• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Starting From the Bottom (Discussion)

Psymallard

Previously mallard
https://discord.gg/jTxzuzk (Join the Starting From the Bottom Discord Server!)
First off, let's worldbuild. The world in this rp is a fantasy world, although it does have the technology of a 1800s first world country, but magic-infused (magic flintlocks, muskets, revolvers exist). The world has pretty much every biome you can think of and more. There are many humanoid species (no half dragons or such, but lizard people are fine. You could be, say, half lycan, half elf). The architecture is still medieval, and the average city has cottages haphazardly thrown on top of each other, with wooden beams and ropes stopping them from all tumbling down. There are magic in certain crystals, trees and animals, as well as in the dominant humanoid races. There are academies where people can hone their skills and magic, and magic works differently then you might assume in this world.

Magic comes in three forms, the special moves called Arts, the super powerful arts called Magnum Opuses, and the weaker but more versatile Sketches. To go into more detail, Arts are basically moves like rasengan or shadow ball, and they do the same thing every time they're used. They can take the form of attacks, buffs, or something else useful. Magnum Opuses are just much stronger versions of Arts. Sketches are weaker than the other two, and they can come in the form of passive abilities, like night vision or burning hot skin, or powers, like pyrokinesis or flight.

Adventurers can take tasks that other people posted from three different boards. There's White Boards, or the normal tasks you'd see heroes complete, displayed to the public. There are Black Boards, that have tasks that involve illegal activities such as theft and assassination. They are hidden from the public, often in special taverns and clubs. These usually pay much better that White Board tasks. Then there is a single Grey Board. This is the monarchy's task list that they seek out and pay certain adventurers to do. The missions are almost always secret, dangerous, and rewarding. The harder a mission is, the more pay (usually), and the more points you get towards the next rank.

Our characters will begin in the final exams of a magic academy, and our only chances at graduating are to ace the exams. We don't.
They want to work up to the top throughout this rp, and we will try to do so. Our characters will grow and so will their power as the story goes on. I'm probably going to be a bit strict on bios, and I apologize in advance, but I have a specific idea in mind for this. Change and improvement are going to be a big theme for this rp, so we will have Romance is allowed, but nothing inappropriate.

Beginning Bio (Our characters at the start of the rp)
Name:
Sexuality:
Class: (Don't go too far from the basic classes such as rogues and druids)
Alignment:
Personality:
Appearance:
Arts: (3-5)
Sketch: (Just one for now)
Items/Weapons:
Other:
Goal Bio (Our characters at their peak, could be when we reach S rank. If one of the sections hasn't changed, skip over it.)
Age: (The process will take around an in-universe year and a half)
Sexuality:
Alignment:
Personality:
Appearance:
Arts: (5-10, your character must have learned at least two more Arts)
Sketches: (1-3, you don't need another if you don't want one.)
Magnum Opus:
Items/Weapons:
Other changes:
We will be updating bios as we go in the Discord sever.

My Character:

Beginning Bio
Name: Sean Long
Species: Human
Sexuality: Straight
Class: Knight
Alignment: Neutral good
Personality: Not very smart outside of tactics, but covers it with charisma. He is very friendly and energetic, and will do what's right.
Appearance: Medium length spiky red hair and green eyes, 5'09", faded tan long sleeved shirt, brown pants and brown leather shoes, black strap that connects to a sheath on his back that can attach to a shield as well.
Arts:
Blade Beam: Collects light and releases in a crescent shaped energy blast. The more well lit the area is, the stronger the move.
Draw Blade: This can only be used when his sword is sheathed, and after it is used, the sword gathers energy, adding 20% of its base striking power every 1 second. When drawn, that energy only lasts a single second.
Eruption: To perform this move, Sean strikes the ground with his sword and an explosion a little larger than the size of a grenade's blast erupts from the ground, without Sean being hurt.
Sketch:
Strength from Weakness: When Someone in the vicinity is injured, be an ally, foe, or himself, and depending on the severity, Sean becomes stronger and faster.
Items/Weapons: A broadsword and blue metal shield with a silver rim, as well as health and stamina potions.

