiden puts up with us. Zack has also started leaving Lloyd outside of his Pokéball like I do with Axel. He said that until he met me, he thought all trainers kept their Pokémon in Pokéballs at all times. Being a former Ranger, it’s more comfortable having his partner out with him. As we all soon learned, Lloyd is as much of a Casanova as his trainer.

As for me, I have been training myself to control Dragon-Forme. While I don’t have complete mastery yet, I at least don’t become a berserker anymore unless I’m really riled up. Which brings up something I have learned about myself while doing this training. Prof. Himee was wrong about me, it isn’t anger that triggers the change, it’s battle lust. Even when I feel excited about combat, I’ve tended to transform. That adrenaline rush one gets right before a battle, that fight or flight response, whether you want to kill your enemy or if you’re doing it for fun, that is what activates Dragon-Forme. At least my rampages are limited now.

I even bought a book recently written by the Blackthorn City Dragon Clan Elder titled “The Myths, Legends, and Truths About Dragon Pokémon” with extensive detail on Dragon-types from stories about them, powers and abilities, and even sections on how to raise one. Sure it isn’t a scientific journal, but the man is still an expert as far as anyone else is concerned, plus the words are easier to understand. I figured this would help, not only with my training, but understanding myself as well.

But I’ve digressed long enough. It was now October, and on this particularly chilly night the five of us were on stakeout at Vermillion Harbor ready to do a drug bust on a Rocket cargo ship that was bringing some nasty stuff to Kanto from the Sevii Islands.

“So then the nurse says Lloyd has Pokérus and I’m like ‘Dammit Lloyd! I told you not to go after that Floatzel!’ Then the nurse says ‘No, no. Pokérus isn’t like that. It’s just a harmless bug Pokémon pick up from time to time like a human cold. It should clear up in a couple of days.’ Then Lloyd gives me an ‘I’m right, you’re wrong’ look.” Zack rambled as we waited with his Golduck nodding at every word proving his validity.

To pass the time we, or I should say Zack and I, shared stories of some of our past adventures. The girls and Raiden didn’t seem as interested in sharing as we were. Unfortunately story time was over as I noticed a black freighter pulling into the docks. The others noticed too so we wordlessly got into formation to ambush tonight’s victims.

As expected, people dressed in Rocket uniforms crawled onto the pier like the ants they were to unload their cargo. Or rather make their Machokes, Machamps, Poliwraths, Tentacruels, and in one case a Vigoroth, do all the heavy lifting. Lazy scum.

“Is everyone ready?” Raiden’s voice rang in my ear as we all now wore two way ear pieces for better communication.

“Yes Master Raiden!” I answered readily.

“Alright, launch Elemental Strike!” he commanded after a few seconds from getting everyone else’s responses.

“Elemental Strike it is!” I turned to Axel. “Go for it!” The Infernape opened his mouth blasting a Flamethrower at the Rockets. His attack was joined by a Hydro Pump from Lloyd, a Seed Bomb from Izzy, a Shadow Ball from Diva, and a Charge Beam from which ever Electric-type Raiden was using at the moment.

The criminals scattered in confusion and shock as the five attacks came at them from all directions. Of course we weren’t aiming for them (yet), we were targeting their Pokémon and the crates they carried. Axel’s Flamethrower hit a Machoke in its right arm causing it to drop its cargo. The box shattered when it hit the ground leaving its contents to scatter across the pier. Then the monkey burned that too. Similar results were met from my teammates.

“Alright! Show yerselves! We know ye’re out there so come out!” demanded one of the Rockets pulling a whip off his waist.

“Can I Master Raiden? I mean he did ask us.” I inquired into my earpiece.

“*Ugh* You are such a child. Must you always be so melodramatic?” Eve reprimanded from her end.

“Yup!” I responded cheerfully after a giggle.

“I hear you up there mocking me!” roared the Rocket.

“Well as you have already blown your position, go for it.” allowed Raiden. “We’ll be with you shortly.”

“Yoink!” I shouted jumping down from my perch into the open. As expected, they all looked a bit unnerved seeing a member of Team Neos. They regained their composures a lot sooner than I thought they would.

“There’s only one! Vigoroth! Attack!” yelled a female Rocket. The white furred Wild Monkey Pokémon charged at me with its claws bared presuming to tear me apart.

“A monkey battle is it? Axel! Double Kick!” I called.

Attack!” shouted the Flame Pokémon jumping into the fray with his leg extended. His foot smashed directly into Vigoroth’s face followed by his other foot as he kicked off the shaggy haired baboon. “Is that it?” lamented Axel when he realized the other monkey was down for the count.

“Bastard you’ll pay for that! Get ‘im!” yelled another Rocket sending the remaining Pokémon after us.

“You may want to get off the ground.” Eve suggested. I grabbed Axel by his hand and jumped up just as a large bipedal blue rabbit with small spikes running down her back smashed into the pier sending tremors through the ground which cracked up the concrete and splintered the wood.

As I landed, Eve jumped off the back of her Nidoqueen. “Someone had to stop you from stealing the spotlight again.” she teased.

“But I have to steal the show. I am the main character after all.” I said casually.

“Of what? Your own twisted fantasy?” she questioned with a raised eyebrow. I smiled and nodded. “Freak.” muttered Eve rolling her eyes.

“Screw the Pokémon! These guys could never dodge a bullet!” shouted the previous Rocket pulling out a hand gun. Before he could even pull the trigger, the firearm was surrounded in a pink glow and yanked from his hands.

“I… I won’t let you hurt them!” Chane defended standing with the crescent moon shaped Pokémon Luna.

“Hey guess what? All their Pokémon are weak to Water-types!” pointed out another Rocket.

“Good eye.” complemented the one with the whip. “All Poliwraths and Tentacruels! Attack them with your Water moves!” he commanded. Within seconds Bubble Beams, Water Pulses, Water Guns, and Hydro Pumps were heading right for us.

“Protect!” called Chane. In an instant the six of us were surrounded by a pale pink barrier that resembled the moonlight on a hazy night.

“Hate to say it, but the Rocket’s right. I recommend you all take the high ground before I call my next attack.” warned Zack from his end. We each turned to eachother and nodded in agreement. Eve and Chane returned their Pokémon and then all of us ran the opposite direction of the harbor.

“Look they’re retreating!” I heard a foolish Rocket cheer. She won’t be laughing long. I turned around to see a large tidal wave advancing rapidly to shore with a Golduck riding it. The criminals all screamed when they saw it coming at them. Too bad they noticed too late as gallons of water came crashing down on them.

“They’re all yours Raiden!” Zack called. All at once six different sets of Thunder Bolts struck the soaked crooks and their Pokémon knocking all of them unconscious.

“Mission accomplished.” Raiden announced. Already? Either those guys were weak or we’re just that awesome. I’m going with both.

“Not yet.” I said walking to the Rocket vessel that had been lucky not to capsize with Lloyd’s Surf. “Axel.” I said turning to my Infernape.

Understood.” he said blasting the hull with Flamethrower until there was a large glowing orange blotch on the side of the ship. Next I sent out Beldum and told it to smash through the weakened side with Iron Head followed by a Take Down to the bottom of the ship. The attack did no damage that I know of to the vessel, but it did force the hole we made to sea level causing the ship to take on water until it sank into the harbor.

“Now mission accomplished.” I said. Rather than kill the Rockets, we just left them for the police to handle. While I hated just letting them go, I really had no other choice in the matter. At least I got to destroy their ship and cargo.
-----------------------

The following day my squad and I were enjoying our lunch in a Vermillion food court called Harbor Place. We appeared to be just an ordinary group of trainers having a meal together. Harbor Place was pretty nice being two floors with food stalls around every corner serving all kinds of different yummies. In the center of the food court were tables for the patrons to sit at. There were also tables on a balcony outside, but being early Fall not many people were out there.

The seven of us were inside crowded around a long table fit for eight. On my side was Lloyd on the right end, Zack, me, and Axel on the left end. On the other side was Chane across from me and to her left Raiden followed by Eve on the end across from Lloyd. Zack had cracked a joke about Raiden pimpin’ it up with the ladies. Raiden responded with a blank look followed by a head shake.

“You know it to be true Raiden. Someone as devilishly handsome as you could get any-” Zack paused midsentence as a cute girl with short black hair wearing a pink sweater and tight jeans walked passed our table. His blue eyes followed the girl until he actually had to move his head to keep up with her. “Excuse me.” he apologized getting up from the table and chasing after her.

“You are such a womanizer Kaguya.” commented Eve shaking her head.

“Hey cutie. Are you eating alone? I’m Zack Kaguya. Mind if I join you?” inquired Zack when she sat down.

“Cutie?” she repeated with a confused look. “I’m sorry, I’m actually straight.”

“So am I. All this is is a casual lunch. We don’t have to call it a date if you don’t want to Miss.” he continued.

“Miss? I think you’re confused. I’m a guy.” HE stated matter-of-factly. Zack’s eyes got huge and his lower lip started quivering like he was about to freak out. Eve, Axel, and I on the other hand were laughing so hard we were crying and could barely breathe. I really shouldn’t be laughing though. I thought that was a girl too… It’s still funny as hell! Chane was bright red from such an odd revelation while Raiden had his face in his hand shaking his head.

“How embarrassing.” he sighed.

“This can’t be! You’re just messing with me right?” Zack asked in a panic. The Bishie responded by lifting up his sweater to show off a well toned chest and abs.

“With a body like this I’m either a dude, or I really need to lay off the steroids.” he joked pulling his sweater back down.

“So those A-cups I noticed were pec size not breast size.” analyzed Zack. “But why the hell must you where pink and tight pants?”

“Because only real men wear pink and these jeans are comfy.” The Bishie answered. “I’m sorry you got confused Mister… Kaguya was it?”

“Don’t worry about it. Zacky-boy is just bi-curious.” Eve teased with a giggle. I couldn’t help but snicker along with her.

“It’s not funny!” Zack whined looking at us. He turned back to the Gender Bender clearing his throat. “Look, I’m sorry for putting you through suck an awkward situation like this. Then again, seeing as how you’re probably the spitting image of your mother, you probably get this a lot.”

“Actually I’m told I look more like my father, and you are the first guy to ever come on to me.” Once again, hilarity ensued at our table as yet another nail was added to Zack’s coffin of shame. He just can’t get a break with this guy. Then I noticed Mr. Bishie looking our way. “Are any of those Pokémon yours?” he asked Zack.

“Yeah, the Golduck, why?” he answered unaware of the fact that this guy was most likely a fellow trainer looking for a battle.

“Battle?” the Gender Bender inquired holding up a black topped Pokéball with a yellow crescent moon on it. “If you win, it will at least give you back some of your pride. But if I win…” he trailed looking back at the table. “…I get to go on a date with the cute brunette in the back.” All of us turned to Chane.

“M-me? N-no! I… I can’t. I… I’m not old enough! I’m not allowed to go on dates until I’m eighteen.” she stammered nervously. We all looked at her with confusion. Not allowed to date? Even I find that a bit ridiculous. Eve got up and took the empty seat next to Chane.

“Sweetie, you’re a big girl, you can go on as many dates with as many guys as you want. Besides, you can’t keep playing the underage card forever. I know that in less than a year you’ll be legal.” She then put her hand under Chane’s chin and started caressing her. “And when that time comes, you’re all mine.” she said gently while staring into Chane’s eyes amorously.

“W-why are you looking at me like that. I don’t like it! It’s scary!” Chane panicked.

“You’re so cute when you’re terrified. You’re just my type.” teased Eve seductively as she patted the fearful Chane on the head. After the brief moment of what can only be considered subtle sexual harassment, she got up and went back to her original seat. I wasn’t sure if that Eve was being serious or if she was just screwing with Chane to the Nth degree. Sometimes it scares me how convincing she can be.

Meanwhile, Zack had called Lloyd from the table to join him in the middle of the food court to do battle with the other guy who I overheard give his name as Mike. “If you’re using Golduck, I’ll start with Balli!” he called throwing the Moon Ball. In a flash of light with star like effects came an oval shaped pink creature with long rabbit-like ears, stubby limbs, a pink tuft of hair on its forehead, a white belly, and huge blue eyes.

“You gotta be kidding me! A Wigglytuff? Man, even this guy’s Pokémon are feminine.” I said. I’m sure Zack thought the same thing as I did by the distraught look he had. He quickly shook the thoughts away and got ready to fight.

“Start with Screech Lloyd!” Zack called getting the battle underway. The Duck Pokémon opened his beak wide letting out loud honking noises that forced Balli to pull down its long ears to block the full sound. “Now that it’s off guard use Aqua Jet!” he followed up. Lloyd surrounded his body in water and crashed into his opponent at an incredible speed.

“Balli!” Mike cried worriedly as the Balloon Pokémon staggered back. “Counter with Body Slam!” he commanded once Balli regained its composure. The Wigglytuff inflated its body to being a third larger than before. Lloyd basically had an ‘Oh shit!’ face right up to the point Balli tackled him to the ground and lay on top of him.

“Even though that thing is light, use Strength to get it off!” commanded Zack. Balli’s eyes got bigger than normal as it was lifted up over the Golduck’s head before getting casually tossed aside.

“Who are you calling a thing?” demanded Mr. Bishie angrily. “Show this guy we mean business Balli! Thunder Bolt!” Mike yelled.

“Oh crap!” Zack cried as sparks started crackling around Balli’s body. “I would use Protect, like, now!” Just as Balli released its Electric attack, Lloyd’s jewel projected a transparent blue bubble around him that had a fluid look to it like water. Just like water, the Thunder Bolt struck it and was carried around the bubble and absorbed.

“That was close.” sighed Zack wiping his forehead. “Make sure it never happens again! Disable that attack Lloyd!” he commanded. The Duck Pokémon’s eyes started glowing blue and for half a second it looked as if a thin blue beam of the same color passed through the center of Balli’s head.

“Well so much for that idea.” Mike said calmly. “Guess I’ll just have to use the Wigglytuff line’s signature move. Sing for us Balli!” The Balloon Pokémon began singing a soft relaxing lullaby that even had me starting to nod off.

“Axel. If you’re still awake, I say we make sure we stay that way.” I suggested balling my fingers into a fist.

Got it.” he agreed tiredly. At the same time we both punched eachother in the face to wake ourselves up. The pain would make sure we stayed conscious. Lloyd however wasn’t so lucky and was sound asleep.

“Man, buddy, of all the times to take a nap.” said Zack sarcastically.

“Now Balli! Hyper Voice!” Mike called. Balli opened its mouth wide and began screaming the loudest earsplitting sound I had ever heard. I could even see the sound wave vibrations streaming through the air at their unfortunate target. By some sadistic miracle, the Golduck remained asleep.

“How are you still snoozing after such a loud noise?” Zack asked his unresponsive Pokémon.

“If you wanted me to wake him up, you could have just asked. Use Wake-up Slap!” commanded Mike. The Wigglytuff waddled up to Lloyd and outright bitch slapped him in the face. Needless to say, he wasn’t a very happy kappa when he woke up.

“I know, that was such a rude awakening. Give Balli a headache with Zen Headbutt!” Zack told him. The Duck Pokémon placed his webbed claws on Balli’s shoulders, tilted his head back as it started to glow blue, and slammed it pointblank into the Wigglytuff’s cranium. When Lloyd pulled his head off of Balli’s, the Balloon Pokémon had tears in its eyes and was pouting. Lloyd started blushing with hearts in his eyes.

“You gotta be kidding me! You’re Wigglytuff is a girl with the Cute Charm Ability?” Zack called-out frustratedly.

“Wasn’t it obvious? You really are pretty bad with telling genders ya know?” mocked the Bishie. Poor Zack. This just isn’t his day. “Well whatever. Balli! Double Slap!” Balli did as told smacking Llyod with her flipper like hands eight different times by my count. Even after the abuse, the Golduck had a smile on his bill, and a loving look in his eyes.

