• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Stand by for Titanfall: A Titanfall RP

(Quick warning: Due to the nature of the world and game, some moments may be violent.
Discussion Thread
)

Renato was getting tired of his commander. He had been sent on this mission, knowing no details aside from “kill all IMC personnel in the area, and make contact with any surviving Militia troops” before being sent on his way. Not to mention how as far as he could figure, this was a stealth mission. For the most part, there were light chassis on the mission, except him. Last he checked, large, lumbering pyrotechnic titans weren't stealthy. Renato’s mind was racing to draw some conclusion, but was unable to think of anything. “VA, is there anyone on the coms?” He asked his titan, VA-3080. “Negative pilot. Something is scrambling the primary frequency.” VA replied. “Crap.” Renato said. He switched to his emergency frequency, and attempted to connect it to an ally. “VA, connect to someone. I don’t care who. We need to let them know.” “Understood.” Renato pushed the ‘Talk’ button on the console. “This is Lynx One to all Militia forces: Our primary frequency is jammed, and this frequency can only last so long.” Renato heard the noise that his communication was down. He hoped that someone got it.

Glancing at his radar, he began walking, when he saw a Titan. Making sure VA had the T-203 Thermite launcher out, he prepared for combat. “This is Lynx One, allied with the Militia. I’ll warn you that we have weapons hot. Identify yourself.” Renato said, activating the emergency frequency.

Hidden within the forest was a humongous fallen tree. That fallen tree... was fake. It was really just a giant hard-light hologram to draw attention away from what was hidden within; a hut, an IMC ship in disrepair, and a titan. This was the home of Percy, formerly a soldier of the IMC. He had set up a jamming signal within the ship, but made one frequency exempt from the jamming; his personal frequency. This personal frequency woke him up. As Percy got up out of the makeshift bed he had constructed, he saw Max outside. Max, also known as MX-1987, was his titan. Max was a Ronin-chassis titan, but had been heavily modified by Percy to give him more durability and mobility. Max was testing out one of the new upgrades Percy had given him - fully rotating arms. Percy smiled at his titan.

Then he heard something weird. It came from the ship's radio. Max noticed it too. Percy ran inside the ship, hearing the radio.
“This is Lynx One to all Militia forces: Our primary frequency is jammed, and this frequency can only last so long.”
The frequency then cut out. Percy knew the jamming field was doing its job. But still, that was worrying. Militia forces? Here? Could they have come for him? Or to fight the IMC? If it was the second, had his sworn enemies finally found his location? He turned to Max, grabbing his helmet and weapons.
"Let's find out what's going on." Percy said, locking his helmet into place before climbing into his titan.

Prepare for titanfall pilots.
Jake always loved this part, the exhilarating experience of falling from beyond the atmosphere and into the conflict below. Today however things weren't likely to be all that hectic. He was simply here for some kind of stealth op, he didn't really read all the info, after all Z could do that in an instant. This would be a cakewalker.
Jake began to whistle as Z was dropped from the sky, descending through cloud after cloud, an armada of fluffy white battleships. He had got used to the sinking feeling in his stomach and vertigo was a distant memory, this was his life now and life was good.
THUD
"
Alright Z, lets see which one of these big fellas can tell us what's going on around here." Jake said, indicating towards the various blips on Z's radar. There was a fair amount of radar crackle but it was honestly incoherent. "Great, radios busted.."
"Jake there is a friendly titan only 300m north of us, I recommend we rendevou with them. Who knows, they might be smarter than your usual Militia solider." Z said in her usual robotic drone, her engines flaring in anticipation at their short journey.
"You've got it baby." Jake laughed, manipulating his Titans controls so that she began thundering through the woods towards the radar blip. In a short while they reached the area where their friendly Titan was meant to be. So far so good.
The sight of a scorch was a welcome one to Jake, they were always worthy allies on the battlefield. And this one was talkative.
"Lynx one no need to keep those weapons hot, were on the same side. This is Everett, hired by the Militia for this mission. You know what's going on with the radios?"

