• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sinnoh - Three Years Later (RP)

Leon was beginning to get worried. He was getting to be near the front of the line, and Juan still hadn't come back yet. What would happen if he got to the front, only to be turned back because he didn't have his Trainer's License on him? Okay, it can't be that bad, he thought to himself, worst case scenario, I don't get a Sinnoh Pokedex, right? Leon immediately spotted the hole in his own reasoning. Without a Sinnoh Pokedex, he couldn't identify Pokemon, couldn't figure out their weaknesses, couldn't tell how to deal with them, and couldn't accomplish anything. Maybe he should have stayed in Unova after all. Just as he was beginning to accept the worst, Leon felt a tapping on the back of his ankle. Looking down, he saw Juan looking back up at him, waving his lost Trainer's License. Grinning in relief, Leon picked it up. "Thanks buddy!"

Dawn slid the Pokédex across the table to Jet, sending him off on his journey. "Jubilife? Well it's the heart and soul of Sinnoh," She smiled, befre being rudely interrupted by Lucas who had somehow eavesdropped her conversation. "Other than Sandgem ofcourse!"

After a glare from Dawn, Lucas focussed on his queue again, finishing his conversation with Pyros. He hummed a little as he went over Pyros' questionnaire, impressed at the resume of what seemed like a more than capable trainer. What does he even need a Pokémon for. He could teach us about a thing or two! "Everything looks good, sir. Hang on just a minute.." He turned to the capsule behind him. From it he picked out a Pokéball which he handed to Pyros. "You now have your very own Chimchar. I suppose I don't need to tell you to take good care of it. Enjoy your journey." Lucas waved Pyros off and took a deep breath before motioning for the next trainer to step up to his table.

"Not only do you receive your own Pokédex. Here are some complimentary Pokéballs to set you off on your journey. Be safe, but have fun!" And with that another trainer could travel through Sinnoh. With a friendly smile she welcomed the next trainer to her table.

Leon walked up to the table, immensely relieved to have gotten back his License, and showed it to Dawn. "I just need a Pokedex, please." Dawn smiled at the Minccino on the kid's shoulder and handed him the Sinnoh Pokedex. "Good luck on your journey, but I'm sure you won't need it!" she motioned for the next person in line to step up, leaving Leon to walk out of the lab, thanking her and thinking that he most certainly would need good luck.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie stepped forward, slightly nervous. “Hello, I’d like to get a Sinnoh Pokédex. Here’s my Trainer’s License.” She handed her License over, hoping it would be enough.
“Vee-Vee-ee!” Eevee chimed in, happily.

The line bored Marc to death. even once he got up to the front he was no longer asking professor Dawn the secret to giving. Also since he didn't have a license of identifier he was quickly rejected from getting any items. zhe stomped out of the lab once again and started pacing back and forth. "Arrggh! I don't get it, Lacy. How are we supposed to 'look into ourselves' if we can't figure out giving?" Lacy just shook her head as she realized there was no way getting him to change his mind right now. "I guess we have to start from the ground up. but first we need a partner"

Lacy gave a quizzical and jealous glare. "No, I mean like a human and pokemon partner. I'm sure just the two of us can tackle anything we set our minds, but we need someone else to look into us. To make sure we're always on the just path." The Ducklet shrugged her shoulders as she played along. Marx put his hand above his eyes as though searching. "Now we must find someone worthy, with guts and other things.

As Leon stepped out of the lab into the light of day, he began to jog, in a hurry to get started. First, I should go to Jubilife, but then where? I could go to Oreburgh, but Roark would probably wipe the floor with me since my team has only normal-type attacks. Eterna is a possibility, but it's much further away, and I've heard horrible stories about Eterna Forest. Could I get a boat to Canalave? I'd be in the same situation against Byron as I would be with Roark. Maybe I'll catch something on the way. Leon was so lost in thought that he failed to notice Juan's warnings and jogged directly into another trainer. Picking himself up off the ground, he extended a hand. "Sorry there! Paying attention to my surroundings isn't exactly my strong suit. I'm Leon, by the way."

"Ouch! what the hell" Marx toppled to the ground a second time today a bruise started to appear on his leg. "Even when your surroundings are a living breathing person? Are you some sort of bumper car?" it was clear that he was less than happy with guy and slapped his hand away. Lacy looked over the bruise and tried to gently caress the damage.