“Get her back with close range Water Pulse!” called Zack. Rather than doing as told, Lloyd started showing off in an attempt to win Balli’s affections. “Oh come on! You two aren’t even in the same Egg Group!” he reminded. That’s when an interesting, if not highly amoral and evil, idea popped into my head.

“Zack! They may not be in the same Egg Group, but that just means Lloyd won’t become a father. Use his attraction to your advantage!” I informed him. By the devious grin Zack got, I knew he understood what I was telling him.

“Alright Lloyd, new plan! Forget the Water Pulse, instead use Mate!” commanded Zack a bit more enthusiastically than necessary. The Duck Pokémon didn’t hesitate for a second before he jumped Balli and started humping her. Mike screamed in horror as he brought out Balli’s Moon Ball and quickly returned her to its safety. Lloyd looked temporarily confused as to where his conquest had gone. As the Cute Charm wore off, he got back to his feet looking unamused by the ordeal.

“Oh Balli, I’m so sorry! I never meant for you to get violated.” he apologized to the sphere. “You animal!” he screamed at Zack.

“Hey now, it was his suggestion.” Zack defended pointing back at me while I laughed my ass off at how well my diabolical plan worked. “I just took his idea.”

“Yes, YOU took the idea!” yelled Mike getting out a second Moon Ball. “Star! Avenge your sister!” Emerging from the orb came another pink Pokémon, this one with long black-tipped ears, dark pink wings, a tuft on its head, and a large round tail.

“Alright Lloyd. It’s been a crazy battle so far, so use Calm Mind to relax a bit.” told Zack. Lloyd closed his eyes while taking slow, deep breaths to settle his thoughts.

“That won’t help you much! Time for Star’s signature move! Metronome!” Mike called. The Clefable held out both of its pointer fingers and began rhythmically shaking them back and forth. Next Star extended both its arms while glowing with an ominous white aura. That aura then shot out and surrounded Lloyd. While I think all of us were focused with anticipation as to what this attack was, I started to relax a bit when I noticed the Fairy Pokémon wincing in pain and Lloyd looking rejuvenated.

“Oh no! Why Pain Split?” cried Mike when he figured out the attack.

“Hey thanks for working in my favor. We appreciate you evening the playing field.” Zack commented happily once the attack stopped. “I’m feeling an Ice Beam would be an appropriate move now, what do you think Lloyd?” The Duck Pokémon responded by opening his bill and blasting a pale blue subzero beam made from frozen vapor at Star. The Clefable recoiled from the attack but otherwise seemed ok.

“If you were trying to freeze her, then that won’t work. Star has the Magic Guard ability, so neither of us has to worry about Attract or rape. Now attack with Iron Tail Star!” called Mike. The Fairy Pokémon’s tail hardened until it was sheening with a metallic silver. She then smacked the Golduck hard in the torso.

“Hang in there buddy.” encouraged Zack. “I’m glad to know we don’t have to worry about Cute Charm any more even if Star is a girl. Let’s celebrate with Tail Whip!” Lloyd nodded, walking up to the Fairy Pokémon and knocking her arms apart with his tail from the floor up. “Now Aqua Tail!” Zack continued. The Golduck surrounded his tail with water and swung it in the opposite direction smacking Star from the top of her head down.

“Retaliate with Double Slap Star!” called Mike. Once again poor Lloyd was on the receiving end of a furious session of bitch slaps across the face.

“I bet you’re tired of getting smacked around like this. Show Star what it feels like by using Fury Swipes!” Zack called. The Golduck honked affirmatively before repaying his opponent with a rapid series of slashes all across her torso.

“How dare you! Star! Use Shadow Ball!” the Gender Bender commanded. Star held her hands out in front of her chest and began gathering the shadows of Harbor Place into her palms. Once a swirling purplish black ball of adequate size had been created, the Clefable tossed it at Lloyd hitting him directly in the face. At this point the Duck Pokémon was panting from fatigue at having fought two battles already.

“You can do it Lloyd! Please win so I don’t have to go on a date!” Chane cheered on.

“Aw how cute. Our little girl is growing up.” Eve said with joking affection.

“You hear that Lloyd? Chane is counting on us to win. We can’t let her down!” Zack said passionately. “Now show our effeminate opponents your Psychic power!” Just as the Golduck’s eyes started glowing blue, Mike issued his next command as well.

“Counter with your Psychic Star!” The Clefable’s eyes also began to glow, but with a pinkish color instead.

The two Pokémon engaged eachother in a strength of the mind by sending their psychic auras to the battle field between them in a spectacular display of pink and blue. Words can hardly describe the swirling energy waves as they mixed together in a battle for supremacy. Both Pokémon were struggling to keep their focus lest they wanted the other to win and throw their attack back at them. I can only imagine what each of them is going through.

Finally, it looked as if Lloyd would win the struggle as the two auras merged into one taking on a deep violet color indicating the blue energy was in control. The Duck Pokémon even started slowly pushing his arms forward to add to the attack. Star dropped to one knee as she failed to keep control. At last Lloyd pushed all the pent up psychic energy forward in a massive ball. The Clefable cried out in pain as she was surrounded in such a heavy attack.

“Star!” Mike cried as the Fairy Pokémon collapsed to the ground. There was no response from the unconscious Clefable. “Damn! Well Mr. Kaguya, I guess you win. Balli and Star are my only two Pokémon.” I heard both Zack and Lloyd let out very audible sighs that the battle was over.

“Glad that’s over. Lloyd is my only Pokémon. You sure gave him a run for his money.” Zack said with relief.

“Ya don’t say. Well he’s really good then to take on both of my girls and win.” complemented the Bishie. After shaking hands, the two went back to their respective table to get back to their now cold lunches.

“Oh man, what day!” Zack sighed. “Me hitting on a guy does not leave this room you got that?” he told us while Chane fed Lloyd some Oran Berries. Suddenly Eve climbed up on the table for a reason we were sure to find out soon.

“Attention everyone!” she called out to the food court. “My friend Zack Kaguya here just hit on a guy! Take it as you will!” she announced playfully.

“Eve what are you doing!? I told you not to do that!” cried Zack frantically.

“You said it doesn’t leave the room. So I told everyone in the room.” she replied innocently having taken full advantage of Zack’s poor choice of words.

“Well ok fine, it doesn’t leave the table!” he corrected. “By the way, feel free to stay where you are. I’m enjoying the view.” Yes, obviously Eve didn’t think about the fact that standing on a table in a skirt would give everyone sitting there a view up said skirt.

“Then why don’t I give you a better view!” Eve offered darkly as she lifted her leg and gave Zack a heeled-boot to the face. That would be the reason I chose not to say anything. After causing Zack harm, Eve gracefully jumped off the table and went back to her seat.

“So worth the pain.” Zack said happily despite the red mark on his face.

For new readers:

Trap- noun- a male who can easily be confused for a female. Ex. Haku from Naruto
Bishie- abreviation of Bishonen- noun- a very pretty male. Ex. Half the guys in anime

*Grin.* As I said the last time this was posted, the ending of this chapter is filled with epic-lolz. You'd think Zack would eventually learn, but he certainly has a hard head. I'm glad to see Team Neos up and running again, though, and am looking forward to the following chapters. This is certainly a one-of-a-kind tale you've got, Monkey. ;)

Psycho Monkey

At long last! The newest chapter that none of you have ever read! Just as fair warning, this is also my longest chapter ever coming in at 19 pages making it quite a long read. If PokeCharms has a limit to how much text can be put into a post, I'm sure I'm going to find it one day.

Chapter 29: Assassin

“It would seem we are a day early.” said Raiden as we arrived on Cinnabar Island. It turned out that Team Rocket didn’t know when to quit as they were now trying to import their drug cartel to Cinnabar after their Vermillion trade was breached last week, complements of us. We were currently on an isolated part of the island near the abandoned mansion as we had decided to take a short cut to our hotel.

“Well I say if we’re a day ahead of schedule, then let’s take advantage of Cinnabar’s tropical climate and go to the beach!” Zack suggested eagerly. Lloyd nodded in agreement, equally eager to get in the water.

“W-We can’t! W-We’ll be attacked b-by Missingno!” protested Chane fearfully. I raised my eyebrow at her. She couldn’t possibly be serious about that.

“*Snicker* What?” asked Eve trying to keep a straight face.

“Missingno! It’s a horrible shapeless monster that lives in the shoreline around Cinnabar Island. It causes horrible distortions and may even erase you and your Pokémon from existence! We can’t go anywhere near it!” Chane continued.

“Oh please. That’s a load of bull and you know it. If you’re shy about being seen in a bathing suit just come out and say it. Don’t make up such ridiculous stories.” Eve chided.

“She’s not making it up.” I put in. “But all it is is an urban legend, nothing but nonsense.”

“You don’t believe me either? I’m not making this up!” she cried.

Before our debate could continue, Riolu’s Pokéball began shaking violently. “Hey what’s wrong with Rio?” asked Axel worriedly. Just as I was about to let him out of his Pokéball so he could tell Axel what was bothering him, the answer came in the form of a small black ball that landed by our feet.

“Get back!” Raiden shouted seconds before the sphere started spewing a thick grey smoke causing the seven of us to start coughing. I heard a whistling sound and suddenly felt three ropes wrap around my arms and body. I was then pulled to the ground and dragged from the smoke cloud. I heard what sounded like cannon fire followed by the cries of my friends.

“What’s going on here!?” I demanded angrily breaking free of the ropes. I detached Aerodactyl’s ball from my belt and released the Fossil Pokémon. “Defog now!” I commanded. The prehistoric beast powerfully flapped his wings creating a strong wind. Once the smoke cloud was cleared, I could see my friends, including Axel, trapped under a huge iron net.

“Well lookit what I caught.” said a deep accented voice proudly. I turned around growling at the camo colored jeep that wasn’t there a moment ago. Sitting on the roof was a man dressed in forest green pants, black combat boots, and a sand brown longcoat overtop a red shirt. A brown wide rimmed hat with a long yellow feather in it was on his head obscuring his face. From his right shoulder going across his chest to his left hip was a brown belt lined with long golden bullets and from his left shoulder to his right hip was another belt with three dark metallic green canisters and three egg shaped devices of the same color that could only be grenades. In his right hand was a silver launcher that presumably shot the net and in his left hand was the other end of the rope that dragged me.

“Oi! You must be pretty strong to have broken through my bolo like that Mate.” he said to me. I looked around me and noticed that there had been three heavy orbs attached to the ropes that ensnared me.

“Who the hell are you and why have you attacked us!” I demanded glaring daggers at him. I was trying my hardest to suppress my inner Dragon’s desire to thrash this guy until I had answers.

The stranger put down the rope and pushed up the rim of his hat revealing the face of a man in his mid to upper thirties with dark eyes, black hair, and a sinister grin that would make a Gengar shudder. “Name’s Creed.” he introduced. “As for why I’m comin’ after ya, it ain’t nothin’ personal Mate, just a job. And let me tell ya, you’re a hard man to track down.” he continued casually. I narrowed my eyes into a fiercer gaze. Well I got my answers.

“Aerodactyl! Blow him away with Hyper Beam!” I commanded. The ancient sky king cocked his head back, then pushed forward launching a bright yellowish orange energy blast. Creed quickly threw one of his canisters in the way of the beam causing it to explode. More smoke engulfed the area but this one was painfully different than the last smoke bomb. My eyes stung and began tearing up from the irritation caused by the tear gas. Aerodactyl screeched loudly and vengefully from the smoke as well. The sound of skidding tires could be heard as our attacker drove off.

“Coward!” I yelled as the tear gas started to clear.

“Who’s a coward?” asked Creed’s voice followed by the sound of gunfire and a throbbing pain in the back of my right shoulder. I screamed as fell to my knees with my left hand over my wound. “Aw don’t be such a baby Mate. It was only a rubber bullet. Just a test for ya.”

“Bastard!” I snarled turning around. My vision was still hazy from the tear gas, but I could still make out his shape standing by the net that contained everyone holding a shotgun with the barrel resting on his shoulder.

“Leave Brian alone! He’s done nothing to you!” pleaded Chane from her prison.

“He told his lizard to blow me up. I don’t consider that to be nothin’ Sweetheart. Tear gas and shootin’ him are my ways of self defense.” Creed justified.

“But that doesn’t justify singling him out and throwing a net on the rest of us!” Zack said irately.

“Like I said Mate, it’s just a job. It ain’t in my contract to off the whole lotta ya, just the freak. The net is to keep y’all from interferin’ with my sport.”

“You’re a dead man Creed!” I promised darkly.

“Maybe, but not before you.” he retorted reloading his shotgun. Then he looked as if he thought of something. “Tell ya what Mate. Why not make this more interesting? Y’already have yer lizard out, so why not have a proper Pokémon battle for the fun of it? Full battle, one at a time, whadaya say?”

“Or I could just kill you now!” I roared running forward. He turned the shotgun to the net stopping me dead in my tracks.

“No matter how fast you may be, you can’t out run a bullet at point blank. I may not get paid to off them, but if it subdues you I’ll do it. My game, my rules. Whadaya say Mate, ready to play?” I growled menacingly at the assassin. Damn him!

“Fine! But you’ll have to get rid of the net to set my Infernape free so that I can use him to fight. My teammates won’t get involved if we have a simple Pokémon battle.” I accepted unwillingly.

“Not takin’ that chance. You’ll use the Infernape last.” said Creed firmly. “Now let’s get on with the battle! Snipe ‘im Kingdra!” he called sending out a tall blue scaled seahorse with a yellow belly, an elegant white fin on its back, a white fin on each cheek, a long narrow snout, red eyes, and two antennae on its head. One thing unnatural about his Pokémon was the black collar around its neck.

“Bite Kingdra with Thunder Fang Aerodactyl!” I called. The Fossil Pokémon flew toward his foe and clamped down with his large maw which was crackling with electricity.

“I hope that ain’t the best ya got.” taunted Creed. “Show ‘em a real attack Kingdra! Bubble Beam!” Kingdra turned its snout to Aerodactyl and shot off a rapid fire barrage of foamy bubbles that exploded on impact. The revived dinosaur shrieked with disdain from the Super-effective hit.

“You want our best? You got it! Sky Attack!” I commanded. Aerodactyl let out a furious roar as his body began glowing red from the energy he was gathering for the assault.

“Leavin’ yerself vulnerable like that ain’t really the best idea Mate.” berated the assassin. How dare he chastise my method of combat! “Hit ‘em with Hydro Pump!” The Dragon Pokémon blasted a powerful stream of water at Aerodactyl like cannon fire, however the Sky King dodged the projectile with ease by flying into the sky. He then dive bombed Kingdra at full speed causing serious damage.

“Now who said Aerodactyl was vulnerable?” I questioned cynically. Creed’s face contorted with anger. He pulled a strange black detonator like device from his waist.

“You missed!” he furiously shouted pressing the button on the detonator. The collar on Kingdra’s neck lit up sending electric shocks throughout the Pokémon’s body causing it to grunt and writhe in pain. “You know better Kingdra! I do not tolerate missing!”

“You bastard! You’re actually torturing you Pokémon over a miss!?” I yelled heatedly.

“What’s it matter? It’s my Pokémon, I can do what ever I like to it.” he responded. “Besides, it’s called disciplining them when they screw up!”

“But that’s cruel!” Chane cried from the net.

“You have no integrity as a trainer! You are weak.” Raiden said hatefully.

“Oi! Pipe down all o’ ya!” ordered Creed pointing his shotgun at them.

“Your battle is with me, not them Creed! Aerodactyl! Take him down! Attack the human!” I shouted. The Flying-type screeched in understanding and charged at the damnable creature with his mouth wide open ready to tear Creed to shreds with his fangs. Things didn’t quite go as I had expected as Kingdra willingly threw itself in Aerodactyl’s path to protect its trainer.

“Good work Kingdra! Now redeem yerself with a close range Ice Beam!” While the Fossil Pokémon was still chewing on Kingdra’s abdomen, the giant seahorse turned its head at him and blasted him with a critical hit ray of frozen air.

