• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Red's GIMP Thread: Now Taking Requests

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Finished your request Louie Forest. By no means was that even remotely easy what you requested, so I did the best I could. I had to cut out some of the more ridiculous things that you asked for, seeing as you pretty much wanted me to scratch a shitload of stuff and I don't have the time nor the ability to do all of what you asked for.

However, I came up with this and I like to think it came out quite decently. -^^-

KnowledgeIsPowersig.png

Also, thank you LoN-sensei. :3

Edit:

I just randomly made a new sig using a stock that I had previously used. Was fun using it again and noticing my improvements since then. -^^-

Axelsig2.png

Wow, that sig you made me is awesome! Sorry it was a bit hard, should have asked for less stuff. Anyway, thanks for the sig! :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow red I love your work here! There are just so many shades of colours. I also think to ds one came out well, you shouldn't be too hard on yourself. I'd love to request one but I don't want to give you too much work. Keep it up!

Hey Red! Just asking, may I have the code for the sig? I may request here again, but not so complicated! Anyway, thanks for the sig!

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Code:
[img]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x288/CaptainChaos909/Sigs/KnowledgeIsPowersig.png[/img]

There you go. And thanks for the comments ya'll. -^^-

Could I request one but I really don't want to make you feel rushed so take as long as you like since I know you're busy.
Pokemon: Kirlia and Chatot
Background: Light blue and light purple
Text: The power of music
Text colour: Rainbow :)

Could I also have the URL for it?

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Got bored and screwed around a bit and tried to follow one of LoN's other tutorials (seeing as I found a whole cache of beautiful images for background usage :'D). I really did not like this one at all (and it didn't help that the Sugi art for the whole line that I was gonna use was not cut very well and had white fringe all around it T_T), but at the end I copied the final layer and added a Glaussian Blur (or whatever it's called >>;; ) and set it to overlay...and I loved how it changed it. :V

ShanderaaSig.png

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Wait, what? :V Screwing around with GIMP again and made myself a purdy new sig. Norse God of Thunder be coming at ya (I just loved the render, which is why I had to make a sig of it :>).

ThorSig.png

Anyways, willing to take requests still and have one pending that will be finished very soon. ^^

That's so awesome Sir Red! I seriously don't know how you do it~ (I've never been able to work GIMP, even though I've been through a million tutorials...)
Keep up the excellent work Sir, I shall look forward to seeing more wonderful creations in the near future~

Reeeed Reddy Red Red :>

Its looks like most of your skills are nailed, now~ I think you should try to focus on your lighting and depth with your next ones :) Like using a radial gradient at times, or blurring your background some more whilst sharpening the focal point.

That's what I noticed with the Thor one, and a little less with your SOTW entry. Asides those two things, I think you've got the rest of it sorted ^^

Wow those sigs are really cool , Red ! May you take in this request ?

Subject/Stock: http://www.freewebs.com/goldenoozaru/ho-oh.gif I want this picture with it's background transparent above the text (in the middle)
Background: Sky with rainbows and clouds
Theme: The Sky
Text: Colors of the Rainbow~ (font medium , color white , at the bottom in fading letters but still noticeable)
Anything else: none

Thanks !

Hey Red, I love your recent sigs! The Mighty Thor one is really good! It gives off a really realistic icicle effect. If you don't mind, may I request a sig? It won't be that hard this time. :p

Subject/Stock: http://pokemondb.net/static/sprites/bla ... mpluff.png
Background: Autumn leaves.
Theme: Like a sunsetty feel to it.
Text: Knowledge Is power
Anything Else: A sunset.

Thanks. :3

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Both request accepted, and that fills up my current request list. :v

I will most likely churn a few out tonight/tomorrow, so yeah. :>

LoN said:
Reeeed Reddy Red Red :>

Its looks like most of your skills are nailed, now~ I think you should try to focus on your lighting and depth with your next ones :) Like using a radial gradient at times, or blurring your background some more whilst sharpening the focal point.

That's what I noticed with the Thor one, and a little less with your SOTW entry. Asides those two things, I think you've got the rest of it sorted ^^

That's certainly something that I'm trying to work with, depth, that is; and I've clearly been struggling a bit. I guess I'll just have to keep trying various things until I get something to work. Also, I pretty much suck at lighting in general. For whatever reason I have not properly grasped the concept... :\

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Request fill:

Salamence Commander:
BiancaBarrySig.png

I had quite a bit of fun making this one, and quite like the end result. :3

The other request shall be done later in the week (I'm going to be swamped till after Tuesday night :x).

Edit: Image code ;P
Code:
[img]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x288/CaptainChaos909/Sigs/BiancaBarrySig.png[/img]

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Sir Red said:
Wait, what? :V Screwing around with GIMP again and made myself a purdy new sig. Norse God of Thunder be coming at ya (I just loved the render, which is why I had to make a sig of it :>).

