• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rise of Team Neos

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
[quote author=Tatile]
D'aww! Axel and Brian are so close XD

Very interesting look into how Neos works in regards to what it expects from its members; as far as I can recall, members of other teams have a tendency to blame failure on their Pokemon (when they can't beat a ten year-old) rather htan their own ineptitude - well, the grunts at least.

I think I can imagine why Chane is so high ranked, she might actually be compeletly psychotic (or perhaps subject to a perverse form of MPD). I can also take a myriad of guesses at Brian's condition, but I'm sure your explination will be most fun :D
[/quote]

The grunts or some of the more egotistical members are bound to blame their Pokemon given that they can't accept their own ineptitude. Raiden, however, recognizes the teamwork that needs to be involved so he pretty much tells his subordinates that failure is purely human error. Strife's view is similar, only that Pokemon are tools and it is the human's fault for not using their tools effectively enough.

As for Chane, let's just say she gets along better with Pokemon than she does people. Being chosen by someone as devilishly handsome as Raiden doesn't help either ^^

[quote author=AetherGlaceon]You never answered my question: Will the secret of Madison's pink hair be revealed?[/quote]

That is one of the great mysteries of life isn't it?

Thanks again for your continued patronage my readers! ;D

"He's a pimp." said Axel in admiration.
He is Axel, he is. XDDDD

I love Raiden, even though he's only been here for one chapter I absolutely love him (and there's more to this than just having one of the awesomest names in the universe) Because we see from the same view, that speech about trainer=general to pokemon, I see the same way. Finally someone I can relate to! *hugs then bows*

Last edited by a moderator:
Curse you.... curse your ability to hook me like this...

There isn't anything I can say that hasn't already been said... execpt...

I KNEW EVE WOULD COME BACK INTO THIS!!!

I love your story so far you have hook me into checking the site as often as possible which wasn't at all for a month but I can't wait for the next chapter and what will Brain's first mission with team Neos be

Psycho Monkey

Before you all fangasm, this is NOT AN UPDATE! Sorry to disapoint.

Now then, what I'm here to say is that school has started and my schedule leaves me with very little free time. Mondays and Wednesdays I don't get home until 8 at night, Thursdays I'm at school to 6pm, and I work every other Sunday which leaves me with only three days of free time.

What that means is chapters will be very few and far between, but I'll shoot for two a month starting in October until the semester ends mid December.

With that said, be as grateful as I am that Pokecharms has been revived so that I could give you this message and that there is still hope for all of the wonderful fics on this bored to be finished! (Hm. That sounded better in my head... :p)

I fully admit I got excited when I saw you on the users online list "Posting in Rise of Team Neos" XD I, and I'm sure everyone else, can completely understand your life situation with school and all. Your fic is so good it's totally worth the wait whenever you do post--be it in October or two years from now.

Good luck with school ^^

*is sad now...*

God, I can't just repeat what Reina said can I now... Ahh well, I'm a patient girl. Long as it's good, I don't care how long it takes (although a few years will probably be pushing the limit).

Everything sounds better in your head. It's one of the facts of life.

... and I can't think of something else to say now, so I'll just leave it like this.

Happens to us all - some of our delays don't even have excuses :p Sounds like you're not running low on Inspiration either, which is always good. I suppose these does give more time for speculation on the nature of Brian's person and his future transformation.

So... when will this story hit 88mph Marty?

P.S. You spelt 'board' wrong :D

Aww, a delay on Team Neos? That's a little disappointing, but schoolwork always comes first. That's part of the delay on a bunch of my art stuffs, too.

*screams at the top of her lungs behind a building*

Sorry you guys had to hear that, but I'm not much of a patient person. But. I shalls wait for the epicness that is Team Neos. Aura's right by the way. Literally everything in life sounds better locked up in your head than released to the outer world. (Now that didn't sound better in my head...)

Have fun with school! (I know I sure don't so at least somebody eles should, right?)

Psycho Monkey

Thanks for understanding ladies. As a reward for your patience I pay you back with the next chapter plus intrest. I give you the personal squad of 3rd Seat Raiden Arka in Gaia sprite form:

They aren't as accurate as they would be if I could actually draw, but hell it's the best I could do. From the left: Everyone's favorite protagonist Brian, resident shy girl Chane Turk, 3rd Seat Raiden Arka, ladies man Zack Kaguya, and the devil herself Eve Illuminati.

Now go enjoy this next chapter! :D

Chapter 21: The Dream Team

Mom and Dad

Due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time and events that were completely beyond my control, I have become public enemy number one of Team Rocket. To protect my identity I have changed my name and to protect you this will be the last time I contact you until everything is taken care of. I have Axel with me along with a few trustworthy allies so don't worry, I'll be completely fine. I love you both.

-Your one and only son.

P.S. Burn this letter after reading it. I don't want my enemies to trace this to you.

I held the envelope addressed to my parents which contained that letter in my bandaged hand staring at it for a solid two minutes before tossing it into a blue mailbox at the corner of a street in Godenrod. It was only 11:30 in the morning, but already it was turning into a hot day. The bright August sun made the city glow like its namesake. I don't think any Grass-type would have trouble launching a Solar Beam today if there were to be a battle.

"You ready?" asked Axel empathetically.

"Yeah, we can go." I said turning away from the mailbox. All I could do at the moment was turn as my destination was across the street and I had the red light. I stood patiently waiting until the light for the cars turned red and I got the white walking signal. At that moment I casually walked across the street to the building that housed my squad's temporary base.

Raiden had rented us a four bedroom apartment paid for by Team Neos. The Team will support us until we get our first mission and start making money at which point our squad funds will pay for our finances. The way I understand it, mission profits are divided into three categories; what goes to Team Neos to keep it running, what goes to the smaller teams to support their field work, and what goes to individual members to keep them happy.

The apartment we were staying in was on the first floor so all I had to do was walk in the main entrance and go down the hall to room 109. As I put my key in the door, I heard yelling and screaming on the other side.

"What the hell is going on in there?" Axel wondered out loud. I quickly turned the lock and pushed the door open. Standing in the middle of the floor was Eve dripping wet despite wearing nothing more than a white towel. She was staring daggers at Zack who had his arms up palms out with a nervous grin on his face. Chane was standing by the doorway to Eve's bedroom with a concerned look. She probably heard them fighting and came to investigate.

"What is going on here?" I asked in confusion.

"Zacky boy though it was a smart idea to walk in on me in the shower!" Eve said angrily.

"I told you, I only wanted to see if you needed help scrubbing your back. My intentions were entirely pure." he replied like he did nothing wrong. "Help me out here Brian. I know we haven't known eachother long, but we men have to stick together." he said looking to me for support. My mouth slowly curved into a demented smirk as I realized what was going on here.

"What are you so happy about?" Eve questioned venomously. "You better not be siding with this lecher!"

"I'm not siding with anyone nor will I get involved. This is like an anime and I'm just thrilled to have it unfolding live in my own living room." I said happily. I closed the front door and leaned against the wall. "As you were." I instructed. This will definitely keep me entertained for awhile.

"C-can't we all just get along? M-maybe we could sit down and maybe g-get to know eachother? W-we are a team now s-so why argue?" Chane proposed moving her foot side to side in a timid manner.

"And miss all the fun?" I asked sarcastically raising an eyebrow. Zack used this distraction as an opportunity to run over to Chane. Comparatively, he was about nine inches to a foot taller than she was.

"I for one agree with the idea." he declared wrapping his arm around her shoulder. I'm not sure if it was intentional of accident, but he had his hand on one of her boobs. Chane definitely noticed as she was wide eyed and blushing bright red. "It will be a nice way to settle our differences and become better comrades." Zack went on.

"U-u-umm…" Chane stammered trying to get Zack's attention. He looked down at her realizing what he was doing. Zack pulled his hand away with a shameless laugh.

"Sorry, old habit." he confessed modestly. He then turned to Eve. "Eve, as much as I love seeing you dripping wet in nothing but a towel, how about getting dressed so that we can get better acquainted. Then maybe later we can really get acquainted."

"Not going to happen!" said Eve spitefully. As she walked past Chane and Zack to go to her room, Zack thought it smart to grab her ass. Needless to say, no one was surprised when Eve turned around and elbowed him in the face before slamming the door.

"I might have deserved that." Zack said holding his nose as he crouched to retrieve his glasses. Already I like this squad! Although by the looks of it, one of us was missing.

"So where's Master Raiden?" I inquired pushing myself off the wall and walking to the rest of the group.

"Master?" asked Zack regaining his composure.

"Well ya, I respect him and he is our superior. Therefore I call him Master." I clarified.

"He has a warped sense of respect." Axel threw in for the hell of it.

"R-Raiden w-went to pick up our n-new uniforms." answered Chane with a stutter. It's too bad he's going to miss our Q&A session. I would suggest postponing it until he got back, but I don't know how long he'll be and Eve might kill Zack in that time span. Speaking of the devil herself, Eve came walking out of her room fully dressed but still emanating a wrathful aura.

"If we're doing this, I'm sitting out of Kaguya's reach." Eve said sounding calm, but her tone was laced with anger. We all gathered in the living room, which is where the whole post-shower scene took place, and sat on the various furniture lying about. Zack, Axel, and I sat on a grey three cushion sofa, Chane sat in a red recliner with her hands folded nervously in her lap, and Eve laid on her side on a blue two cushion sofa with her head propped up in her hand glaring at Zack. Poor bastard's made it on her hit list it seems.

"Well the first question I think that should be asked is; why did you all join Team Neos?" asked Zack starting everything off. "I myself joined for the chicks. Chicks dig a man in uniform and we have one badass uniform." he said concededly with his hand on his chin and a smug grin. Somehow that doesn't surprise me with his behavior this morning.

"I joined for the fun of it. Seeing the humiliated faces of people when you beat them is just so satisfying and some of their expressions are just priceless!" Eve sneered joyfully. "Isn't that right Brian?"

"Quiet you!" I yelled at her. "Your turn Chane." I said more calmly.

"W-w-well… m-m-my brother always took care of me and looked out for me, b-but w-when he got sick I decided to join s-so that I could become stronger a-and protect him for once." she explained. So that was her reason, it's for her brother. Somehow though I don't think we're getting the whole story on her.

"What about you Brian?" inquired Zack pushing up his glasses.

"Me? I want to change the world. I want to destroy all crime and tear down the world government. Only then can things be rebuilt the way they should be. A place where both Pokémon and humans can be happy and free: that is my goal." I said straightforwardly. Everyone in the room gave me strange looks. Eve broke the silence by laughing mockingly.

"Oh what a vivid imagination the child has." she taunted.

"I- I think it is a wonderful goal." Chane agreed with me.