“Aerodactyl!” I called as the winged beast was forced to the ground shrieking in agony. I glared at the assassin with a violent hatred burning in my red eyes. All I had to do was gather my Draconic power in my claws and I could end this in a heartbeat. But as much as I wanted to, this was still a Pokémon battle meaning it was up to our monsters to settle things, even if Creed was using that disgusting collar to “discipline” his Pokémon.

“Aero! Can you move?” I asked desperately. Aerodactyl weakly got off the ground and dizzily flapped back into the air with his tongue hanging out the side of his mouth. A little tired, but it looks like he can still fight. “Good. Now use Fly!” I called.

“Oi! Not so fast Mate! Trap ‘em with Whirlpool Kingdra!” called Creed before Aerodactyl could get airborne. The Dragon Pokémon shot a swirling vortex of water at the ground beneath the ancient tyrant’s feet that spiraled into the air after Aerodactyl as he flew up. Even from down here I could hear his screeches as the water struck him.

“Now before the lizard comes back down, use Dragon Dance!” Creed commanded. Kingdra began moving its body around in a rhythmic and foreboding manner which I knew was focusing its muscles to make it both faster and stronger. This was made even more evident with how easily the Dragon Pokémon avoided Aerodactyl’s aerial strike when he descended. On top of that, the Whirlpool had chased him down keeping him trapped in the vortex.

“Let’s see you dodge this! Use Aerial Ace Aerodactyl!” I called using way too many ‘A’ sounds in one sentence. The Fossil Pokémon moved rapidly and gracefully through the air until he hit his mark dead on. They don’t call him the King of the Skies for nothing. Both Pokémon were starting to look worn out, made worse by how Aerodactyl just couldn’t seem to shake that obnoxious Whirlpool.

“Finish this lizard off with Surf!” demanded the assassin. There was a sudden tremor as the ground split open erupting a huge tidal wave of water. The Fossil Pokémon gave one final shriek as the water wall crashed down on him knocking him out.

“Fainted, but still breathin’. It’s tougher than I gave credit. Finish it for real this time with Dragon Pulse.” Creed ordered. Bastard! I can’t believe he would actually go as far as to actually kill my Pokémon!

“I don’t think so! Dragon Pulse!” I yelled throwing my right arm forward blasting my own blue energy wave at the Dragon-type before it could launch its attack at my unconscious Pokémon. Kingdra cried out from the unexpected Super-effective attack and also fainted leaving Creed completely awe struck.

“What the hell was that Mate!?” he demanded anxiously.

“That was my own Dragon Pulse.” I said preparing another one in my left hand while returning Aerodactyl to the safety of his Pokéball held in my right. “And this one’s for you!” I shouted firing my attack at the assassin. He quickly dodge-rolled to avoid my attack which hit his jeep instead leaving one of the taillights destroyed.

“Lambda warned me to be careful around you. He said you had some inhuman abilities.” said Creed throwing another smoke bomb, the black orb variety this time.

So Lambda was the one who hired this guy. I guess he was still pretty upset about what I did to him in Tin Tower. Upset enough to put a bounty on my head. The skidding sound of the jeep’s tires told me that Creed was on the move again. By now I knew he wasn’t the type to give up on his prey, so I quickly sent out Riolu and Beldum.

“Riolu! Grab Beldum and use his metal body as a shield against bullets.” I instructed quietly to prevent the bounty hunter from over hearing my strategy. It was all I could say before I started coughing again. I really hope my ability to heal prevents lung cancer or I will be thoroughly pissed.

Riolu wasted no time in grabbing Beldum and holding it at the right side of my head. Once again I heard the sound of Creed’s shotgun going off followed by the pinging sound of metal on metal. No rubber bullets this time.

“Well that was unexpected.” Creed said when the smoke cleared. He had a pair of thick green lensed goggles over his eyes that I’m guessing are heat vision goggles so he can see me in the smoke fields. “Usin’ a Steel-type Pokémon to deflect my bullets is a smart move, but it won’t save ya for long. Why not recall one of them Pokémon so we can get back to our battle Mate?”

“No chance Creed! They both stay.” I said defiantly. The assassin only smiled, chuckling slightly at my remark.

“Then I’ll have to use two of my own! Take the field Sableye and Flygon!” he shouted throwing two balls at once. Materializing from the first was a small purple human-shaped Pokémon with large blue gems for eyes, a ruby on its chest, a sapphire on its back, long sharp claws on its hands and feet, three spikes on each elbow, and long pointed ears. From the second ball came a much larger green lizard-like Pokémon with darker green stripes on its tail, three green feathers outlined in red on the tip of its tail, large wings also outlined in red, short three clawed forelimbs, short hind limbs, two long green antennae, and transparent red lenses over its eyes. Both Pokémon also wore those damn collars.

“Whadaya think Mate? Sableye has no weaknesses and is immune to any attack your Pokémon can throw at it! Not to mention Flygon who has enough power to take on both yer li’luns at once.” the assassin bragged. That’s what he thought. “Fake Out the Riolu Sableye! And use Dig on the Beldum Flygon!”

The Darkness Pokémon went to attack Riolu with his claws, but at the last second jumped side to side then slapped the young bipedal canine while his guard was down. At the same time Flygon had burrowed its way underground out of view.

“Beldum! Since Flygon is temporarily out of reach, use Iron Head on Sableye! Meanwhile I want you to memorize its aura with Foresight Rio!” I told my Pokémon. The ball that made up Beldum’s head stated sparkling as the metal became denser. It then sped into the purple gremlin colliding into its torso. While Beldum attacked, the Emanation Pokémon concentrated on locking onto Sableye’s aura.

“How’s that possible? I was told that Beldum can only learn Take Down! Why does yers know Iron Head Mate?” demanded the bounty hunter.

“It knew the attack when I received it as a gift from the leader of Team Neos himself.” I said condescendingly. “Iron Defense!” I called abruptly when I realized that Flygon had yet to emerge. As soon as the words escaped my mouth, the Mystic Pokémon burst from the ground directly beneath Beldum making direct impact.

“Iron Defense too? Well now, you’re just fulla surprises ain’t ya Mate?” commented Creed snidely. “Here’re a few surprises of my own! Flygon! Use Flamethrower on Beldum! Hit Riolu with Shadow Claw Sableye!”

“Zen Headbutt through the flames Beldum! Counter Riolu!” I commanded hastily. While Flygon opened its mouth blasting a long tongue of fire, the Iron Ball Pokémon surrounded itself in blue psychic energy and charged head first into the stream. Beldum pushed its way through, enduring the pain, until colliding with the desert dweller’s jaw. Flygon let out a loud cry as its attack was forcibly cancelled.

At the same time, Sableye’s claws had grown longer and were emitting a black cloud of ghostly energy. Riolu hung tough waiting for the attack. In one swift stroke, the goblin swiped Rio with its deformed claws causing the bipedal canine to yelp. However, Riolu had prepared himself, so while Sableye was off guard he landed several counter blows to its exposed torso and face.

“Oi! What the hell was that!? Sableye is a Ghost-type! Fightin’-type moves ain’t supposed to hurt it!” the bounty hunter yelled angrily.

“Don’t you know anything? Foresight negates that disadvantage which also means Sableye does have a weakness! Without its Ghost-type shield, the Dark half will suffer all of Riolu’s Fighting-type attacks!” I berated. “Allow me to demonstrate! Riolu! Attack Sableye with Force Palm!” The Emanation Pokémon charged his aura into his paw before smashing his paw into Sableye’s chest sending a burst of blue aura through its body and causing it to scream in pain. Creed looked furious.

“Damn you!” he shouted pulling a grenade from his belt. Once the safety pin was removed, he hurled the explosive at us. In desperation, I shot a Dragon Pulse at it while it was still in midair. I figured it would be less fatal or catastrophic if it didn’t go boom directly on top of me and my Pokémon. I was only half right. I was still blown back by the force of the blast and I was pelted by shrapnel, but the three of us still made it out in one piece, just with a few cuts.

“Both of you! Go after that damn Riolu! Use Aerial Ace Flygon and you use Zen Headbutt Sableye!” I heard the assassin shout. Emerging from the smoke left behind by the explosion were both enemy Pokémon each targeting Riolu who was still off guard from the previous attack.

“Riolu! Detect Flygon! Beldum! Take Sableye’s hit!” I called. At the last second before the Mystic Pokémon was about to strike, Riolu rolled to the side causing Flygon to hit the ground instead. Unfortunately, Beldum wasn’t fast enough to get between Riolu and Sableye in time. The Darkness Pokémon pulled its glowing purple head back and slammed it into Riolu’s head.

“Flygon you missed! Don’t fuck with me! You don’t miss!” roared Creed pressing the detonator’s button again giving the Mystic Pokémon a horrible electrocution.

“I’m begging you! Please stop!” Chane cried. Creed lifted his shotgun and pointed it at the net.

“And I told you to pipe down over there!” he reprimanded. Now while he’s distracted…

“Flygon’s a Ground-type so how does that even work?” questioned Eve. I whispered my command to Beldum…

“Because the collar is connected directly to its nervous system. Just because the outside is resilient doesn’t mean the inside is. Anything is possible with technology Sweetheart.”

“You’re a monster!” yelled Zack. Beldum gets into position…

“You’re friend has the abilities of a Dragon Pokémon and I’m the monster? I think you need new glasses Mate.” Creed shifted his eyes back to me.

“Now Beldum!” I called. The Iron Ball Pokémon flew in a direct course for the assassin.

“Shadow Sneak Sableye!” he called. The Darkness Pokémon dove into its shadow, then almost as quickly jumped out of Creed’s just in time to cut off Beldum’s Take Down with an attack of its own. The duel Psychic/Steel-type fell to the ground stunned from the unexpected interception but quickly regained its composure by rising back to the air.

“You really thought I wasn’t watching you while I talked to yer teammates? Attack an enemy while their back is turned, not their head.” said Creed haughtily. “Flygon! Redeem yerself by using Heatwave on the lotta them. Attack the Riolu with Shadow Ball Sableye!”

Flygon turned its head to the sky then opened its mouth spewing hot air that contorted the scenery like a hot summer day. The air began to get very thick and heavy making it hard to breathe. Even though it was October, I was starting to sweat. Sure we were in the tropics, but that doesn’t change the fact that it felt like it was 90° out here with 100% humidity!

Meanwhile, Sableye charged up a sphere of pure darkness between its claws. It pulled its arm back before tossing the purplish black ball at Riolu. The Emanation Pokémon defiantly held out his arms to block the attack but it was no use. The Shadow Ball pushed through doing its damage.

“Counter attack time guys! Use Cross Chop on Sableye Rio! Attack Flygon with Take Down Beldum!” I called. Riolu crossed his arms in front of himself then slammed the X shape into the Darkness Pokémon’s throat doing great damage. Unfortunately, Sableye was coughing which meant that we hadn’t finished it off yet. My Iron Ball Pokémon put all of his effort into its Take Down granting it a critical hit when it impacted Flygon in the stomach. Regrettably the recoil damage fainted Beldum. I quickly returned it to its Pokéball before Creed got any more sadistic ideas for it.

“Well now that’s one down. Finish off the Riolu with Night Shade Sableye!” ordered Creed confidently. The goblin’s presence grew to the point where even I could feel it. The strain was too much for the young Emanation Pokémon to handle knocking him out as well. “This is fun Mate. Send out yer next two so we can keep this battle goin’. Unless of course, you’re done now and wish to die.” the assassin taunted.

“I only need one Pokémon to finish these two off!” I said firmly. “Let’s go Piloswine!” I called throwing out the Great Ball after calling back Riolu. “Use I-”

“My attack! Flygon! Iron Tail!” commanded Creed before I could call out my attack. The desert dragon’s tail turned a metallic silver color as it whipped my wooly boar with it. “Now Sableye!-”

“Earthquake!” I cut off displaying the same rudeness as him. In these kinds of battles you must play dirty to win. Piloswine lifted his front hooves of the ground, then threw all of his weight on them as he put them back down sending tremors in every direction. While Flygon evaded the attack thanks to its Levitate Ability, Sableye was helpless and was swiftly KOed.

“That wasn’t nice Mate, cuttin’ me off like that.” Creed said feigning disappointment. I knew better though that this was just an act to get me to drop my guard. “This is your punishment!” he shouted changing his tone quickly while lifting his shotgun at me. Without a shield I was helpless! He then causally moved the barrel from me to my trapped friends. “You’re punishment is one of their lives.”

“NO!” I screamed jumping in front of the shotgun as it fired. I fell to the ground with a searing pain running through my left leg. I looked back at my leg to see a tear in the back of my pants leg with blood leaking out of a gash in the skin. Damn him! He actually shot me!

“BRIAN!” Chane screamed. I held up my hand to calm her down.

“I’m alright. The bullet only grazed me.” I assured stumbling back to my feet. I could hear Creed laughing mockingly at me.

“What was that all about Mate? Lambda said you were a ruthless demon that cared for nothin’ other than killin’. And yet there you go throwin’ yerself in harms way to protect those people.” ridiculed the bounty hunter.

“I hate to lose. That includes battles and friends, and ‘those people’ are friends.” I told him straightforwardly. Creed made a disgusted face at me.

“Hideous. Well you were fun while you lasted Mate, I’ll give you that. Finish this Dragon boy with Draco Meteor Flygon! Give him a taste of Super-effective pain!” Creed said sadistically. Flygon opened its mouth and began charging a massive green energy ball with swirling blue streaks around it.

“You forgot something.” I reminded. Just as Flygon blasted the massive energy sphere, Piloswine charged between me and it to take the attack. The mammoth pig winced and cried out in pain from such a powerful hit, put it would take more than that to defeat him.

“Now finish Flygon with Ice Beam!” I commanded. The Swine Pokémon snorted before blasting a frozen stream of air point blank at the Mystic Pokémon which already possessed a double weakness to the attack. Needless to say, Flygon wasn’t getting back up anytime soon.

“If that’s how ya want it, I’ll be happy to oblige Mate.” said Creed shrugging. “I could just blow ya up with a grenade this very moment, but if ya want to continue this battle, fine by me. It’ll be fun humiliatin’ ya. Crush ‘em Tyranitar!”

Emerging from the sphere was a large green two legged dinosaur-like Pokémon with long spikes running down its back, a long thick tail, a mouth full of sharp teeth, long sharp claws on its thick legs and arms, a blue diamond on its chest, and black stripes on its chest and legs. Like its previous brethren, Tyranitar wore a black collar. The Armor Pokémon threw its head to the sky giving a fierce roar that summoned a cloud of sand and dust to surround the area.

“Now Tyranitar! Attack with Rock Slide!” commanded the bounty hunter. Lifting its massive feet, the pseudo-legendary stomped at the ground several times to break it apart creating dozens of loosened rocks that went flying at Piloswine. The Swine Pokémon grunted in annoyance as each boulder hit its mark.

“Even up the playing field with Hail Piloswine!” I called. The mammoth boar shot a large ball of ice into the sky which served as a magnet to draw in thick white clouds. The clouds completely obscured the sun giving the battlefield a pale grey color. The fall of massive chunks of ice completely decimated Tyranitar’s Sandstream. With the Snowcloak Ability, Piloswine was able to completely fade into the scenery.

“Damn!” Creed spat. “Kick up a Stealth Rock to keep it from getting too far away Tyranitar!” The Armor Pokémon roared while giving the ground a powerful stomp that sent dozens of sharp spears of rocks shooting up to surround the arena. Too bad that didn’t protect it from a large chunk of ice smacking its back.

“No problem! Earthquake!” I called. Where ever Piloswine was in this storm, I heard him rear up and stomp the ground with incredible force. I winced as tremors tore up the earth beneath us. I had experienced the shockwaves of Earthquake many times, just never with an injured leg before. It was definitely not pleasant. Tyranitar roared as its own leg got caught in a small fissure created by the Earthquake.