Goal Bio
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personality: He's smarter, and a lot less optimistic and energetic.
Appearance: He has very slight dark circles under his eyes now. Sean now wears brown gloves and boots, as well as trading is strap for a brown jacket with a magnet that holds his sheath.
Arts:
Blade Beam
Draw Blade
Eruption: Now with an explosion the size of a modern suburban home including the yard.
Tailwind: A strong wind backs him, he can hold it for three seconds.
Giant Shield: A hard light shield the size of a house appears in front of where Sean's shield is pointed.
Sketches:
Strength from Weakness
Magnum Opus:
Vulcan Son: Sean's eyes, sword, shield and other random parts of his body start to spew fire. His hair stands straight up and he becomes multiple thousands of degrees, and as such a certain vicinity of air is also thousands of degrees, being able to melt stone and steel. His strength and speed are also drastically buffed. His arts also change, he's unable to use Draw Blade or Giant Shield in this form. Blade Beam is now orange and trailing flame, Eruption now is a twisting column of flame that can reach cloud level and he can hold it for as long as he wants. Tailwind doesn't use wind in Vulcan Son, it's fire coming from his back like a rocket. The longer he holds this form, the more damaged his body is when he exits.

The limit is going to be 7 characters, and I plan to have this one go on for a while, so please don't join if you can't make that commitment. I encourage questions if you're unsure about something.

Last edited:
I'd also like to reserve a spot. I've always been a sucker for fantasy stories with interesting rules on magic.
Also, should I join the discord server after my character is accepted or should I just join now?

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
Beginning Bio (Our characters at the start of the rp)

Name: Thomas Anino

Species: Half Human/Half Dark Elf

Sexuality: Bi-Sexual

Class: Rouge

Personality: Thomas is a fairly cynical and sarcastic young man, feeling as though he was left behind by the world. He does have a drive to prove himself and help others he sees himself in. However, he is not afraid to question authority and not follow commands if he feels its not for the best.

Appearance: Thomas has a slightly pale skin, not the snow white colouration seen in most full dark elves. His hair is jet black, running down to about his shoulders, and will usually have it up in something of a bun to keep it from getting in the way. His eyes are a striking gold colour. His usual garb consists of a hooded grey cloak, which covers up a similarly coloured sleeveless tunic, with his quiver and sword being sheathed horizontally across the back of his waist.

Arts:

Shadow Blade: Thomas can harness the power of the shadows to make his short sword the length of a full broad sword. The darker the area, the more powerful the blade will be. Doesn’t work in bright spaces.

Arrow Manipulation: after firing off a single arrow, Thomas can control it’s trajectory, manipulating where it goes to accurately hit where he desires. This does require immense concentration however.

Elemental Bullets: Thomas can infuse the 6 bullets in his cylinder with 6 separate elemental magics. Water, Fire, Air, Electric, Light, and Dark. However, he doesn’t know which order they’ll come out in.

Sketch:

Stealth Strength

As long as Thomas remains hidden from sight, his strength is enhanced by a 1.5 multiplier. As soon as someone lays their eyes on him, he’ll return to his regular strength, so Thomas values a more stealthy approach compared to a frontal assault.

Items/Weapons: Short Sword, Bow and Arrows, Magic Revolver.

Other: N/A

Goal Bio

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Personality: Thomas has gotten a bit more mature over the course of the story, caring less about proving himself and more about doing what he can to help others. He still keeps a slight sarcastic cock attitude, but has become a little less cynical. He still has a slight adversity towards authority figures.

Appearance: Thomas looks the same for the most part besides a few drastic changes. He has some scars lining his face and one arm, while the other is gone completely. Using his control over shadow magic, he created an artificial arm out of shadow. His grey cloak has been swapped out for a black one, while the clothes underneath have become a lighter shade of grey, almost a white.

Arts:

Shadow Blade: The Blade’s length has gotten slightly longer, as well as being able to discharge small balls of shadow energy essentially.

Arrow Manipulation: He can now control up to three arrows at once, but the same level of concentration is still required. Doing one at a time ore two at a time isn’t that difficult for him anymore.

Elemental Bullets: Bullets deal more elemental damage, but the same rules still apply where he doesn’t know what element he will fire.

Shadow Sneak: By concentrating, Thomas can travel to any shadow that he can see in close range, giving him a sort of quick teleport. It does have a 30 second recharge time.

Disappearing Act: For about one minute, Thomas can turn invisible. This gives him a natural boost thanks to his Stealth Strength sketch. If he bumps into anyone or gets hit before the time is up however, the art will immediately get broken.

Staff Double: since his staff comes in two parts, he can split it down the middle, and this art allows him to create a near perfect double of himself, using the other half of the staff. The double is not as strong, and can be defeated a lot quicker than the real Thomas. It also can’t perform any of Thomas’ arts. However, it does allow Thomas a wider range of movement and help in one on one fights.

Sketches:

Stealth Strength: It’s power has increased to a 2.5 multiplier.

Let there be Light: Thomas can covert shadowed dark magic into a powerful beam of light magic. He can only do this once a day and the more shadows he takes in, the harder it is to convert back into light.