"Also you can't just introduce yourself after tossing someone to the ground. I already knew Lacy before she put the smackdown on me. No, we have to do this entire meeting all over again." Marx got up and walked a bit of a distance away from the trainer. "We're going to do this again, this time when you jog stop on this line" He quickly drew a small line in the sand "and then say hello" He crossed his arms with expectation.

"What?" Leon was taken aback by this person's response. "Look, it was an accident, all right? No need to get so angry about it. But, if you insist..." He took a few steps back and jogged up to the line, feeling faintly ridiculous. All the while, Juan had his head in his hands at his trainer's ineptitude. "Once again, my name is Leon." he said in a strained voice, "What's yours?"

Marx beamed a smile and grabbed his hand into a rough handshake. it was as though the altercation never happened "Glad to meet you! I'm Marx, the entrepreneur innovator" he had no idea what that meant but he liked how it sounded. "And my graceful assistant over here is the sweet Lacy." On cue, the bright blue bird waved with a carefree greeting. "In fact, me and Lacy were just talking about you"

The Ducklett quacked with confusion. Marx squatted to Lacy's level and held his mouth to the side of his face as though trying to make sure Leon couldn't hear him. He didn't change his volume though and was pretty loud. "I think this might be the guy. I mean he does have guts, otherwise, I don't think he can be alive. wait. wait. Of course! we can't forget the most important part." He stood back up and point his finger at the trainer. "You.... Lee was it? We have decided you might be the pizza crust to our group. But first, we have to do a very important test." Marx used both of his hands to point towards his own stomach.

"Tell me. What do you see? Inside."

Leon was growing more and more confused by the second. First, this Marx guy seemed ready to fight him, and the next moment, he was all cheery. Ignoring the fact that Marx had just called him "Lee" for a moment, he responded to the question at hand. "I'm not quite sure what you mean," he said slowly, "but on a physical level, I can't see anything at all. On a more figurative level, I suppose that you seem quick to anger and quick to forgive. I'm not really that good at this philosophy business. You're very... enthusiastic."

Lura waited for the nice lady's answer for so long that someone cut in front of her. Her confidence plummeted. She looked down and one of her hands went for Sunny's pokeball. Once she had Sunny's pokeball in her hand, she started to figit with it. How could she even think she was ready to become a trainer? Her hair fell over her face as she thought this. Her eyes were on the cutting girl's shoes, ready to take her place.
Sparky tried to cheer Lura up, but he couldn't do a thing.

“Awesome! Alright, that’s gonna be the first city we will check out, right Aipo?! Aipo?” Aipo was curled up on the floor, asleep.

Jet sighed. “Cmon Aipo...really?” The Aipom yawned, and hopped on Jet’s shoulders. The two headed out the lab doors, and made their way to the Sandgem Town exit. This was the start of their grand adventure. Jet looked super enthusiastic, though also nervous. He sighed as Aipo hopped off of his shoulder, grabbing a piece of fruit from the branch above him. Jet knew that this would be a rough start.

"Quickness huh.... so that's it." He snapped his fingers as if coming to an understanding. "My speed is something I never even thought about. Alright, you. I've decided that you have the insight needed to keep me on the narrow. Starting today, we will be a duo-" he quickly glanced at his Ducklett.

"-trio. I'm sure you'll make a fine addition to our party." Marx turned his attention to Lacy quickly. "Now that we have our part B we don't need this place anymore. It will be the place of beginnings but nothing more, If Leon is ready to leave then we best head out when the day is ripe." He turned his glance back at Leo as though waiting for him to answer his implied question.

Pyros smiled, proud of his knowledge, and bowed his head a little as he accepted the PokeBall. "Thank you, professor. And if you have any questions, you can always ask me," he gave a cheeky smile and chuckled before turning around and leaving the Lab. He walked over to his Charizard, who was now curled up in a ball by the wall of the Lab, and he sent out his new friend. The little Chimp Pokemon looked up at his new trainer as Pyros bent down and put his hand in front of him to have the Chimchar get accustomed to his smell. Smelling his hand for a second, the Chimchar smiled happily, made a few happy monkey squeaks and then hopped on Pyros' chest, giving him a hug. Hugging the little Chimchar back, he allowed him to ride on his shoulder as he thought for a second on what Chimchar might know for attacks. It's pretty rare for a Chimchar to know an attack that it usually gets as an egg move, but he thought about looking for that. He patted his Charizard's head, who sleepily looked up at him and got up. She looked at the monkey and smiled, waving her clawed hand in hello, while the Chimchar smiled and happily waved back. Pyros then walked around to find a clearing for them all to train.

