• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sun/Moon Singles Team Rating Wanted!

I've entered and won many competitive tournaments with my teams. (While usually just school tournaments where their teams are filled with Mewtwo and my Gengar can beat them in his sleep, but I digress.) And I would like some rating and advice on my team.

Kommo-o
Ability: Soundproof
Item: Red Card
Nature: Serious
Characteristic: Capable of Taking Hits
Moves:
Sky Uppercut
Clanging Scales
X-Scissor
Earthquake

Lycanroc
Ability: Keen Eye
Item: Rockium Z
Nature: Serious
Characteristic: Nods off a lot
Moves:
Rock Climb
Rock Slide
Crunch
Stone Edge

Incineroar
Ability: Blaze
Item: Incinium Z
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Often lost in thought
Moves:
Darkest Lariat
Overheat
Flamethrower
Lick

Snorlax
Ability: Thick Fat
Item: Snorlium Z
Nature: Bashful
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Moves:
Giga Impact
High Horsepower
Brick Break
Lick

Greninja
Ability: Battle Bond
Item: Mystic Water
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Moves:
Water Shuriken
Aerial Ace
Grass Knot
Night Slash

Alolan Muk
Ability: Gluttony
Item: Poison Barb
Nature: Rash
Characteristic: Capable of Taking Hits
Moves:
Gunk Shot
Infestation
Brick Break
Dark Pulse

Any thoughts?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I question the quality of your competition, because your natures, hold items and movesets are all bad. Sticking random moves of different types on a Pokemon =/= good moveset, and Incineroar and Lycanroc both stand out as being especially bad.

My first advice would be to read the sticky topics at the top of the Doctor's Clinic board (all of them have "Competitive Battling Guide" on them, you can't miss them.) While they haven't been updated to Sun/Moon as of yet, the general principles are 95% the same, and any Gen VII-specific details I can elaborate on further after.

Once you've read those and understood where these sets are going wrong, then I'll be in a better position to deal with specifics.

Just as a note: You can only use one Z-move per battle. Not a Z-move per Pokemon per battle, but just one Z-move, one time at all, during battle. So you probably don't really need to be running that many Z-crystals. So basically Z-moves are the new Mega Evolution and just one is fine.

(inb4'd by KoL!)
And to just kind of go along with KoL here: your build seems like it came just straight out of ingame, which is fine ingame - but actual competitive is a whole different beast and pretty much everything you've got there will just kind of go poof. Also, 4/6 of your team are weak to Fighting with no way to actually defend against that, which is a very scary prospect.