“Quit yer whinin’! Counter attack with yer own Earthquake!” commanded the assassin. Oh not this again! The pseudo-legendary jumped in the air and landed with such intensity that the ground was once again shredded to pieces. My eyes widened and rolled at the obnoxious pain shooting up my leg.

“Alright Piloswine, time for Blizzard!” I decided. The Swine Pokémon inhaled deeply then blew a heavy wind that gathered several chunks of falling hailing. The frozen gale found its mark much to Tyranitar’s and Creed’s annoyance. To add insult to injury, T-tar also got hit in the head with a large chunk of hail.

“Oi! Find that blasted pig and use Stone Edge on it!” Creed ordered. Tyranitar roared as three blue rings surrounded its body. The rings magically turned into dozens of pointed rocks. With one final roar, the Armor Pokémon’s eyes glowed green and the rocks were sent flying. To my dismay, some were even heading right for me! I quickly jumped to the side to avoid them, but landed on my bad leg wrong and fell over again.

“Piloswine! Use Ice Fang!” I commanded struggling to get up again. Coming at the pseudo-legendary from behind, the exact opposite direction the Stone Edge was fired, was the wooly boar with his long tusks covered in ice. Piloswine made a slight turn in his charge to avoid the target’s back spikes and stabbed his tusks directly into Tyranitar’s vulnerable right flank.

“If Piloswine came from that direction, then you missed Tyranitar!” Creed shouted violently pressing the detonator again. Electric shocks were sent through Tyranitar’s body causing it to howl in agony. With his tusk still embedded in the Armor Pokémon, the only thing that saved Piloswine from getting shocked as well was being a Ground-type.

“Either way, now we got it up close! Hit it with Super Power!” the bounty hunter commanded.

“Get out of there Piloswine!” I yelled as Tyranitar’s body started glowing red. The wooly pig tried to retreat back into the safety of the storm, but the pseudo-legendary was faster and was able to attack Piloswine with a powerful glowing punch.

“We got it now! Use Iron Head!” shouted Creed triumphantly. Tyranitar gripped the Swine Pokémon tightly as its head shimmered metallic silver. Then it delivered a swift and merciless headbutt to Piloswine.

“Don’t let them win! Avalanche!” I called. Piloswine howled into the hail storm summoning a large pile of snow and ice to fall on the Armor Pokémon completely burying it. Not even two seconds later, the hail storm ended.

“Tyranitar! If ya ain’t fainted under all o’ that snow, use Dark Pulse!” commanded Creed. The pile the tyrant was buried under started shaking, then exploded in a burst of darkness as all that dark energy was focused into Tyranitar’s claws. The pseudo-legendary blasted the gathered dark energy at Piloswine causing the mammoth boar to fall over on his side unconscious. I quickly returned him before Creed could order anything terrible to be done to him.

“Well now, are ya ready to call it a day Mate, or do you want to keep up this charade?” Creed asked uncaringly. He knew that I only had one Pokémon left against his three. And I knew full well by now that he had no intention of freeing Axel so that I could use him in a fight.

“I’ll keep fighting until all my enemies are dead or until I am! Take over Snorlax!” I said confidently summoning the rotund bear. The Sleeping Pokémon plopped down on the ground and yawned as he left the comfort of his Ultra Ball. He was quickly woken up in a grumpy rage from the cuts he sustained from the Stealth Rock.

“So be it then Mate. Tyranitar! Take care of that thing with Giga Impact!” the assassin ordered. With orange streaks of energy flying off of its body, the tyrant charged at Snorlax. The collision was strong enough to move the half ton Sleeping Pokémon to the point that Snorlax was forcefully flipped over on his belly.

“We need to finish Tyranitar now while it recharges! Use Surf Snorlax!” I commanded. He had plenty of moisture to use for the tidal wave attack. There were dozens if not hundreds of hail balls still littering the field, not to mention the ground was still damp from Kingdra’s Surf earlier. All of those remnants were swiftly gathered underneath Snorlax allowing him to rise up with his massive wall of water. The pseudo-legendary was powerless to stop the tidal wave from crashing down on it. When the water receded and sank back into the sand, Tyranitar was knocked out on its side.

“Useless beast.” Creed berated as Tyranitar was dematerialized into a red light and summoned back to its ball.

“Die now!” I shouted. Before I could even move, Creed shot the ground in front of my feet leaving a small round hole where I was about to step.

“Oi! Stay where you are Mate!” he warned leveling the shotgun so that it was aimed at my chest. “You even think about attacking me again like that, and I’ll throw a grenade over at that net. I know how you ‘hate to lose’ and how sickenin’ly you care about those mongrels over there.”

“Curse you!” I snarled. The moment this guy drops his guard, I will rip him apart.

“Now whadda ya say we get back to business. I am still on the clock here.” the assassin said casually. “Rhydon! Pierce!” he called sending out his next Pokémon. Materializing from the red light was another dinosaur like Pokémon, this one with a thick stone grey hide, thick legs and arms with three clawed hands and two clawed toes, a long powerful tail, a tan belly, massive spikes on its back, and a long tan horn on its nose. As usual, Rhydon also wore a collar. The Drill Pokémon let out a deep roar while giving two stomps to the ground.

“This could be treacherous. Take a Rest Snorlax!” I told my Pokémon. Stealth Rock and Giga Impact had not been kind to him, and I had a feeling Rhydon would be a tough opponent. Snorlax yawned in preparation for his mid-afternoon nap. I watched as his breathing slowed until he was almost completely motionless.

“How stupid of you. Yer Pokémon is completely helpless now that it’s asleep!” Creed groundlessly criticized. “Rhydon! Take care of this thing with Rock Blast!” The bipedal rhino smashed its hands to the ground tearing out two large boulders. It then threw them at the sleeping Snorlax, who simply rolled over at the disturbance.

“Rhydon! Only two? You know the rules! Four or more times Dammit!” yelled Creed delivering electric shocks to the Drill Pokémon as punishment. “Four or more!” he shouted giving a second torturous shock to the already suffering Pokémon.

“Enough of that! Snorlax! Sleep Talk!” I commanded. No matter what attack Snorlax did, it would be better than what Rhydon had already endured. The still snoozing bear lifted his arms and started shaking them side to side in Metronome. He then got up to his feet and spun in a circle with his arms out stretched to clear away the Stealth Rock. Nice Rapid Spin. Too bad it did minimal damage to Rhydon.

“So you know Sleep Talk eh? Big deal!” spat the bounty hunter. “It won’t help ya beat me Mate! Redeem yerself with Hammer Arm Rhydon!” The Drill Pokémon lifted its arm over its head then slammed it onto Snorlax’s rotund belly. The Sleeping Pokémon choked from having the air knocked out of him.

“Keep up the Sleep Talk Snorlax!” I called. The half ton bear stirred in his sleep before beating on his chest. Crap! Not Belly Drum! While a very effective move, Snorlax still has roughly another minute before waking up, and anything can happen in that minute to finish him off!

“Guess the odds just ain’t in yer favor Mate. A shame really.” Creed taunted. “Finish Snorlax off with Earthquake!” Rhydon did as told by jumping up only about a foot or so, and landing with enough force to shake the whole arena. The tremors caused the Sleeping Pokémon’s flab to jiggle, but gauging how he simply yawned and shifted in his sleep again, I could honestly say he wasn’t down yet.

“Ok Snorlax! This will be our last Sleep Talk before you wake up again. Let’s make it count!” I encouraged. To my surprise, Snorlax got to his feet and ran right into Rhydon without hesitation. The Drill Pokémon roared in anger from the attack while Snorlax yawned and fell on his belly unconscious. And Double Edge. Of all the battles to have that kind of bad luck. At least with the attack boost, it did considerable damage to the two legged rhino. I returned Snorlax to his Ultra Ball while contemplating what to do next with Axel trapped. Any attempt I make to free him will result in one of us getting shot at or grenaded.

“Looks like yer outta usable Pokémon Mate. Tough break.” mocked the man hired to eliminate me. “You were fun while you lasted, but I have a job to finish and a paycheck to collect.” No choice! I’ll have to fight myself! To my horror, Creed pulled a grenade from his strap then yanked the pin out!

“Catch!” he challenged throwing the explosive at me. I began charging a Dragon Pulse in my hands hoping that I’d be able to blow it up in mid air again. Creed then lifted his shotgun and pointed it at me! A diversion! I heard the gun fire, then not even a second later the grenade exploded right above me! His marksmanship is either highly accurate, or this is the most interesting coincidence ever! I instinctively held my arms over my head to protect from any falling shrapnel while temporarily blinded from the light of the explosion.

“I got one more for ya!” I heard the assassin call. There was a clanking noise under my feet as another canister rolled up to me spewing out more smoke making it impossible for me to see anything. “Now finish the job with Horn Drill!” The sound of a spinning drill could be heard along with heavy stampeding footsteps. Emerging from the smoke came Rhydon with the horn on its nose spinning rapidly and aimed right for my heart. Was this the end? I held my arms out in front of me in one last desperate attempt at survival!

ATTACK!” A golden blur flew past me delivering two swift kicks to the Drill Pokémon’s face while avoiding the dangerous horn completely. Rhydon fell to the ground unconscious from the unexpected ambush. Standing at my side now like he had always been was a gold Infernape looking triumphantly at his felled opponent. “Miss me?” he asked cockily.

“Axel? H-how? How did you escape the net?” I asked in confusion.

I know Dig, remember?” he responded superiorly.

“Hey! Are you alright?” asked Zack running up behind me with everyone else. Obviously they used the hole Axel made for their escape as well.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’m glad you guys are safe too.” I said with a sigh of relief.

“I don’t believe this! How dare all o’ ya escape my trap!” yelled the assassin angrily.

“It’s over Creed! You don’t stand a chance against all of us!” Eve declared confidently. The bounty Hunter responded with a look of anger mixed with contemplation. Just like how I was a few moments ago, he was trying to figure a way out of this predicament.

“Actually, I’d like to finish this guy off myself. It’s me he wants, so it should be me who finishes him.” I resolved.

“A-are you sure? We’re all together now. You don’t have to fight alone anymore.” offered Chane.

“I understand. We’re here for if you need us.” said Raiden in understanding. The others tried to argue but there was nothing they could do now. My mind was already made up.

“Well ain’t ya a gentleman. Sparin’ the man who was about to kill ya.” Creed mocked readying his last Pokéball.

“I wasn’t sparing you. I just want to be the one to kill you!” I clarified.

“Whatever Mate. Finish the job Togetic!” he called summoning a small white Pokémon with tiny wings and hollow blue and red triangles on its body. Like al the others, Togetic wore a black collar, but unlike the rest, there was nothing fearsome about this Pokémon at all. In fact, the so called Happiness Pokémon looked to be anything but.

“How did a creep like you end up with a Togetic?” questioned Zack heatedly. “I’ve seen the way you treat your Pokémon so there is no way a Togepi would evolve in your care.”

“That’s because I stole it from my last target!” Creed responded proudly. “This Pokémon showed remarkable power in battle so I decided to acquire it for myself!”

“You have to save Togetic! They…. They get dispirited when they’re around someone mean!” pleaded Chane. In other words, it’s especially bad for this particular Pokémon’s health to be in this kind of situation.

“Axel! As soon as you faint Togetic get it away from Creed! This is a rescue mission now!” I commanded. “Flame Wheel!” The flame on Axel’s head went wilder than normal. Being an indication of an Infernape’s fighting spirit meant Axel was extra passionate about this fight. The monkey jumped in the air and spun himself into a large ball of fire that struck the Happiness Pokémon dead on.

“Ya wanna see the move that made me want this monster? Use Extrasensory Togetic!” Creed ordered. The chicken hesitated with a nervous expression. “Are you defying me?” the bounty hunter threatened holding out the remote with his thumb over the trigger as a warning. Togetic winced in fear, then held out its hands to initiate the attack. A pink aura surrounded Axel causing him to fall to his knees screaming with his hand on his head.

Make it stop! Make it stop!” he screamed writhing around.

“Hang tough Monkey! Use Hidden Power!” I called. The Flame Pokémon got back to his feet panting with a pale icy blue glow to his eyes. He held out his arms creating an orb of light the same color as his eyes in each hand. Then Axel spun his arms in a clockwise directing creating twelve identical orbs which quickly became balls of ice. He swiftly uncrossed his arms to send the dozen ice spheres at his opponent. Togetic cried out as each of the twelve balls hit it.

“The Infernape didn’t seem to like Extrasensory, so give ‘im another!” commanded the assassin sadistically. All Togetic did was whimper. “I order you dammit!” he yelled pushing the trigger. The not so happy Pokémon wailed in agony as the electricity coursed through its body. “Now attack!” The sobbing Togetic unwilling complied once again giving Axel another dose of psychic torture that had him rolling on the ground in pain.

“I bet you’ve had enough of that move, haven’t you?” I asked rhetorically.

Damn right I have! Give me the order to use Torment!” the Infernape confirmed. All I had to do was nod and Axel was running at Togetic. The monkey then back handed his opponent while making irritating noises. “Torment Bitch!” he yelled with a laugh.

“I don’t know what you just did, but it won’t save you! Another Extrasensory!” shouted the bounty hunter. Togetic whimpered as it instead sent dozens of unavoidable rainbow colored leaves flying at Axel.

“Burn them away with Ember!” I called. In a few short seconds the leaves were smoldering piles of ash.

“You damn creature! I ordered you to do Extrasensory, not Magical Leaf!” Creed growled rapidly smashing the detonator with his thumb sending countless shocks through the angelic Pokémon’s body.

“Stop it! Please stop hurting Togetic!” cried Chane practically in tears.

“Dumbass! That move Axel used was Torment! It means you’re Pokémon can’t keep using the same moves over and over again!” I clarified wrathfully.

“*Tch* Why didn’t you just say so then?” he responded in a light voice as if he hadn’t just been torturing his Pokémon. “Fly Togetic!” The chicken could barely flap its wings, but out of fear it managed to get airborne.

“This may sound unreasonable, but I want you to take the hit.” I instructed somberly.

So Togetic doesn’t suffer another electrocution right?” Axel questioned knowingly. I nodded. “Gotta love being a destroyer of evil.” he sighed sarcastically. The unHappiness Pokémon swooped down but, horrifyingly enough, missed us anyway!

“You worthless Pokémon! Don’t you miss! Don’t you ever god damn miss!” roared the assassin bestowing yet more unjust punishment to the hapless Pokémon. The screams were probably the most painful sounds I ever heard.

“You’ve done enough! Stop it now!” Chane continued to beg.

“Oi! Pipe down Girlie! This is how I train my Pokémon. If ya don’t like it, then don’t watch!” Creed spat.

“Enough of this now!” I shouted. “Axel! He can’t avoid both of us! Attack!” I command running at the assassin.

Yeah, but he sure as hell can shoot one of us!” Axel threw in even though he was doing exactly as I was.

“I thought you were smarter than that Mate!” mocked the bounty hunter pulling his last grenade from his sash. “Oh well, mission accomplished.” he said casually throwing it at me one the pin was out.

Not so fast!” called my partner batting the explosive back at Creed with Iron Tail.

“What the!?” he cried in alarm jumping out of the way. The grenade landed in the back seat of his jeep just in time to blow up the vehicle. “My car!!” he roared furiously. You’re a dead man Mate!” assured the bounty hunter getting his shotgun out to reload.

“Maybe, but not before you.” I retorted using the same words he had used on me earlier. In the time it would take him to prepare his gun, both Axel and I would be all over him. What we didn’t count on was him throwing his last gas canister at us to buy time. Of course it just had to be another dose of tear gas!

Gah my eyes!” Axel cried with his hands over his eyes. Through the smoke and the water my eyes had released as a defensive shield, I saw the barrel of the gun pointed right at me. I know I had told the others not to get involved, but really? I would think in this kind of situation they’d be all over him by now.

“G’night Mate.” I heard Creed say gently as if he were talking to a child. All of a sudden, Togetic came out of nowhere tackling Creed to the ground.

