• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Suggest a Trophy!

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
So I've been wondering about adding more trophies to Pokécharms for a while now, and as you guys are the ones looking to be unlocking them, I'm interested to hear about what you'd find fun.

Not minding whether things are technically feasible for the moment, I'd like to ask the following questions:
  • What new trophies would you like to see on Pokécharms? Feel free to use your imagination - these are only ideas for now!
  • Are there any trophies whose unlock levels you would tweak or add to? (For example, changing the number of forum posts needed to unlock a forum trophy; adding extra trophies to a set, etcetera)
  • The Like trophies are currently unnamed - what names would you give them? Feel free to just suggest names for one or two if you want :) The different levels are in a spoiler below.
I'll be watching this thread going forward, and some of the best ideas might get turned into real trophies! Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Also follower trophies, I feel like that would be something people want/like
I just want to point out that this one's not ever going to happen - getting trophies for followers/following people would turn the whole followers system into a popularity contest, which is absolutely not its intent. Sorry. ^^;

Last edited:
I can't think of any new trophies at the moment but for the likes trophies, how about something like, "People like me?!" or "Too many likes, not enough space!" or also, "I like likes"

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Aighty, got more ideas now that I can sit down at my computer and actually look through the site.

Since there's only one trophy under TCM, maybe add more trophies under that? 5, 10, and 15 trainer cards maybe, I guess.

Also, this one might be harder to implement since it'll likely have to be manually given, but how about a trophy if someone's assets are added to the TCM as well? ^^; (backgrounds, trainer sprites, etc.) Could be applied to other parts of the site as well.

Non-TCM related, how about posting your first status? I dunno if posting multiple statuses matter much but I feel like posting your first one should be rewarded somehow, or something, much like uploading your first work/making your first comment/etc. are.

Final suggestion, the gap from 3500 posts to over 9000 is ridiculously large. Maybe another milestone at 5000 posts?

-For adding new Trophies in pre-existing categories, I also agree that there should be another Trophy or two for Forum posts in between 3500 and 9000 posts. That gap is outrageously wide, and makes the distance feel almost insurmountable. Maybe some more Trophies for posting both art AND written work (like "The World Is My Canvas") to the Creative Corner would be good, with smaller numbers of required works for both. For the TCM, adding more Trophies for that sounds superb, although they shouldn't be worth a significant quantity, since those Trophies could be abused very easily. In addition, might I suggest adding another 5-point Trophy for creating a signature, as well as one for setting your favorite Pokemon and Pokemon move? Finally, some more 'Charms anniversary and/or birthday Trophies would be nice.

-For Profile Posts, a Trophy for posting your first status sounds good, with maybe more Trophies for increasing amounts of status updates as an option. Also, there could be Trophies for simply posting in others' profiles and/or commenting on their status updates.

-Maybe some Trophies for creating a certain amount of posts in some of the Forum Boards (Pokemon Chat, Small Talk, et cetera) would work? However, it would only be some of the Boards, probably the more populated ones that provide more general discussion. Trophies for creating threads also sounds excellent.

-How about Trophies for participating in contests, competitions, and tournaments on this site? It could be general Trophies more choosing to take part in a certain amount of Creative Corner challenges, Pokemon battling tournaments, and/or other miscellaneous competitions.

-Having some Trophies that only provide hints as to what must be done to earn them. This would be for random, miscellaneous things, like checking out specific pages or using certain features. This would be a more challenging way to have fun finding a bunch of small, random Trophies for little bits of points for each one, while trying out all that the site has to offer.

-As for names for the "Likes" Trophies. here's a couple I can come with right away, will share more later if I come up with any:

Feeling the Love
OMG, I'm So Popular and Stuff
Yay, People Acknowledge My Existence! (Or something along those lines, for the Ten Likes Trophy)

These are just my thoughts and suggestions so far. What do you guys think?

Thomas Runner

Formerly Wolf Spirit
May i suggest making a trophy:
  • Changing your avatar 5, 25, 75, 100, 150 times
  • Getting comments on your art
  • Making a signature (really long, really short, and medium lengths)
  • Getting a trophy, for getting trophies

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
-How about Trophies for participating in contests, competitions, and tournaments on this site? It could be general Trophies more choosing to take part in a certain amount of Creative Corner challenges, Pokemon battling tournaments, and/or other miscellaneous competitions.