Meanwhile, Dawn looked over at the girl with her Kirlia and Eevee and sweetly smiled, not having noticed the girl had cut in front of Lura. She handed over a PokeDex and some PokeBalls after reviewing Allie's license and sat there in anxious content as she spoke her usual parting words that she'll have to repeat for the next dozens and dozens of times. "Here's your very own Pokédex and some complimentary PokeBalls to go with you on your journey. Be safe, but have fun!"

After Allie left, she looked on at the next person, that next person being Lura. Angel saw that Lura was next in line, and she gently tapped Lura on the shoulder and gestured her over to the sweetly smiling professor. The Zorua in Angel's arms kind of made Dawn feel uneasy, but she did her best to focus on the new person. "May I see your License, ma'am?"

Lura nodded and put her Shinx on the ground, hoping that he wouldn't run off to play. She took out her Breeder's Permit. "I hope this is enough." She mumbled. She handed the white card to Professor Dawn and use her other hand to brush back her hair. She didn't make eye contact once.
Sparky sat next to his owner, he hated that she felt so uncomfortable. Maybe the nice lady will help her feel more comfortable.

James' return to Eterna City was interrupted by a trainer accompanied by no less than a Charizard. A Charizard alone was already a rare sight in Sinnoh, let alone in Sandgem Town. When he noticed the trainer also had a Chimchar, James couldn't stop himself to speak to the mysterious trainer. Together with Chimchar, who had meanwhile stolen James' trainer cap and was happily jogging around with it, James marched over to the trainer by the lab.

"Excuse me sir." Wolf jogged behind the trainer, stopping him in his tracks. "I couldn't help but notice your Charizard. Is it okay if I register it in my Pokédex?" Wolf requested with a nervous smile on his face. He wasn't easily starstruck by other trainers or Pokémon, but seeing the monstrous Flame Pokémon got to him in ways he didn't see coming.

In the meantime, both James' and the trainer's Chimchars engaged in their own form of conversation - playing about. The two were obviously acquainted from their time in the lab, and had seemingly formed a friendship already.

"That's not exactly what I..." Leon began, and then gave up. "You know what? Sure. I could use someone other than Juan and a Magikarp for company and backup. Who knows, this might be the start of a grand journey or something." Leon started to walk towards the route to the north, but stopped and turned around. "Marx, I don't remember you saying, but what's your goal for this? Do you want gym badges, do you want to catch cool Pokemon, or do you want something else?"

Pyros was busy scratching his Charizard behind her horns and looking about when he saw a young boy approach him. Seeing the boy's Chimchar, Pyros's Chimchar, his nickname now Kazar, leapt off of his shoulders and began to play with the other boy's Chimchar. Looking at them, it seemed that they were already friends. Kazar was doing somersaults and was squeaking and yelling in his PokeSpeak happily, as if he's telling his friend about an amazing story, which happened to be what his trainer was like first glance.

Looking at the boy, Pyros smiled and nodded. "Sure ya can. She doesn't bite. She's actually quite sweet once she knows you don't have any evil intentions, but you are pretty young, so I highly doubt that coming from you. If you want, you can pet her. Her name is Zarda and my name is Pyroshu, but you may call me Pyros. It seems like our Chimchars already have a budding relationship."

The 6'06" Charizard hunched over a bit to make herself seem less terrifying and folded her wings in more, her rough bumpy skin held countless scars from battles long past and her light blue eyes held a sort of wisdom and a motherly gaze, but along with that, so did a twinkle of childish curiosity and ambition. She smiled, her toothy grin not meant to be intimidating, and she softly and contently purred, as if to say "come here, I won't hurt you."

Last edited:
The duo of Jet and Aipo only made it so far down the road to Sandgem. His short legs couldn’t keep him moving as fast as he wanted to, and Aipo continuously paused to climb a tree or grab some fruit, much to Jet’s annoyance. Finally, they were able to cover more ground, which continued to get muddier the farther they progressed. Jet and Aipo both looked around to investigate, only to find nothing.

