• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

(Spoilers) Who is Ryuki?! *Theory*

Do you beleive my theory?

• I think Ryuki is... *Insert Character Here*

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen plenty of people talking about Ryuki, the Dragon-Type trainer from across the sea who you only see once in Pokémon Sun and Moon, when you are challenged by him after you become champion. I've formulated an explanation about who he is that will probably convince you. Here's what we know about Ryuki.

*Ryuki is a male.
*He comes from another region.
*He has Spikey Red Hair.
*He trains Dragon-Types.
*He owns a Dragonite and a Garchomp.

You see where I'm going with this? Ryuki is Lance. The final Elite 4 Member of Kanto and the Champion of Jhoto. Not only is Lance a male, but he comes from not only Kanto, but he also has been to Jhoto, Sinnoh, and Unova. We know he travels the world, getting stronger, and in the case of Jhoto, becoming Champion. Lance has Spikey Red Hair, as well as a red outfit and a cape, just like Ryuki. Lance is a Dragon-Type master, and he probably caught his Turtonator, Komm-o, and Drampa when he first arrived in Alola. And lastly, when you fight Lance in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, he owns a Dragonite and a Garchomp.

But we're not done yet, let's analyze what Ryuki says. He says, "I'm what you might call a star." "I came all the way across the sea here to Alola to spread my fame." And "The whole world will be mine soon!"
Well, him saying the whole world will be his is easy to decipher. Lance has popped up in many Generations trying to train his Dragon-Types and become the champion. He even does it, twice, and becomes the 4th Elite 4 member the other time. This also plays in to the whole 'Star' thing, with Lance saying, "You know that dragons are mythical Pokémon. They're hard to catch and raise, but their powers are superior. They're virtually indestructible. There's no being clever with them." This even plays in with the Fame Part as well.

But finally, as a nail in the coffin, I'll explain why Lance looks like that, and why his name is Ryuki. The answer is simple, he's undercover with Team Skull. His outfit looks like something that would look good on Team Skull. He even makes Bone-Related jokes. Besides, Colress did the same thing with the Aether Foundation, just wasn't undercover. How do I know Lance is Undercover? Because he's done it before. Not only as a Team Rocket Grunt, but a Team Magma grunt as well.

So how about it, do you believe my theory? Please vote above.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
There's grasping at straws, and there's this.

Lance is Lance. Ryuki is Ryuki. Two completely different characters. They don't really look alike, his ridiculous outfit looks NOTHING like Team Skull's aesthetic, he has a singular bone-related line, "But I'm just a rocker down to my bones. Nothing else to do but keep on rocking. I dig you, Champ. Looks like you know who you are, too, right down to your bones", which is a far cry from being a bone pun shoehorned in simply for the sake of bone jokes... and as for the star thing? This guy actively states that he is a musician/rock star, apparently loved by critics but not commercially successful - but he's doing it anyway because the music is what he lives for. Far cry from Lance, who really does not need any other reasons to have the sort of fame he does.

New random character created for the sake of random. All there is to him.

Das ist nicht genug, um alles zu widerlegen, was ich gesagt. I'm a natural born theorist, and I'm pretty sure I have more evidence then you do. About the outfit, I was referring it as a Dragon Tamer's outfit, with the scales on it. Why I said that it looks like something you would see on Team Skull is mainly because of how Gladion dresses. Now, explain to me how you know that him being a rock star isn't just part of the Undercover part.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
AlexaBanned2_zpssm9qsi6k.png

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.