• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sensō: War of Conquest [Discussion Thread]

What should the name of the region be?

• Total voters
Yea, uh about that. XD You can conquer Pyrus Village and you can get more coal resources for less money, and control the exportation of coal as a resource to other kingdoms. As of right now, the exportation of coal is evenly distributed with an even selling amount to all kingdoms and the mayor of Pyrus Village is in control of whether or not to export to a certain kingdom for any reason.

As for Aether, she doesn't care about her village all that much. The only thing that will bother her is that it won't feel like home when she comes back. If you don't hire her with enough money, she will secretly plot the end of your warlord and basically "beg" another warlord to buy her, so she has an army to go against you.

I’m glad people seem to be liking Hanwon and Komu Village, I was a little worried I couldn’t compare to some of the other warlords. But I have three warriors so I’m all set! (Though I’ll gladly accept more if any of you want to join).
Three Warriors?

I only count two though. Also, I'm only allowing Warlords to start with two Warriors at most. Other Warriors will be gained via either the wandering warriors, mercenaries, or conquering and recruiting from other kingdoms.

His three warriors are:

upload_2019-10-22_15-49-14.png
upload_2019-10-22_15-49-36.png
upload_2019-10-22_15-49-54.png

Sad... I liked all three a lot! Though I would have to say the ones with first dibs are @Tlord22 and @Nukas since they were first and had integrated Kumo village into their backstories. But all three are great! Could they all stay if I have one hang back to defend the village during the first battle?

I'm trying to keep the distribution of retainers somewhat balanced. So, unfortunately, I can't allow that.

It was always stated a Warlord can only start with 2 retainers.
Really? Was it always stated? Because it’s not included in the first post. Actually, it wasn’t brought on until somewhat recently. Kyuu said the original plan was to allow for each warlord to have three retainers at the beginning but we had to cut that back to two due to a lack of available warriors. Even still, it merely appeared as a suggestion to me until today when it was stated there was a two warrior limit. I drew attention to the fact I had three because I wanted to make sure Kyuu knew without seeming like a jerk and bluntly pointing out little mistakes, because I know it’s hard running an organized Rp and I wouldn’t want to bother them over trivial things like saying today or tomorrow. Furthermore, I never tried to break the rules to give myself an advantage, I just felt bad because three people had already committed a character and I didn’t want to make them change. Maybe I misread the meaning of your post, but the fact that it was completely unnecessary to comment on the matter makes it seem like you’re either accusing me of being ignorant or trying to bend the rules, and your past somewhat rude attitude towards the other Rpers definitely contributes to my conclusion.

Backhanded by using the definition that it’s indirect. This applies to you unnecessarily stating things to imply something else. Like posting that “It was always stated a Warlord can only start with 2 retainers” implies that I’m ignorant or am just being whiny. Stating “All I've said is that the limit has always been 2 according to my memory. I have no idea how that one line lead to this” and “Backhanded is a bit odd to me since I’m always very straightforward with what I say” both come off backhanded, because rather than clearly stating your accusation (the first being I’m overreacting and the second meant to make it seem like I’m being unfair to you), you just commented and danced around your point. This perfectly falls in with backhanded’s definition of being indirect.

Alright, let's get this schism over and done with.

The warrior limit was indeed unclear and I take full responsibility for that. I'll update the first post with that rule to clarify things for anyone else who's been confused.

The Warrior Limit was reduced after I realized that at the rate things were going you'd have Warlords with 3 Retainers and then some with none, which was a bit unfair, and a start like that could easily damage a Role Player's enthusiasm. That's also why I stopped accepting Warlord Bios and started trying to spread the Warriors out among the Warlords.

Last edited:
Before we get started, should we discuss preexisting relationships between kingdoms. Alliances, trade deals, or bad blood could be an interesting dynamic to introduce. I know alliances could potentially make some kingdoms overpowered at first, but I definitely think the other two would be interesting!

Here's a question for everyone here who played conquest what Eeveelution did you go for in the game with you Eevee I personally went Vaporeon and by the way I'm only asking because I'm bored.

Umbreon, my team was was mainly based around ginchiyo which is an electric type warlord I had recruited shortly after defeating violight (and if your dling speedruns get her, discharge is op), so I wanted to build around that Luxio's discharge with pokemon that could either push, give movement speed to allow Luxio to get into the middle of the enemy formation for MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE, but there wasnt an eeveelution like that and I already had darumdaka and Umbreon has Assurace which deals double damage to enemies already damaged in the same turn, which is just the salt in the wound to already fricked teams by Ginchiyo.