"Why not? We'll help eachother achieve our goals." declared Zack. "The three of us will work on getting Chane stronger for her brother, you all can help me get laid -especially you ladies-, we can assist Brian in destroy the world, and Eve can have herself the time of her life doing all of that. Whadaya say?"

"Fuck off." Eve answered flatly. Figures she would be unsupportive.

"Next question! What Pokémon do you all have?" Axel brought up. I kindly translated for everyone and ran down my list of Axel, Aerodactyl, Riolu, Piloswine, Snorlax, and Beldum, the six I was currently carrying.

"I have a Banette named Diva, a Luxray, a Steelix, a Nidoqueen, a Rosarade, and a Walrein." Eve told.

"I- I have Beautifly, Lunatone, Pidgeot, Chansey, Azumarill, and Breloom. Th-there names are Celia, Luna, Jace, Lucy, Kermit, and Izzy r-respectively." listed Chane.

"I've got a Golduck named Lloyd." said Zack. "Up until a month ago I was a Pokémon Ranger so I was only allowed and only needed one partner." he said bluntly.

"S-so you quit to join Team Neos?" inquired Chane.

"Quit?" he replied with a confused look. A proud smile then appeared on his face. "I was kicked out for way too many sexual harassment charges!" stated Zack pompously pointing his thumb at himself. "It's part of a Pokémon Ranger's job description to stay fit and athletic so who can blame me if I was turned on? I mean those are some sweet lookin' hotties in that profession."

"Figures." Eve said unamusedly as she rolled her eyes. Chane simply looked to the floor blushing while I fell to the floor laughing hysterically, pounding my fist to the white carpet.

"I love you Zack!" I declared between fits of giggles. "You will be the source of much amusement!" I gripped my sides as I started rolling around uncontrollably. It had been awhile since I laughed like this at something genuinely funny and not at ripping people's limbs off. When I finally caught my second wind, I got back on the sofa. "Next question?" I proposed.

"Are you ready to try on your new uniforms?" All five of us turned to the front door where none other than Raiden was standing wearing his "civilian" clothes consisting of long black pants, brown tennis shoes, and a sleeveless navy blue shirt. Slung over his shoulder was a white gym bag which I'm guessing contains our uniforms.

"Sure, why not? Kaguya was making me nauseous anyway." said Eve getting off the sofa and walking to Raiden.

"Ouch. That hurt." Zack said pretending offence.

Raiden emptied four uniforms out of the bag and passed them out to us, sending us to our rooms to get changed once we had one. Those who had rooms anyway. We were staying in a four bedroom apartment meaning one person would not get a room. I was the first person to call the floor as I am fully capable of sleeping anywhere. As such, Raiden sent me to his room. It was rather basic with only a bed and dresser occupying a moderate amount of space.

"Can you believe it Axel? Things just keep moving forward. At this rate we'll fix this world in no time!" I mused optimistically while getting undressed. I held the pale grey hoodie out in front of me admiring the shining silver X on the chest.

"Yup. As much as I liked our previous lifestyle, we only fought for ourselves. Now it seems like we're putting our talents to better use." acknowledged Axel with an outlook I hadn't really considered. I mean I knew what I was doing, I just hadn't heard it put into words like that before. That monkey can be wiser than me sometimes.

After applying the whitish grey gloves, I proceeded to look myself over in a mirror on Raiden's dresser. Zack was right; we do look pretty badass in this outfit. And here I thought I only looked good in black. I finished off by throwing the hood over my head to get a view of what my enemies will see. I must say, I'm quite pleased with the results. As far as the fit went, the pants were comfortable around the waist and baggy in the legs, just the way I like my pants, and the hoodie was loose giving me room to breathe. The gloves and boots were also perfect fits. It's almost as if Raiden bleached what I normally wear and gave it back to me.

"Dude. You rock." Axel complemented looking me over.

"Indeed I do. Now come! We must join the others." Outside Zack was already standing fully dressed with Raiden. Aside from being two inches shorter than me, we could have been called twins. Joining us a minute later was Chane. Eve was the last one to come out with a modified uniform giving us all WTF faces. She had cut the top of her shirt open to expose her cleavage, and rather than wearing the pants she was given, she wore here own skirt and platform boots. Raiden did a slow motion face-palm with a sigh and shook his head. I should have seen this coming with what she said in training. Chane was a stuttering mess as she tried to form the words she wanted to say.

"Wh-wha-what did you do!?" she finally got out.

"Simple, this shirt was too tight and I do not wear pants." declared Eve arrogantly.

"Hell yeah!" Zack cheered at her comment.

"Get over yourself jizz stain. It's not gonna happen." she shot down mercilessly.

"Ow. My feelings." lamented Zack. Twice in one hour. How much more can he take of this before Eve breaks him for real?

"Enough nonsense." Raiden scolded. "While you were all getting changed, I was informed that the spies we have infiltrating Team Rocket reported that the Rocket's plan on raiding the Day Care Center on Route 35 to steal the Pokémon the elderly couple living there are taking care of. Their reasoning for doing this is of no concern to us; your objective is making sure theirs fails."

"Our objective? What about you?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"The report came in just now. So far we are the only squad in the area to be informed. Therefore, the four of you will be more than enough to handle it. Now stop wasting time! Get going!" he told us. Without a seconds more hesitation, we left the apartment.

"Well that was random." Axel said as we ran outside.

"Agreed." I affirmed.

"What kind of leader is he anyway? Sending us to do all the dirty work." Eve protested.

"A good leader also needs to know how to delegate. If Master Raiden were here it would be serious overkill." I pointed out both to annoy Eve and defend Raiden. I looked at the many buildings lining the streets then up at the sky. I determined the fastest way to get to where we need to go would be by air so I quickly reached for Aerodactyl's Great Ball to release him.

"Good idea Brian." Zack complemented when the Fossil Pokémon materialized in a red beam of light. "You mind if I ride with you? I don't have a Flying-type."

"Sure, hop on." I instructed jumping on myself quickly joined by Axel. Aerodactyl growled in disapproval as Zack also mounted. The only other time he had been forced to do a three-seater was with Madison and she was a light weight. At the same time, Eve joined Chane on the latter's Pidgeot. When everyone had their rides sorted out, we took to the sky. "Sorry Aero." I whispered in the dinosaur's ear as he flew us.

"I guess I need a flier?" posed Zack realizing Aerodactyl's stress.

"It would be helpful." I approved. "Eve should get one too if she doesn't already have one."

"Yeah, I'd love to have the option of mounting either her or Chane." Zack said enthusiastically.

"You mean their Flying-types?" I suggested wondering if he meant it to sound the way it did, or if just forgot a word. Axel was snickering at the very thought of it.

"That too." he said not bother to correct his mistake. "But what about you? Which do you think is cuter?" he inquired flirtatiously.

"We're here!" I dodged pointing down to the small ranch. Unfortunately, we were late as I could see several figures below dressed in black harassing the Pokémon at the Day Care. What worried me was that I couldn't see the elders anywhere. Hopefully they were just being held hostage in the house and not hurt in anyway. After all, I know full well what those bastards are capable of. The very thought of it makes my blood boil!

Jace came from behind Aerodactyl in a nosedive toward the ranch. I led my flier to do the same. Four Rockets looked up in alarm as the two Flying-types landed and the five of us unmounted.

"Ah! It's them! It's Team Neos!" one of them screamed fearfully, this one male.

"It seems our reputation precedes us." I said sinisterly. I glared at my foes like a predator looking for the weakest link to feed on. Looking around the group I count two males and two females accompanied by a purple bipedal canine with massive jowls curved up in two pointed fangs and a black collar around its neck, a red snail made of lava with huge yellow eyes and grey hardened lava forming a shell, an angry white furred monkey with a red crest on its forehead and two long black claws on each hand, and a cyan colored rabbit covered in short poisonous barbs. Just one Pokémon each? Can't they do better than that?

"Relax, there are only four of them and six of us. We can handle these punks." said the other male confidently. What a delirious fool. Still, that meant there were still two more unaccounted for.

"Oh no! They have us out numbered! What ever are we going to do?" mocked Eve sarcastically. I could almost laugh now that her quips weren't directed to me for once. I was also amazed that it required six of these clowns to hold up a Day Care.

"You're not making fun of us now, are you Little Girl?" taunted what sounded like an older female from behind us. Eve simply laughed the woman's comment off.

"Are you just jealous because, unlike you, I still have my looks you ugly old hag?" she retorted not missing a beat. A silver spoon held by a yellow three fingered hand swung around Eve's throat threatening to slash if the owner didn't like the next remark out of her mouth. The rest of us were entangled in blue vines save Axel and the fliers. The morale of the other Rocket members seemed to shoot up at seeing us taken out so quickly.

"If your Pokémon are smart they won't dare attack my Tangrowth or my Kadabra unless they want their precious trainers to be crushed or have her throat slit." warned the woman. I nodded to Axel and Aerodactyl to let them know to stay at bay for now.

"That's our Boss for ya. There's no winning with her unless you agree with her." said one of the two females proudly. That meant this woman was the leader of this operation. I will enjoy killing her.

"What do you want with this Day Care anyway?" inquired Zack.

"We have no reason to explain ourselves to you NEOphytes." mocked the male who was originally scared of us. I love how they act so tough when things end up in their favor.

"*Pff* Nice pun, did you hear it from your mommy?" Eve ridiculed. Kadabra pulled its spoon closer to her neck causing Eve to grunt in annoyance.

"Watch your tongue girl. To answer your question young man, we heard there was a Pokémon staying here that was breed from a good stock so we decided to acquire it." the woman said stepping into our view. I'm guessing she was in her mid thirties. She had grey eyes, red hair done up in a ridiculous perm, and wore a fancy white uniform with the trademark red ‘R' on it that would look magnificent stained with blood. She also had white heeled boots and on her waist was a gold belt. "Unfortunately that well bred Pokémon just turned out to be this weak little thing." she criticized holding up a small blue Pokémon with white cheeks and a zigzagged black tail ending in a blue ball the same size as the Pokémon. The poor little Azurill looked panicked and terrified as the vile woman held it by its bubble like tail.

"Azurill!!" Chane shouted in distress. That's right, she did say she had an Azumarill, the fully evolved form of the victim. Was Chane empathizing or were this one and hers related? Chane began struggling to get free of Tangrowth as hard as she could.

"What's wrong? Did I hit a nerve?" tormented the leader. "What if I were to do this?" The woman began playing paddle-ball using the ill-fated Azurill as the ball with its own tail the paddle.

"Stop it!" Chane cried desperately.