“No Togetic!” Chane cried knowing full well what was going to happen next.

“Who the hell do you think you’re attacking Togetic!?” yelled the bounty hunter kicking the angelic Pokémon. “I am yer master! Don’t you forget that!” Creed showed no mercy squeezing the controller to administer his punishment. “You defy me! You miss! You’re also probably so stupid you’d hurt yerself in confusion!” With every sentence he sent another heartless shock through the Pokémon’s body.

“Stop! Please stop! Don’t do this any more! Togetic has suffered enough!” she continued to appease.

“I said shut up!” the bounty hunter yelled turning his shotgun to Chane and not even hesitating to fire. In a cruel twist of fate, Togetic jumped in the path of the shot to protect her at the cost of its left wing.

“TOGETIC!” screamed Chane running to the fallen Pokémon.

“Useless waste.” Creed spat.

“No no no! You can’t die! You shouldn’t die!” she begged with tears falling from her face. Chane kneeled down picking up Togetic in her arms. “It’s not breathing… There’s no heart beat… You killed it. How could you be so cruel?” she sobbed.

“Because I don’t care about that worthless thing. You see this gold feather in my cap? It belonged to a shiny Pidgeot, the last Pokémon to defy me.” Creed said matter-of-factly. “But if you’re gonna be so bent outta shape over it, I’ll gladly send you to join Togetic.” With that he got a remorseless smirk and pointed the shotgun at Chane once more. “G’night Sweetheart.”

Before he could even attempt to touch the trigger, I had my hand wrapped around the barrel. “Have you forgotten who your real target was?” I growled vehemently. With all the strength my Dragon-Forme gave me, I bent the barrel upward so that it would never be able to fire another shot.

The look on the assassin’s face was one of fear, and I would make sure he felt more fear, more pain, in his last remaining moments to make up for everything he’s ever done. My first act was to slam my wrist into his nose. “Aw hell!” he screamed falling to the ground with his hands over his now broken and bleeding nostrils. In the fall his hat fell off showing that he was balding in the front. He instinctively reached for his useless shotgun, but I just kicked it away and smashed his hand under my feet getting another scream from him.

“Creed, did you know that if you get on my bad side I’ll destroy you?” I inquired not expecting an answer. “Let’s go over everything you’ve done to piss me off and get on that bad side! Pokémon theft!” I yelled kicking him in the face. I reached down picking him up by the collar. “Pokémon abuse and torture!” I punched him in the face followed by a swift kick to his stomach.

“Pokémon murder!” I grabbed him again and smashed his knee caps with kicks to the legs. I then threw him to the side like the trash he was. “As a bounty hunter, surely you’ve taken the lives of innocent humans as well!” I jumped up to deliver a kick to his rib cage. I chased him while he flew back, spun him around, grabbed his wrists, and planted my right foot on his back. “Associating with Team Rocket!” I tore his arms out of their socket then threw him to the ground again.

“But probably your greatest crime of all, the one I most absolutely will not forgive…” I reached down, grabbed his face, and lifted him up while digging my claws into his flesh. Draconic energy flared into my palm illuminating the terror in Creeds eyes. “Making Chane cry! Be gone now!” I yelled blowing his head off with a violent Dragon Pulse. The headless body fell from having nothing to hold it up anymore. In front of me was a triangle of splattered blood littered with fragments of bone.

My entire body still trembled with rage. “Damn you Creed! That wasn’t enough! I hate you so much I wish you were still alive so I could kill you again!” I yelled furiously. I forced myself to relax. Creed was gone and there was nothing that could be done about it now. Besides, I had a much more important matter to take care of. I walked back to Chane who was still crying over Togetic’s body. I crouched next to her and put my hand on her shoulder. “Are you going to be okay?” I asked worriedly.

“It’s not fair. Why do bad things happen to the ones who don’t deserve it?” she responded sadly. “It’s not fair!” she cried turning around to burry her face in my chest. I could already feel the tears soaking through my shirt.

“I know it’s not. It’s a crap sack world out there full of crime and corruption. That’s why we do what we do. The reason I’m in Team Neos is to eliminate people like Creed and Team Rocket. While we haven’t gotten any missions like this yet, I would also like to one day get rid of this corrupt government and legal system that lets those kinds of people exist. Maybe then people and Pokémon can live happily without fear.” I told Chane in an attempt to consol her.

“I want to do that too.” she responded in a grieving whisper.

“Hey. What happened?” Eve asked us with concern.

“You don’t know?” I questioned with slight annoyance. I didn’t even bother to look back at her since she should know this already.

“The police showed up to investigate reports of gun shots while you were still fighting. Kaguya, Raiden and I went to stall them. After molesting some female cops, Kaguya got arrested so Raiden has to go to the station and bail him out. I came back to check on you guys.” she explained.

“Creed’s dead but so is Togetic. As you can see, Chane isn’t taking it well.” I informed. From the corner of my eye, I saw Eve crouch next to us.

“It’s been a rough day. Let’s go to the hotel and rest.” she suggested kindly. Highly out of character for her, but in these situations it would seem even she can be nice.

“No. I… I want to give Togetic a proper funeral first.” said Chane pulling away from me wiping the tears from her eyes.

“Of course. Whatever you need.” I accepted.

*sigh* Well that's it then. I'm all caught up now so the next update will be whenever the hell I finish the next chapter. If you haven't figured out already who the next character chapter will focus on, I'll give you a hint. Her name starts with 'C'

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a really intense chapter, and chock full of in depth character development. This was really worth the wait in every way, I must say. Creed, while a oneshot character, was fairly interesting. His perspective of the world was obviously warped, but he clearly had the intelligence and training to back up his chosen path. Brian just got the better of him. (Never mess with the mutants. :D ) I also noticed some foreshadowing coming back up, with little hints here and there throughout your last few chapters. I'm looking forward to seeing what is to come, my friend.

*Gives the Psycho Monkey a brand new typewriter.* Have at it. ^_^

A

Anonymous

its good to be back! even if i did have to register again... but this new chapter more than made up for it. The Unthinkable is still my favorite, but this is a close second.
and creed, a terrible person. i would have liked for him to last a bit longer, but a point-blank dragon pulse to the face is a very interesting way to go.
great chapter, psycho. cant wait for more. ^u^

Did he, did Creed just?... Grrrrrrrrrrr. I would've liked Creed to stick around a little longer so you could kill him again and again and again and again. Six words for Creed. Go. To. Hell. You. F***ing. Scumbag.

Awesome chapter intense till the end, But I would've like to see Creed stay alive because he was an undeniable bad-ass even if he was a massive douche.

Wow, that was an awesome chapter! (Nice echo in here!)

I loled at the Assassin Creed thing :D But that was about everything I loled at in this chapter. I must admit, I feel a bit like Brian did after he killed the bounty hunter, that killing him wasn't enough. It's the ultimate punishment but he deserved something worse >:(

Psycho Monkey

General concensus: We have a love/hate relationship with Creed. We love his character and wish he could have stuck around longer, but he is so evil that we are glad he got his punishment. Really, it would have been impossible for Creed to be anything but a one-shot considering once he crossed paths with his target, one of them had to die. Better him than the protagonists right?

Fun fact that you guys don't know. I got the idea for this chapter a few months ago when my Togepi evolved into Togetic and I read the Pokedex data that says Togetic get disspirited when they're around someone unkind. Being the dark fic this is, I just had to implement that some how and the idea grew from there. Thus was born Creed, the evilest character to enter the story.

Also, it's about time someone noticed my pun! Thanks Weeds! :D

Creed's death was far too short - I say this not because his death should have been longer per se, but that Brian's viloence should have been more... detailed. Still, cute chapter.

Now get his kit off! D:<

Wow, that was....intense. Intense as usual, but tainted with a darker tone that I both love and hate. Love the Creed pun, I got it instantly, and is the Australian-accent thing a joke as well?

I feel so sad for the Togetic. And Chane, but the Togetic really depresses me. At first I thought they were going to rescue it and it would become Chane's pokemon, but then you killed it! ;_; Story-wise, it's a good twist, but a sad one too. Brian should have left Creed alive. Why? I'm sure life would be a bitch for a bounty hunter with no arms (not to mention he couldn't use that damn button!) or he could just slowly and painfully bleed to death, but that's my opinion. :p

Zack got arrested for molesting some cops. XDDDD After all the blood and hate, I really needed a good laugh.

Psycho Monkey

Tatile said:
Creed's death was far too short - I say this not because his death should have been longer per se, but that Brian's viloence should have been more... detailed. Still, cute chapter.

Now get his kit off! D:<

Ah thanks for pointing that out Tatile. I will have to work on keeping things fast paced without sacrificing too much description. And kit? I'm not really sure what that means...

Chibi said:
Wow, that was....intense. Intense as usual, but tainted with a darker tone that I both love and hate. Love the Creed pun, I got it instantly, and is the Australian-accent thing a joke as well?

Creed was actually going to be Scottish originally, but then I watched Rescuers Down Under while babysitting my cousin and McLeech just stood out as someone who had potential to become a hit man.

Chibi said:
I feel so sad for the Togetic. And Chane, but the Togetic really depresses me. At first I thought they were going to rescue it and it would become Chane's pokemon, but then you killed it! ;_; Story-wise, it's a good twist, but a sad one too. Brian should have left Creed alive. Why? I'm sure life would be a bitch for a bounty hunter with no arms (not to mention he couldn't use that damn button!) or he could just slowly and painfully bleed to death, but that's my opinion. :p

Sorry to say, but the chapters can't always have happy endings. It would get a bit clichéd if the five of them always came out on top without there being innocent casualties as well.

As for Creed's survival, if he had just been a slightly less sadistic assassin, Brian would have just beat the crap out of him and left him crippled so he couldn't kill again or get revenge. By torturing his Pokémon, he earned a no holds barred beat down and would have been left half dead. At that point it would be luck if Creed lived on. Threatening Brian's friends got him a death sentence. Killing Togetic and hurting one of Brian's friends (emotionally, but still) rose the stakes to the brutalizing slaughter you saw. Brian repays murder with murder. You kill his surrogate sister, you're dead. You kill a Pokémon and make his friend cry, you're dead.

Chibi said:
Zack got arrested for molesting some cops. XDDDD After all the blood and hate, I really needed a good laugh.
What Shado said XD

52Crossroads

Formerly Gya
i just feel bad for lambda when brian finally gets his fangs into him...(dum dum psh) he was already on his bad side, then he hires an assassin.
also, is killing becoming not enough for brian? or was it just creed?

Chibi said:
What Shado said XD
[/quote]

I know, but after being threatened with some crazy Australian bounty hunter who was tossing around grenades like popcorn and shooting shotguns at them, I was expecting Zack to show a little restraint. Jeez, hardly anything rattles him...except for hitting on a guy who looks like a girl anyway. :p

Chibi said:
Chibi said:
What Shado said XD

I know, but after being threatened with some crazy Australian bounty hunter who was tossing around grenades like popcorn and shooting shotguns at them, I was expecting Zack to show a little restraint. Jeez, hardly anything rattles him...except for hitting on a guy who looks like a girl anyway. :p
[/quote]

That'd be funny if the cop was that guy again

Psycho~ Kit means clothes :3

In the snow. Near a hotspring. Yummy.

Also violent scenes are just practice. I know I'm not very good at them myself, it's getting the balance of punchy sentances with gruesome description XD

You know what the most annoying thing about this chapter was? That I had to wait all day to read it! I saw it last night as just as I read the chapter name, my parents yelled at me to get to bed. And after reading the comment that this chapter would be even darker than The Unthinkable, that was painful. Ahem. Anyway...

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod! That was godly Psycho! Godly I say! I feel rather sorry for Chane and expecially Togetic. Not just because it died as well. First, it's trainer was killed, maybe even before it's own eyes. Then it had to put up wtih Creed and that bloody shock collar. Having to attack another Pokemon against it's will, then finally being shot. Add the fact that it's bad for a Togetic to be around a person who's constantly killing others and giving out negative emotions... Well you get the idea.

Did everyone except me notice that he had an Australian accent? Probably because I'm an Australian myself, so it was perfectly normal to me XD

Zach never fails ^^

Psycho Monkey

Too many quotes so I'll just do this way

@Gya: It was just Creed. It was one of those things where you hate someone so much that it feels like they're still getting off easy after a good thrashing and painful death.

@Chibi: You'd want to unwind after a hard day at work too right? Zack's way of unwinding just happens to be finding a girl to spend time with ::)

@Charmander: Not in this fic, if only for the reason that the games won't be in English until March at the earliest based on previous trends. I might throw in a new evolution to a current Pokemon, but only if said Pokemon is owned by a main character. And one of the cops was a guy, but his partner was female ;)

@Tatile: Well I have come up with some ideas of fanservice lately. Be patient and I'll give you what you want ;3

@Aura: Well I'm glad you got to it and liked it ^_^

As always, thanks for the comments everyone! :)

Hate having to have registered again...(I feel off-balance, like I have no idea what's going on anymore). I just re-read all of the chapters again for the lulz. I was hoping that you'd have RTN up again P_M

Yeah 29 is the latest c:

Edit: Also, FFFFF man. I started reading from the beginning of page 2 in this topic for fun and now I can't stop DX *light-hearted fistshake*

NITPICKING STUFF. In a spoiler for those uninterested. :c
Area's I refer to that need correction are bolded.In order of appearance:
~.~.~.~.~
In Chapter 19:
“Indeed.” I answered. No came the fun part.
- No is supposed to be "now"

In Chapter 20:
“Avoid with Agility!” my adversary ordered. Scyther turned into a green blur dodging right of Axel’s attack. “Now I’ll use Straptor!”
Staraptor, not Straptor.

In Chapter 21:
“The three of us will work on getting Chane stronger for her brother, you all can help me get laid -especially you ladies-, we can assist Brian in destroy the world, and Eve can have herself the time of her life doing all of that. Whadaya say?”
- destroy is supposed to be destroying.
-----
Their reasoning for doing this is of no concern to us; your objective is making sure theirs fails.
- Something seems off about this section, I can't figure what. Also, "fails" is supposed to be "fail"
-----
“Not yet you’re not.” I said vehemently. “Aerodactyl! Lunch is served! Ganbull or human?
- Ganbull is supposed to be Granbull :c
-----
“I fainted it.” Eve admit proudly.
- admit is supposed to be admitted.
-----
“She’s right though. You won’t get away.” Eve said confidently. On queue a black ghostly hand came out of the woman’s head.
- queue is supposed to be cue.

In Chapter 24:
But most importantly shrimp! On top of that, with me being there, they’re spending there money on a commoner!
- they're is supposed to be their.

In Chapter 29:
Draconic energy flared into my palm illuminating the terror in Creeds eyes.
- Creeds needs to be Creed's.
~.~.~.~.~
I'm sorry, I'm the spelling Nazi :| *runs*

Vibration said:
they’re spending there on a commoner!
- they're is supposed to be their.
~.~.~.~.~
I'm sorry, I'm the spelling Nazi :| *runs*[/spoiler]

I think you messed up on the bold.Here is the correct way in expanded form. "...They are spending their money on a commoner."

And Psycho, I hope you make a chapter that is even darker that chapter 29. Maybe Brian uses Dragon Pulse on Lambda's head next time... Or slowly torturing him works, too.

Psycho Monkey

Damn spelling errors! >< In my defense, the Pokemon names get caught by spellcheck anyway so I usually just ignore them unless I notice something horribly wrong. I can't help it that my keyboard is fickle and refused to add a letter :p

Maybe one day I'll fix those mistakes. Today just isn't that day. ^^

Yeah those errors are all ones you wouldn't get by the spellcheck XD

(all of them. :p)

More nitpickings below.
Chapter 6:
The Flame Pokémon balled his fist before disappearing in a golden blur. Axel landed his Mach Punch on Torterra’s jaw, then opening his fist, began Furry Swipes.
- Furry Swipes? :p

Chapter 10:
“Begin!” declared the Referee. On cue we both threw out our first Pokémon. Well to be accurate, Axel was too heavy to throw, so I morely told him to go kick some ass.
- Morely isn't a word, but merely is.
-----
“Hey give me a beak dude!” Cal complained.
- Break, not beak :C
-----
For the finally Axel spun himself into the air, then ended his flaming Rollout with his tail covered in a coat of metal which he slammed between Weezing’s two heads smashing the Poison-type to the ground and fainting it.
- Finale, not finally.
-----
“Just a bit more! Furry Swipes!” I shouted.
- Return of the furry swipes!