Magnum Opus:

Shattered Shadows

Using his arm, which at this point is made of pure concentrated shadow magic, he essentially drains all the darkness in the surrounding area. After doing so, his entire body becomes made of the same energy as his arm, and his weapons take on a shadowy energy. Shadow Blade now becomes the length of a broadsword, Elemental Bullets now use entirely shadow magic. Shadow Sneak now has farther range, and Disappearing Act lasts longer. Once the time runs out, his eyes will glow a bright golden light, and a burst of light magic explodes out from his body, returning himself to his usual state. Once exiting the state, his shadow arm disappears for a short time, leaving him with only one arm until he can get his energy back.

Items/Weapons: Short Sword, Bow and Arrows, Magic Revolver, Staff

Other changes: N/A

How many players are you planning to accept into the story? I prefer to play in smaller threads as easier to manage and build relationships with those who are co-authoring? If it is a smaller storyline than I would be interested with a more musical character of mine that I am now looking to find a muse for modelled on (of all characters) a My Little Pony Character, Fluttershy, and based on this song that I had found.

@Psymallard Ah. I was hoping for around four to five players at the most. I am afraid that I will have to duck out of this one, but I appreciate the interest and I am always open to more personalized or different stories if anyone is interested in brainstorming plots. For myself, one of my favorite parts about a storyline is the character development and the playful banter between myself and my partners throughout story; as well as the brainstorming of said stories.

Alright, this is a big one. This character is pretty unconventional, so if there's anything wrong, or if I made him too overpowered, please don't hesitate to ask me and I can change it no problem.
Beginning Bio
Name:
Canari "Kaine" Luka
Species: Half Human, Half High Elf
Class: Spellsword
Alignment: Lawful Good (Canari), Chaotic Neutral (Kaine)

Personality: Canari is kind, intelligent, a bit of a coward, and somewhat snobby. He can strike up a conversation with most anyone, and is most comfortable among others. He gets very anxious when he's alone, and is often scared of Kaine taking over at the worst time. Kaine, on the other hand, is careless, rude, threatening, and likes to piss people off. He hates crowds, and doesn't feel respected by someone unless they're talking one-on-one. He's also quite stubborn, and won't leave someone alone until he gets what he wants from them. The two personalities despise each other, as they're almost complete opposites. However, over the course of the RP, they learn to respect and appreciate what each is good at.

Appearance: Canari looks much more like a human than an elf, having dark brown hair as opposed to an elf's typical blonde. His hair is short and well-groomed, his facial features are more similar to a human as well. However, he still has an elf's ears. He's Caucasian, stands at about 5'8, and is usually seen wearing a fancy-looking blue shirt and indigo pants, although he sometimes wears a red scarf. He also carries a brown leather rucksack, and a hip holster for both his flintlock and rapier's sheath. When he becomes Kaine, his skin turns purple, and his pupils disappear. His hair becomes lighter, and his face becomes more elf-like. As Kaine, he looks much more similar to a high elf than a human. All these changes of course fade when he becomes Canari again.

Arts: 4
Zip - The target of this Art is carried by a large electrical spark and sent a somewhat short distance in the direction of the caster's choice, before being released from the spark unharmed. It would function like a short-ranged near-instantaneous teleport, but electricity-based. It cannot move through solid objects, but it can maneuver around them. However, Canari can only cast it on nearby objects and living creatures less than 6 and a half feet in size (excluding himself), and Kaine can only cast it on himself.
Canari only: 2
Focused Beam - Using this Art requires Canari to focus his magic energy for a minimum of a few seconds before firing a magical electric beam from the tip of his rapier (or his palm if he doesn't have it currently). The longer Canari focuses, the wider and more powerful the beam will be. The beam has a rather long range, and cannot move through solid objects (but can destroy them).
Crackling Barrier - Using this Art summons a dome-shaped electric barrier around an object or creature of Canari's choice (including himself). The barrier is extremely tough for a couple seconds, being near invulnerable to physical attack, but quickly fades afterwards, so it's best used as a reaction.
Kaine only: 1
Spark Counter - This Art can be casted whenever Kaine blocks an attack. He can summon a blast of electricity from the object he blocked with that damages and possibly stuns the attacker, allowing Kaine to follow up with an attack of his own. The electricity does not hurt him. This Art is more powerful if the attack is parried with his rapier.