"How typical of a stupid Rocket." I scoffed. The wench stopped her assault and looked at me curiously to see what I was up to. "You told our Pokémon that if they were smart, not to attack. Well they're not the ones who should be smart. It's you! On our side are two Flying-types and a Fire-type. On yours is a Grass-type holding us hostage." I smiled darkly giving the female Rocket wide eyes full of fright. "Axel. Burn Tangrowth alive!"

"Yes, my lord." Axel said willingly. He spat a long tongue of fire at the hapless Vine Pokémon behind us. I could feel the intense heat as the creature behind me writhed in agony. The vines around me and my partners weakened enough for us to literally break free. Eve took the opportunity to elbow Kadabra in the side while it was distracted by its companion's demise to escape.

"Time to play Diva." she said evilly as she removed a Dusk Ball from her belt.

"Jace! Aerial Ace that woman and free Azurill!" Chane commanded. The Pidgeot wasted no time in dive bombing the leader in the chest knocking the wind out of her and causing her to drop Azurill. At once Chane rushed over to catch the baby Pokémon as it fell. "You're ok now. You're safe." she whispered to it comfortingly. Kadabra instantly Teleported away from the possessed doll known as Diva to aide its master.

"Where do you think you're going?" Eve questioned rushing after her chosen opponent.

"How dare you hurt our boss! Use Flamethrower on the girl with Azurill Magcargo!" ordered the second male Rocket. Before I had a chance to react, the Vigoroth was attacking me with its arm raised over its head. Axel swiftly jumped in the way to parry the Wild Monkey Pokémon's Slash and threw it to the ground.

While we were distracted by Vigoroth, Chane embraced Azurill tightly as the stream of flame neared its intended target. A blast of water suddenly came from behind Chane cancelling out the fire. She looked up and behind her where Zack stood next to a blue kappa with a long tail and a red jewel on its forehead. A few drops of water dripped off the Golduck's beak onto the ground.

"You ever think about hurting my friends again or you'll have me to deal with." Zack said threateningly. I couldn't see her face under her hood, but I think Chane was looking at Zack as if he were Lance of the Elite Four as he chuckled before saying "Don't give me that look. We're teammates, we lookout for eachother."

"Right." she answered. While holding Azurill in one arm, Chane stood up in addition to pulling out a Luxury Ball. From the ball came a pink egg shaped Pokémon with small arms and legs, small frills hanging off the side of its head like hair, and an egg in a pouch on her belly.

"Lucy, take Azurill and heal it with Softboil." Chane told the Chansey handing off the baby Pokémon. Lucy wasted no time in pulling out her egg and feeding it to the young Azurill. "Now it's your turn Kermit!" The fully evolved Aqua Rabbit materialized from his Lure Ball with a very pissed off look on his face. Either the Azumarill was aggressive anyway, or sensing what happened to his kin from inside his ball put him in a bad mood. "Use Hydro Pump on the Magcargo!" the female trainer commanded continuing her vendetta. Kermit gladly complied, blasting water from his mouth like a fire hose. The lava snail was quickly taken out by the 4x effective attack.

"Hey, you're kinda cute. Why not ditch Team Rocket and join me? I will give you as much passion and romance as you want." Zack said hitting on one of the female grunts. This one was the owner of Nidorina. Has he no shame?

"Get real." was her annoyed response.

"Too bad." Zack sighed lowering his head. "Lloyd! Use Psychic!"

I had no time to observe any more of the battle as I was in one of my own. "Vigoroth! Attack with Ice Beam!" called the monkey's trainer. Vigoroth screamed as the cold pale blue ray shot from its mouth. Axel threw his arm in front of the beam to block it only to have his arm frozen.

"Axel, I think you just learned Ice Punch. Use it!" I called. The Flame Pokémon pulled his fist back followed by a devastating jab to the enemy monkey's jaw which cracked the ice around Axel's arm. "Follow up with a Fire Punch! Same arm!" Axel punched the Wild Monkey Pokémon in the stomach causing the ice to shatter, not only from impact, but also from the Infernape's flaming fist.

"That's better." Axel declared while staring at his hand as he moved his fingers. He was suddenly struck from behind by a Headbutt from Granbull. The monkey landed on all four limbs and growled at the purple canine.

"How dare you interrupt a monkey battle!" I yelled at the female Rocket who had issued the command while I was distracted with Vigoroth and its trainer.

"Hey I had this!" agreed my opponent. I was actually surprised he wasn't grateful for the assistance seeing that he had nothing but a humiliating loss ahead of him.

"Well sor~ry for helping then." she said snidely.

"Not yet you're not." I said vehemently. "Aerodactyl! Lunch is served! Ganbull or human? Which do you want today?" I called over to my prehistoric beast who had been sitting bored and idle since we landed. The revived terror shrieked with delight as he flew over to us with his mouth wide open.

"Oh Arceus no!" the female Rocket cried running away with Granbull close behind as Aerodactyl fast approached. A yellow dust filled the air around the two causing them to stop dead in there tracks.

"Just thought I'd lend a little assistance. You can hardly take care of yourself." teased Eve. She stood with a small green human shaped creature that had white hair, a leaf like cape, a green mask, and two bouquets for hands, one red the other blue. "Rosarade's Stun Spore should last ten minutes or so, so don't take too long torturing them."

"Thanks." I told her. I looked over at my ancient warrior who already had his claw on Granbull and was tearing out the Fairy Pokémon's throat. "Aerodactyl thanks you too."

"You… You ate them!" panicked my foe slowly backing away.

"No. He ate them." I corrected pointing back to the scene where the Fossil Pokémon was devouring Granbull leaving behind bloody bones. "Or rather is eating them. Now are we going to finish this monkey battle or not?" I demanded.

"*Grrr* Vigoroth! Double Team!" the Rocket ordered. One Vigoroth soon became seven attempting to surround us. "Now use Fury Swipes!" The seven monkeys all came at me and Axel with their claws swinging wildly. We stood back to back knowing that the real one would attempt to take either me or him out. I punched at the nearest one only for it to vanish. This would be so much easier if I had a sword, then I could take two or three out in a single stroke.

"Gah!" I heard Axel scream. Sounds like he found the real Vigoroth. I turned around to see my monkey grab the other monkey by its head followed by several rapid kicks to the stomach. At last the Vigoroth fell unconscious.

"Now it's your turn!" I said victoriously turning toward the trainer. He tried to run away, but when he turned around Aerodactyl was standing behind him with blood lining the sadistic grin on his maw.

"P- please… spare me." he begged getting on his knees.

"Ok." I said in a friendly tone.

"Really?" he asked nervously.

"Sure." I walked over to the Rocket and extended my arm in a gesture to help him up. However the moment he accepted my hand, I thrust my palm into his elbow snapping his arm in the wrong direction. Over his pain written scream I added "You'll live, but you'll be a cripple. I call that a fair deal."

After breaking the Rocket's other arm and shattering both of his knees with the help of Axel and Beldum, I looked around to see what else could be done. The trainer with the Magcargo was fast asleep as a result of Luna's Hypnosis and Chane's mercy. The Nidorina was lying on top of her trainer, both alive but in rough shape. I'm actually surprised Zack didn't try to rape her. Then again he does seem to have his chivalrous side. The other female trainer shared the same fate as her Granbull being nothing more than a pile of broken bones in a pool of blood. There was no sign of this group's leader, her Kadabra, or the sixth member that was spoken of.

As I walked around the side of the house into the ranch the Pokémon stayed in, I was greeted by Chane who was sitting with a Paras, a Rattata, a Politoed, and a Flaafy. Kermit was holding the Azurill from before and Lucy was tending the wounds of a Nuzleef.

"Um… Hi Brian. Hi Axel." she greeted cheerfully as she pet the Rattata.

"Hi yourself." I responded. "You really like Pokémon don't you?" I observed.

"I had to make sure they were alright. Team Rocket was being so cruel to them." said Chane in despair. "But everyone's ok now!" she said happily.

"Yup. You did great today. I can see why Master Raiden chose you." I praised.

"Th-thank you…" she said shyly moving her hand to her mouth.

"Oh yeah! Where is everyone else!" I asked when I realized they were still missing.

"I-I don't know. As soon as Luna put that Rocket to sleep I came back here to check on the Pokémon." she answered looking side to side.

"Come on! I haven't checked the house yet!" I said running to the side door. I threw open the screen door to see the female boss standing in the living room holding a gun to the Day Care Lady's head while the Day Care Man was knocked out on the floor with a big bruise on his bald head. She looked like she had been put through hell as her hair was a mess and her clothes were dirty and ripped in several places including a gash in her shirt that exposed her entire shoulder. Standing in front of her were Zack, Lloyd, and Eve who were looking on motionlessly.

"I was wondering where the rest of you Neophytes were." the Rocket wench ridiculed. "As I told your friends, one wrong move and the old lady dies!" she warned pushing the gun harder to the elder's head. That would explain why the others weren't attacking. But did they have a plan?

"So where's your Kadabra?" I interrogated not seeing it as I looked around.

"I fainted it." Eve admit proudly. "But she called it back before I could have anymore fun." she pouted. I rolled my eyes. How typical.

"Shut up! All of you!" the Rocket demanded. "Now that I have you all in one place, I can finally escape. You may have ruined our plans, but none of you will leave here alive!" she announced. The woman pulled a black rectangular radio from her pocket with her free hand and pushed down a red button. "Are the Electrodes ready?" she asked into it.

"Yes ma'am." came a response on the other end.

"Very well. Get down here so that we may take our leave." ordered the wench. A moment later the sixth Rocket came running down the stairs followed by a muscular grey skinned man wearing a black speedo and a big gold belt with a red ‘P' on it. The size of the Machoke's red veined arms gave it a slight hunch. They must have been holding the couple hostage before we arrived which is why we didn't see them until now.

"You should feel lucky Old Woman. You get to live." the sixth Rocket told the Day Care Lady spitefully.

"You scoundrels will never get away with this!" the elder warned defiantly.

"Hostages should know better than to talk." growled the leader pushing the pistol harder.

"She's right though. You won't get away." Eve said confidently. On queue a black ghostly hand came out of the woman's head. The fingers on the hand curved into claws before raking back through the Rocket's skull. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head as she fell lifelessly to the ground. Axel and I both shuddered as we realized that could have been him when we last battled Eve. Diva came walking through the wall with a satisfied look on her zippered face.

"My word!" gasped the old lady looking down at the scene.

"You bastards!" yelled the last conscious survivor. "Machoke! Crush them!" There was no response from his Pokémon. "Machoke!" he yelled angrily turning to the Super Power Pokémon. Machoke groaned as it collapsed to the hard wood floor crackling with electricity.

