• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sun/Moon Starters, Region, Boxarts and Release Date confirmed

Welp, I'm excited for this game. I've been wanting a truly tropical game every since Hoenn and here we are. My heart wants to go with Moon, but I'm changing it up and getting Sun. I'm leaning towards Rowlet as my starter. I'm not huge on any of the designs for the starters, but owl is kinda cute.

As petty as it is, I'm so happy to see the return of trainer customization. I legit went back to X after finishing AS (despite Hoenn's beauty) because I missed being able to customize my trainer. I'm loving the greater skin color range for sure.

Already pre orderd my copy of pokemon moon and my girl is getting sun...im getting popplio and she wants rowlet...were both going to the midnight release at gamestop and were both crazy excited:)

The idea of the new rival is not bad.
But the game might well have multiple rivals as well as in Pokémon XY
maxresdefault.jpg

The idea of the new rival is not bad.
But the game might well have multiple rivals as well as in Pokémon XY
maxresdefault.jpg
I just hope they do it the right way with several rivals; no one can lie, rivals have been getting steadily worse as the generations pass. Gold and Silver was the only game to have a real rival, with a backstory to why they're so willing to pursue their dream. Red, Blue and Green's rival was snotty and smug, so you really actually wanted to beat him. Brenden was sort of good as a rival, because if you chose the female character in RS or ORAS, Brenden would be your rival, and at the beginning he doesn't think much of you because you are a girl, but as the story progresses, he gives respect to you, and does not think you're not strong because you're a girl. Now, Gen 6's Shauna did a OK job of rival, but it still wasn't perfect. Gen 6's Serena really did want to beat you and become of the greatest trainers in the world, but Gen 6 never said why, that's why multiple rivals weren't liked so much, Trevor and Tierno had the same problem as Serena; not enough backstory.

Junichi Masuda: Well… Now I have to think of something that, you know, won’t be used by competitors! [laughs] But one thing that I wanted to put in that didn’t quite make it was a translating machine for Pokémon cries, to find out what they’re saying. So you have this machine, and when a Pokémon cries out something, text would appear telling you exactly what that Pokémon is saying.

Hironobu Yoshida: Really? I never knew!

Junichi Masuda: Yes, I really wanted to put that in, but then thinking about the amount of text that we would have to include, with now over 600 Pokémon, it would be a really big task. This could be something that might appear in future games, but it sadly didn’t make X and Y.

"I would like to keep the Mirage Islands and the flight across the entire region as we do with Latias / Latios in OR / AS. It would be nice if the customization of X / Y and Pokémon out of Poké Ball HG / SS returned, but these will be difficult as it were something unique and new Kalos Johto.
You almost certainly will have to customize the sun and moon pokemon. "

In the trailer you have to see the option to choose the color of the skin of the character, as well as XY.

"I think the functions that worked formerly as DexNav, fly with Latias, Poke Amie, etc. They will keep. Type the customization that back, right.
Anyway, I wanted an improvement on the part of IVs. Improved breeding, but still relies heavily on luck and I find a bag, especially if u want a Pokemon with X Hidden Power. If it is so legendary ... A minigame, or someone modifies them for X item.
And I really hope you have one more to explore the region, although I feel kind of hard "

Yes, I also doubt to withdraw what went right, but the flight gives me an impression of exclusivity. I hope to see you out of the OR / AS.

In my opinion, the IVs and Hidden Powers should stay as they are. One of the fun things in breed is the feeling of satisfaction when you finally get that perfect Pokémon after a lot of work across the country. If you leave this easier, the grace of hatching eggs go away.

"I hope they put a truly unheard of in the series ... for example choose game difficulty!"

In a way it would not be unprecedented because it was implanted a kind of difficulty system in Black 2 / White 2.

I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS GAME =D
I'm a big fan of Hawaii and tropical islands in general, so I haven't been this excited for a Pokémon game in a long time (and I've been around since Gen 1)

I don't know what starter I'll go with. I mean, I'll probably try all of them eventually but the first time really is special and that saddens me because I want them all ;__; I love Rowlet and his bowtie, I love Litten (Fire cat, come on), and Circus Sea Lion ? Hell yeah ! I'm really sad a lot of people hate on him, he's so precious. Actually the more people hate on him the more I want to discover Alola with him.

I guess I'll just make up my mind with the evolutions. I didn't want to do that, but I wasn't expecting the choice to be so hard xD So I guess I'll look it up to avoid what happened with Chespin (I must say I was feeling sad when he evolved, I didn't know what he would turn out to be). So I'll see :)But I'll definitely try something with each of them.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Rowlet- GRASS FLYING
Litten - FIRE GROUND
Popplio - WATER FIGHT
I've mentioned this elsewhere on the site, but the "evidence" used to create the video this was revealed in is sketchy at best. Basically, my understanding is that someone went URL fiddling on the Japanese Sun and Moon website, and found type images for not only Grass, Flying, Fire, and Water, but also Ground and Fighting. From that, the video conjectured that Litten and Popplio's final formes were [type]fire[/type]/[type]ground[/type] and [type]water[/type]/[type]fighting[/type], respectively. But there's no actual evidence to say the types are in that order, or indeed that they even correspond to the starters. It could just be unused assets that don't correspond to anything, or it could be for Pokémon yet to be revealed.

I've mentioned this elsewhere on the site, but the "evidence" used to create the video this was revealed in is sketchy at best. Basically, my understanding is that someone went URL fiddling on the Japanese Sun and Moon website, and found type images for not only Grass, Flying, Fire, and Water, but also Ground and Fighting. From that, the video conjectured that Litten and Popplio's final formes were [type]fire[/type]/[type]ground[/type] and [type]water[/type]/[type]fighting[/type], respectively. But there's no actual evidence to say the types are in that order, or indeed that they even correspond to the starters. It could just be unused assets that don't correspond to anything, or it could be for Pokémon yet to be revealed.

It is possible that it is because the list in order starts with grass and flying and move on to other types ..
Litten think the ground would be kind because it would have at the end 4x disadvantage against water, and how it is a cat cats hate water. He's not to be fighter because exists many fire types / fighter Emboar example, the Blaziken, the infernape, among others.

Rowlet: 4x ice, 2x stone, fire, flying, poison.
Popplio: 2x Psychic, Flying, electric plant fairy.
Litten: 4x Water

The only thing that is free is Popplio. lol

I'm getting this game when it comes out, and I think I'm going to get Litten as my starter Pokemon, it's the coolest looking out of all of them, in my opinion at least.

The starter I would DEFINITELY pick is Litten. I fell in LOVE with this fireball kitten at first sight! Its design reminds me of my domestic tiger cat Finn (Believe it or not, Finn is part Maine Coon because he likes playing with water. Cute, isn't it? :love:). Maybe I could name it after Finn for the fun of it! Here's his pic below.
image.jpeg
Isn't he a cutie? Maybe you can compare his picture with Litten's just for fun! Let me know if they are somewhat alike to you or not.