Scarlet sat on top of the IMC base with her sniper ready in case of an attack. Her com shot on scaring her. "Enemies have been located prepare for battle" the man yelled before the com screeched off. Scarlet set up her sniper and peered through the sight scanning the area closely. She watched as the Titan's fell from beyond. She rose up as the IMC forced piled out of the base. One soldier came to the roof. "TRD is ready for departure!" He said saluting to her. Scarlet nodded and proceeded to the hangar. True Delat welcomed her. "Hello Miss Pilot! Nice to see you" Scarlet continued to walk as TRD followed her. "I heard the Militia troops are in our sector. According to my calculations they will close in on us in 30 minutes 17.4 seconds." TRD said as he pondered slightly. Scarlet grabbed her equipment. "Prepare for Titanfall!" The com screeched as fellow pilots prepared their titans. True Delta stretched his arm down and Scarlet climbed up into he cock pit. The doors opened above them as the launchpad below them sent the two flying through the air. Scarlet took a deep breath and kept one hand on the eject button and the other on the memory deposit. Her titan had a Memety Vile that is located in the cockpit that holds TRD's programming so it can be loaded into another Chassis and TRD will have the same attitude. Scarlet watched the clouds flying around her as she began heading down. As the clouds vanished, a battlefield of gunshots stood below them.

"Sadly, no. Best I can figure, something's jamming the frequency." Renato said, opening the cockpit to better communicate. "Warning. hostile Titanfall detected." VA said. "I guess that's our cue." Renato replied. "Well Everett, it's time to prove your worth. Our orders are to eradicate any IMC soldiers we find, and make contact with any of Militia troops." Renato said. "Think you can do that?" He asked.

Behind the cover of the forest, Percy and his titan swooped through the trees undetected for a bit of espionage. The ace pilot had activated the silent reconnaissance mode, activating Max's infra-red, roller-blades and transmission receiver. This allowed Percy to see and hear anyone in the vicinity without them seeing or hearing him. He hid Max behind a large tree in order to closely listen in on the conversation between two titans and their pilots. He deactivated Max's external speakers and silenced the noise. He listened closely to the conversation.
"This is Everett, hired by the Militia for this mission. You know what's going on with the radios?" a voice said. Percy opened a document and quickly typed down;
Everett; Faction: Militia; Chassis: Northstar; Enemy: Unknown
"Sadly, no. Best I can figure, something's jamming the frequency." another voice said. Judging from the lack of nearby Titans, Percy assumed it was Lynx One from the first transmission. He entered another paragraph in the document;
Lynx One; Faction: ?; Chassis: Scorch; Enemy: Unknown
"Warning. Hostile Titanfall detected." Percy heard a Titan say. He could tell it belonged to Lynx One.
"I guess that's our cue. Well Everett, it's time to prove your worth. Our orders are to eradicate any IMC soldiers we find, and make contact with any of Militia troops." he heard Lynx One reply. "Think you can do that?" Percy fixed the paragraph on Lynx One;
Lynx One; Faction: Militia; Chassis: Scorch; Enemy: Unknown
Percy pushed the document to the side, and (after ensuring that he and Max were not able to be seen or heard) began talking.
"Militia forces are here. Looks like they're just trying to find the IMC. But he said enemy Titanfall was incoming. Does that mean the IMC was here first? Or the Militia?"
"High chance of either." Max replied. "I say the best way to find out is to follow them to the battlefield and figure it out, depending on what the IMC base will look like."
"Then let's go." Percy said, returning to the silent reconnaissance mode.

"I was born ready to kick ass. Seeming as I'm such a gentleman I'll let you lead the way, Me and Z have you two covered." Jake smirked behind his helmet as his cockpit closed (He had also opened it too allow for better communication.) and he manipulated Z's controls so that her plasma railgun was spinning up and ready to fire.

Taking a moment to admire his new allies titan Jake was impressed. The pyro behemoth certainly would be a beast to take on in the battlefield, the kind of machine that could really handle getting up close and personal without all the fancy elegance of a Ronin. And of course the pilot knew that his own titan, his beloved Z, was a monster in her own right and not something that any opponent should ever underestimate. Those poor IMC had no idea what they were stepping into.

Scarlet felt the crash of the Titan's feet as it collided with the ground beneath them. Scarlet took a deep breath and looked up to see warfare. "True Delta... prepare for attack." Scarlet announced as she set him to auto pilot. "Mistress? Are you sure this is a good idea... we only-" TRD began as he was cut off by Scarlet. She crawled on top of TRD and attached herself with her grapple. She peered through her scope as TRD began to speed up. His sword was drawn as he began slicing the soldiers in half. Scarlet shot several others before seeing another Titan in the distance. "Enemy Titan in bound! Alert! Alert!" TRD yelled with fright. Scarlet patted his metal chassis as a way to comfort him. She aimed for the Titan as the trigger slowly fell back. The gun sounded as the bullet twirled until coming in contact with the cockpit of the enemy Titan.