"I was wondering what was taking you four so long." Raiden said bluntly. He stood in his Neos uniform with his arms crossed and an orange mouse with yellow cheeks, big curly black ears, and a long black tail tipped with a yellow lightning bolt standing with him. I remember that Raichu, it's the one I lost to in my and Raiden's last battle.

"There are five of you now!? I can't take this! I surrender!" moaned the final Rocket falling to the floor in defeat.
------------

Once the Day Care was safe, and all the surviving Rockets gathered up and sent to the police, we returned to the apartment for some well deserved rest. And a lecture which none of us were quite thrilled about.

"Your first mission was a success, but you all could have done a lot better. I want to see more teamwork. Things will go by much faster if you work together." Raiden told us.

"Next time I will be with you so that should help smooth things over. As squad leader, I will also find ways to utilize each of your individual talents to their fullest. Zack Kaguya, the ex-Ranger. Your specialty is using the environment to your advantage. Chane Turk, you care a lot about Pokémon. Your performance today only proves how passionate and determined you are to protect them from harm. Eve Illuminati and Brian Xelbu. You are both cunning strategists. Eve, you focus on ruthless battling and using your charm and wit to throw enemies off balance, while you Brian can adapt to any situation and your relationship to Axel is like none I have ever seen.

"Then there is myself. Like Eve and Brian, I am a strategist. I strive to overcome my weaknesses while exploiting the weaknesses of my foes. Just as I have found ways to compensate for my Electric-type Pokémon's weakness to Ground-types, I will find ways to compensate for each of your weaknesses to make our squad unstoppable. That is all I have to say, so may do as you like now." he finished.

Next chapter will come whenever the hell I feel like getting to it. Comment away!

Poor Chane, she seems out of her depth with that lot. Though during the battle she did look close to breaking point with that Azurill - I was expecting something more... psychotic from her, but I suppose that's just too cliche. Your mix of personalities is working well, but something tells me that having all four of the younger lot together in one house is a recipie for homicide.

Yay it's back : D

I laughed, I cheered, and I pondered.

Glad to have you back : D eagerly awaiting more : D

(but mostly I laughed)

"Ow. My feelings." lamented Zack

Hmmm... I have a feeling that something was missing in this chapter, mainly because I'm not going something along the lines of: Holy shit that is so awesome I think my brains gonna esplode!!!

Yeah, It didn't work for me this time, but I have to agree with Toucheiruka. Zack is gonna be a great team member!

Completely awesome chapter, Monkey. ;)

I loved how Chane acted. It was a nice shift from Eve's sadistic attitude about everything, although learning more about Zack was also interesting.

And of course, the dynamic duo of Brian and Axel is forever hilarious when it comes to battle or even regular situations. I'll be looking forward to more. ^_^

Man!You are so damn good! I'm hooked with da funny and da original story,although somehow,the described violence felt weird for me,cuz for me,Pokemon and violence just don't mix,other anime/video games,yeah,but i jus' don't get that feeling from Pokemon. But whatever,You rock!!!!!!!!
P.S. Read the bottom part of my post. ;D :D :o ::) :p

Aw, man, I missed the update. I just checked it now.

Heh, Zack is pretty funny, though I don't think Eve's behavior helps remedy that. XD

:O Why abuse the Azurill, Rocket? The gerbils will eat you...

All in all, excellent chapter, as it allowed us to see more character interaction. I do hope to learn more about Chane's past as well.

Psycho Monkey

[quote author=Aura]
Hmmm... I have a feeling that something was missing in this chapter, mainly because I'm not going something along the lines of: Holy shit that is so awesome I think my brains gonna esplode!!!

Yeah, It didn't work for me this time, but I have to agree with Toucheiruka. Zack is gonna be a great team member!
[/quote]

Well they can't all be midless violence and murder. We gotta have character development in there somewhere. ;)

[quote author=Tatile]Poor Chane, she seems out of her depth with that lot. Though during the battle she did look close to breaking point with that Azurill - I was expecting something more... psychotic from her, but I suppose that's just too cliche.[/quote]

Unlike Brian, Chane isn't the type to go on a massacre when pushed too far. She's actually opposed to violence, but will fight if it is to protect the weak.

The next instalment should be arriving by Halloween so look forward to that date.

[quote author=Aura]

Well they can't all be midless violence and murder. We gotta have character development in there somewhere. ;)

That's true as a fellow amateur writer I agree with you that about the character development is important then the reader can't relate with the characters

Psycho Monkey

I said Halloween and I am a man of my word.

Chapter 22: Dragon's Den

The early morning silence was interrupted by laughter. My laughter. I was the first of the five of us to wake up which also made me the first on to read today's newspaper. The paper was limp in my hands while I leaned back in my chair at the kitchen table giggling at what I had just read.

"What is so funny that you had to interrupt my beauty sleep?" Eve demanded grumpily walking into the kitchen. As I explained before, her room is closest to the living room. The kitchen is to the left of the living room making her room also the closest to the kitchen. Although since I chose the living room floor as my sleep area, that could make me the closest, but I digress.

"Well good morning to you too." I said sarcastically. I was taken slightly off guard by her nightwear, a very short see-through purple nighty. Lucky for my biological instincts, the top was opaque. "*Ahem* If you don't want Zack hitting on you, then you shouldn't be wearing such a revealing outfit. I can see your panties you know." I pointed out.

"That's exactly why I'm wearing this. After yesterday I think he might replace you as my favorite chew toy." she said matter-of-factly with a playful vibe. Oh I should feel so honored. "But what do you care? You even said you thought Kaguya's sexual harassment was funny." Eve's eyes widened as if she had just had an epiphany. "You actually like it don't you? Aww… so cute." she teased getting a little too close for comfort. This is the last thing I wanted, her getting the wrong idea and finding some way to twist it even further in that wicked mind of hers.

"Anyway, you wanted to know why I was laughing earlier?" I said changing the subject and handing Eve the newspaper. "Have a look." She snatched the paper from my hands and began looking over it.

"‘Team Neos Thwart Team Rocket Scheme at Route 34 Day Care Center.'" she read off the headline. "Aha! We made the front page! Go us!" she cheered gleefully. While she had been reading I picked up a white mug to sip my Chiai Tea, still hot from the microwave.

"I know. The four of us actually make a pretty bitchin' team if you ask me." I stated putting down my cup.

"Excuse me, four?" Axel, who was sitting to my left, questioned unhappily crossing his arms while throwing his feet on the table and crossing them.

"I'm sorry, five. But I was counting us as the same combative mind in two separate bodies." I apologized. "Besides, if you want to cut hairs like that, then there are really twenty-five of us. Five humans plus six Pokémon each minus Zack who only has one." I analyzed.

"Fun article." said Eve throwing the paper back at me. "Not all the details are correct and some of the stuff was embellished to make us look bad, but what the hell. It doesn't change what we did." she reviewed. "Now since my appearance has you all hot and bothered, I'm going back to my room and getting dressed." she played just for the sake of toying with me. Eve then turned to me with her index finger to her mouth. "Unless you'd rather me stay like this for awhile longer." she said taking a sexy pose and faking vulnerability.

"I actually don't care what you do. Remember, I'm asexual so you can't seduce me." I reminded looking straight at her to prove my point. "Zack is probably the only one you'll get excited while dressed like that."

"Oh fine." whined Eve in defeat. "I should have known better than to expect a reaction from someone who hasn't reached puberty yet. I feel like a pedophile now." she mocked.

"Since when is nineteen considered a minor?" I inquired with a raised eyebrow.

"Doesn't matter. You're still younger than me." Eve said. At that moment her eyes widened with dread as she had just let a certain detail slip.

"Oh so you are older than me. By how much?" I asked taking advantage of the opportunity.

"So what if I am older? It makes no difference if I'm one year older or one thousand, you're still a baby!" she yelled in frustration before storming off back to her room. I looked over at Axel smiling. I held out my hand soliciting a high-five from the monkey. I had just beaten Eve at her own game. Point mine.
----------

As everyone else woke up and came in for breakfast, I passed along the newspaper to show them our accomplishment. Zack had the same reaction as I did, getting a good chuckle out of the fact that our first mission was getting so much attention. Chane was both embarrassed and proud uttering a simple "Oh wow."

Raiden however, didn't take it as well as the rest of us. "What does it matter that we got in the news? The mission was a success and that is what counts. Yes, Team Neos needs media attention in order to recruit new members, but it is not essential. What is essential is the destruction of the enemy Teams. Anything else is just trivial."

"Now why did you have to go and bring us down like that?" Zack asked dejectedly. "It was our first mission and it made front page. Can you blame us for getting a little excited?"

"Yes." Raiden answered aloofly. That quickly shut Zack up leaving him, and the rest of us, speechless. There was really no come back for that kind of response. The only thing that could be said after that would be ‘Damn' and even that would just be a hollow retort. I quietly went back to my breakfast of eggs and bacon on an English muffin pondering how easily everyone in the room was silenced by a single word.
---------------

A little while after everyone finished eating, Raiden instructed us to pack our things as we would be moving on to our next destination for another mission. We'd be getting the details as soon as everyone was ready.

It took me no time at all to pack up as I was simply living out of my backpack. I wasn't intentionally trying to keep the living room clean, it was more of a habit I had developed from camping in the wilderness for five years so I wouldn't lose anything. "Well that's it." I said after stuffing my uniform into my pack. I then stored the green duct tape covered bag in an Item Ball for easier transport.

"I wonder where we'll be going next." Axel stated out loud. "I can't wait to beat the crap out of more Rockets!" declared the monkey punching his fist into his palm. That reminded me. I looked at my right hand that was still bandaged from the Scyther incident. I had actually completely forgotten that I had been wounded, and as such hadn't changed my bandages in the last three days.

"If you need me, I'll be in the bathroom." I told the gold furred Infernape showing him my hand. I walked down the hall to the sterile looking white tiled room complete with a porcelain toilet, sink, and tub.

I stood over the sink as I unwrapped my hand so that I could wash it off. My jaw practically hit the floor when I finished removing the bandages. While the wrappings were stained a rusted brown red color from the blood, my hand was completely and fully healed. Not even a scar remained. I ran the index finger of my left hand across my palm. I still had feeling in my palm and it felt as it always had; no pain. I then brought my hand to my face; first I sniffed it, next I licked it. There was nothing abnormal that I could pick up on. It was just healed. Nothing more, nothing less.

"They're waiting for you." said Axel walking in. I looked up at the monkey and turned my palm towards him. Axel tilted his head to the side investigating it. "How did such a nasty gash heal in three days?" he questioned as he grabbed my hand for a closer inspection.

"I don't know." I admit shaking my head. "Well we can't keep Master Raiden and the others waiting now can we?" I rhetorically asked exiting the bathroom. Back in the living room the rest of my squad was lounging about on the furniture waiting. Eve opened her mouth to say some off hand comment, most likely about me and Axel being in the bathroom together, but she was quickly cut off by Raiden.

