• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

S.T.A.B.-Only Tournament - Matchups

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
STABONLY_zpsxjjjehjw.png

Signups are over and matchups are up. We'll be doing things a little different this time around, so here's how it'll be going.

There will be five rounds in total where you will be matched up against a random opponent. The following four rounds will be matched up depending on the result of your previous match, however if this would put you against someone you've already battled you will be given someone you've not yet battled instead. The top two players will then battle in a BEST TWO OUT OF THREE match to decide the champion.

Match results are to be posted in here by both players. Also, both players will be required to confirm how many Pokemon the winner had left as well, as that will have an effect on the final result.

Finally, please post any match replays to me via private message, NOT in this topic. You will be disqualified if you post a replay in here as this will reveal an opponent's team to other players. I will then post them into the Battle Videos thread.

A results table will be made to show how everyone is doing, and I think that is everything.

Speaking of said results table:

Score1_zpsoahe9zqh.png

Matchups are as follows:

ROUND 1

Ruko 5 - 0 Psycho Monkey
Magos Amphrose
0 - 5 Shocari
Zealous_Zenith 0 - 5 Dwayna Dragonfire

ROUND 2

Shocari 0 - 2 Ruko
Dwayna Dragonfire 0 - 3 Psycho Monkey
Zealous_Zenith 0 - 5 Magos Amphrose

ROUND 3

Ruko 3 - 0 Magos Amphrose
Shocari
0 - 3 Dwayna Dragonfire
Zealous_Zenith 0 - 6 Psycho Monkey

ROUND 4

Ruko 0 - 4 Dwayna Dragonfire
Psycho Monkey
4 - 0 Magos Amphrose
Shocari 5 - 0 Zealous_Zenith

ROUND 5

Ruko F - F Zealous_Zenith
Shocari 1 - 0 Psycho Monkey
Dwayna Dragonfire 4 - 0 Magos Amphrose

FINAL (BEST 2 OUT OF 3)

Dwayna Dragonfire 1 - 2 Psycho Monkey

Round is to be finished by January 25th. If any matchups are not completed by then, the player who is the most active in arranging the matchup will be deemed the winner.

Remember, as of now your signups are locked in. Dropping out of the tournament now without good reason will affect your eligibility to compete in future tournaments.

If anyone needs the Showdown link or needs to re-read the rules of the tournament again, the original topic is here:

http://pokecharms.com/threads/s-t-a-b-only-tournament-signups.12638/#post-252639

Best of luck to you all, you may battle when ready.

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Well done on getting that match finished so quick guys.

Don't forget Magos Amphrose, you're not out of the running yet. Still four more battles for you to turn this around.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Good work guys, at this rate I won't even need deadlines.

But they will still be there.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Round 2 is now up. Deadline is January 30th.

The results table is now up as well. Good luck.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Looks like a lot happened while I was away over the weekend.

Match results and table will be updated tonight, and Round 3 matchups are up tomorrow.

Also, as a side note, forfeit losses will count your remaining Pokemon as 0 as far as the results table is concerned. This is to prevent people gaining a higher score from forfeiting lost matches early instead of playing them out (which would obviously be dumb.)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Round 3 is now up. Deadline is February 2nd.

You know the rest.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Still time to turn it around Zealous_Zenith, there's another three matches to go until the top two are decided.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The final round to decide the two finalists is now up. Deadline is February 13th.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Ruko and Zenith have been given until the end of Monday to finish their match.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Zenith has chosen to forfeit his match as he was unable to meet the deadline due to outside circumstances.

However, as this would result in Ruko going into the finals without a fifth match to truly decide it, I've decided to make one final match to decide the second finalist. Dwayna is already through at the top of the table.

Ruko vs Psycho Monkey will decide the second finalist.

You have until February 22nd, but the quicker the better naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.