Chapter 11:
I placed a Pokeball and two Great Balls on the registry machine and like last night, my picture and the picture of my opponent, a female with short strait black hair and tanned skin, came on the screen with three question marked silhouettes representing the Pokémon we were using came on the big screen.
- Straight, not strait. :c
-----
On queue, the Emanation Pokémon opened his eyes and jumped out of the way leaving Politoed to land butt first on solid ground.
- Cue, not queue.

Chapter 12:
“I’ll join you for breakfast, but I’m bring the Lucky Charms I have stashed in my hotel room.”
- Supposed to be bringing.
-----
“Ursaring! Furry Swipes!”
- More Furry Swipes!

Chapter 13:
Riolu naturally new to avoid the attack and jumped back as Steelix penetrated the arena floor sending a mountain of dirt and debris up around him as the giant serpent went who knows how deep.
- Needs a k there.

Also, the "Spoiler for: Hiden" makes me cringe >.> *flees*

52Crossroads

Formerly Gya
no. someone in a tiger costume attacks you. ^c^
its okay psycho. when writing something this awesome, anyone would be too distracted to really care about spelling.

Psycho Monkey

What-the-hell-is-this-doing-on-the-second-page-my-god-you-people-have-been-busy-posting-stuff-lately! *deep breath*

So here's the latest of the greatest. The chapter title is actually the name of a song that plays a major theme in ths chapter. The song just adds so much more depth so I advise clicking the link and gving it a listen.

Chapter 30: Stand up, Be Strong

Things had been very quiet since we got to the hotel that night. Chane went straight to her room and hasn’t come out since. We decided it would be best to just leave her alone. While I made sure to get all my Pokémon healed right away after the battle, Axel still decided he needed a nap and was knocked out on the floor. As Raiden and Zack hadn’t come home yet, that left just me and Eve to do as we pleased.

To pass the time, she and I decided to play War so I got out my deck of cards. Sadly, I was losing with only three cards remaining in my hand. The top card I threw down was a three to her six. She took them. The next one I got was a five, but strangely enough, she threw down another six. I hope my last card gets me something! Ace or King, that’s all I need. Two!? Damn. I lost. Made worse by the fact that she got another six!

“How can this be!?” I cried jumping from the chair I was sitting in.

“Aw what’s wrong? It’s not the first time you’ve lost to me.” teased Eve innocently.

“No, not that. I don’t care that you beat me. You won with 666! It’s rare enough for three of the same number to be dealt in a row like that, but those three being possessed by you of all people is just creepy.” I said uneasily.

“It’s not my fault. You’re the one that shuffled the cards.” she passed off.

“Initially! The cards changed hands so many times after that, that it shouldn’t matter anymore!” I argued. Why we were arguing over a random occurrence was beyond me.

Suddenly, the door to the apartment opened with Zack, Lloyd, and Raiden coming in. All three looked like they had been through hell with Raiden looking as if he had taken the brunt of it.

“So how was prison Kaguya? Did someone make you their bitch?” Eve asked obnoxiously.

“No, but I did almost get to third base in my holding cell.” he responded proudly.

“With a prostitute.” Raiden added exasperatedly.

“Anyway,” Zack continued “we got interrupted by the guard because Raiden posted bail too soon.”

“After filling out a lot of tedious paperwork to free you and get your confiscated Pokémon back. Your bail was not cheep either. $2000 for sexually assaulting a police officer. On top of that, you are on probation. What the hell were you thinking?”

“I was helping. Would you have rather me get arrested for a silly misdemeanor or the police walk in on Brian verses Creed. I was a simple distraction.” defended Zack.

“Regardless, I am cancelling tomorrow’s mission. I will pass the intervention into Team Rocket’s drug cartel to a different squad of officers that work under me.” stated Raiden absolutely.

“What? Why?” I demanded. I know we had all had a rough day, but tomorrow was a new day meaning we should all be ready for the mission.

“I will tell you why. I am mentally strained, as I am sure you are, you were shot, Zack was arrested, and from what Eve told me over the phone Chane is not doing too well either. As of this moment, the team is in shambles and I doubt we can pull ourselves together in 24 hours for work. It is better for us all to rest.” he explained matter-of-factly.

“But Master Raiden, I’m fine. Look.” I said pulling off my shirt and showing Raiden my back. On my back over my right shoulder was a huge purple, yellow, and overall nasty looking bruise from the rubber bullet. “Nothing too bad right?” I sat back down to pull up my left pants leg. There were bandages wrapped around my calf where I had gotten shot for real. “It’s just a minor scratch. The bullet only grazed me so there’s nothing to worry about.” I assured.

“My decision is final. I am calling the back up squad now.” Raiden said completely disregarding my argument. I grumbled, slouching back in the chair. How annoying. I was really looking forward to the mission too after today. I was going to imagine all of the Rockets present as that sneering bounty hunter to vent my frustration on. Hopefully some sleep will clear my head.

“Come on Axel. We’re going to our room for bed.” I said tapping the monkey with my foot. He grunted irritably but followed me anyway. No sooner had we gotten into the room did he sprawl out on the floor and go back to sleep. I got undressed and did the same in my bed.
------------

The day was pretty boring leaving me with nothing better to do than read my Dragon book. It wasn’t until close to sunset when we were originally going to head out did Chane’s door finally open. She walked out dressed in her Team Neos uniform. At first I was confused, but then I remembered she hadn’t been at the debriefing last night.

“I- I’m ready.” said Chane nervously. She looked around noticing that none of us were dressed or even making an effort to prepare. “W-what’s going on?”

“Master Raiden called off the mission. Another squad of officers is going in instead of us.” I said irritably.

“Oh…” she sighed lowering her head. She looked disappointed about not getting to go, but it also seemed like there was something else to it. At that moment, Raiden and Eve walked in with our dinner; four large bags full of Chinese carry-out boxes.

Mmm… That smells good.” Axel said sniffing at the air. I agree. That does smell tasty.

“Chane? Why are you dressed in your uniform?” Raiden inquired when he saw her.

“I didn’t know we weren’t going tonight.” she responded distantly.

“Well either way, I am glad you are out of your room. Eve and I bought us and our Pokémon dinner.” said Raiden placing the bags on the table. No sooner had he started pulling out the boxes did his cell phone ring.

“Third Seat Raiden Arka speaking.” he answered. Must be work. I started sniffing at the boxes for my shrimp lo mien. “What?” shouted Raiden sounding startled. “Damn! Alright, back up is on the way.” he assured closing the phone. Looks like we’re going in after all.

“Team Rocket was expecting Neos to intervene so they set up an ambush. Get dressed!” instructed Raiden professionally. Yes! “Not you Brian.” he added when I got up.

“Why not?” I asked defensively with my head turned to the side.

“Your wounds have yet to fully heal. You need to rest.” Raiden told me bluntly.

“Have you forgotten? I’m a Dragon. These scratches are nothing. My book even says that Dragon-types can endure minor injuries.” I said proudly.

“It does not matter, you’re grounded.” he said unwaveringly. I was floored! Did he? Did he really just tell me I was grounded? Made worse by the fact that Eve was practically dying of laughter.

You got owned!” Axel teased.

“That’s just not right. Tough break man.” said Zack empathetically shaking his head.

“Then I guess I’m just going to have to sneak out.” I taunted throwing my arms out. Raiden gave me an unamused look before grabbing a Pokéball and sending out a blue canine Pokémon with spiky yellow fur on its ankles, head, and hips.

“Manectric, Thunder Wave.” commanded Raiden calmly. The Discharge Pokémon growled while a weak electrical current appeared around its body. It then barked sending the shock waves at me. The current moved through the air faster than I could react, hitting me right in the chest before surrounding my entire body. I felt like I should be screaming as a painful tingling sensation went throughout my body causing my muscles to stiffen and go numb.

“Damn… you…” I said weakly since I couldn’t move my jaw very well.

Hang on! I’ll grab some Cheri Berries!” offered Axel running for my room.

“Thunder Wave.” Raiden commanded again obviously knowing what the Infernape was up to. Just as Axel had reached the doorway to the room, he too was struck by the electric attack. The monkey grunted uncomfortably as his fate became the same as mine. “Chane, I want you to guard Brian. Axel too. At any moment their paralysis could wear off enough for them to cure it. They are both very cunning individuals that will most likely say or do anything to get to the battlefield. Do not let either of them out of your sight for a second.” he requested.

“O-of course.” Chane reluctantly agreed. “Brian, Axel. I’m sorry.” she apologized. Without further delay, the others rushed out in a desperate attempt to salvage the mission. Now was my chance.

“Chane. I need to go to the bathroom, could you heal my paralysis?” I inquired hoping to appeal to her good nature.

“I can’t. Raiden told me not to let you out of my sight.” she replied nervously.

“But I really have to go! Could you carry me there instead? You’ll have to take off my pants and get me all situated, but I’m sure you can handle it.” I persisted. As expected, Chane started blushing and stuttering.

“I-I’ll g-get you a P-paralyze Heal r-right aw-w-way!” she stammered running to her room.

You’re terrible.” Axel laughed fully aware that I was just using her. Although in my defense, I really did have to take a piss. Chane came running back with a yellow bottle full of a muscle relaxant that she sprayed me with. I soon felt the feeling return to my body; flexing my fingers to prove it.

“Thanks!” I said gratefully running to my room. After doing what I told her I would do, I changed into my uniform to do what I wanted to do. I also grabbed a Cheri Berry for Axel. It would be rude of me not to help my buddy.

“What are you doing?” inquired Chane warily when she saw me come out of my room. I smiled at her as I put the Cheri Berry in Axel’s mouth.

“The answer is quite simple really. We’re leaving.” I said casually once my Pokémon regained the ability to move.

“You… you tricked me? You used me?” she muttered hurtfully.

“No, I really did go to the bathroom. I just didn’t tell you the whole truth that I planned on going on the mission.” I justified. Chane responded by pulling out a Pokéball and pointing it at me.

“Raiden told me to keep you here s-so that’s what I’ll do!” said Chane trying to sound tough but I could still detect the uncertainty. I could tell that she didn’t believe she could actually stop me.

“Chane, Master Raiden told you to guard me and Axel and keep an eye on us. He told me to stay here, and while I respect Master Raiden, I don’t take well to authority.” I said walking toward Chane.

“S-stay back!” she commanded nervously. I stopped mid step giving a sigh. She had the right idea, but was showing too much fear and uncertainty. An enemy could easily take advantage of that so I better take this opportunity to help her with it.

“Tell you what Chane. I have a few questions I’d like you to answer. Depending on how you answer will depend on whether or not I stay put like a good boy or go off like the rebel I am.” I suggested. Chane slowly lowered the Pokéball in acceptance to my proposal. I’ll have to make this quick if I plan on getting to the Cinnabar port in time.

“Which is more important to you? Following Master Raiden’s orders or helping your friends?” I questioned holding out my hands for each option.

“My friends of course.” Chane responded warily trying to get a feel for what I was getting at.

“Friends who are putting their lives on the line this very moment. Friends who are out numbered and may be in trouble!” I pointed out.

“You’re wrong! I believe in Raiden, Zack, and Eve! You should have faith in them too!” she chided with a bit more fire. Progress.

“I do believe in them Chane. But I also believe that no matter how strong an opponent is, there is a way to beat them. We got an S.O.S tonight saying that Team Rocket ambushed a squad of officers showing that they have an organized plan!”

“But we’re organized too!” cried Chane.

“Yes. WE! As in the five of us!” I showed holding out my hand with my fingers wide spread. I put down my pinkie and thumb leaving three fingers. “Right now they are two members short. That means the three of them have a limited time to come up with new strategies to compensate for our absence, thereby weakening them! All the Rockets have to do is have a decent enough strategy and three more members of Team Neos are out of the picture.”

Chane lowered her head looking away. “You’re right… But… But I’m scared. What if we fail again? I don’t want anyone getting hurt.” I walked up to her and gave her a hug. She looked like she needed one real bad.

“If this is about Togetic, then don’t think about it.” I said gently “We win some, we lose some, but we can’t give up. If we do nothing now then Team Rocket wins anyway. If that happens, then more people and Pokémon get hurt, including Zack, Eve, and Master Raiden. If you don’t want people getting hurt, then you have to be the one who protects them.”

“But I can’t.” she sobbed. Looks like she needs more motivation. I released her from my hug and pushed her to the floor. “Ow! What was that for?” asked Chane starting to tear up.

“Stand up! Be Strong! And believe in yourself!” I ordered harshly. “And if that’s too hard, then believe in the me that believes in you! I won’t sit back and let you beat yourself up or talk down to yourself! I’d rather kick your ass before that happens! Now show me your strength!” At first Chane looked up at me nervously while I gave my rousing speech, then she smiled at me.

“Is it ok if I ask for help?” she inquired holding up her hand.

“Of course.” I said pulling her back to her feet. “Now we’ve wasted enough time here! Yoink!” I reached behind Chane’s legs picking her up in my arms. She started blushing turning her head side to side.

“Wh-what are you doing?” she asked nervously.

“Well I’m not staying here a moment longer, but I’m not leaving without you.” I said matter-of-factly. “Your choice, am I carrying you all the way or will you walk with me willingly?” I proposed.

“I-I’ll walk! J-just p-put me down please!” she requested timidly. I put her down then ran for the window. At this point flying was faster so I jumped out after throwing Aerodactyl’s Pokéball first. The prehistoric beast finished materializing just in time for me to grab his talon and climb onto his back. Axel jumped out right after I did to join us.

When we retire from Team Neos, you should be a motivational speaker.” the monkey suggested based on how I handled Chane. She came out flying next to us on Jace’s back.

“So what’s the plan?” inquired Chane sound much more confident. I didn’t know if that confidence was for me or her, but it mattered not. At least she was sure of something.

“Depending on how the others have done, I say we either wreak havoc or ambush Team Rocket and then wreak havoc. Regardless, we have to destroy their vessel and the cargo within. Whatever nasty stuff those crooks brought in from the Sevii Islands, we cannot allow it to be distributed in Kanto.” I devised on the spot.

Genius.” said Axel sarcastically.

When the docks on the eastern shore of the island came into sight, we were greeted by the aerial view of a circle of black behind some crates. In the center of the circle were three whitish grey dots and a blue dot on one end and two back dots on the other. Upon closer inspection, the circle became about a dozen Rockets and the dots were three members of Team Neos and a Golduck on their knees with their arms tied behind their backs while the other two must have been the Rockets in charge. It was plainly obvious that the captured ones were the rest of my squad.

“They… they’ve been captured!” Chane panicked in a whisper knowing we’d be spotted if she were any louder.

“Looks like it.” I said scanning the area. There were no signs of the team we were supposed to be assisting. Had Team Rocket already disposed of them?

“How does it feel to be betrayed by your own people?” interrogated one of the Rocket’s in the circle with a somewhat high pitched voice. His version of Team Rocket’s uniform had a high collar forming a V-neck lined with yellow, long white gloves that went to the middle of his upper arms, white boots with a red stripe near the top, and a loose white belt hanging off of his waist. Poofy green hair was sticking out from under the traditional beret Team Rocket wore. If it wasn’t for the red ‘R’ on his chest, I would have thought this guy was going to walk the runway at a gay bar.

“What do you mean betrayed?” Raiden questioned defensively voicing the very question that was on my mind.

“Isn’t it obvious Neophyte? You got sold out!” mocked the female Rocket that was standing with the male.

