• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Standard Competitive League (Sign Ups) - Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Post in this thread if you're interested in taking part in the Competitive Battling league, based on our standard competitive rules set. Anyone who had registered before the database died will need to register again.

Note: You must be a registered Organised Play member in order to compete. See the bottom of this post for the member registration form.

First season opens: July 1st
Deadline to register: July 10th at midnight. (Which is right now, so the sign ups are officially closed)
Link to Competitive Battling Rules: http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/http:/ ... ic.php?t=5

And to recap how the leagues will run:

* The league will consist of two seasons. Each season will run for two months with a one month break in between. The first season will be Singles battling. The second season will be Doubles battling.
* All battles will be full 6 on 6.
* The league will follow specific Pokecharms battling rule sets. You are not required to register your team, but you are required to adhere to the chosen rule set for the league. Anyone caught violating them will be removed from the league.
* Each participant is to battle every other participant once per season. That's two battles per league - once Singles, and once Doubles.
* We'll be running on a points system. A win is worth 3 points, a tie is worth 2 points, and a loss is worth 1 point. Whoever has the most points after both seasons are completed will be crowned league champion, but we'll be tracking seasonal champs as well.
* League Battles between participants may be freely arranged and fought at any time within the span of the season. This means you're aren't restricted to only battling on Saturdays.

I'll be making further updates closer to the 1st. Feel free to take part in the Upper Baby Cup league as well. :)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Re: Competitive Battling League (Sign Ups)

Sign me up please ♥

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Standard Competitive League (Sign Ups)

Kalseng said:
I want in so bad you have no idea.

If I don't get in I'll die.

:O

Oh, Kal...

Note: You must be a registered Organised Play member in order to compete. See the bottom of this post for the member registration form.

*Prods url*

Go register. Noaw. And then you can stop dying. :3

Oh, and for the record, DoctorOak/Alex is in on this, too. He was just too lazy to post saying such. XD

i want to ask you something i must be in the same country with you guys to participate at the standar league ? :/

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

@Pokasus: Nope. We have people from the States and Europe, and sometimes even more random places, battling each other all the time thanks to the magic of Wifi. So you don't need to be in the same country to compete. -^^-

Sorry if I shouldn't have posted this, Katie. *hides*

Count me in.
I will register myself when I decide which Game to use, which may take a while. But Im gonna compete in the tourney for sure!

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Count me in.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

the karl said:
im up for the challenge sign me up

You've gotta register in the Organised Play thread first, as stated in the first post of this thread. Please do so in order to compete.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Just a reminder that sign ups close on JULY 15TH. Please make sure to enter by then if you wish to participate~

U

ulises87g

I would like to sign up too. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

I wanna do it too! Sign me up!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

darthnatus

sign me up ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Darthnatus, you need to sign up to Charms Organised Play before you can sign up here~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Standard Competitive League (Sign Ups) - Closing July 10th

Change of plans. Due to the amount of competitors already involved and the confusion that leaving the sign-ups open this long has caused, we're going to close them early. As of now, the sign-ups will be closing July 10th, probably around noon GMT unless I sleep in. The only reason I'm allowing it until the 10th at all is because I'd rather give people one last chance to get their names in verses just cutting it off here.

However, as a heads up, the next time we run a league we won't be leaving the sign-ups open this long. People who want to take part will need to get their names in by the time the league starts up.

So, yeah. If you've been procrastinating joining, do so ASAP or you won't be getting in.

Edit: Hrm. It's midnight on the 10th for me now and nobody new has shown interest, so might as well just close it early. Thanks for joining everyone, and good luck in the league! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.