"Now that everyone is present, I will debrief you on today's mission." he interrupted, possibly unknowingly as there was no sign of scolding or reprimanding in his voice. Eve slouched back in the sofa with an unhappy sigh as her quip would now be late and not as menacing. "Today we will be heading to Blackthorn City to do reconnaissance in the legendary Dragon's Den to see if it holds any information that can be useful to Team Neos."

"Excuse me sir, but don't we have a Stealth Force for that?" inquired Zack even raising his hand so he wouldn't seem as rude.

"Team Neos is still rather new having been around for less than a year. The few members we have in the Stealth Division have all infiltrated the ranks of our enemies as spies to inform the Main Division of the enemy's activities. What this means is that recon sometimes falls on the Main Division." Raiden explained.

"Then why not send a grunt squad?" asked Eve boredly putting her head in her hand like she wanted to fall asleep. Raiden sighed before continuing.

"If you all would let me continue, I could tell you." he said. "The requirements for this mission call for more strength and strategy than grunts are capable of. Basically, we need to keep the Dragon Clan out of the way until we finish investigating the Dragon's Den. Lance will be no problem because as of two days ago, the winner of the Indigo League tournament emerged from Victory Road and made it safely to Indigo Plateau. While she rests, all members of the Elite Four must report in for when the trainer is ready to take them on. That eliminates the biggest threat.

"Next is Clair." Raiden turned and looked directly at Zack. "In order to keep her out of the Den, you Zack Kaguya must issue a Gym Challenge. Your goal is not to defeat her, but to prolong the battle for as long as you can. The reason it has to be you is because I need to lead the mission, Brian already has the Rising Badge, and Eve and Chane will be needed to dispose of the guard at the entrance and the Dragon Clan Elder without drawing attention to us. Now gather your things and let us be off."
-----------

We arrived in Blackthorn two hours later via hot air balloon and once again rented an apartment to use as a base. The building was a lot smaller than the one we had in Goldenrod due to Blackthorn City's smaller population and isolated location at the top of a mountain bordering the treacherous Ice Path. Once we got to our room, Raiden, Eve, Chane, and I wasted no time in getting changed into our uniforms while Zack remained in his black slacks and red button down short sleeved shirt as he had the more "open" task.

"Alright. The four of us will go to the roof and take to the sky to minimize the number of people that see us. While we do that, Zack will make his way to the Gym to make sure Clair is present and challenge her to a battle. If she is not in the Gym, radio us immediately Zack." instructed Raiden.

As soon as we left the apartment, the rest of the recon team, Axel, and I darted up the nearest staircase until emerging on the roof of the building. The view from up here was amazing, almost breathe taking. I shook my head. This was no time to be admiring the sights. I had a job to do.

"Come Aerodactyl!" I called summoning the King of the Skies. Aerodactyl shrieked with delight upon emerging, flapping is purple skinned wings to get some lift off. That's right. Before going extinct Aerodactyl were predominately found in the mountains, at least according to the fossil record. He must be feeling quite at home. Axel and I boarded the Rock/Flying duel type to take us to Dragon's Den.

Eve once again mooched a ride on Jace, while Raiden sent out a long steel disc colored silver with a metallic blue tint. On its orb like shoulders were screws jutting out the back, a magnet forming hands, and an eye on each shoulder. A third magnet stuck out from its back like a tail and a red eye adorned its front. A yellow rod stuck out of a grey plate on the creature's head.

"So your Magneton evolved I see." I said stating the obvious.

"Indeed. It happened when I was in Sinnoh last fall." Raiden responded as the Magnezone attached itself to metal plates on Raiden's back that he had modified to his uniform. "Well, shall we be off?" Each of us nodded as we left the roof.

The group flew over the city virtually out of sight until we hovered over Dragon's Den. Standing on the landmass between Blackthorn City's lagoon and the entrance of the cavern below us was a lone guard. Unknown to him, he would soon be taking an unexpected nap. It was time for our plan to begin!

"Get ready Diva." said Eve sinisterly. Out of the Dusk Ball in her hand came a black mist with purple highlights that soon formed into the devilish Banette. Diva made a spine chilling hiss as she contorted her body like she was stretching after being cramped inside her ball. The wicked Ghost-type floated an inch above Chane's Pidgeot in preparation for her command.

"Do your best Izzy." Chane said gently as she held out a Pokéball releasing a tall, mostly green bipedal dinosaur like creature in midair. All I saw of the Breloom as she fell from the sky was her green mushroom-capped head with red orbs on the sides and her long off white tail tipped with four green spheres.

"Now Diva! Hold Izzy in the air with Psychic. And be gentle Sweety. We don't want to hurt our companion." Eve told. I wasn't sure if the ensuing screech from the deranged spirit was one of compliance or one of disappointment at not being able to brutalize the half Fighting-type. Either way, she did as told suspending the Mushroom Pokémon right above our target. So long as the guard doesn't look up in the next minute everything should run smoothly.

"Thank you Eve." Chane said gratefully. "Izzy, could you please use Spore to put that man to sleep?" To say the least, it was a rather unusual way to give a command, but it seemed to work for their team seeing that a pale green power began poring out of the mushroom on Izzy's head. The man below began to slowly nod off until finally succumbing to the attack and slumping over into a sitting position with his head in his lap. Part Two was a success.

With the guard asleep, Izzy was the first to be lowered to the ground touching down on her red talons and standing a full four feet tall about. Aerodactyl was the next to land followed by Jace and last was Raiden. As soon as Chane got off of her Pidgeot, she ran over to give her Breloom a hug. "You were great Izzy!" she complemented.

"Return your Pokémon everyone. We cannot dawdle out here too long, we do not want to get caught before we even get to do what we are here for." Raiden ordered as he called back his Magnezone. They rest of us did as instructed leaving Axel as the only Pokémon remaining as usual. Without further delay, we entered the Dragon's Den.

The moment we set foot in the underground cavern, my entire being began quivering. It was both an ominous feeling and a sense of belonging at the same time. I felt at peace and yet I wanted to lash out to release the surge of energy that passed through me. What was this? Every breath I took was like becoming one with the Dragon's Den.

"Yo! Are you still alive in there?" questioned Axel smacking my back and effectively breaking my trance.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I responded coming back to my senses. "What is our next order of business Master Raiden?" I asked of our superior.

"We split up and investigate." he answered nonchalantly. "Eve and Chane will take the eastern part of the Den, Brian and I will examine the western half." Raiden went over pointing to each side as he spoke. "We will rendezvous at the Shrine in the center of the cavern where Eve will have Rosarade use Grass Whistle to put the Clan Elder and everyone inside to sleep. At that point we will go over everything our respective groups have uncovered. Understood?" The three of us nodded in the affirmative before moving out to our respective areas.

Raiden, Axel, and I carefully inspected the Westside making sure nothing was left unnoticed. When there was no longer any land for us to investigate, I sent out Snorlax for us to Surf on.

"Brian, can I ask you a personal question?" inquired the third seat with a serious tone. I turned to him in slight confusion. Sure Raiden was a serious guy, but he also seemed unconcerned with what the rest of us did so long as we didn't cause too much trouble. This time however, he seemed as if he was concerned about something.

"Go ahead." I said giving him permission as I was curious as to what he wanted to know.

"How much are you willing to give up for Team Neos?" Raiden asked just as seriously as before. I was even more confused now.

"What do you mean?" I asked hoping to get more detail.

"I mean Axel. You and he are very close, and I do not expect the two of you to ever separate. However, just like you observed this morning, our squad made the news. As we go on more high profile missions our endeavors will continue to be noticed. It would not be long before people realize that an Infernape with gold fur is hanging around Team Neos. Those who already know you will make the connection. Strangers who see you on the street will be able to identify you as a member. You will have to sacrifice the pleasures of an ordinary life if you continue to wear that uniform. Are you prepared for that?"

I had never really thought about that before. I looked behind me to Axel who had also heard Raiden's rationalization. He simply gave me the look that said ‘I'll follow you no matter what.' The true reality of what I had gotten myself into weighed heavily on my mind, but I had already made my choice.

"Master Raiden. I joined Team Neos so that I could change the world. Even if I must die in the process, as long as I give up my life knowing that I made a difference in bettering the lives of both mankind and Pokémon, then my sacrifice wasn't in vain." I said calmly. Raiden nodded in understanding.

"I see you have already made your peace with what is to come. It is the duty of the commanding officer to help his subordinates, therefore I will grant you assistance where ever and whenever you need it so do not be afraid to ask." my commander affirmed. I smiled and nodded in appreciation.

The rest of the swim was silent save for he sound of water. That feeling I had before came back while I sat idle on Snorlax without distraction. We continued the reconnaissance once the Sleeping Pokémon got to the next landmass. During the investigation we gathered a good bit of data on Dragon's Den, but nothing that I perceived as being too useful for Team Neos. Who knows though, Raiden might know how this information could be helpful.

The sound of a soothing whistle suddenly echoed through the underground cave. I felt my eyelids grow heavy and had to smack myself to stay awake. Eve and Chane must have made it to the Shrine. It also meant that we were nearing the Shrine as well.

"We have learned everything we can over hear. Let us rejoin with the others." declared Raiden. Once again Raiden, Axel, and I boarded my rotund blue bear in order to swim to the designated rendezvous point.

"So, what did the two of you find?" questioned our leader.

"Ummm… Just this." Chane said pulling a pointed white tooth from her pocket. "I-it was just laying there and Eve said to take it with us."

"It looked important so I figured what the hell." added Eve to justify herself.

"Can I have a look at that?" I posed holding out my hands to either catch the object or have it handed off.

"Uhhh… Sure." answered Chane handing it to me. The moment my hand touched the tooth a surge of power shot through my body causing my muscles to spasm and my nerves to fire off wildly. I screamed from the sheer intensity of it all. My head was spinning in a whirlwind of madness. I though I had heard Axel call my name, but it sounded so distant. I feel to my knees from loss of control over my body while I gripped my head. I have no memory of what happened after that.
-----------

Why do I feel so dizzy? I tried opening my eyes, but they could only flickered not fully open. It felt like the whole area around me was spinning. I lifted my right arm and threw it over my face. The way it fell and that fact that there was a cool damp washcloth on my forehead told me I was laying down on my back.

"Ah! Y-you're awake!" I heard Chane say with relief.

"Wha happen? Whe am I?" I asked jadedly unable to form tangible words quite yet.

"*Mocking laughter* You fainted you wuss. Then we had to drag your sorry ass all the way home." Eve ridiculed.

