• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Tag Dueling Roleplay (Discussion)

(Actually I have already started the roleplay, but unfortunately nobody was interested, so I have decided on opening a discussion for it in order to also provide more information about the roleplay.)

https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-tag-dueling-competition.16063/

Very briefly, our story will be in the region Kinbrel. (Such a place never existed in the original story, yeah.) This region is a combination of 8 islands actually, each island having its unique features. (Details about the islands will be provided later.) Trainers all over the world were invited for a tag dueling competition in this region. Trainers who register to the competition will be randomly matched into the groups of two. Registrations will take place at the first island, but the competition will take place at the final island, and every team will need to fight against the master trainers in each island to win a medal. (There cab be more than one in each island, so don't worry.) Only the ones who collect 7 medals at the end (Within nine months) will be qualified for joining the real competition. Weird events will occur on the way, however, and things may build up in an unexpected way.

First of all I need to say that role players will not be fighting against each other necessarily. It may not get into the point you expect. Secondly, you don't need a roleplay partner necessarily for your team. You can create a NPC instead.

Rules:

1) Everyone may start with up to three pokemon, one of them being their main. Please note that none of your pokémon can be legendary pokémon or fully evolved pseudo legendary pokemon at the beginning, but your main can be on its stage 1. (Meaning that you can have a charmeleon, but not a charizard at the beginning for example. All your other pokemon should be basic pokemon.)

2) General rules used for roleplaying in this site will also apply here.

3) As this region doesn't exist in the original story, you are able to encounter many pokémon in this region, there are not any specific ones. (Of course, not the legendary ones.) And you can also create new pokémon following the rules provided in this site.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Appearence: (Well, the more detailed it is, the better we can visualize.)
Background: (This is optional. Very briefly, without giving spoilers, explain a little bit about your character's background)
Team: (Which pokémon do you have? Also provide any extra information you want to give about them.)
Tag Dueling Partner: (Who is your partner, basicly. If you don't have one and do not want to create a NPC, skip this part. We can think of something ^^)

(I will create mine later, by the way.)

Last edited:
Name: Robert M. Superb
Appearance: He looks like the basic Rich Kid from Pokemon Black and White, but with black hair.
Background: He comes from a rich family, and entered the competition to show how good he is.
Team: Lilipup (Fluffy) (Bite, Take Down, Tackle, and Giga Impact), Litleo (Sparky) (Flamethrower, Substitute, Noble Roar, and Work Up), and his main, Froufrou Dandy Trim (Sir Hat) (Headbutt, Bite, Wild Charge, and Roar)
Tag Dueling Partner: Alexis (At Random Chance)

Last edited:
Name: Lilith
Appearance: Looks a little like Red, but his jacket and hat are black instead of red. His eyes are also purple.
Background: Is an orphan and a loner. Entered the competition to strengthen the bond with his Pokemon.
Team: Deino (Havoc) (Dragon Rage, Crunch, Outrage, Roar), Nidoran ♂️ (Sinbad) (Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Shadow Claw, Thunderbolt) Main: Espeon (Lyn) (Psychic, Future Sight, Quick Attack, Morning Sun)
Tag Dueling Partner: Doesn't really have one.

Name: Alexis
Appearance:
7618ae7b29ebd9e56775e142a48e86f4.jpg

Image source: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjE46X92oPTAhVDxmMKHUOxAHkQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fexplore%2Fanime-girls%2F&psig=AFQjCNHoioOQGTk4Nk6GxUaUU4OXCIZICw&ust=1491151663344816 (Redirect Notice)
Background: She is the daughter of a large family of 6. Alexis is the 2nd youngest and joined this competition for fun. Alexis has a history of disappearances, by witch she loves just to go out on her own. Her dream is to become a ninja since she was a kid.
Team: tsareena (Raspberry), noivern (hunter), Aurorus (Ora)
Tag Dueling Partner: Robert M. Superb [got caught up randomly. (Just want to see robert get randomly mad when alexis disappears or doesn't care about his wealth.)]

Team Pokemon:
Name: raspberry
species: tsareena
appearance: Has an emerald scarf on.
moves: high jump kick, magic leaf, sweet scent, razor leaf
other: Its long, striking legs aren’t just for show but to be used to kick with skill. In victory, it shows off by kicking the defeated, laughing boisterously.