After walking ahead some more, Jet realized that small puddles were scattered throughout the trail. Jet walked a little bit further, and gasped in shock at a scarred and bruised Piplup, who seemed to be unconscious. Jet picked up the penguin Pokémon, and much to Aipo’s dislike, he headed back to the Sandgem Town Pokemon Center.

(Permission for Piplup from Blxckwolf.)

Dawn took the Breeder's Permit and looked at it for a moment. "You're a breeder?" she asked. Lura nodded her head.
"My parents want me to try the trainer's path though." Lura mumbled to Dawn. Dawn nodded to this and gave Lura her Breeder's Permit and a Pokedex.
"If you want a trainer's card then you'll need to go to trainer's school." Dawn informed Lura. Lura nodded to this, took her things, made sure Sparky was following her and left. Now she needed to go to Jubilife City. She knew the Trainer's School was there due to her taking her Breeder's Test there. She walked in Sandgem for a bit and got lost again. What was worse, Sparky was starting to act up again. She recalled her Shinx and walked alone again, searching for Route 202.

"James. James Quinn." He replied, not taking his eyes off the Charizard known as Zarda. James pointed the Pokédex at Charizard and scanned the Pokémon, the high-tech device immediately reading the new Pokémon's credentials back to him.

Charizard. The Flame Pokémon. It is said that Charizard's fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles.

When the voice read the description, James peeked behind Zarda to take a look at its burning tail. Seems pretty hot alright.

After giving Charizard a rub on its snout, James turned back to Pyros. "I don't believe I've seen you around here. Where are you from?" James enquired, engaging in a conversation with the new trainer.

~~

"Sir, you might want to see this." the officer said as he barged in Thomas' office. With a swipe, the image from his Pokétch transferred to the large screen in his office. "This is recording live, sir."

"My dear Arceus. Get the task force ready. We're headed to Sandgem Town."

Jet patiently waited as the hurt Piplup was slowly getting restored to full health. He pondered the reason for why a Piplup, such a rare Pokémon in Sinnoh, was out here. Only the professors handed out Pokémon such as those...the professors! A thought crossed Jet’s mind...did the Piplup escape? But why? Before he could ask himself anymore questions, a bell rang at the nurse’s desk. The Piplup was back at full health, much to Jet’s relief.

“Thank you so much!” Jet exclaimed, picking up the Piplup, who lied in his arms. Jet grunted as he lifted the Piplup up to keep it from falling. “Aipo! You can’t ride on my shoulder anymore, not while I’m carrying this Piplup.” A wave of jealousy crossed over Aipo, and he hopped on Jet’s shoulder anyway. The poor trainer sighed, and grunted as he struggled to keep both Pokémon from falling. Before he could leave, the nurse grabbed his attention.

“Pardon me,” She began. “But does that Piplup belong to you? I’ve heard of a runaway Piplup before, and you don’t seem to have a Pokéball for it, yet you are the one taking it back.” Jet shook his head.

“It’s not mine. I figured it was a lab Pokémon, so I’m heading back to return it. Bye!” Jet left the Center, and headed down to the Pokémon Laboratory. Almost forgetting about his parents, he snuck through the trees in the back of the town, cutting himself from the twigs along the way, but successfully making it back to the lab. Aipo opened the lab doors, much to Jet’s surprise, and headed inside the lab.

“Hello? Professor Dawn? Lucas? I found a stray Piplup, I believe it’s yours...”

Meanwhile, a full region away...