Sketch: Split Spirit
Canari has an alternate personality/form who calls himself Kaine. Kaine is faster and more aggressive, but lacks defensive ability and range. Canari becomes Kaine when he is extremely stressed, or when someone significantly hurts him or an ally. Kaine becomes Canari when he does something Canari would regret, or when he becomes unconscious (whether that be from going to sleep, being knocked out, or other means). They have a chance to switch at any time if they feel like they're not fit for the situation. For example, Kaine might switch to Canari in a professional environment, like a court, while Canari might switch to Kaine in someplace suspicious or dirty, like a dark alleyway. Both personalities are fully aware of what happened while they weren't in control. They have some control over their form (they can choose whether to resist changing form or not) but not a significant amount. Throughout the RP, Canari and Kaine become more coordinated, therefore allowing them more control over their forms. The many differences between the two personalities is detailed throughout the bio.

Items/Weapons: An ornate magical rapier that he uses as an arcane focus. His Arts are only at full power when focused through the rapier. A magic flintlock pistol that he hasn't quite figured out how to use properly. Some assorted potions of health, stamina, mana, and the like.
Goal Bio
Alignment: Either Chaotic Good or Pure Neutral, depending on how the RP goes

Personality: Canari and Kaine have become one, and their personality is now a fusion of the two. He loses his cowardice, and keeps Canari's intelligence, kindness and charisma. He also inherits Kaine's stubbornness and threatening demeanor, while being much more down to earth and less rude. Kaine is now just his nickname, he goes by Canari professionally.

Appearance: Once Canari achieves Dual Spirit, his appearance changes to be a combination of his two forms. His dark brown hair has grown longer, now looking a bit more like a typical high elf, and the pupils in his eyes are gone. The only difference between his forms is the color of his skin. A typical human Caucasian skin color for his Caster form, and purple for his Duelist form.

Arts: 10
Zip - The possible targets of this spell is no longer affected by Canari's form. Whether in Caster or Duelist form, this Art can target Canari or any other object or creature a short distance away from him.
Arcane Contemplation - By focusing their spirit, Canari/Kaine can change form manually. The process lasts 45 seconds, and Canari/Kaine must retain focus for the entirety of the Art. With Dual Spirit, the process only takes 10 seconds and only requires a small amount of focus.
Caster Form/Canari only: 4
Focused Beam - Can now be channeled through his flintlock to fire a weaker beam that requires much less focus.
Crackling Barrier
Thunderboon
- By touching a living creature, this Art grants that creature electric power, making them faster and allowing them to cast their Arts quicker. This effect lasts 3 minutes, and is cancelled when Canari (Caster Form) switches forms or becomes unconscious.
Crack the Sky - By raising his rapier up high, Canari (Caster Form) can call upon a lightning bolt to strike a target from above. This Art is very powerful, but using it drains his mana severely. Therefore, he won't be able to cast any Acts or his Magnum Opus for about 5 minutes.
Duelist Form/Kaine only: 4
Spark Counter
Wind Strike
- This Art can be casted when Kaine/Duelist form Canari attacks with his rapier. It creates a burst of wind at the point of impact, blowing away everything nearby except him.
Thunderbane - This Art shoots a spark of magical electricity that enfeebles the target. They become slower, and their Arts require more focus to use. This effect lasts 1 and a half minutes, and is cancelled when Kaine/Duelist form Canari switches form or becomes unconscious. This Art can be channeled through his flintlock to give this effect to whoever is hit by the channeled shot.
Storm Arena - By striking a target with his rapier, Kaine/Duelist form Canari can summon a storm cloud to encompass him and the target. Anyone who tries to enter the cloud after it appears is shocked by lightning, effectively isolating the two from everyone else. The inside of the cloud is dark, but everything in the cloud will be clearly visible from the inside. The cloud stays for 2 minutes before fading into nothingness and leaving Kaine/Duelist form Canari weakened due to the energy required to keep the cloud around.

Sketches: 3
Dual Spirit - Upgrade of Split Spirit. Canari and Kaine have become one, allowing them to coordinate the two forms in harmony. He's still split into two forms, however he refers to them as "Caster form" and "Duelist form" respectively. He's now gained full control of his forms, and no longer switches passively.
Calm Armor - In Caster Form/as Canari, he gains a passive barrier around his body that provides a resistance to magic. This barrier slowly becomes less effective and eventually fades as Kaine takes over. With Dual Spirit, the barrier never weakens and fades immediately upon entering Duelist form.
Storm Combo - In Duelist Form/as Kaine, each physical attack he lands consecutively makes him faster. The more attacks he lands in a row, the more electricity crackles around him. If he lands 5 consecutive hits on a single target, his next physical attack or Art is enhanced by the crackling electricity and is twice as powerful, sending the target reeling back. However, performing this powerful finisher turns Kaine into Canari. With Dual Spirit, Canari chooses whether to switch into Caster form or not after the finisher.