Name: hunter
species: noivern
appearance: has a green necklace over his neck.
moves: dragon pulse, bite, super sonic. fly
other: They fly around on moonless nights and attack careless prey. Nothing can beat them in a battle in the dark. The ultrasonic waves it emits from its ears can reduce a large boulder to pebbles.

Name: Ora
species: Aurorus
appearance: has a necklace with a emerald on it.
moves: blizzard, ice beam, rock throw, flash cannon
other: Using its diamond-shaped crystals, it can instantly create a wall of ice to block an opponent’s attack.

Last edited:
Welcome, and welcome. As we are 4 now I am officially starting the roleplay. Before starting if anyone want to match up as a team, they are more than welcome to do it ^^.

Name:Tatsui Arata
Team: Koma (Passimian) Moves:Reversal,Shadow Ball,U-Turn,Double-Edge(This Passimian isnt a normal-like Passimian,first of all he is a shiny pokemon,pretty resistant to other pokemons atacks,in other words the more damaged he is the stronger he gets.)
Shadow(Shedninja) Moves:Toxic,Double Team,Mind Reader,Quick Atack.
Disguise(Mimikyu) Moves:play Rough,Shadow Claw,CopyCat,Destiny Bond.(This Pokemon dont like to obey his owner so sometimes he may not obey Tatsui and do other thing that may be better for combat.)
Tag Dueling Partner:(I would like to have a plater for my parthner,I will glady accept someone that I think its around Tatsui`s level.

Appearance:Trainer card since admin dont let me put images .-.

Last edited:
Name:Daniel Grey
Appearence: (Well, the more detailed it is, the better we can visualize.) my profile picture, but has a part on the left side of his head
Background: (This is optional. Very briefly, without giving spoilers, explain a little bit about your character's background) He's professor Sycamore's Nephew. The rest is spoilers
Team: (Which pokémon do you have? Also provide any extra information you want to give about them.)

Frogider
Mareep
Tynamo
Tag Dueling Partner:

I guess everyone is waiting for me, right? It's weird that I haven't seen the notifications before. I realized that I haven't even made a character sheet despite I have already started the roleplay. But no worries, I will fix that in a few hours and post to the roleplay.

Notzuru and Asriel, Unfortunately I will not be able to accept you to the roleplay.

Name: Alec Cole
Appearence: He is of about average height, with black hair that has grown long enough to cover his ears and then some. His eyes are a light blue and he usually wears a short-sleeved, white shirt and black pants, often with an unmarked black hoodie. His outfit is fairly fitting to allow ease of movement while in the air, as he has a preference for flying-type Pokemon. On his right arm, he wears a tight leather falconry glove, to help protect his arm when training with his bird Pokémon.
Background: He lived with his sister, who was a successful Pokémon trainer, for most of his life and left at age twelve to remove himself from her shadow. As a result, he has a bit of an inferiority complex.
Team: Skarmory (Kali)
Starly (Kaspar)
Hoothoot (Nyx)
Tag Dueling Partner: Aon (@Aon)

Name: Aon Cimble
Appearence: He has straight black hair. He is shorter than avarage, slim and mostly prefers wearing black. Underneath his open collar shirt, onto his neck, a litte rune-shaped tattoo can be observed. He prefers wearing his red jacket at winters, which has white lines throughout its arms. Summers are a completely different story, on the other hand. If it is really hot, you can see him walking half naked into a forest.
Background: Aon is the only child of Cimble family. Both his mother and father are interested in training pokemon, but his father is especially interested in water type pokemon.
Team: Absol, Dragalge, Bagon
Tag Dueling Partner: DragonFlye

All right, once DragonFlye posts, I will post too. Only person who left without a partner is ShadowZoroark. You guys can match with Asriel, if you want to.

Asriel, I had a look at your previous posts and realized that I was stereotypical by not accepting you. You looked like a one liner at first, to be honest, but I apologize for that. So if you still want to join the roleplay, you are more than welcome to join.

I have a quick question (I don't see an answer in the previous posts yet). Around what level should the Pokémon be? I know most of them should be basic evolution, but I'm not quite clear on level yet.

Up to 15 should work, but main pokémon can be a little stronger than that. I don't want to give an exact number though, but the ideal is to improve throughout the roleplay.