• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Secad's Colored Pencil Extravaganza! Now With Ponies!

Yep, another art thread. However, since I have a better mastery of the colored pencil versus most computerized art mediums, I will make my posts more common. Nevertheless, since my scanner isn't set up and I have no idea how to do it, I use my new webcam on my new laptop to take pictures. The resolution is crappy, but I hope you guys get the general idea of what I have drawn.

mydaemonmalachai.jpg

Okay, this was inspired by the His Dark Materials series, in which the 'main' universe has people's souls walk outside their bodies in the form of animals, the species depending on the person's personality. As one can hopefully tell, I thought a ring-tailed lemur was most appropriate for me, due to my intelligence, randomness, and general 'I'll do what I want' traits. I named him Malachai based off my favorite Bible story, the one of Esther. Esther had a cousin named Mordecai, and for some reason I thought Malachai was a better name for the daemon.

cloverdragon.jpg

This is what I call a 'Charms dragon. This quadrupedal creature was inspired by the awesomeness of Pokecharms, thus the clover on the flank. No, that mark was not inspired by My Little Pony. I drew this about two years before the series came out, making it fairly old.

Bah, the webcam eats my fine details like vein outlines and fur. >_<

Re: Secad's Colored Pencil Extravaganza!

Yes, I admit this is a bump, but I have some new arts! :D

bermudatriangleseagerbi.jpg

Okay, this is the full version of my 'evolution' of the common Mongolian gerbil. Since I personally think gerbils are the superior species (somewhat jokingly), I thought it would be interesting if gerbils expanded their reign to the oceans, or at least the dangerous Bermuda Triangle. I wanted to make them the explanation for the all the strange phenomena and disappearances there. I had a fun time drawing the color gradient.

bermudatriangleseagerbi.jpg

This is the closeup, so you guys can see more detail.

bipedalfoldingwingdrago.jpg

This is a dragon of the bipedal sort. It was drawn with Crayola erasible colored pencils, which explains some of the lack of shading. The lead is strange in the manner it doesn't deposit pigment well when softly used. The eraser smears the color instead of the fully erasing it, too.

The dragon is folding its wing if you cannot tell. >_< It is stiff because I am not the best at posing these things.

drawnladybug.jpg

This is a ladybug. This was based off a picture from the internet, just to see how well I could imitate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, inspired by the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, I decided to make some custom ponies.

dilettanterodentiaclosebauuz.jpg

Closeup

dilettanterodentia.jpg

Full picture

This is Dilettante Rodentia, a unicorn pony with a cutie mark of a gerbil sitting on top of a red book, representing a special talent for learning and reading, especially about gerbils. This is obviously my OC pony. I chose the unicorn pony because they seem to be the type for more artistic and scholarly pursuits. I put my trademark fedora on her, too.

As for the strange muzzle shape, I am not fond of the normal, miniscule face shape for regular female ponies. Because of this, I chose a shape more like Zecora's.

naturewattcloseup.jpg

Closeup

naturewatt.jpg

Full picture

This is Nature Watt, the unicorn pony OC of my boyfriend. He is going to college to major in something like (I say this because the exact major is long and wordy) alternative energy electric engineering. I gave the unicorn my boyfriend's boots just for laughs, even though ponies have hooves. His cutie mark is a solar panel, representing his special talent for solar energy.

Yes, his name is ridiculous. I couldn't think of anything else. >_<

On another note, I am thinking of opening up a shop for custom pony requests. However, before I do, I want to gauge interest. I need at least three people interested before I set up a wait list.