“In exchange for their freedom, the three we captured earlier agreed to send a false distress signal so that Team Rocket could capture a higher ranking member of Team Neos. Now which one of you is Third Seat Raiden Arka?” demanded the male who must be the leader of this group.

“That would be me. But it is rude to ask someone’s identity before giving your own.” answered Raiden.

“I am Executive Lance Proton, the cruelest and scariest member of Team Rocket!” Proton responded pompously. Another Executive!

“Chane.” I whispered over to her. “I’m going to cause a distraction. You have my back right?” I asked her.

“Of course I do.” she replied.

“Alright then.” I said taking Riolu’s and Beldum’s Pokéballs from my belt. “Axel, take these two and Aerodactyl to the Rocket’s ship and destroy it while I have them occupied. The ship is out of view from the ones below us, so you’ll only have to worry about any guards that were left on the ship.”

Won’t you need us?” the monkey questioned with concern.

“I’ll be fine. I still have Piloswine and Snorlax, plus Chane has my back. As far as I’m concerned we’re killing two Pidgeys with one stone. Now get moving!” I instructed getting up.

Be careful.” advised Axel. I nodded and jumped off Aerodactyl’s back. “Let’s go Aero!” the Infernape commanded once I was off the prehistoric Pokémon’s back. I landed center circle between Proton and my team in a crouching position. I winced as pain shot up my left leg. I guess I’m not as fully healed as I’d like to believe. I better do something to keep people from noticing. I quickly jumped to my feet.

“Thank you! Fuck you! The anti-hero has arrived!” I declared thrusting my right pointer finger to the sky while positioning my left hand on my waist to take a dramatic pose. Was this the best I could come up with? It’s awesome! I’ll have to remember this one!

“What the hell?” said the Rocket Executive in disbelief.

“You have got to be kidding me.” Eve stated unamused.

“Oh hey Brian! Nice of you to drop in.” said Zack cheerfully.

“You should be paralyzed.” Raiden pointed-out nonchalantly.

“Another Neos! Get him!” Proton shouted having finally regained his composure. Two grunts jumped into the circle tackling me to the ground. While I could have easily avoided them or taken them out already, I wanted to give them a false sense of security first. I also needed to buy time for Axel and my other Pokémon to destroy their vessel.

“You’re so hot Lance!” cried the female all fan-girlishly when he gave the order. Creepy fan girls.

“How are you not paralyzed? And where are Chane and Axel?” questioned Raiden unable to drop the subject.

“Leave Brian alone!” I heard Chane call as the two Rockets were picked off of me in Jace’s talons. The Pidgeot flew at a high speed throwing the grunts into the Rockets holding the rest of the squad hostage. I took the time for Jace and Chane to circle around to limp over to my friend and break their restraints.

“Chane is there being awesome, and Axel is on a special assignment with my other Pokémon.” I explained while untying them.

“You were limping.” Raiden observed in an I-told-you-so manner when I freed him.

“You should be glad I’m defiant. Who knows what could have happened to you guys if we didn’t show up.” I indicated in a take-that tone moving down the line to Eve.

“He has a point.” Zack defended when he was untied as well. Raiden simply sighed and shook his head. Jace landed center stage allowing Chane to dismount.

“How dare you interfere with Team Rocket! Do you have any idea who I am? I am Executive Lance Proton, the cruelest and scariest member of Team Rocket!” Proton yelled at her.

“C-cruelest and s-scariest?” Chane repeated nervously. Proton must have picked up on her timidness, for he smiled evilly.

“That’s right, and you, my dear, are my new prey.” he intimidated walking closer to her.

“Stand up, be strong! You can take this guy Chane! Just believe in yourself and your Pokémon!” I encouraged from the sideline after freeing Lloyd as well.

“Y-you’re right! I’ll fight!” she declared staring Proton in the face.

“You are not worthy to even breathe the same air as my Lance and you dare challenge him?” the fan girl questioned. “My love, let me teach this bitch a lesson in manners.” she requested from the Executive.

“I am not your love.” he corrected sternly giving the fan girl a dirty look. “But whatever, she’s all yours. The rest of us will stay back and watch. That goes for the rest of you Neophytes as well!” Proton told us forcefully. Is that the new slang term for us?

“I will show you the wrath of Team Rocket!” declared the fan girl getting out a Pokéball. “How was that Lance?” she asked with a big amorous smile.

“Just shut up and get to the battle already dammit!” reprimanded Proton aggressively. The fan girl flinched back, then gave Chane a hateful look.

“You made Lance scold me! You will pay! Get her Ekans!” she shouted angrily throwing the ball. Emerging from the capsule was a long purple snake with a yellow belly, a yellow ring around its neck, and a yellow rattle on its tail. The serpent flickered a forked tongue to get a feel for the battle while surveying the area with yellow vertical pupiled eyes.

“Jace, could you please you Air Cutter?” Chane requested. She definitely has a unique way of battling. Jace opened his wings to their full wingspan, then with one massive flap downward, sent spinning blades of wind at the Snake Pokémon. The serpent hissed in annoyance while shaking its rattle to emphasize its irritation.

“Slow that bird down with Glare Ekans!” commanded FG (Fan Girl). The serpent’s eyes grew more menacing. Once the eyes started glowing, Jace completely froze solid in the same manner that Axel and I were afflicted with earlier.

“Oh no! Jace!” cried Chane.

“There’s nothing you can do now! The fastest way to victory is to immobilize your enemy and then take them out with your strongest attacks! Ekans! Gunk Shot!” Ekans rose up with its head pointed straight into the air like a spear. A huge lump fromed in its body then gradually moved up into its throat. The Snake Pokémon jerked its head forward, coughing up a huge wad of brown sludge.

“Quick Attack!” Chane called. The eagle moved at incredible speed despite his handicap. Not only did he avoid Gunk Shot, but he also struck Ekans before it could regroup from its own attack.

“So that’s how it’s going to be. I will not let you embarrass me in front of Lance! Ekans! Hinder Pidgeot’s movements even more with Wrap!” FG ordered. I was quickly reminded of the fact that Ekans are a foot and a half longer than Pidgeots when the serpent constricted its long body around Jace creating a total of two coils while still having enough slack to move its dangerous head.

“Jace! You have to break free! Try… Try Aerial Ace!” our youngest member called sounding panicked. Unfortunately, her pleas went unanswered as Jace was too paralyzed to do anything.

“Sucks to be you! Now Ekans, Poison Jab!” FG commanded gleefully. After the Snake Pokémon’s rattle took on a purple glow, it impaled its tail into Jace’s abdomen. The Bird Pokémon cried out in pain, muffling out what I think was the frightened squeak of his trainer.

“Hang in there! Um… p-please try to use Wing Attack Jace.” requested Chane anxiously. The proud eagle struggled against paralysis and Wrap to break his wings free, but just couldn’t find the strength. “You can do it Jace!” she encouraged. The Pidgeot got renewed determination in his eyes allowing him to fully spread his wings and send the Snake Pokémon flying through the air. Ekans landed hard on the ground knocked out.

“Impossible!” yelled FG in denial.

“You did it!” cheered Chane giving Jace a hug.

“Don’t think you’ve won yet! I still have three more Pokémon you need to beat! Let’s go Ekans!” It was strange seeing an unconscious snake get replaced by a fresh one. It was almost like it got revived.

“Rest now Jace. Your battle is over.” Chane said gently as the majestic eagle dissolved into a red light to be returned to his ball. “It’s your turn Izzy!” With the toss of a Pokéball, the Breloom was instantly summoned to the battlefield. I’m not exactly sure why she would use a Grass/Fighting-type against a Poison-type, but I’m sure Chane has her reasons.

“Use Glare on that thing Ekans!” FG commanded. Just like the previous Ekans, this one’s eyes started glowing striking Izzy with Paralysis. For a grunt, this girl has a pretty effective strategy.

“Hang on Izzy! I know you can win!” Chane comforted. “Please try to Tackle!” The Mushroom Pokémon attempted to step forward, but her movements were sluggish and stiff only allowing her a few steps until FG took the opening.

“Wrap it up Ekans!” she ordered mercilessly. The Snake Pokémon slithered at Izzy, eying up its victim for the best way to strike. When in range, the serpent rose up to the Breloom’s height of about four feet then coiled itself around her body. Since Izzy was both smaller and slimmer than Jace, Ekans was able to make a total of five coils around her body.

Too bad for Ekans, Izzy’s natural defense mechanism of Effect Spore kicked in. A fine yellow powder sprinkled down from her mushroom head onto the Snake Pokémon sharing the paralyzed status with it as well. I guess today has just been a day for paralysis.

“Could you do a Headbutt now?” requested Chane. The Mushroom Pokémon tilted her head back, then slammed it into Ekans’s face which was mere inches from hers. The rattle on the serpent’s tail started shaking vigorously out of anger as it glared viciously at Izzy.

“Do it Ekans! Point blank Gunk Shot!” demanded FG evilly. Ekans made a gagging sound as a lump of unpleasant things moved up its throat. In one nauseating hack, Izzy was shot in the face with a lot of Super-effective crap. Literally.

“Be strong! U-use Counter!” Chane told Izzy sounding as if she was about to cry. After freeing her arm, Izzy grabbed Ekans by its shaking tail, forcefully ripped the serpent off her body, spun it around like a rope, the smashed Ekans to the ground like a whip. Do I even need to say Ekans is out cold?

“I’m sorry Izzy. I’m so sorry.” she whimpered calling back the Breloom.

“It’s a Pokémon battle Chane. Your Pokémon will get hurt, maybe even faint. Plus you have to remember that you’re fighting Team Rocket. They fight dirty.” Eve reminded remorselessly.

“I know, but…”

“The important thing is that they’re ok. Nothing a visit to the Pokémon Center and rest won’t fix.” I said supportively.

“What a weak little girl! Cries every time her Pokémon get hurt!” ridiculed FG.

“If she’s so weak, then why are you losing?” Proton reprimanded crossing his arms. FG looked as if she had just been punched in the stomach and swallowed her tongue as a result. Then she became even more violent looking then before.

“I hate you!” she yelled at Chane. “Gloom! Come out and use Poison Powder on that stupid bitch!” FG ordered summoning a short blue creature with thin arms and legs, a red four budded flower on its head with four red leaves hanging down, and an almost constant supply of drool dripping from its mouth. Perhaps though, I should be saying ‘she’ due to the large size of the white dots on the Gloom’s flower.

As soon as the Weed Pokémon appeared, a horrible stench filled the air causing all of us to choke. On top of that, it was shaking its head at Chane releasing a stream of purple spores! I heard the bursting sound of a Pokéball opening a second before a crescent moon materialized in a white light in front of Chane to take the attack.

“Luna… You saved me. But now you’re poisoned!” cried Chane.

“Just end the battle quickly and it’ll be fine. You’re doing great so far.” I encouraged.

“When are you going to evolve that hideous thing? Everyone of us was pleased the day Arianna evolved hers because we no longer had to deal with that insufferable odor!” Proton lashed out at the same time we were talking.

“I’m sorry Lance! I haven’t found a Leaf Stone or a Sun Stone yet!” FG justified in a whining voice.

“You can win Luna. All you have to do is use Psychic!” Chane told the lunar creature supportively. A loud cosmic howl came from Luna as its body and eyes were enveloped in a pale pink aura. The same glow appeared around Gloom causing her to shriek and fall to the ground writhing in pain. “Stop the attack Luna! That’s too much!” pleaded the young trainer. In an instant the Psychic assault was ended.

“Well aren’t you generous! Too bad I’m not so nice! Get that energy back with Giga Drain Gloom!” FG ordered gleefully. Three green tendrils of energy shot from the Weed Pokémon’s flower that wrapped around Luna’s body to drain its energy while restoring Gloom’s.

“I won’t let you do that! Heal Block Luna!” called Chane. The Lunatone’s body started glowing pink again, this time cancelling the effects of the Giga Drain. Most of the effects anyway. Luna still suffered serious damage from the attack and poison, but Gloom remained in rough condition as well.

“Foolish girl! Taste Petal Dance!” commanded the Rocket Grunt. Red petals shot out of Gloom’s flower as the Grass-type spun in circles while throwing out her arms and legs in some kind of strange tribal ritual.

“Protect yourself Luna!” the kindest member of our team told her Pokémon. A hazy pink barrier surrounded the Meteorite Pokémon deflecting each of the red petals. Luna was also getting noticeably weaker from the poison. “Be strong!” Chane encouraged.

Lunatone have the appearance of being emotionless, but I’m sure the strain Luna must be going through from poison and keeping up the Protect must be exhausting. Luckily, it was able to maintain the Protect long enough for Gloom to get confused, obvious to how she tripped over her own feet during Petal Dance. The Weed Pokémon fell flat on her face but continued to shoot out petals doing further damage.

“Get up Gloom! You can’t lose yet!” FG demanded. Too bad for the Rocket, Gloom had already fainted herself with her own attack.

“Rest now Luna. You earned it.” Chane told Luna as she recalled it. FG seemed just about to freak out.

“Dammit! I only have one Pokémon left! Don’t fail me Oddish!” she shouted sending out a smaller, armless version of Gloom that wasn’t drooling and had green leaves on its head rather than a red flower.

“She said this is her last Pokémon. Do your best Celia!” encouraged Chane releasing the butterfly from her Pokéball. The smaller red dot at the top of her wings was the subtle indication that Celia was female if the name didn’t already give it away.

“Start us with Silver Wind please!” she called. Once Celia’s wings began glowing a bright silver color, she rapidly flapped them sending dozens of silver blades flying through the air at Oddish. The Weed Pokémon shrieked as the blades sliced it up. For half a second, Celia’s entire body glowed silver showing it got the boost from the attack.

“I won’t be beaten this time! Some how your Pokémon have survived Paralysis and Poison, but they can’t fight back if they’re asleep! Sleep Powder Oddish!” commanded FG as if she had already won. Oddish shook its head creating a cloud of blue dust.

“Celia! You have to get rid of it some how! Try Whirlwind!” Chane suggested. The Butterfly Pokémon flapped her wings madly whipping up a powerful maelstrom in seconds. The debilitating particles were gathered up by the gale, and in a strange twist that could hardly be planned, the Sleep Powder rained back down on its creator putting Oddish to sleep.

“No way! Wake up Oddish! Wake up you damn Pokémon!” FG screamed.

“It’s over now. I won’t attack a Pokémon that can’t defend itself.” Chane said adamantly. “Please call it back now.”

“I will not! Oddish isn’t fainted yet so I still have a chance if it wakes up! Wake up dammit!” Still there was no reply from Oddish.

“Alright enough of this! Use Flamethrower on both of them Weezing!” Proton commanded suddenly. I hadn’t even noticed him call out his Poison Gas Pokémon until it was blowing out a long stream of fire on both Oddish and Celia.

“Oh no! Celia!” cried Chane calling back her Beautifly before she could receive any more damage. Oddish wasn’t as lucky, but at least it was only fainted. I would hate to see Chane go through another break down.

“What are you doing Lance? I had her!” shouted FG in dismay. Proton gave her a fearsome look like he had had enough of her. Rather than responding with words, he out right slapped her with the back of his hand knocking her to the ground. The entire crowd of Rockets gasped in horror at their leader’s ruthless display of force.

“What am I doing? Is that any way to address your superior!? If you must know, you were taking too long! This girl has single handedly defeated all of your Pokémon without even one of hers fainting!” Proton paused to take a breath “Then again, this is my fault. I should have known better than to let a useless bimbo like you handle such a simple matter.” he said calmly. The Rocket Executive looked down at his now crying grunt with a wrathful gaze in his eyes. “Now get out of my sight.” With that order, FG got up and ran away with her face in her hands echoing loud sobs. Once she was gone, Proton turned to Chane with the face of a predator.

“Now it’s your turn Dear.” he said with a frightening smile. Chane was visibly trembling.

“You’ve got this! The executives are surprisingly weak, and we’re right here if you need us!” I reminded supportively.