ThorSig.png

Anyways, willing to take requests still and have one pending that will be finished very soon. ^^

I loves this so very much.

If you're happy to take another request, I'd love it if you made me a similar Ultimates banner (that's also a tad wider, please). :)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Yeah, sure thing Alex. Just let me know who exactly you'd like in the sig (seeing as the more characters the harder it will be/the smaller they would be :x) and I'll get right on it as soon as I have free time later this week.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Just the main lot from Ultimates 1 is all I'm looking for. :) (Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Giant Man, Wasp, Hulk and Nick Fury). But whatever you can work with is fine and dandy. :)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Request finished! :V

Animefan1:
Ho-ohSig.png

Request list is still full, though. :x

Also, because I wanted to I've upgraded Alex's request from a single sig to a full blown project. So my apologies if it takes a bit longer than it otherwise would. :x Expect all other sigs to be finished either tomorrow of at some other point over the weekend at the latest. :3

I love the Ho-oh one, it looks beautiful! I love the colours, you're like a professional at this, very well done Sir. I can't wait to see more from you!

Sir Red said:
Request finished! :V

Animefan1:
Ho-ohSig.png

Request list is still full, though. :x

Also, because I wanted to I've upgraded Alex's request from a single sig to a full blown project. So my apologies if it takes a bit longer than it otherwise would. :x Expect all other sigs to be finished either tomorrow of at some other point over the weekend at the latest. :3

Wow it's great , Red !!!
Better than I was expecting , too .
Hey sorry I didn't reply ASAP . I almost forgot about it .
So , yeah , can I get the URL code for that ?

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
[me=Sir Red]throws URL code with ferocity of two middle-aged housewives >=O[/me]

Code:
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x288/CaptainChaos909/Sigs/Ho-ohSig.png

I also have Alex's sig, which turned out about as good as I could have hoped with that many images in it. >>;; (also, many of them had no good images for the Ultimates line! D:) I plan to "continue" this by making sigs for each of the members (or at least those that have good renders :x) as those would look a whole lot better. But yeah...

[me=Sir Red]runs D:[/me]

UltimatesSig.png

Code:
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x288/CaptainChaos909/Sigs/UltimatesSig.png

[me=Sir Red]churns out another sig :V[/me]

FlawlessNirvana.png

Code:
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x288/CaptainChaos909/Sigs/FlawlessNirvana.png

Ah-ah Red, thanks bunches ♥

The sig is as pretty and pink as I needed, and I love how there is black mixed in around the sig too ♥ i can also read the text pretty nicely, so I are happy ♥

Thankoo muchly :> I'll just have to remember to put it in when I come home later ♥

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I'm glad you both like them. ^^

Been messing around with different tutorials the past two nights and produced this one here just a few moments ago:

ForJustice.png

I kinda like it, but I definitely prefer the tutorial that I used to make Tan's as I produced a far more appealing sig in my opinion. :x

Red, your signitures are amazing to say the least. I really like the Dusknoir, Drifblim and Buizel ones in your first post. :D Anyway I would really love it if you could try and do a request for me if possible.

Subject/Stock: Golurk!
Background: purple and/or brown?
Theme: Something similar to your Drifblim and Dusknoir ones.
Text: "Golurk" with "the beta golem" underneath.

Thanks, Red, keep up the awesome sig making! ;D

I want to ask you if you could make a signature for me? your signatures are amazing.

theme:kyogre at the sea
background:blue or dark blue
text:powerful water pokemon (If you want you can put the power of the seas instead, the one that's easier for you)
other: If you want to add anything...

thanks

Hey Red I have a sig request.
Subject: Companion Cube from Portal
Background like a gray and pink swirly type thing with a lava-like theme in the middle
Text: "Not in cruelty.
Not in wrath
A Reaper came today;
An angel visited
This gray path
And took the cube away"
Written in a pinkish gray like font.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Trying new stuff out again~ :D

RedRobinSig.png

I really did not like this sig at all while I was making it, and then I added a lighting effect and it improved drastically in my eyes. XD

All requests will be filled in due time. :x

Hi Red! Your sigs have improved DRASTICALLY since you started. Some of these latest ones are amazing! In fact, I have a request...

Subject/Stock: Vegita + Nappa
Background: Sorta like a battlefield. Choose what you see fit!
Text: It's... 1006. Nappa, kick his ass!
Other: Could there be an image of Goku in the top left hand corner, with a shocked face. If you havnt guessed, this is a Team Four Star sig.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
chicago_made_punk_by_sirred_rising-d41vbbw.png

Just slapped this bad boy together with another new tutorial that I found. I had been meaning to make this sig for a while now, but this seems like as good a time as any. :3