Magnum Opus: Pure Energy Form
With both hands empty, Canari closes his eyes and focus all his power into his spirit. Raising his hands upwards, a bolt of lightning strikes him, coating his entire body with a thick layer of electric energy. In this form, he looks like a humanoid mass of electricity, crackling with power. As long as he is in this form, he may use any of his Arts regardless of form restrictions, and doesn't become exhausted or weakened by Acts that would normally do so. Additionally, he becomes twice as fast and anything that touches him will be shocked by the copious amount of energy surrounding him. The form lasts 2 minutes before the energy surrounding him fades away, leaving him severely weakened or possibly unconscious. The amount of weakness caused by exiting Pure Energy Form depends on the amount of spells casted while in the form.

Items/Weapons: He's figured out how to use his flintlock properly and how to make use of its magic.

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Beginning Bio
Name: Gwydion Lykos
Species: Half Human/Half Lycan
Class: Warlock
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Personality: Gwydion is very caring and considerate and loves making friends. But when it comes to criminals and ‘bad people’ he doesn’t know where to draw the line and sees no problem in ridding the world of such filth. He tends to go a little far in fights and will often forget his own wellbeing.
Appearance: Gwydion is tall standing at 6’6” and has a semi athletic build with well-defined musculature. He has silvery grey messy hair and brilliant yellow eyes. He has a pair of grey wolf ears on the top of his head instead of human ears, his nails are quite long and sharp and he has a tail. He usually wears black trousers, a white shirt and a long flowing black coat. He also wears black gloves with metal claws that his actual claws fit into and brown boots.
Arts: Wandering Heart – This art allows Gwydion to temporarily shift the location of his heart in his body for about 30 minutes, it then returns to the correct location. This is very taxing and is very painful as well as causing the coughing up of blood for a while after the 30 mins.
I Can Hear Your Desires – This art allows Gwydion to increase his hearing capabilities tenfold.
Become Rooted – This art makes it impossible to move him for about 30 mins.
Lycan Strength – This art allows Gwydion to become incredibly strong for about 10 minutes
Sketch: Strengthened by Love - Gwydion’s skin and flesh become stronger depending on his relationship with the closest person to him at that moment. So basically, if the closest person to him is his worst enemy he will be as physically weak as a new-born but if that person were his true love or whatever then his skin would be completely impenetrable even from magic.
Items/Weapons: Poena – An enchanted revolver that absorbs the pain of the wielder to increase the power of the bullets.
Dolor – An enchanted revolver that absorbs the pain of enemies to transform the bullets into healing bullets to heal allies.

Goal Bio
Appearance: Gwydion is tall standing at 6’8” and has a semi athletic build with well-defined musculature. He has silvery grey messy hair and brilliant yellow eyes. He has a pair of grey wolf ears on the top of his head instead of human ears, his nails are quite long and sharp and he has a tail. He usually wears black trousers, a white shirt and a long flowing black and gold coat with a hood. He also wears black gloves with metal claws that his actual claws fit into and brown boots. He has a scar across one eye rendering it blind.
Arts: Wandering Heart
I Can Hear Your Desires
Become Rooted
Lycan Strength
I Am Become Frost – This art allows Gwydion to become a flurry of snow for a quick getaway.
Frozen Asylum – This art creates a permanent prison of ice that only Gwydion can open. The prison takes quite a while to form and Gwydion is vulnerable while doing so.
Chilled Anatomy – Gwydion’s current state is kept constant for about an hour, stopping poisons from spreading, bleeding out and diseases.
Sketches: Strengthened by Love
Levitation
Cryokinesis
Magnum Opus: Lycan’s Unstoppable Momentum – He fully transforms into a lycan form gaining immense strength and speed and becomes impossible to stop once he is moving.

Last edited:

Psymallard

Previously mallard
@Shadow_Pup I think the Frozen Asylum Art is the only thing I have a problem with, I think it should either come out very slowly or is not actually unbreakable. If it comes out in an instant and is indestuctable, it might cause a problem.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Edit: Grammar Correction and added missing Information (Height and Weight)

Beginning Bio

Name: Zion Xylvhok
Gender: None (Though he has a masculine voice and prefers to be referred to using male pronouns)
Species: A Demon, of the Skeleton Type.
Sexuality: None
Class: Necromancer

Personality: Before coming to earth, Zion was pretty unlikeable. An overall no-good thief who had a talent in the dark arts, but had no opportunity to train it. Usually he did things for his own good, but he did help out every now and again. Only a few handful of people could actually tolerate him. He hadn't changed his ways much since coming to earth, but he has become less evil for the sake of actually achieving his full potential. Zion himself isn't actually an undead, as much as he is rather a demon from the underworld, brought into reality by the very crystal ball that he uses as a weapon.

