• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Second Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution Trailer Released

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Last night the second trailer for Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution was officially released in Japan. You can check it out for yourself below!

This trailer showcases some Pokémon battles on New Island, as well as Mewtwo in the armour given to it by Giovanni. The glimpse of the armour we see shows it as an updated version compared to the original Mewtwo Strikes Back movie. Armour aside, it looks like the movie will be a fairly faithful remake of the original.

This trailer also confirms that voice actors Koichi Yamadera and Sachiko Kobayashi will be returning to the roles of Mew and Miranda from the original Japanese movie.

What do you think of how the movie is looking so far? Let us know in the comments!

Last edited:
I think the CG on the pokemon and backgrounds look fine, it's just the humans that look awful. I'm also surprised they didn't just get rid of Misty/Brock like in Movie 20 and replace them with new characters, the whole thing feels like a genwunners fantasy. It's not like Misty/Brock do anything in Movie 1 but be glorified background material the entire film, but that's how they were always treated for most of the series at that time anyway.

Thankfully with Gen 8 approaching we can move on from all this forced Kanto nostalgia and go back to the usual routine with the franchise. I bet Misty/Brock won't appear again in any capacity till the 30th anniversary another 10 years from now, and even then it'd be too soon.