"Be nice Eve!" Chane defended. I tried saying thanks, but all that came out was a weak hum. Next I tried sitting up, but attempting to rise only made me feel lightheaded. Before I fell back, I felt a hand grab me and help me sit up. By now I could see again and standing over me was the ever faithful Axel.

"Take it easy monkey boy." the Flame Pokémon told me. I nodded to him gratefully.

The only people in the room were the girls still wearing their uniforms with the hood down and we two monkeys. I was also still in my pale grey uniform with the hood down. In my hand was the washcloth that I'm guessing Chane put on me. The lights in the room were off with the only light coming from the window behind the bed I was laying in. Even then the sun was beginning to set leaving the room a mix of gold and red. We hadn't had a chance to claim rooms before leaving on our mission, but I guess this one is now mine by default.

"So tell me, what happened back there?" I inquired.

"I told you, you passed out like a wuss wuss. I guess it was past baby's naptime." Eve continued to tease obnoxiously.

"R-Raiden thinks it had something to do with the Dragon Fang I gave you." Chane explained wrought with guilt. The poor girl couldn't even look me in the face when she said it. She looked like she was about to cry.

"It's not your fault Chane." I attempted to consol. "I'm the one who asked you for the Dragon Fang plus neither one of us expected me to have such an adverse reaction to it. So put it behind you. I'm alive and I think I'm healthy therefore we don't have a problem."

"Thanks." Chane said gratefully giving me a hug. I heard Eve snickering in the corner. I'm sure she had something nasty going on in that mind of hers. When Chane released me, she said "You should go see Raiden. He may not say it out loud, but I think he was worried about you too."

I left the room with Axel to look around the apartment for Raiden. In the living room Zack sat watching TV wearing a different outfit than this morning, this one consisting of a blue silk shirt and white slacks.

"How did the Gym battle go?" I asked Zack walking up behind him. He turned his head back to me allowing me to see a few minor cuts on his face along with a melancholy expression.

"Not only did I loose to Clair by attempting to draw out the match, but then she had her Kingdra use Dragon Pulse on me." he replied dejectedly. I waited quietly for him to say exactly why she would do that. "I mean, all I did was ask her out to dinner as my treat for being the superior trainer."

"And what else did you say?" I pressed knowing that wasn't the full story.

"Well, I may have mentioned how nice her body looked in blue leather and that I wouldn't mind her using that whip of hers on me. I mean come on! You can't dress like a dominatrix and not expect that kind of request." And there it was. Axel and I couldn't help but laugh at him. "It's not funny! Dragon Pulse is not a fun attack to be the victim of, especially when you're human!" he complained.

"I understand." I said trying to empathize. It was hard because I've never been hit with a Dragon Pulse and it was just too funny.

"There you are Brian." came Raiden's voice as he joined us. "Are you feeling well?"

"I am." I responded. "Thanks for bringing me back."

"You should be thanking Axel. He knew which Pokéballs Snorlax and Aerodactyl were in to help transport you. All I did was help Axel carry you back to your room." Raiden said modestly. "Anyway, whether or not we have a mission tomorrow, you will have the day off to recover."

"Can we make it the next two days? I would like to see a certain doctor in White City about my condition." I requested.

"Very well." he allowed.

"By the way, what ever happened to the Dragon Fang?" I asked.

"Do not worry about the Dragon Fang. I have it in a safe place. Just make sure you do not touch it again." informed Raiden. Don't have to tell me twice.
---------

The following morning I left for the nearest airport to book a flight for White City. It was too long of a trip for Aerodactyl to make and I figured I had been giving him enough of a work out the last few days anyway.

"Brian. Last night Riolu told me that lately he's been sensing a change in your aura. He said that the biggest spike came when we were in the Dragon's Den." Axel brought up while we waited for the gates to open.

"Well as soon as we get to White City, I'm having Prof. Himee do a blood test on me. We'll have answers soon enough." I reassured. For awhile I had thought about asking Strife Maxwell what was going on since he seems to know a bit more about my family history than I do. It didn't take me long to dismiss the idea as he may know and not tell me, or he'll find away to better use me to his advantage and I will not allow myself to become his tool.

"Flight 3582 to White City is now boarding. Repeat, Flight 3582 to White City now boarding." an announcement over the speakers said. Axel and I got up from our seats to make our way to the gate.

Good job sticking to a schedule :)

Interesting little development there - was the Dragon's Den operation a ruse then or did it perhaps serve some real purpose? Nice, also, to see the colouration of Axel brought up as a potential health hazard, though I doubt that Brian would really want to part with him.

PS ChanexBrian XD

Psycho Monkey

In Kingdom Heart 358/2 Days Roxas is given recon missions when sent to a new world for the first time so I figured Team Neos would also send scouts out to investigate new areas even if the importance isn't too explicit at first.

In other words, there was a point to them going to Dragon's Den. I mean seriously, do you think the plot is one giant conspiracy to screw with Brian? :p

I have a feeling that I know what type Brian is... Can't wait to read (it's not like I can see it...) his face! So if I am correct, then there was a reason for going to the Dragon's Den.

Heheee...

I wish we could have seen Zach VS Clair... mainly for the ending...

I really enjoyed this chapter ^^ Zach receiving a Dragon Pulse to the face was hilarious. But this chapter brought up some intriguing points--particularly the parts about Brian's super healing and his aura changing. The next chapter will definitely be interesting now and I look forward to it.

Oh, and Mr. Psycho, my apologies for sinking your ship...

Lol, Eve gets caught on an important detail. I wonder when she'll slip up again…

Oooh, Brian has uber-healing powers? I wonder why. Maybe it's because he is a superhuman or infused with Pokemon genes.

Sorry, just speculating.

I'm curious to see how this would go. However, to combat the ‘I'm-a-gold-Infernape-and-thus-noticeable' issue, why not temp dye the fur?

Psycho Monkey

Actually Secad, Brian and Axel are opposed to changing their appearances for anyone.

In other new, Prof. Himee's dialect pissed off MS Word enough that I no longer have spellcheck :p.

Chapter 23: I Am Not An Experiment!

"Passengers of Flight 3582 now unboarding. We hope you enjoyed your flight and will enjoy your stay in White City. Have a nice day and please fly with Poké Airlines again!" spoke the intercom as we left the terminal.

"Hmph. Enjoy the flight my ass." I complained rubbing the inside of my ear with my pinky. My ears were still ringing from the jetlag which had also given me a headache. I had taken two aspirin before landing but unfortunately they haven't kicked in yet.

"Seriously, what was with all of those people staring at us? It's like they've never seen a Pokémon flying coach before." Axel whined. During the flight, the other passengers kept gawking at me and Axel. Some even turned to whisper to the person sitting next to them. The two most likely possibilities were Axel's fur and the fact that all Pokémon were supposed to be in their Pokéballs during the flight. The only reason I got away with it was by wearing a pair of sunglasses, horn rimmed naturally, and convincing security that I was blind. Axel, being my seeing-eye-Pokémon, didn't have a Pokéball because I needed him to guide me. Just to better uphold the charade, I closed my eyes so that I really wouldn't be able to see. It wouldn't be the first illegal thing I've done.

I decided it would be best if I left the shades on until we got to Prof. Himee's lab. I would rather not get arrested today, especially for such an innocent misdemeanor as this. Once the two of us got outside I was glad I left the glasses on because of how bright the sun was today. Even with sunglasses I still had to squint which did nothing for my lingering headache.

The airport was in the main city area, same as the Committee building, so it was a pretty long walk to the lab. I didn't really mind though as I liked being outside when it's warm. If I was more familiar with the area I would have probably taken the long way just to enjoy the weather. Regardless, there was a reason I was here and Raiden had only given me two days off to take care of things so I had to work fast.
----------

About half an hour later I crossed the bridge that led to the large white rectangular lab. The building practically glowed in the sunlight. I walked up the left side of the double staircase to the glass doors located under an awning giving the entrance and upper part of the stairs shade from the sun. When I entered through the glass doors I was hit with a burst of nostalgia. It felt like it had been forever since I was here, though in reality it had been only a little over a month.

"Himee! I'm home!" I shouted excitedly from the first floor lobby. I stood with my arms wide spread but there wasn't a response from anyone. I sighed in annoyance that not one person was around to greet me. I took off my sunglasses and hung them on my shirt collar, quickly choosing to go seek out someone rather then wait in the lobby completely ignored. "Prof. Himee! Asuna! Is anyone around?" I called as I went up the spiral stairway.

"Intruder!" yelled Prof. Himee jumping out from behind a corner with a metal bucket on his head and a pillow tied to his chest while holding a frying pan. I fell into Axel who was behind me with a startled scream having been caught completely off guard by the old man's stunt. The loss of balance caused us both to fall to the floor. The mad scientist looked down at us with a curious look. "Oh I remember you now! Slappy Joe and Monkey Fist!" he stated as if he knew exactly what he was talking about. I jut looked up at Himee with a confused expression.

"I… I think you mean Brian and Axel." I corrected getting back up. Axel used me as support as he pulled himself off the floor, more out of spite for me making him fall than because he couldn't get up by himself.

"Zhat is vhat I said; Brian and Axel. You must be getting deaf. Is all zhat loud music you fledglings listen to. So tragic." Himee sighed disappointedly. That isn't what's tragic here. I might as well let it go, it's not like correcting him gets us anywhere.

"Right then, can I ask a favor from you Prof. Himee?" I inquired. I then held out my arms to be at his mercy. "I need you to take a blood sample."

"Vhat zhe hell are you talking about? I am not a vampire!" Himee rejected. I stared at him with my mouth hanging open. Where did he get vampire from?

"He means he wants a blood test." Asuna said walking out of the room behind me. I hadn't noticed before, but it was the same one Himee blew up last time. It had a new door on it now. "As in an experiment." she said with emphasis to drive the point home. The old man's face lit up like a child on Christmas.

"I love an experiment!" the professor cheered. "But before ve start, I must find zhose damn leprechauns! Zhey stole my undervhere again!" he rambled aimlessly. I guess that would explain the outfit and why he attacked me. Asuna face palmed with a sigh.

"Professor, it has been weeks since you did your own laundry. I took your clothes to get them washed for you so that you could continue your research unbothered." she confessed. Himee's eyes widened as an alarmed look over too his face.

"Asuna is a leprechaun! Get her Brian!" he declared illogically.

"First I want you to test my blood! Test it for any and all abnormalities, even genetic ones!" I asserted. "Do that for me, and I will help you catch Asuna." I agreed even if it was complete madness.

"Oh fine zhen." Prof. Himee agreed unhappily. "Besides, I might need her help anyvay vith all zhe tests you vant us to run. And for vhat purpose?" he asked.