Renato wasn't in the mood for VA to get shot in the face plate. He had just spent the walk to the battlefield attempting to find a way through the jammer field, with no such luck. As such, he squinted at the source, prepared to explode or combust anything that got within range. "Pilot, there is an enemy pilot rodeoing that Ronin. Scans detect that the fire may have come from there." VA told him. "Well? Let's get them!" Renato yelled. "Everett, I'm pushing ahead. Watch my back." Renato said. "Pilot. I believe I found a backdoor through the jamming field. There appears to be a frequency unaffected by the field. By using this signal as a messenger, I may be able to send a message to the commander. However, this will take up most of my CPU, and will most likely only work once." VA said. Renato nodded. "I can handle things here. Tell the commander that they can't reply, give them our co-ords and tell them that backup is welcome, as we're under attack by IMC forces." Renato said. "Understood." VA replied. "Beginning process..." VA said. Renato turned and began to run towards the enemy, sending his incendiary traps ahead of him and shooting them to draw attention to himself, and away from Jake and the troops.

"TRD do not pursue... he must have a plan. No one is stupid enough to draw attention to themselves. Prepare order 269 TDAC... Titan default and combustion." Scarlet ordered as she returned inside of the chassis. "But madam that will destroy every Titan in the area including the IMC's" he said fiddling with our fingers. Scarlet nodded as she hit a few switches. The countdown began. Scarlet grabbed the memory core and ejected. A blast of energy launched from the IMC base as every Titan ejected their pilots and were destroyed. Scarlet watched as TRD grew farther away before he went up in flames. She shoved the memory core in her belt and grabbed her wingman before spiraling back down.

"WARNING! SUPERNOVA BLAST ACTIVATED!" Max said, frantic.
"CRAP!" Percy said, harshly moving his titan behind the ruins of an old temple. The temple blocked the blast, keeping Percy and his titan safe. As soon as the blast stopped, Percy flinched. He used the infrared to scan the area. "Well, that insane move did one good thing. It got rid of all enemy titans."
"You're not thinking what I think you are... are you?" Max asked.
"Yep!" Percy replied. "Change to battle mode. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, so let's go help our old pals."
"Roger!" Max replied, deactivating the stealth abilities. Running out from behind the ruins, Max shot out a powerful Arc Wave before Phase Dashing towards the IMC pilots.

As Scarlet fell she let out a grin as she wiped out an activation key. She pressed the buttons on it as the floor beneath the remaining Titan sent vilta into the Titan until it shutdown completely. She landed on an abandoned building and broadcasted a signal. "The IMC are always prepared b*tches" she yelled into the broadcast. Airships began to fly in from the IMC base.

"Rodger that Lynx one, I've got your back." Jake replied calmly, activating Z's faulty active camouflage module to help draw attention away from themselves and towards the bulkier of the two present titan chassis. That's when everything hit the fan. A fair way ahead of them a bunch of titans who had just came into view exploded without warning, blossoming into majestic fireballs. The eagle eyed Z noticed something that was a little harder for a human being.

"Jake I can see multiple pilots descending back to the ground after ejecting from those titans, I am unsure of their motives after those fireworks but it is unlikely that engaging them in combat will be an unfavourable decision for us." Z buzzed, her "eye" tracking each falling target with rapid twitching movements.
"So what your saying is we should kill them all?" Jake queered in mock innocence.
"Yes I belive so." Came the response from his titan.
"Real original idea there Z, I love it." The pilot laughed, engaging Z's flight sequence and sending her up about twenty meters in to the air. No point in stealth anymore after all.

And then somehow even more sh*t hit the metaphorical fan. IMC ships were everywhere and some lunatic was shouting down their coms channel about b*tches. Jake thought about what his next move should be for about a millisecond, after all the choice was pretty clear. Z rose like a metallic angel into the sky, twisting and turning amongst the newly arrived ships. It was beautiful and graceful until she, commanded by Jake, decided to stick her fist into the cockpit of the nearest ship and rip out the pilot. Then she set about plugging plasma railgun shots into others, weaving and dodging the incoming fire. The duo even managed to land a cluster missile directly in the cargo bay door of one of the larger ships. Just another day at the office.

"So am I!" Percy shouted, throwing the complete reboot key. Max woke back up, slashing the building the IMC ***hole was standing on. The titan then swung his sword, smashing her into the ground. He then jumped up and slashed one of the IMC drop ships in half, obliterating it.