Appearance: Being all bones, Zion has a slightly dusty skeletal structure, his forehead having a pentagram with an eldritch star on it, with his eye sockets having shadows inside them that contain the white lights that are Zion's eyes. Zion has the appearance of an average human skeleton, being 6'4ft tall and weighing only 26 lbs. Be it through emotion or through the colour of the current art he is casting, his eyes change colours respectively (the mark on his forehead also changes colours, but only based on his arts). Zion himself wears one seemingly simple clothing; a large black cloak with otherworldy runes engraved all over it in red, golden rims and a hood attached to it, which he usually wears up instead of keeping it down. He wears nothing else underneath the cloak, as he does not deem it necessary. After all, what does he have to hide? He's just all bones.

Arts:
Tainted Blast: Zion focuses his dark energy into the crystal ball, which turns black, and aims it at his target. The crystal ball then fires off a ball of dark, malicious energy that moves fast at its target like a fireball. It does not do much damage, but it weakens the target's physical and mental/magic capabilities for 10 seconds.

Dark Barrier: Zion holds the crystal ball above himself, which floats above his head and shifts into a dark-purple colour. A dark-purple pentagram with eldritch symbols is then created underneath Zion for 5 seconds, which reflects all incoming magic attacks and corrupts them with dark magic, shifting half of their current element to unholy energy, slightly increasing their damage. During this, he is vulnerable to physical attacks.

Soul Scare: Zion channels his dark magic for three seconds, then turns to look directly at his targets and screams. Should a target look at him while he is doing this, they will see and hear Zion as their worst fears. Non-lethal, but can lead to stunning enemies and potentially knocking them out from the sheer shock.

Eldritch Assistance: Zion focuses his dark magic and summons spiked eldritch tentacles that grow out his back. These tentacles will lash out at closeby attackers, protecting Zion for 5 seconds before disappearing. During this, he is vulnerable to art attacks.

Eye of Xylvhok: Zion channels his dark energy into his crystal ball, which promptly floats up above Zion and tints into a dark-red colour, with a firey eye inside it. This eye will follow one enemy's movements and periodically fire fireballs at them. This turret remains above Zion for as long as 8 seconds before returning back to how it was. Zion is left vulnerable as he has to keep the crystal ball up for those 8 seconds on his own, unlike his Dark Barrier and Eldritch Assistance, making him vulnerable if one can get close enough.

Sketch:
Insanity Zone: In a small area around Zion, beings around the skeleton will start hearing a variety of otherworldy sounds, demonic chanting and whispering in strange languages around them. This can lead to losing one's focus, panic and light headaches. This takes effect regardless of whether Zion's in danger or not.

Items/Weapons:
Zion's cloak is one that he found within a mausoleum, a known base of an old cult that worshipped the outer gods. This cloak resists elemental damage, but has its weakness against holy magic.

Zion's weapon is a smooth, seemingly otherworldy dark-teal crystal ball, the size of a bowling ball. It acts as a sort of conductor for Zion's magic, letting him get a better range and accuracy as the ball targets the very soul of Zion's enemies to aim his art attacks. This crystal ball is what keeps Zion living, and once it is destroyed, Zion falls into a pile of bones and will cease to move until manually re-animated from another necromancer.

Other: Being that he is a skeleton, I decided to give him five arts. After all, one good hit with a sword is needed to knock him into a pile. Not that it would kill him off, but it'd incapacitate him for a few seconds, after which he can then rebuild.

Goal Bio
Sexuality: None

Personality: Having learned his lessons, Zion managed to get a little bit better in terms of being kind and helpful. He still wants to do things for his own benefit, but wont turn down to help someone who really does need it.

Appearance: Nothing really changes much here. I suppose Zion grows dark-brown ram horns, large black bat wings and gains the same mark on his hands as he has on his forehead.

Arts:
Tainted Blast: Became smaller and now shoots 4 energy orbs in a wide area.
Dark Barrier: Now fully corrupts magic attacks, greatly boosting their power and fully converting them into unholy energy.
Soul Scare: No changes.
Eldritch Assistance: More, longer tentacles will grow out of Zion's back
Eye of Xylvhok: Fires faster, has a longer range and lasts twice as long.

-NEW ARTS-
Hail of Skulls: Zion channels his dark energy into his crystal ball, which tints into a dark-red purple colour. The Crystal Ball then fires out a flurry of dark-purple skills that, while weak, drain stamina of an enemy the more skulls manage to hit them.

Walls of Agony: Zion channels his dark energy into his crystal ball, which starts burning from the inside. The Ball then flies at the enemy and around them, forming walls of burning thorns below itself as a trail for 5 seconds. The walls remain for the same amount of time unless cut down.