"This." I said pulling what was left of my right glove from my pocket. I handed the article to Himee to look at. "Do you see that huge gash in the palm and the dried blood around it? I was wounded by a Scyther not even a week ago." I explained.

"So you vant to know if you got infected vith somezing?" inquired the scientist looking over the black glove. I held out my naked palm for him to observe next.

"More like I want to know why I fully healed so quickly without even a scar." I said straightforwardly. Both Himee and Asuna began grabbing at my hand to look it over. "I've experienced other strange things as well lately that I want answers to." I added.

"Zhis vill be exciting!" declared Prof. Himee without hesitation.

"I agree! Come with us Brian, we'll draw your blood right away!" Asuna agreed with as much enthusiasm as her boss.
------------------

Axel was a nervous wreck; the monkey paced back and forth moaning anxiously every couple of seconds as he turned to me. I was strapped to a chair with a tourniquet on my left bicep to get the vein on my arm to pop up. Once that was ready, Asuna was going to stick me with a needle to draw the blood as neither of us trusted Himee to do that much. Afterward, I would be free to go and Himee would call me when the tests were done.

"Are you sure you want to do this? I mean… n-needles?" Axel chattered tensely.

"Unlike you, I'm not scared of needles, plus I need this done to better understand all the weird stuff that's been happening to me lately." I reminded.

"Ready Brian?" asked Asuna coming to me with a giant needle attached to a bag. Axel shrieked like a little girl monkey before jumping into the smallest space he could fit in curling up into the fetal position. I'll make fun of him for being a coward later.

"Go for it." I consented. There was a slight pinch as the needle entered my vein, but after that it was more uncomfortable having the foreign object in me than it actually hurt. As I watched the blood flow into the bag, I began to feel slightly light headed but not like I was going to passout.

"There. All done." Asuna said putting gauze over the needle prior to pulling it out so that I wouldn't bleed all over the place. "How do you feel?" she asked securing the gauze with medical tape.

"Not bad." I answered. "I have to go find a way to amuse myself now while you do your tests right?"

"Himee already has several experiments set up. He'll notify you when we've got something." she confirmed.

"Right. Axel! Let's go!" I called to the pitiful monkey after getting out of the chair only slightly dizzied. He squeaked as he tried freeing himself from his self imposed purgatory. I made sure my phone was on before walking back outside. The time was 2:18p, so hopefully they'd have something before it got too late.

"Are you ok? Tell me you're still alive!" Axel pleaded pathetically.

"I'm hungry. Let's get some lunch first, then we can go find ways to amuse ourselves." I said putting my sunglasses back on. That was obviously good enough for the Infernape seeing that he answered with a pleased cheer.
-----------

"Aw don't feel bad Riolu. This just isn't our specialty." I consoled to my young Emanation Pokémon. While waiting for Prof. Himee's call, I figured I'd try my hand at something new; contests. Of all days, they just happened to be holding a contest in the hall at the northern point of the city. I chose Riolu as my Pokémon because he's young, adorable, and cute. Unfortunately, I soon learned that it takes more then just appearance to win one of those things. Needless to say, we lost in the first round. My Pokémon and I are definitely more suited for combat than we are for appeals.

"Besides Riolu, Contests are for chicks and gay guys anyway." Axel added rudely.

"Be nice Axel. You know Rio looks up to you so don't be a bad influence." I scolded. The monkey crossed his arms grumpily while growling. Someone's moody today. At that moment my phone began vibrating. I immediately pulled it out of my pocket to answer. "Ya?" I asked after filling it open and putting it to my ear.

"Brian! Get back to my lab quickly! Zhere is much to discuss!" Himee requested urgently. There was a click on the other end of him hanging up. I pulled my phone away from my ear and stared at it. I wonder what that was about. It had only taken him a little less than two hours to find something, and it was obviously something incredible to get a reaction like that from him.

"Come Axel! Himee's on to something!" I commanded shoving my cell back into my pocket and breaking into a run toward the lab. The Flame Pokémon dashed behind me having no trouble keeping up even with Riolu on his shoulders. When I returned, I jumped up the steps of the facility taking two at a time. If one of the aides hadn't opened the door to leave, I think I might have crashed through the glass doors.

"Hey! What's your problem!" the guy yelled as I pushed past him.

"Sorry about that!" apologized Axel for me as I was already tearing up the spiral stairwell. When I made it to the top, I fell to my knees panting. I guess I hadn't recovered enough blood yet to go through that kind of physical activity. But wasn't I supposed to be a fast healer?

"You look a mess. Don't tell me you ran all the way here." Asuna observed coming to get me. I giggled shamelessly in response. "*Sigh* Well come on. Himee is in his loft on the third floor." she said. Axel, now on the second floor with me, picked me up so that we could follow Asuna to the next floor.

"So what did Prof. Himee find?" I inquired while we travelled through a door in the far back of the lab. It was in this room that the stairs for the third floor resided. Three aides wearing white lab coats were sitting at their desks, one doing paperwork, another was tweaking what looked like a weathervane, and the third was looking at a map.

"That is for him to tell you. Besides, I'd rather not say when there are other ears around." she whispered. That only made me all the more curious as to what could be so clasified. Oh well, very soon I would know.

My heart pounded and my body trembled in anticipation. Up the stairs we went. Very soon. Around the corner. Very soon. To the wooden door of Himee's loft. Very soon! "He's here Professor!" Asuna called knocking on the door. I heard Himee scrambling on the other side to open the door. How long is this going to take!? Seconds felt like minutes, I don't think I can take the wait any longer! At last the wooden door flew open. The old man reached out, grabbed me by the shirt collar, and yanked me inside.

"You are a remarkable specimen!" Himee complemented as he slammed the door.

"Uh… what about Axel?" I questioned as the monkey didn't have a chance to come in after me before the mad scientist shut the door.

"Yes, yes. He's a remarkable specimen as vell." responded the professor oblivious to what I meant.

"No, he's still outside. I want him in here." I clarified. Himee looked at me in confusion as if I were crazy. He then started looking around the room.

"Vhere's Axel?" he asked.

"Outside." I reminded. I would have probably found this a lot funnier if what he had to tell me wasn't so catastrophically important. Prof. Himee scratched his balding head of wild white hair prior to turning around to open the door. No sooner had the brown board creaked, a golden blur pushed through nearly tackling me to the ground.

"How could you let him lock me out!" cried the Infernape throwing his hands on my shoulders and shaking me. The abuse I take.

"Will you behave yourself?" I reprimanded smacking his arms off of me. Following a well needed sigh, I began looking around for a place to sit. It was the first time I had ever really been in Prof. Himee's loft, every other time I had only stood at the entrance. First off, the room was in complete disarray; papers, boxes, various scientific instruments, clothes, and a ton of other junk littered the floors in stacks. No wonder Asuna had to come in and do his laundry. There were three desks in the room, each one equally covered in various papers and equipment. And then there was the pink bovine Pokémon with a black head, black spots, and small horns in the right hand corner standing on a platform with a bale of hay in a trough.

"Himee. Why is there a Miltank in here?" I asked in bewilderment.

"Oh zhat's Millie. I got tired off asking ozher people to get me milk, so I found a better vay. Now I get free MooMoo Milk every day! Is very nutritious." He told gleefully. I understood completely, it made perfect sense, and this was Prof. Himee. Damn he's an awesome role model. Hearing that also helped to ease my tension. This world needs more crazy people.

I finally found a soft recliner in the midst all the mess to make myself comfortable in. Luckily there were three chairs all situated around a small table for each of us. If I could give a color scheme to the lab, this room was a light brown where the floor, walls, door, and tables were wood while the rest of the building was clean silver and made of more modern materials. There was no mistake; this was definitely the room of an old man.

"Anyvay, you vanted us to test for everyzing and so ve did. Vhat I found vas zhat unlike normal humans who have twenty-shree chromosomes, you have twenty shree and a half." Himee enlightened.

"H-half!?" I stammered in astonishment. "But how? What is it? What is that half?"

"It is a chromosome zhat is normally found in a Pokémon. Zhis particular vone determines zhe Pokémon's type and vhat moves it can learn. Vhat I do not understand is vhy you only have vone copy and not two like a normal Pokémon." the Professor analyzed.

"It's because I'm not a Pokémon! I shouldn't even have this! It has to be a mistake!" I yelled in denial.

"I zhought zhe same zhing. Zhat is vhy I did zhe test shree times." Himee affirmed. "According to zhe analysis, you are a member of zhe Dragon-type. Zhere vere also trace amounts of shinkasterone in you blood vhich is a hormone zhat causes Pokémon evolution. Shinka is anozher vord for evolution and —asterone is a common hormone suffix. Basically, you just evolved or are about to. Zhis hormone would have been found in Axel before and after his evolutions to Monferno and Infernape."

I sat in the chair silently leaning forward with my head down trying to absorb it all. I'm a Dragon. I'm freshly evolved or about to. What's going on here? None of this makes any sense! I think my mind is about to explode!

"How did this happen? Answer that! I must know!" I shouted suddenly. I couldn't believe this! Not without proof or some sort of explanation.

"Vell in order for a Pokémon to evolve, certain conditions must be met. Reaching a certain level of strength, stimulation from certain items, or strong emotional attachments can all lead to a spontaneous release of shinkasterone and zhus evolution. But zhe zhing is, shinkasterone only lingers in zhe blood for about a day or so, and you said zhese strange occurrences have been going on for a couple of veeks." said the old man without truly answering any of my questions.

"And what about my stimulation!?" I demanded. Prof. Himee started rubbing his chin while he pondered my question. He suddenly looked up as if he had just come to a conclusion.

"Zhat is it! Of course, it vas so simple, vhy did I not see it before. Oh I feel so foolish. Zhis changes everyzhing!" he declared passionately. At last I might get some answers. "Asuna! Zhe red drapes vould look best in zhe zhird floor east ving!" he shouted. My jaw fell open weightlessly. How did such a random thought come from something so serious?

"Focus Himee!" I ordered.

"Focus? Focus on vhat?" he asked unknowingly. Before I could answer him with the tongue lashing I had in store for such a careless question, I was interrupted by Riolu's frantic barks. I looked over at Axel who was holding the upset Emanation Pokémon. The small puppy was focused directly on me as he yapped his head off.

"He says he senses your aura changing again. It has him very panicked?" the monkey translated as he held Riolu at bay.

"I figured it out! Forme shifting!" Himee announced jumping out of his seat. "It bozhered me from zhe beginning zhat you only had vone copy of zhe gene and not two. Having a second copy vould have made you a full Dragon or a duel type, but zhis means zhat you did not evolve, razher zhe Dragon gene was dormant until you unknowingly activated it. Zhe reason you still look human and still have traces of shinkasterone is because you can change forme." the old man hypothesized.