Scarlet watched as the Titan returned to his state. "Fine..." Scarlet whispered to herself as another Titan came crashing down right next to her. She jumped inside and through in the memory core. "Hello mistress, fancy seeing-" TRD started until he was interrupted "No time True Delta!" TRD drew his sword and was ready for battle.

Percy opened up a folder on Max's interface.
"Max, scan for the Militia's current comm channel." Percy said.
"Scanning..." Max replied, searching. "Channel found."
"Good. Put it on screen." Percy replied. A file popped up on the interface that Percy had set Max up with, and the pilot opened a certain section of the folder. There was already a file in there, and Percy popped the new file in as well. "Switch us to the Militia's channel." Percy said.
"Gotcha." Max said. "We're online."
"Good. Militia forces, this is Thor. We're currently battling the IMC alongside you, so we're allies for now. I can't tell you who I am or why I'm here, but I will tell you that I've restored your primary comm channel. We can now plan together. But for now, I'd like some back-up here!" As Percy said this, Max launched another Arc Wave directly at the newly-dropped IMC Titans.

Jake had spotted the new Ronin on the battlefield whilst he navigated the skies and so guessed pretty quickly who "Thor" was. Sadly he didn't really have the time to help the newcomer as he and Z were currently engaged in a vicious dogfight between themselves and several of the IMC ships.

"Thor this is Everett, attempt to capture that pilot if possible. We could always do with more intel after all. But if things get messy there are plenty more pilots to capture in the sea." He laughed down comms, simultaneously plugging a round from Z's plasma railgun into one ship whilst kicking another into a steep decent. Flying over the pair of duelling titans he dropped a tether on to the IMC Ronin, restricting its movement. "That should help."

"Thanks, Everett." Percy said. Then he spotted something. Smashing the switch to activate Max's Jump Boosters again, the Ronin Titan leaped up and sliced a ship that was planning to ambush Everett in half, and it exploded. "This should make us even!" Percy swung Max around, and activated the roller blades. The modified Ronin crashed into the enemy titan, tipping it over. Max then jabbed his sword through the blade arm of the IMC Titan, then ripping it clean off. It then stepped on top of the titan who, from the shouts he was hearing from the titan's cockpit, was named TRD.

Scarlet and TRD sat in the battle field as he was unable to move. Scarlet fixed the problem after shooting several bullets into the mechanism. TRD dives out of the way as an enemy Titan rammed into a fellow Titan behind them. "Too close TRD. Activate Code CO9" Scarlet ordered

Due to a combination of a kinetic barrier, thick plates of metal and some custom armor plates, along with the fact that they weren't at the epicenter of the explosion, VA had survived the blast. However, the electricity had short-circuited Renato's cybernetic parts, so before he could do anything, he had to reset himself. While it was reseting, he read the log of communication and saw Thor, who he assumed itd'd be best not to hit. After that, he punched a few buttons on VA's console, turning it on. "Repowering Ocular Systems." VA said. "Pilot, most of the excess energy has been rerouted to the reactor core. However, there is still energy originating from the shock in the system. Most of our systems are offline until we get rid of it." VA continued. Renato sighed and turned on his helmet radio. "Everett, Thor, this is Lynx One. I'm about to use my core on the Ronin in front of me. Get out of the way." Renato said. He flipped the switch that activated his core. "Flame Core is active." VA said, before raising his arms and bringing them down, sending a wave of thermite ahead of him, straight towards Scarlet and TRD.

Percy heard the command over the radio.
"Everett, Thor, this is Lynx One. I'm about to use my core on the Ronin in front of me. Get out of the way."
Percy knew who he was talking about, and decided to help. He drove Max right behind TRD, grabbing the arms of the 'bot. He held them out, leaving TRD and its pilot to be hit by the full force of the Flame Core. Using the enemy titan as a shield allowed Max to sustain only minimum damage. Percy also activated an EMP jack, getting Max to jab its finger into their foe. The pulse resonated from the implanted finger, deactivating the injured titan.
"Now she can't pull the same bat-shit crazy move she did last time." Percy said over the comm, kicking the Titan to the ground.

TRD fell and did a backwards summer daily before landing once again. "Owww! Warn me next time!" Scarlet yelled rubbing her head. TRD launched himself into the hair avoiding the for move. He ran another direction before her com turned on. "Madam we need you al base 17AD" he ordered. A ship flew by as TRD became attached to it before flying away. Later, the ship landed on the secret base. Scarlet turned on the energy chassis which deactivated any tracking device that may have been placed. They land at the unknown base.