Professor Kukui’s Lab, Hau’oli Outskirts, Melemele Island, Alola
“I must say, Sol... this is truly odd.”
The young Kirlia flinched back at Professor Kukui’s poking. Sol merely sat in a chair nearby, watching the Professor do his work. He scrolled through the Pokédex the Professor has given him in the meantime.
Kirlia. The Emotion Pokémon. The cheerful spirit of its trainer gives it energy for its psychokinetic power. It spins and dances when happy.
“The Pokédex doesn’t say anything about it being capable of communicating with humans.” Sol said, closing the device again.
“That’s because it’s not a natural ability of Kirlia’s. At least, I’ve never encountered a Kirlia that can.” Kukui stated. “You’ve got a very special Pokémon here, Sol.”
“Am I really that strange?” the Kirlia asked. “Pokémon can communicate with each other, and humans can communicate with each other. What’s weird about me being able to communicate with both?”
“Admittedly, I’m not that familiar with Kirlia.” Kukui said. “So I might be missing some details. The Ralts family aren’t a common Alolan family. They’re native to Hoenn, though... perhaps Birch would know?”
“Professor Birch is Hoenn’s Professor, right?” Sol asked. His Rockruff - Repide - raised its head as Kukui walked past, striding towards his computer.
“Yep. He specializes in Pokémon habitats, but he may be able to help us out!” Kukui said. He began to tap at the keyboard, attempting to video call Birch.
“Uh, heya, Kukui! A bit caught-up at the moment...”
“Birch, do you mind if I ask why you’re caught in a tree?” Kukui dead-panned. Sol looked over at the screen and couldn’t help but chuckle.
“Funny thing about Aipom.” Birch said. “That’s not important right now. What’s up?”
“Sol here - one of the new trainers I set up - found a VERY interesting Pokémon!” Kukui stated. “A Kirlia that can TALK!”
“Wait, seriously?!” Birch flailed around in the Tree a bit. “That’s AWESOME! Do you know why?”
“No clue, actually.” Kukui nervously chuckled, ruffling the back of his hair with a hand. “That’s why I contacted you.”
“I’m afraid nothing comes to mind.” Birch sighed. “I study habitats, not communication. Though I HAVE heard rumours of Pokémon that learned how to talk. Like a Slowking. Didn’t I hear about a Meowth...? Wait, idea.” Birch snapped his fingers. “Lucas! He had a Gallade on his team back when he was going after the Pokémon League, right? You could try contacting him about it. He’s sure to have experience with Kirlia.”
“That could work!” Kukui smiled. “Thanks, Birch! Don’t hesitate to branch out if you need anything.”
“Tree puns? Really?”
“I’ll leaf you be.” Kukui chuckled.
Suddenly, the screen shook on Birch’s side. “Oh great, the Aipom hate your puns too. ...wAITWAITWAIT PUT THAT DOWN THAT’S EXPENSIVE-“
Kukui ended the call. “...he should be fine.”
Sol, Repide and the Kirlia merely blinked at the screen.
“...they’re weird humans.” the Kirlia said.

Professor Lucas/Dawn’s Lab, Sandgem Town, Sinnoh
(Auto permission for Lucas given by Blackwolf)
Only Dawn was there to meet Jet, as Lucas had moved into the back room. His screen was blinking now, as he was being hailed by his fellow Professor all the way from Alola.
“Alola!” Professor Kukui said as soon as he appeared on screen. “How’s life, Lucas?”
“We just set out a new group of trainers, so pretty good.” Lucas replied. “What’s the occasion?”
“One of mine.” Kukui said. “See the kid in the background there? His name’s Sol, and he’s one of my newest starting trainers. He managed to find himself a very interesting Kirlia. One that can TALK.”
“One that can what?”

Angel was watching Dawn and Lura figure things out before she started sleeping standing up... Right there next to the large line of hopeful trainers. Her Zorua realized this and had pawed her awake, only for her to lose track of where Lura went. She ran outside and found Lura heading to Route 202, so she dashed as quick as she could over to her. Panting, she finally regained her composure as she was coming up behind Lura. "There you are. I fell asleep and didn't realize you left. Sorry about that. I can be your travelling companion if you want. My name is Angelia Shayton, but you may call me Angel. My Zorua's name is Zorro." Zorro had hopped out of her arms after she had caught up and he began to sniff around the route, particularly sniffing for some good Pokemon for his trainer.

