• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sakamoto's (Sam's) Sprites

Yes, I decided to try my hand at sprite editing, and jumped in the deep end with Diamond and Pearl trainer sprites.

First one is, of course, me, the second needs no introduction

trainer.gif
ash.gif

It'd be good to hear what you think

You're doing a good job. I love the Ash sprite. Although, I think the emblem on his hat is a little off. Other that that, good job, and keep it up!

Yeah, the shape of it is really hard to emulate in such a small space

I found some older stuff on my PC from back when I'd just started XS and needed to do some edits for characters and such.
(Most of the main character sprites in XS are edits by me)

Figured I'd post them, despite their age (must be nearly a year old, shows how long it's been since I did some spriting)

First off are Brock and Misty, based on their in game versions rather than their anime costumes. I think Misty looks OK, but Brock looks too old and it's too obvious he was based on the Team Galactic leader.

BrockT.png
MistyT.png

Next we have Edward Elric (the hair and colours on this are horrible, almost didn't post it), and my first attempt I did at Shun Sakamoto, once my avatar and username on forums, now my RP character. Also, the main character of XS kind of looks like a much younger version of him.

EdT.png
MeT.png

We now have an old Silver edit I did. Needed the front facing pose for an issue of XS and wound up doing the whole thing. Looking back on it, I don't think it's too bad. Definately one of my better ones from the old stuff I found.

SilverPreview.png

And finally, we have Red overworld sprites in DP style. Looks like I never finished this one. Ah well, wasn't that good anyway.

FRHeroDP.png

I know they're old and stuff, but I figured I may as well post them here too. Kinda fun to see what I did the last time I tried spriting a year ago.

I don't think that I've told you how great the Silver edit looks...but for brock, just take away that mark on his jaw and I believe that he will look a lot younger