-Having some Trophies that only provide hints as to what must be done to earn them. This would be for random, miscellaneous things, like checking out specific pages or using certain features. This would be a more challenging way to have fun finding a bunch of small, random Trophies for little bits of points for each one, while trying out all that the site has to offer.
Just wanted to say, really liking these two ideas, especially the vague hints ones. They seem like a sort of fun treasure-hunting thing! ♥

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I can't think of any new ones at the moment, but I do have ideas for the Like names.

Ten Likes: "Senpai Noticed Me!"
Twenty Five Likes: "I Can Has Friends?"
Fifty Likes: "Must Be Doing Something Right"
One Hundred Likes: "Lovable Rogue"
Two Hundred and Fifty Likes: "Popularity Contest Winner"
Five Hundred Likes: "Fortune 500"
One Thousand Likes: "Academy Award"
Two Thousand Likes: "Respected Citizen"

There should be a trophy called, The Social Butterfree from following 2,000 users. Maybe one called, The Trainer Card Maker of the World when you reach 15 trainer cards.

Last edited:

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
Well, I just went through some ideas in my head, and I'll probably edit this post sooner or later so I can post new ideas~
These are for shop owners, in the request section, I guess.
10-points-I am a owner- Make a shop in the requests section.
5-points- Hotshot- you're shop request thread is over 2 pages long.

I was also thinking something for people that are moderated/ or sow thing considered to be on paroll.
Good Job!-10 points- You've been good for an entire year, with no admin warnings (or something like that)

These are just little thoughts that I'm going to edit later, but I'd like to see how you all would think about this~

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Is there a way to track how long someone's been online? Maybe award a trophy for that? 8D (sadly, this does not promote a particularly healthy lifestyle if people try to stay on for hours at a time just to get a trophy).

Trophies for having works get x number of likes? Like, having a work get 1 like, 5 likes, 10 likes, etc? Or having 5 works get at least 10 likes, etc. It promotes posting higher-quality content I guess ^^;

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Is there a way to track how long someone's been online? Maybe award a trophy for that? 8D (sadly, this does not promote a particularly healthy lifestyle if people try to stay on for hours at a time just to get a trophy).
Sadly that one's not technically possible :( The system more or less guesses whether a user is online based on how they navigate pages, tying it to a trophy would be inaccurate.

As for the other ideas in this thread, there are a lot of amazing ones! I've definitely got plans to put a few in ^^

Ravyne Nevermore

Formerly Hunter the Pikachutwo
Trophies based on amounts of followers.
You can choose the amounts and points if you want.
5 followers: 10 points
10 followers: 25 points
25 followers: 50 points
50 followers: 75 points
100 followers: 100 points
250 followers: 150 points
500 followers: 250 points
1000 followers: 500 points

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Trophies based on amounts of followers.
You can choose the amounts and points if you want.
5 followers: 10 points
10 followers: 25 points
25 followers: 50 points
50 followers: 75 points
100 followers: 100 points
250 followers: 150 points
500 followers: 250 points
1000 followers: 500 points
Please see my earlier post re: follow trophies. Basically, I can't do them. Sorry. :)

Hmmm....I wasn't aware that I had encountered a shiny Drifloon either. What is the likelihood of that occurring?

But anyway, that was a cool Trophy to implement, and I hope there's more Trophies like that in the future! :D

How about a trophy for threads?

Like, if your thread gets 10, 20, 30etc. posts/replies/whateveryoucallthem I can't think right now, you get a certain trophy?
Orr, if you have 10,20,30 etc. posts on your profile? ( by other people ofc)

Oh, and I just noticed that there isn't a trophy for 200 messages, but for 222? I'm not suggesting on having a trophy for 200 messages, 222 is really close to it, I'm just wondering why 222?
And ( probably isn't for asking here, but okay) why aren't the messages on the Playground( The Person below me, memeocalypse etc.) counted as messages on other forums (why don't those messages count)? Just wondering....

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Oh, and I just noticed that there isn't a trophy for 200 messages, but for 222? I'm not suggesting on having a trophy for 200 messages, 222 is really close to it, I'm just wondering why 222?
It's an inside joke in the (old) community; ex-admin @Sem seemed to have the number 222 follow him everywhere, which is why the 222 trophy is called "Cry, Sem, Cry".