“Hold your tongue boy! You know nothing of Team Rocket’s true power, let alone mine!” he shouted. Then he got a sinister smirk. “Perhaps I shall demonstrate my power by destroying this girl. Send out a Pokémon so that we may do battle!” he ordered Chane.

“L-Lucy! Help us!” she called throwing a Heal Ball. From it came a light pink egg shaped Pokémon with stubby limbs, stringy hair on her head, an egg pouch on her stomach, and the kindest expression a Pokémon can have. The very sight of the Chansey gave Proton a lustful grin.

“I know what I’ll be taking home tonight! A Chansey should give me major points with the Boss!” Proton deluded himself happily. “Weezing! Use Sludge, but don’t damage the goods!” The Poison-type hacked up a disgusting blackish purple glob of filth.

“Light Screen! Hurry!” called our youngest. Lucy threw out her short arms instantly creating a transparent pink shield that warped around her body like armor. The Sludge splattered on Lucy but with less intensity thanks to Light Screen.

“That won’t protect you forever! Double Hit Weezing!” Proton ordered.

“Defense Curl Lucy!” Chane requested. The Egg Pokémon curled her body into a tight ball just as Weezing beat on her with both of its large heads.

“Defend against this then! Poison Gas!” shouted the Executive getting angry. A noxious purple smog spewed out of Weezing’s pores. Lucy started coughing as the poisoning took effect on her.

“Heal yourself with Refresh Lucy!” Chane told her. Lucy out stretched her arms as her body took on an angelic white glow and her expression became peaceful. Proton screamed in irritation.

“Well no matter, Weezing still has taken no damage so all I have to do is gradually wear that Chansey down before it belongs to Team Rocket! Now Weezing! Use Sludge Bomb!” ordered Proton confidently. The Poison Gas Pokémon once again blasted the putrid ooze from its body, but this time it was thicker and in a greater quantity.

“Try a Safeguard now!” suggested Chane. Lucy moved her arms in a circle creating a white halo that would protect her from any future poisoning. Since Light Screen was still in effect, Sludge Bomb was met with the same results as Proton’s other attempts.

“*Grrr* Weezing! Flamethrower!” The Poison-type unleashed another long tongue of fire that whipped Lucy, but she seemed unaffected by the attack.

“I would feel better if you used Substitute.” said Chane assuringly. The Chansey complied by instantly creating an exact replica of herself. The Executive growled again, but then started to laugh.

“I think I finally figured you out. You’re too scared of me to fight back! Either that or your Chansey has no attacking moves, and her only use to Team Rocket is that it is such a rare collectable.” he said haughtily.

“You’re wrong! Lucy isn’t some collectable! She’s my friend! She has thoughts and feelings just like you! I- I won’t let you take her away!” Chane shouted defiantly.

“But you are scared. You’re shaking.” Proton acknowledged superiorly.

“Y-yes. B-but I still won’t let you beat me! I- I need to win! Please use Return Lucy!” At last! Chane’s fire is awakened! Lucy’s fist took on a bright white glow as she lobbed a powerful punch to Weezing.

Arriving from above just in time to watch was Axel, landing right next to me. A few nearby Grunts jumped back in alarm, but Proton and Chane remained focused on their battle. He gave me Aerodactyl’s Pokéball so that I could return the flier without him interrupting the match.

“What took you so long? Come to thing of it, why didn’t I hear an explosion?” I asked.

Well the ship’s destroyed.” replied the monkey ambiguously as if there was something he wasn’t telling me. I decided to let it go for now since I didn’t want to miss any of the battle.

“I won’t be taken so easily! Demolish that Substitute with Assurance Weezing!” commanded Proton. The Poison Gas Pokémon did a full body assault on Lucy’s replica completely tearing apart.

“I think you should heal yourself with Softboil now Lucy!” Chane suggested. Lucy pulled the egg from her pouch and took a bite out of it. Within seconds the Chansey looked fully revitalized.

The abrupt sounds of cracking glass could be heard putting a temporary hold on the combat. Lucy’s Light Screen faded back into view covered in dozens of fractures then completely shattered.

“Well look at that. Use Sludge Bomb before they get another one back up!” Proton ordered triumphantly. Once again, Weezing blasted a massive glob of shit from its mouth. This time however, the Egg Pokémon looked like she was feeling the effects of the powerful attack.

“You can do it Lucy! At-t-tempt Th-Thunder Bolt!” stuttered Chane.

“Relax! You’ve got this!” I called while the Chansey’s body began sparking with electricity. Lucy yelled releasing numerous high voltage lightning bursts at Weezing creating a loud crackling sound and the scent that lasts in the air after a thunderstorm. The Poison Gas Pokémon cried uncomfortably but seemed otherwise fine.

“Got this? Ha! This girl is on her last leg and falling fast. Witness the wrath of Team Rocket! Giga Impact Weezing!” commanded the Rocket Executive victoriously. Weezing made an intimidating cry as it charged forward at full speed causing its body to glow red with power.

“Endure Lucy!” cried Chane desperately. The Egg Pokémon braced herself for the attack just as Weezing collided with her. Chane’s lucky stars must be shining tonight as Lucy was still standing, though barely, and Weezing would be immobile for a few seconds while it recharged its power.

“I… I think I just won!” Chane cheered excitedly. If I could see her face under that hood, I’m sure she’d be smiling for the first time this battle.

“You haven’t won anything yet!” rejected Proton unconvinced.

“Watch. Lucy! Please use Endeavor!” Chane asked politely. I started laughing at the beauty of it all. Lucy beat the crap out of Weezing until it was in the same barely conscious condition she was in. Even so, the Poison Gas Pokémon had all but shaken off its fatigue from Giga Impact meaning Lucy was in big trouble unless Chane had some sort of plan.

“It’s over now! Finish Chansey off with Sludge Bomb!” Proton commanded.

“Hurry! Endure again!” she called. That was her plan!? Lucy put up her best guard, and with enough concentration, miraculously survived the attack! “Now quickly! Use Egg Bomb!” While Chane did have the sense of urgency to her voice, I could detect a slight hint of the inner strength she was lacking earlier. About damn time!

Lucy pulled the egg back out of her pouch and threw it at Weezing. What had the appearance of a soft edible egg, turned out to be a high octane explosive that went off upon contact with Weezing. The Poison Gas Pokémon gave one final cry as it collapsed to the concrete docks unconscious.

“You did it Lucy! You won!” congratulated Chane proudly as she gave the Chansey a hug. Their moment was interrupted by the furious growl of Proton after he called back his Pokémon.

“I told you, didn’t I? You haven’t won anything yet! Destroy her, Golbat!” roared the Executive summoning the giant Bat Pokémon. “Use Poison Fang on that irritating girl so we can claim her Chansey!”

“No!” Chane refused defiantly as she returned Lucy to the safety of her Heal Ball, only to realize that she now no longer had protection from the Golbat. “Help!” she pleaded looking right at me. Wish granted!

“Blitz!” I commanded quickly not even bothering to finish the attack name. Axel blazed into battle like a comet colliding with the Bat Pokémon full force just as it was looming over Chane’s head. She had dropped to the ground with her hands over her head for protection.

“Thanks Axel.” she said gratefully giving him a hug after standing back up. “Take it from here Kermit!” she called sending the Water-type out of a Net Ball.

“I told you not to interfere!” Proton yelled at me. I stuck out my tongue and stuck up my middle finger while Axel skipped back to me. “You too will suffer the wrath of Team Rocket! Golbat finish that Azumarill quickly so that we can dispose of the rest! Air Slash!” The Bat Pokémon shrieked while karate chopping the air with its wings. Blades of wind sliced through the air cutting at there target.

“Hang in there Kermit! Once we win, we can all go home. Let’s go with BubbleBeam!” encouraged Chane. Finally, victory after victory, she realizes she can win. Kermit opened his mouth rapidly firing numerous bubbles like a machine gun. Golbat shrieked as each bubble popped around and in its giant mouth.

“If you hadn’t already guessed, I am very fond of this next move. Blast it with Sludge Bomb Golbat!” Proton ordered. Nasty looking blackish purple sludge bubbled up in Golbat’s mouth until it almost overflowed from its bottom jaw. At that point, the Poison-type splashed all of it out with its long tongue bathing poor Kermit in the filth.

“I’m sorry Kermit, I should have thought of this sooner!” apologized Chane. “Heal yourself with Aqua Ring!” The Aqua Rabbit Pokémon sprayed a stream of water around his head forming a watery halo. Droplets of the life giving liquid gradually dripped down to restore Kermit’s health.

“You are grinding on my last nerves! Golbat! Drain the life out of Azumarill with Giga Drain! Make sure you suck every drop it has to give!” the Rocket Executive commanded.

“Oh no! Defense Curl Kermit!” Chane called worriedly. Kermit curled himself into a dense ball, but it didn’t matter to Golbat who took a huge bite out of him anyway to drain him. “N-now Rollout!” Oh she is good! With a bit of shaking back and forth, Kermit was able to build up the momentum to completely run over the Bat Pokémon.

“Stop that thing with Aerial Ace!” commanded Proton. Golbat flew into the spinning Water-type doing more damage too him, but got flattened again as Kermit’s momentum and speed increased.

“I should have done this sooner! Fly Golbat!” ordered the Executive. With a shriek of agreement, Golbat took to the sky out of Kermit’s range. The Aqua Rabbit Pokémon ceased his attack in preparation to defend against Golbat’s next. The giant bat dive bombed with a vengeful look in its eyes.

“Try to jump back and use Hydro Pump!” suggested Chane hopefully. Kermit did as told, narrowly avoiding the Bat Pokémon. As soon as he was on his feet, Kermit blasted a powerful torrent of water from his mouth. The blast smacked into Golbat carrying it through the air until colliding with a pile of crates. If that wasn’t enough, the impact knocked the crates over falling right on top of Golbat.

“No!” Proton shouted seeing his Pokémon fainted under a pile of broken wood. He recalled Golbat, then punched the nearest grunt out of frustration. He turned back to Chane with a murderous look on his face. “You have only made the wrath of Team Rocket grow!” he yelled pointing to her.

“I… I’ve beaten you. Please leave now, I… don’t want to fight any more!” Chane insisted shakily. Proton only grinned evilly with a light chuckle.

“You have defeated me, but are willing to let me go because you don’t want to fight any more?” he laughed. “Ha! I may be out of usable Pokémon, but I can still fight you little girl!” threatened Proton reaching for something concealed in his back pocket.

“Don’t move!” I warned fiercely holding a duct tape covered Pokéball in my outstretched arm. Axel may already be on the field where all I have to do is say the word, but it’s more threatening when you’re pointing something at your target. Eve, Zack, and Raiden did the same with their Pokéballs.

“We’re respecting our friend’s wishes by letting you all go, but don’t the wrong idea about us. We’re not as gentle as she is.” Eve warned.

“Unlike you Rockets, we look out for our own. We will show no mercy if a comrade is in danger.” Zack added.

“If you do anything to hurt her, we will show you the full force of Team Neos. Now do as she requested, and leave.” finished Raiden. Proton looked at each of us one by one with a malevolent glare. He made the right choice by throwing his arms in the air, even if he had a conceited grin while doing so.

“Fine. The battle’s over, victory is yours, woo hoo.” he mocked. “Come on Rockets, they’re giving us a get away free card so I suggest we live it up. We’ll go back to the ship and distribute our cargo at a different time and place.

“Your ship’s toast!” I laughed. The Executive turned to me with a look of confusion and fury. “My partner Axel here and my other Pokémon completely annihilated it!”

Actually, no we didn’t. The boat was destroyed when we got there, it wasn’t us.” explained the Infernape sounding concerned.

“Ahhhhh FUCK!!” screamed Proton. “You haven’t seen the last of me! I will have my revenge! My wrathful revenge!” He punched another Grunt (might have been the same one) and walked off.

“What do you mean it wasn’t you?” I whispered to Axel so the others wouldn’t hear.

Just as I said, the boat was already destroyed. The wreckage was strange too. Riolu said he sensed a horrifying aura nearby. You think it might have been Missingno like Chane said?” he wondered.

“Doubt it. It may have been our betrayers getting back at Team Rocket. Either way, we’ll keep this under our hoods for now.” I said. I walked up to Chane who was standing where she had been all battle.

“I did it. I did exactly as you told me and I won!” she said proudly throwing back her hood.

“Yeah you did! And let me tell you, you were awesome!” I congratulated.

“R-really? N-no I wasn’t that good.” she said modestly while blushing a little. Zack popped in and threw his arm over her shoulder.

“Are you kidding? Brian’s right! You were kicking ass and taking names and kicking more ass!” he cheered.

“Yes, all hail Chane for making the rest of us look bad!” Eve said sarcastically sounding irritated.

“I- I’m sorry.” Chane apologized unnecessarily.

“Don’t be! Eve’s just mad because she got ambushed and man handled!” teased Zack.

“No, I believe what Eve meant to say was that you have shown just how formidable an opponent you really are Chane. You defeated an Executive of Team Rocket and a Grunt without the loss of a single Pokémon. The same Executive who successfully captured three members of Team Neos, one of them a Third Seat. That takes talent and finesse. Well done Chane.” Raiden praised.

“S-stop… I just…”

“You just stood up, were strong, and believed yourself!” I interrupted. “In doing so you beat a Rocket Executive and his lover! That is worthy of praise! Now admit you’re awesome! Admit it!”

“Ok, ok. I’m awesome.” she agreed modestly.

“Good. Now forever hence believe yourself!” I instructed.

“I will.” agreed Chane smiling.

Our little girl's growing up :'D

Cheesy chapter was cheesy P:

Good to see though that Brian isn't always terribly violent, at least not when it comes to Chane. Might I see some (unrequited) love blossoming? Know you Psycho, probably not.

Psycho Monkey

Unrequited indeed. Chane has herself a schoolgirl crush on our self proclaimed Anti-hero and he remains blissfully unaware. As far as Brian goes, he looks out for her out of instinct. When they first met, Brian recognized Chane as a baby bird, someone who needs protection and guidance until she can fly on her own. Chane likes getting the attention because she knows it means he cares. Of course any love Brian has for Chane would end up becoming platonic.

What amuses me though is that you both found this chapter to be funny. I was trying to go for a serious crowning moment of awesome with some shenanigans thrown in because the characters can never behave themselves. I guess I tried too hard :p

Awww, how...how...CUTE!! It's so cute to see Chane standing up for herself, and it's even better watching her battle since we don't see a lot of that.

I'm probably paying too much attention to that already-destroyed ship, but I reeaaallly don't think the Neos destroyed it.

Yay, I'm finally caught up ^^

We get to see Chane in action! Excellent ♥ I'm horrible about commenting, but I really liked this chapter. And in spite of the fact that you didn't mean it to be funny, it did have its lol moments like poor Chane being tricked into healing Brian of paralysis. I was glad Chane stood up for herself and proved her awesomeness. Like Chibi (who beat me posting because I'm so slow XD), I'm very intrigued about the already already destroyed ship.

But I do have one thing to say: Is my brain messing with me or did you use both Proton and Lance to refer to Proton? Did you mean to do that?

Good chapter as always even if it was corny. It was good to see Chane stand-up for herself with Brian's help. Do I sense some character growth here.

Psycho Monkey

Yes Carmen, I did use both names. I made his name Lance Proton using Proton as his surname and Lance as his first. While writing this chapter I've decided that Lambda's full name is Petrel Lambda meaning he only gave his last name in his appearance. I haven't decided what I'll do about Archer or Arianna yet, but I still have a while to think about them.

The Rocket's ship was intentionally made to be ambiguous. Who destroyed it? The Neos traitors, is Missingno real and it was the cause, or was it something else? It's meant to be a mystery that the reader decides for themselves. Gotta leave some stuff up to the imagination after all ;)

I agree with everyone that Chane is absolutely adorable ♥ You won't see her getting pushed around as much after this. So far she has the most developed backstory of all the main characters which will be explored in Vol.2.

Thanks for the comments everyone! They are always appriciated :)