Call of Hell: Zion takes 10 seconds to fully cast this art. During this, a much greater, bigger summoning circle is created underneath Zion, black in colour, with the same symbols as in Dark Barrier. If he suceeds with this spell, it will summon four basic demons (yknow the ones. Red skin with tails, wings, horns and a pitchfork) that act as his bodyguards for as long as they can live. (He can also command these demons, and they will do anything he says.)

Rise of the Dead: Zion does the same as with Call of Hell, but instead of eldritch symbols, it is genuinely a satanic pentagram, even with a fitting red colour. Once the spell is over, it will bring any corpses in a close range around the ring/inside the ring back to life as zombies or skeletons. Will not work on ashes. The revived zombies will re-gain their old personalities and memories, however, the magic prevents them from attacking Zion and his allies. (The magic will convince the risen zombies to follow Zion's orders, no matter what it is.)

Hellfire Flurry: Zion channels dark magic into his crystal ball, which will appear as if its burning with black flames on the inside. It will then fire off medium-sized balls of hellfire, barring resemblance to orbs of magma. Unlike his Eye of Xylvhok, this hellfire can only be put out with holy magic, or be put out by itself after 6 seconds of igniting.

Sketches:
Insanity Zone: Has acquired a bigger reach, only activates when in battles.

Blood God: Upon reaching near-death (AKA his crystal ball is REALLY cracked), Zion will be slightly powered up and gain lifeforce/have his crystal ball be slowly repaired by inflicting damage. (The more he does, the more its healed)

Distortion Gaze: Those who gaze upon Zion can sometimes hallucinate copies of him. This can help in battle as an enemy can strike a hallucination instead of Zion.

Magnum Opus:
Hail of Darklight: Zion takes 12 second to charge this attack, during which his crystal ball hovers above him as he holds his hands up at his, channeling his magic into it. The ball switches into the appearance similiar to a black hole and begins absorbing both light and darkness into it. If the Magnum Opus is successfully cast, Pillars of Light and Dark magic will strike down from the sky all around Zion at random locations for 3 seconds. Due to his Crystal ball, they are more likely to land near enemies, if not on them.

Items/Weapons:
Same as before, only difference being is that Zion's Crystal Ball grew much tougher as he had become stronger in the dark arts.

Other changes: Nothing here.

Last edited:
Name: Deformis Mediocris (Medio)
Gender: refer to themselves as male for ease but doesn't have a gender.
Species: Fairy
Sexuality: N/A
Class: Paladin
Alignment: Lawful good
Personality: Medio acts very socially awkward and is really clumsy due to his own size he feels ashamed of himself, hates his appearance and and doesn't know who he is. He wants to get to know other people but views himself as a leech who just sucks away peoples personalities and interests and copies them to feel normal. He is friendly and tries his best to avoid conflict he follows a strict moral code which is to only to fight to protect and preserve but never to destroy.
Appearance: His a large insect like creature which stands at 7,9. He weighs about 280kg. He has a large head with large sharp teeth and mandibles on the sides of his mouth, he has four eyes two on each side, and a large horn which protrudes from in-between his eyes. He has a grey collard exo skeleton over his whole body, and 4 arms but only keeps two out at any time. He wears red and gold samurai amour which cover his body and two large shoulder guards.
Arts: (3-5)
Slash of the people
Medio does a slash which depending on how many people Medio thinks his protecting strengthens it.
Spin of the arbiter
Medio holds out all his swords and spins around quickly like a tornado going really fast and when he stops realising projectiles everywhere.
Judges Roll
Medio holds out his blades runs forwards and rolls forward quickly so his a spinning wheel which can be used to travel faster and also burrow into the ground.
Sketch:
Medio can talk to insects and can easily persuade them to do as he says.
Items/Weapons: He has two large odachis on both side of his hips in red guards. He also anonther two at the back of his hip which he grabs with his other pair of arms.
Other:

ClassDruid
Alignment:Chaotic good
Personality: His a leader, and outgoing and will risk it all to protect his people and freinds.
Appearance: He looks like a 12 year old kid with green unkept hair and wheres no shirt and baggy white pants he also has large butterfly wings behind him which he can make spring from his back.
Arts: (5-10, your character must have learned at least two more Arts)
Fly trap
Medio summons a large venus fly trap which is incredibly fast and has razor sharp teeth and whatever it eats it converts to raw energy which at medios comand it shoots outs.
Vine snare
Spiked vines wrap around opponets and the more they move the more the vines tighten and the only way to escape is to relax you body losseneng the vines.
Water surge
Medio causes roots to grow from his feet which absorb nutrients and water which cuases for medio to gain more power.
Slash of the people
Medio does a slash which gets stronger depending on how many living thing's he believes his protecting.
Spin of the arbiter is the same as before but does more damage.
Judges roll medio uses his wings to increase his speed by far more and due to his new sword does more damage.
Sketches: (1-3, you don't need another if you don't want one.)
Magnum Opus:
Ferrum folium turbinis vasti
Medio summons 100's millions of sharp leafes which he launches at incredible speed which shred any enemys affected by it.
Items/Weapons: Had all his swords forged into a single katana with a blade which looks a leaf cut in half and no guard.
Other Changes: Medio was cursed from a young age to look like a monster and forgot who he was and lost all memorys then after discovering who he is managed to revert back to his normal form.

Last edited:
If I did anything wrong, please tell me and I'll fix it.

Beginning Bio:
Name: Erik Brand.
Species: Human.
Sexuality: Bisexual.
Class: Rogue.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral.
Personality: He mostly just look after himself, he won't save anyone if it means his life would be in danger (unless you pay well enough). He believes that if he would die, he wouldn't be able to save the next person's life. Or the next after that. This goes for his reputation as well. He wouldn't save someone else's reputation if it meant his would be tarnished. He wants some recognition. He's sarcastic and cold to those who deserve it.
Appearance: 6'0 tall. His body is slim, yet muscular. His hair is black with red streaks in it. He dress in standard rogue clothes (black, red and a little purple for the color scheme) and hides his face with a grey mask when he's on missions.
Arts: 4 of them.
The standard fireball: Don't think it needs an explanation.
Smokescreen: He can easily get away with this one, plus it may make the opponent confused for a few seconds.
Wall of Fire: That's it. He makes a wall of fire. He can't hold it for more than 5 seconds, it's only used defensively and in extremely dangerous situations.
Heat Vision: He can see people through walls with their body heat. He can't always do so, he saves it for when he needs it.
Sketch:
Torch: To light up dark areas.
Items/Weapons: He always carry 10 small smoke bombs (in order to preserve his Smokescreen ability), a dagger and a wakizashi.
Other:

Goal Bio:
Sexuality: Bisexual.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral.
Personality: He hasn't changed much.
Appearance: Not much has changed, he got himself a new costume which is black, red and dark blue in color. He has a few scars here and there, including one over his right eye. His right eye is completely white because he's blind in it, but he can use his heat vision to see anyway.
Arts: 9 arts:
The standard fireball: No explanation needed.
Smokescreen: No explanation needed.
Wall of Fire: He can now keep this one going for 43 seconds.
Heat vision: No explanation needed.
Fire bullet: Like a fireball but much smaller and can be shot in quantities.
Grenade: He can cause a small explosion a small distance away that is equal to the power of a grenade.
Hottie (I'm not sorry): Can make himself extremely hot (won't affect his body) and that way he'll deter people from coming at him in hand-to-hand combat.
Fire immunity: He can make himself (and his clothes because it's PG-13) immune to fire for one minute at a time.
Fire Beam: He can shoot a beam of fire for up to 5 seconds at a time.
Sketches: 2 of them.
Torch: No explanation needed.
Steamer: Can make steam out of a nearby liquid and use it as a form of communication (similar to how they do it in the Percy Jackson books but without the rainbow) but only one-way. I know, it doesn't have to have a use, but it doesn't have to not have a use.
Magnum Opus:
Fire Vortex: He can make a tornado out of fire and hold it for 30 seconds. If he needs to, he can hold it for 35 but he'll faint immediately after.
Items/Weapons: A katana and shurikens. He still have smoke bombs but now he also has gunpowder in small bags that make sounds if you throw them on the ground (they explode, but it's like a tiny tiny explosion that won't even blow up the bag the gunpowder is in). He also still have a dagger.
Other changes: If I may, can I have a phoenix?

Last edited:

Psymallard

Previously mallard
@Thomas the trainer can you explain how he changes from a bug to a boy? I'm not against the idea, I just want to know how you plan to do it before I accept. Also, you should have all Arts from his times as a bug, but I assume you know that.

@Killerbunny the god your "Sketches" are actually Arts. Sketches are basically just powers that don't have to do specific things. For your character, you could have fire projection, although it wouldn't be as strong as an Art. As for the Phoenix, you could have a horse-sized one as a mount, or a dog-sized one as an unmountable pet.

@Psymallard I'll fix that. And about the Phoenix, I planned for it to be a small unmountable one but similar to Dumbledore's Phoenix, it can teleport me out of trouble every once in a while. I only bring it on super dangerous missions tho (because Phoenix's can get reborn lol)