Meanwhile, Pyros was busy with James before he saw a young lady hugging a Zorua in her arms zoom past him. He didn't think a lady could run that fast with those kinds of shoes, but he just shrugged and continued on to what was going on. Zarda had smirked as she heard the device talk about her. Harsh battles makes the fire burn hotter? Well, she could seriously showcase that. She's usually not one to boast, but she couldn't help herself. The flame on her tail wasn't as hot right now, but after exercising her full power to pump herself up for training the Chimchar Pyros got, the flame grew three times its usual size and people in front of her could feel the heat radiating from the white-hot flame. Pyros looked at her tail and laughed. "Wow, I didn't think she had an ego. Well, she has been with me through three regions already, so I wouldn't have been too surprised." Zarda just glared at her trainer for a second before calming down, the heat from her flame now calmed down but still raging as she was getting ready to train herself and her new friend. Pyros continued to talk to James. "I'm Pyroshu Darastrix, but you may call me Pyros. I was born on some remote region known as Oblivia in a village known as Cocona Village. Shortly after me and my three other siblings were born at the time (yes, I'm a part of a quadruplet), we moved across more remote regions, only for my mother to give birth to twins and later my baby brother before we settled on a ranch north of Mt. Moon that my father and his father had helped create. After that, we have been homeschooled by my mother and I have been traveling the Kanto, Johto, and the Hoenn regions after my studies in those regions were over. I did the same here with the Sinnoh Region. When I was born, so was Zarda. Because of my family's culture, that meant that if a Pokemon was born at the same time that a baby is born, they are destined to be together and they become their first partner, even before the supposed "legal" age to have them. Anyway, enough about me. What about you? Where are your roots from?" he inquired towards James.

Meanwhile, back in the lab, and Dawn and Lucas were still at it with the lines. Just as it seemed like they were almost done, more trainers showed up. They would need to start enacting a closing time and finish it all later the next day. They both looked over to see a young boy carrying a Piplup, and saying something about how it could be their's. Dawn looked over at Lucas, who was busy on the phone with someone. Sighing, she motioned him over as she told the kid next in line that it will be a minute.

"A stray Piplup that could be ours? Well, I don't see the PokeBall on you for it, so I'm guessing it ran away from us. Why it would do that, I have no idea. But thank you for getting it back to us. Hmmm..." she thought for a minute, hesitation clearly on her face before she spoke again. Her voice seemed much quieter compared to earlier. "Well, since it already seems attached to you, it would do us no good if we take the Piplup and give it to someone else. I suggest you keep it. May I see an ID before-"

Dawn was cut off by Lucas who was busy multitasking at the moment. He waved her off before saying, "Just give it to the trainer, he earned it." His attention then shifted back to the phone call. "A what now?"

Dawn, a little startled, sighed before reaching for a PokeDex and some PokeBalls, as well as the opened PokeBall that belonged to the Piplup. Her smile when departing new trainers on their journey returned though, and she sweetly said, "Well, thank you for giving the Piplup back but we suggest you keep it. Here, take these if you want them. Have a nice adventure with your new friend."

After that, she went back to helping her line, which seemed like it stopped growing now, much to her relief.

Last edited:
“Experience, huh?” Jet slightly tilted his head, before walking about the lab. He gave a quick thank you as well, placed Piplup into its Pokeball, and put it into his pocket. Once again, maneuvering through the trees behind Sandgem Town, he quickly made his way to Route 202, heading through the trees and past the puddles. Jet was eager to explore the big city of Jubilife, although he was growing hungry enough to take a break. Jet removed his backpack, and set it down on the floor beside him.

Aipo noticed some fruits hanging from a tree nearby, and the purple Pokemon rushed up a tree, swinging his way to the fruits nearby. Aipo plucked them off with his hand, causing them to fall into the bag, which Jet moved under the fruit in time. Aipo, after collecting enough, hopped off the tree, and sat beside Jet. He sent out his Piplup, who yawned before examining his surroundings.

“I gotta give you a name...how about...” Jet quietly thought to himself as his two new Pokémon began snacking on the fruits, and fought over one. “I guess I’ll call you..Pip. Pippy...? Nah, I’ll stick with Pip.”

"Gym badges?" Marx scoffed. looked surprised that anyone would suggest that. "Oh please. Gym badges don't mean anything. you could have all the gym badges in the world and still not beat the elite four. No, I'm not wasting my time stamp collecting. I need to be out in the world exploring and ready to face the elites without a useless title." All this time Lacy was nodding in agreement and quacking with understanding.

"My goal is to know this entire world like the back of my hand. My goal is to recall every known and unknown legendary as though they were my neighbors. My Dream" He was getting a bit louder "is to be the greatest scientist in the world." Lacy clapped as her pride from his announcement was obvious. "I'm sure that you have your own secret mission and I will gladly aid those in need."

Marx smiled as he pulled out his Pokedex. there was a bit of dirt and rust on the contraption and when he turned it on it took a moment to boot. "You mentioned this Juan and Magikarp? Let me see them so I can record them on my dex."