• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Recipes for sharing?

I thought this might be a good idea.
Basically, if you can, share your favourite recipes. No real restrictions here, unless one of the Staff says so.

So, here's mine:
(Malawian) Peanut Futali (taken from my sister's book)

Serves 4-6. Prep time is 5-10 minutes, cooking about 15.

Requires: 4 medium Sweet Potatoes, 60g peanut flour.

You'll need a large saucepan of boiling water to chuck the potatoes in. Peel and cut the taters, they don't need to be small, just masable size. Cook them in the water until they're tender, which just means until you can poke them without getting much resistance in the fork.
Pour the water off, I don't really care where, I suppose you could use it for gravy flavouring... though why you'd want gravy with this is beyond me.
Slap in the peanut flour and mush it all together. Keep going until the mixture is mostly dry and looks like sticky mashed potatoes (which are orange, of course).

Now, Peanut Flour isn't the easiest thing to get hold of, so what I did was pound 60g of blanched peanuts in a pestal and mortar until I got a fair bit of flour and didn't have the energy to continue. I added some cornflour to make sure it'd work as a flour and presto! Sweet peanut mush.

Feel free to share.