"Forme shifting? Explain." I pressed getting calmer now that I had a potential answer to my problem.

"Vhat is zhe veazher like outside?" Himee asked out of nowhere.

"Sunny, why?" I inquired.

"I vill show you! Come, come my boy! Zhere is still much to be done!" the Professor declared hurrying out of of the room. Axel, Riolu, and I had no choice but to chase after him if we wanted answers. It wasn't until we were outside that Prof. Himee produced a half red half white sphere from his lab coat.

"Aww. Is not as sunny as it vas earlier. Guess I vill haff to use Sunny Day. Men, zhis is Castform!" he said throwing the Pokéball in the air where it opened shooting a red ball of engery from its hollow interior. The red light materialized into a small grey ball shaped head sitting on top of a cloud. The head had a friendly expression, white rings around its eyes, and a small whisp on its head. For the first time in a while, I pulled out my Pokédex as I did not recognize this particular species.

‘CASTFORM, THE WEATHER POKÉMON. THIS POKÉMON CHANGES ITS FORME WITH THE WEATHER TO PROTECT ITS SMALL BODY.' the entry read.

"I've heard of Castform, but I've never seen one up close. So this is what they look like." I stated. I had to admit, I was cuious as to what the little monster could do along with how it related to my condition.

"Oh you have not see nozhing yet. Cast your Sunny Day Castform!" Himee told his Pokémon. The Weather Pokémon briefly started glowing white until his pent up energy shot into the sky. Though it was quarter to five, the sun immediately brightened back to the way it was several hours ago. To my amazement, Castform began changing right before my eyes as if it was evolving. Soon the Pokémon floating near Himee's head was an orange sphere with numerous smaller orbs attached to it making the head look like a sun sitting on top of a fluffier white cloud.

"Interesting." Axel said while Riolu got his exercise by jumping over the monkey's tail as it wagged back and forth about one and a half feet off the ground.

"Did it just evolve?" I asked utterly perplexed.

"No, no. Is like Cherrim who blossoms in zhe sunlight, only Castform has two ozher formes depending on zhe veazher." clarified Himee. I nodded in understanding by what he had meant by Forme Shifting now. So this is how it's done. "Veazher is Castform's stimulation, now ve must find yours." said the old man. I couldn't agree more.
-------------

As it would turn out, there was a basement below the first floor that Prof. Himee hadn't shown me we he gave me the tour the last time I was here. I can almost imagine why too. When one enters the basement, they come to a fork. One fork leads up a short flight of stairs to an observation deck full of monitoring equipment and a large window overlooking a large grey empty room with a single door. The second fork leads into that room. I had been in the grey room for roughly an hour meditating in order to access my Dragon power while Himee, Asuna, Axel, and Riolu crowded into the observation deck.

"How long is this going to take? I'm not changing at all!" I called up to them.

"He has been in there awhile Professor. Should we try a different approach?" questioned Asuna over the open channel speakers we set up so that I could hear everything they said up there. That way I wouldn't be kept in the dark if the scientists came up with a new hypothesis, nor would I get bored from no interaction.

"Zhen it is time for Plan B." declared Prof. Himee.

"Plan B? What's Plan B?" I questioned. There was a long silence until the door at the front of the room opened. The mad scientist's arm up to his elbow entered the room with a Pokéball in his hand. No sooner had the ball opened bringing forth Castform, did Himee retract his hand and shut the door.

"Professor, you're not!" cried Asuna.

"He's not gonna what?" asked Axel worriedly.

"Castform!" called Himee reentering the observation deck. "Powder Snow!" He wouldn't dare! If I'm a Dragon-type and Dragon's are weak to Ice-type attacks then-

"You senile bastard old man!" I yelled as cold air and small ice fragments struck my body. I crossed my arms to shield myself from the bone chilling attack. For as long as I can remember, I've never liked the cold but I could grudgingly tolerate it. I could travel in winter, I could stand in the snow, and I could fight in the Ice Path in Johto and Icefall Cave in the Sevii Islands. It was a typical human reaction. But not this time. This time was just torture!

"Enough!" I roared throwing my right arm out. Words can't even describe the shock I felt when a green burst of raw energy shot from my hand at Castform. The Weather Pokémon cried out as the attack struck, sending the small Pokémon hurdling into the wall behind it, then falling to the floor unconscious.

"No way! That was a Dragon Pulse wasn't it?" cried Asuna fearfully.

"Holy fucking shit!" Axel screamed over a barking Riolu.

"Himee! What the fuck was that supposed to be!? I am not your fucking experiment that you can do what ever the hell you want to! Now get back down here so that I can rip your god damn head off!" I shouted.

"No vay am I going down zhere and getting my god damn head ripped off." Himee said calmly as if my threat was something minor. In annoyance I began clawing at the metal wall of the grey room beneath the window. Even with my hands glowing with an unstable blue aura which I perceived as my Dragon Claw attack, I was leaving only minimal gashes in the wall.

"It vould seem zhat aggression is zhe trigger for zhe Forme Shift and vonce transformed zhat aggression is hightened as can be observed by zhe subject's clawing at zhe vall." Prof. Himee noted. "Is a good zhing zhat despite zhere incredible strength, Dragon-types cannot damage Steel-types or any metal for zhat matter."

"So we're safe up here until he calms down?" Asuna wondered nervously.

"No you're not! And I told you, I am NOT your subject!" I growled fiercely. I pulled my right arm down to my side. I could feel the energy course through my body into my appendage where it gathered and condensed in my palm. I thrust my arm into the air launching another Dragon Pulse up the side of the wall causing the window to shatter when it got that high. I could hear the screams of everyone above.

"Brian!" shouted Axel jumping out of the shattered window. As the Infernape fell, he lifted his leg to his torso. When the monkey was just barely a leg's length above me, he brought his foot down in a drop kick to the back of my skull causing my head, followed by my neck and shoulders, to jerk forward so that they were parallel with the floor.

"Axel." I said nonchalantly as I lifted my body back into its upright position. The golden monkey stared back at me defiantly. "I give up." I surrendered thowing both arms in the air and slightly lowering my head.
-----------

"Sorry about that Prof. Himee. Sorry Asuna." I apologized to each of them back in Himee's loft. There was no need to say anything to my Pokémon, Axel already got back at me, and Riolu was just happy that I turned back into my human forme. "So do the two of you think I'll ever be able to control this transformation at will?" I asked them.

"Zhat is for you to find out Brian." Himee answered flatly. I sighed in disappointment.

"You are our first case like this. I'll see if I can't dig up any instances of this in the past, but it will more than likely just be a wild goose chase. Sorry." Asuna added with a sense of hopelessness.

"Don't worry about it. I'll run my own tests and see if I can't learn some self-control. I would hate to change into my Dragon Forme at the wrong time in the wrong place." I affirmed optimistically. "Well thanks for everything guys. I'll be sure to keep you in the loop if I notice or come up with anything."

"Ve vill do zhe same!" the old man declared. "Is late now, so vhy not stay here for zhe night?" he offered. There was no reason for me to decline, so I gratefully accepted.
------------

The following morning was a blast. Prof. Himee was beyond thrilled when his missing underwear returned. Just to humor him, Asuna said she had caught the leprechauns and stolen his clothes back. I had offered to make breakfast, but Himee insisted that we have Lucky Charms instead just to stick it to the leprechauns. I could hardly eat because I was laughing so hard. Now that the worst was over, I could finally relax. After all, it wasn't like I changed; it was more like going through a second puberty only this time it was completely unnatural and I had no one to explain what was happening.

I made sure that I called Raiden directly after breakfast to find out where I should meet the squad when I got back, to which he replied that we have a mission in Ecruteak City. Since he had given me two days off, I booked a later flight and used most of this day to hang out with Himee and to help out around the lab. As I had guessed by Castform and the instruments the aides had been using the day before, Prof. Himee was doing weather based research. I assume he finished (or got bored with) the work he was doing on the Pokéballs last time. Unfortunately, there just weren't enough hours in the day until it was time for me to go.

"Do be careful vhen you fly. Zhose damn gremlins vill make zhe plane crash if you are not alert." warned the mad scientist unnecessarily.

"I will be sure to warn the pilot then." I said trying to keep a straight face. I reapplied my sunglasses fully prepared to pull the blind man stunt again.

"Back to work again already." groaned Axel. No, it would still be a long time before our work was done. In fact, I would even go so far as to say our work was just beginning.

Oh dear, what a developement.

"It vould seem zhat aggression is zhe trigger for zhe Forme Shift and vonce transformed zhat aggression is hightened as can be observed by zhe subject's clawing at zhe vall." Prof. Himee noted.

He sounds sooooo calm. XDDD Wow, that last sentence summed this chapter up perfectly. I like how you also added type logic in here as well, Powder Snow damaging Brian and his Dragon attacks uneffective against the steel walls.

My my my, what have we here? Brian certainly is a little Gary Stu, isn't he? :p

Fun writing as ever, should also be interesting to see Brian's training develop.

(Pst Brian I think GengarShadow52 is trying to get into your pants.)

By the way, I love Himee. To death and beyond. He is the definition of insane awesome. Which is now an adjective. I really, really hope he comes back xD

Also, this is a very interesting development. I'm way wayyyy intrigued by your fic, and I hope you enjoy writing it as much as we enjoy reading it :D

Psycho Monkey

@Tatile: Yeah I know he's a Gary, I even pointed that out in the Mary/Gary Test topic. But that doesn't mean I can't find a way to make Dragon forme as much of a liability as it is an asset right?

@Cody: I couldn't stop laughing while writting Prof. Himee's lines so you know I enjoy this. I wouldn't write if it wasn't amusing.

@Chibi: Well, he's a scientist so he views things objectively but he's also completely off the wall insane so he doesn't percieve any danger so long as he doesn't go down their and 'get his god damn head ripped off'. XD

@Gengar: Not you, I'm sorry.

Well, that's all the comments so far, so have a nice day everyone. I won't say anything on what's to come, but it will be fun.

*punches the air*

I knew it! The Dragon's Den, the Dragon fang... Makes sense doesn't it?

I agree with Psycho on the Gary thing. Aura's a Mary according to the test or whatever... *goes off topic for ages*

Himee better stay in the story. He. Is. God.

Rex

Resident Furry
In other new, Prof. Himee's dialect pissed off MS Word enough that I no longer have spellcheck :p.

[quote author:psycho Monkey link=topic=5350.msg123518#msg123518 date=1258230045]

Now get back down here so that I can rip your god damn head off!" I shouted.

"No vay am I going down zhere and getting my god damn head ripped off."
[/quote]

I love the Professor, he's the best comic relief character I've ever seen.