Before we get started, should we discuss preexisting relationships between kingdoms. Alliances, trade deals, or bad blood could be an interesting dynamic to introduce. I know alliances could potentially make some kingdoms overpowered at first, but I definitely think the other two would be interesting!

we would have to take into account the distance between the kingdoms or the geographic size of the entire region itself (if that affects this in anyway at all) these warlords might not even know each other at all

Of course, that's an integral part of World Building. Though, do keep in mind character ages and distance before making alliances.

A fair number of our Warlords are newly Coronated so I doubt they've had that much time to form diplomatic relationships. Kingdoms that are traditional allies or have been allies for generations have a lot more wiggle room.

Could @Mechanist Gamma just put Astra on hold for now and he could join Hanwon a little farther into the rp. That way he can still serve at Komu if that’s what Gamma wanted.
That would be allowed given that you both agree to how that would work out.

Astra is supposed to be an old retainer of the former Warlord. If you can create a scenario that leaves both of you happy, then I'm all for it.

New Here's a question for everyone here who played conquest what Eeveelution did you go for in the game with you Eevee I personally went Vaporeon and by the way I'm only asking because I'm bored.

I never got far in Conquest. As soon as I got two kingdoms under my alliance, I played it too poorly and thinned my numbers down too much when divvying up the soldiers I had in my territory. Plus, I couldn't recruit anyone for the life of me because the way the game had you recruit was to beat someone in a given time frame, which sucked because no matter how quickly I got there, they would either knock out a soldier I needed for battle, beat me, or the time runs out and I end up knocking them out for experience gain. Plus, time-based shenanigans. So I never got to the point where I could evolve my Eevee.

Anyway, I believe that all kingdoms, in regards to Pyrus Village, are pretty neutral towards them. They give out fair prices to all the kingdoms and their coal and other materials they grab from their mines are top quality and they never shirk back the amount anyone receives. Anyone who has dealt with Pyrus Village and their exports have always found them extremely reliable, so Pyrus Village gets a good amount of nice drinking water and salt from neighboring merchants (and possibly other kingdoms) for an exceptional price. Of course, a new warlord can see their neutrality as a poor excuse for protection and may take them over to then control the economy. Of course, Pyrus Village won't pick a fight or start any. If someone takes over Pyrus Village, they will meet with no or limited resistance. Probably none because most of the people there are retired war heroes or simple men and women doing an honest day's work to help the betterment of those in the land. If they get taken over, the people hope that the warlord controlling them will be nice and allow them to keep their trade deals with their salt and drinking water. Or else the mayor will ask a favor of Aether to assassinate the warlord or do something to get the warlord's control away from Pyrus Village by using another warlord. Killing the mayor will only just aggravate Aether and she will automatically try to get rid of the warlord that is there, as the mayor is a close friend of her contract dealer, who is now retired and living a simple life of maintaining the hot springs and dealing with the drinking water.

The people there may not look like much, as they all look dingy and dirty, but they are exceptional businessmen (most of them) and can smell a good profit from a mile away. Most people there can also read and write, as is customary for most businessmen and their children and wives to learn.

Also, the reason for everyone knowing how to read and write is so they can continue to keep Pyrus Village active in good deals and avoid the bad ones or get suckered into one, as well as giving them an extremely useful skill that not many people can learn due to these skills only being taught to certain people who do certain kinds of jobs and anyone above royal or knight.

If you want, Kyuu, I can create a barebones character sheet for the mayor and the contract dealer, as they may be useful to my character and other warlords and knights (and other mercs). I will also control the people at Pyrus Village when someone wishes to interact with them. I don't want people making them shrewd when they are not. XD actually honest businessmen are hard to come by and that entire village is full of them, but they won't shy away from a good haggle.

Also, the reason for everyone knowing how to read and write is so they can continue to keep Pyrus Village active in good deals and avoid the bad ones or get suckered into one, as well as giving them an extremely useful skill that not many people can learn due to these skills only being taught to certain people who do certain kinds of jobs and anyone above royal or knight.

If you want, Kyuu, I can create a barebones character sheet for the mayor and the contract dealer, as they may be useful to my character and other warlords and knights (and other mercs). I will also control the people at Pyrus Village when someone wishes to interact with them. I don't want people making them shrewd when they are not. XD actually honest businessmen are hard to come by and that entire village is full of them, but they won't shy away from a good haggle.
You're free to create them, they won't count towards your character count since they'll act more like 'NPC's. Though you do bring up a fair point about the literacy rate of the world, which I'd overlooked.

The majority of our characters would likely be literate due to their status, but I do wonder about the wandering characters :?

Ryu's been wandering for about a week and a half before the story, so he is literate, since he was booted as Daichi's ill will towards Ryu, Daichi was booted the next day, and Akuma's only been dead about three weeks. Is is possible from South Central Sensō to get to Zen'barr in about a week and a half?

@kyuukestu @Red Gallade since Red Gallade would be the RPer for Zen'barr.

Last edited: