• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Team Rocket Make Their Return In Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
POkemon Rainbow rocket.jpg
A brand new trailer has been released for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon today reveals that Kanto evildoers, Team Rocket have set their sights on Alola!

Having undergone a name change to 'Team Rainbow Rocket' and recruited team members from many other evil teams from over the years, like Team Galactic and Team Plasma, it looks like Alola is facing an evil like never before.

The new trailer also reveals the existence of a new battle facility, known as the Battle Agency. Here trainers will be able to rent Pokémon and take part in 3v3 Single Battles against strong opponents. If that wasn't enough, it has also been revealed that players will now be able to find Totem Stickers in areas around Alola. Collect enough of them and you'll be able to exchange them for Totem Pokémon of your very own.

The trailer also gives a run-down of the legendary Pokémon we can encounter through the Ultra Wormholes (some of which are version exclusive), so if you're eager to learn more about that aspect then definitely watch the video above.

Pokémon Ultra Sun
and Pokémon Ultra Moon are due for release worldwide on the 17th of November, but the official Japanese site says more news is coming for the games on the 10th, so looks like we'll have at least one more trailer to go before now and launch!

Last edited:

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Interesting Things to note:

• Maxie and Archie are wearing their Ruby and Saphire gear, NOT their ORAS gear
  • Ghetsis is wearing his Black and White gear
  • In the Japanese trailer, there's some footage of an angry Togemaru before showing us footage of some of the regular totem pokemon, meaning Togemaru might be a totem pokemon
  • It appears in the poster as if Guzma is going to be helping the player for the Rainbow Rocket quest as he is standing near them, as does Sophicles and a few iconic pokemon-possibly Lille judging by the Alolan-Ninetales?
  • Faba is depicted on the side with the evil team leaders in the poster-this means he will probably be leading the 'evil' part of the aether foundation this time and not Lusamine, so Lusamine is going to be good/good-er.
  • With about 4 of the legendaries, you fight them in the locations they came from. This was confirmed in the Japanese trailer
  • The lengendaries are split up between the games.
  • Giovanni has a Mewtwo
  • Inside of the Rainbow Rocket Base, the rooms are red with teleporters like in some of their earlier bases and there are giant Meowth statues. They will probably work how the Persian statues did in the rocket hideout in the Johto games.

The only thing I’m not excited about would have to be the Totem stamps. At first, I thought they were going to be equip items that make any pokémon Totem sized, but instead they’re just trade offs to use specific Totem Pokémon? I’m also not that crazy about the Battle Agency because the Battle Factory was always my least favorite facility.

However, everything else is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!! They’re literally going all out to make this the ultimate Pokémon game

Woah woah woah woah woah woah what the frick? Okay, out of all of the things they could have pulled here, Team Rocket assembling the game's prior villains and making a return was probably the last thing I would have expected. Judging by some of the outfits the leader's are wearing and just a vague hunch I have, this feels like postgame content featuring Ultraspace. I'll be very curious to see what they've done either way.

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
This looks like.... umm... The end of the Pokémon series here. Sort of?
To paraphrase Lockstein from Lokstin and Gnoggin "They would be the last game in the series at least until a software reboot" He was originally talking about the games Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon but now it applies to Pokemon Ultra sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
ALL the villains!? And they wear their original outfits no less! I'm going to run on the assumption this will be similar to the World Tournament in B2W2 where the Gym Leaders were brought in unaged from their previous appearances. It's still a really cool concept to have Rainbow Team Rocket formed by all of the previous teams.

And all the Legendaries as well too! This is turning out to be a massive fanservice game. I wouldn't be surprised if we got all of the Mythicals via events or QR codes to complete the collection. I'm actually disappointed that Magearna was the only QR event we got.

Speaking of QR codes, including the Starters gotten in S&M, USUM makes it so the only set of Starters unobtainable is... Sinnoh. Sinnoh remakes confirmed! *shot* Idon't have an opinion on Totem Emblems yet so I'll just have to try it out when I get the games. I do like the Battle Agency though. It's a nice change of pace from the usual nonsense we've gotten the last three Generations. I'd like it if they brought back gimmicky battles as found in the Battle Frontiers of old.

I feel really sorry for you. Maybe try and persuade her. Either way, I hope you can get it soon(er)
Ask for the game for Christmas, Hanukkah, New Years, or whatever else you celebrate! That'll be the perfect way to get it sooner! I'm getting it ASAP, but my mom got it for me as a super-early Hanukkah gift! I'm getting Miitopia as a New Years gift (it's a Russian tradition :) )

I feel really sorry for you. Maybe try and persuade her. Either way, I hope you can get it soon(er)

Ask for the game for Christmas, Hanukkah, New Years, or whatever else you celebrate! That'll be the perfect way to get it sooner! I'm getting it ASAP, but my mom got it for me as a super-early Hanukkah gift! I'm getting Miitopia as a New Years gift (it's a Russian tradition :) )

Thx guys

Interesting Things to note:

• Maxie and Archie are wearing their Ruby and Saphire gear, NOT their ORAS gear
  • Ghetsis is wearing his Black and White gear
  • In the Japanese trailer, there's some footage of an angry Togemaru before showing us footage of some of the regular totem pokemon, meaning Togemaru might be a totem pokemon
  • It appears in the poster as if Guzma is going to be helping the player for the Rainbow Rocket quest as he is standing near them, as does Sophicles and a few iconic pokemon-possibly Lille judging by the Alolan-Ninetales?
  • Faba is depicted on the side with the evil team leaders in the poster-this means he will probably be leading the 'evil' part of the aether foundation this time and not Lusamine, so Lusamine is going to be good/good-er.
  • With about 4 of the legendaries, you fight them in the locations they came from. This was confirmed in the Japanese trailer
  • The lengendaries are split up between the games.
  • Giovanni has a Mewtwo
  • Inside of the Rainbow Rocket Base, the rooms are red with teleporters like in some of their earlier bases and there are giant Meowth statues. They will probably work how the Persian statues did in the rocket hideout in the Johto games.
Shut up and take my money Pokémon Co!

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
I'm suprised there's actually a large amount of people NOT getting this game, yet they got Sun and Moon. Think people! The games are going to be twice as long, story wise!

I already preordered it so that I could get Dusk Form Lycanroc, as well as get an early start on it. Unfortunately, the day after this comes out (which is Sun and Moon's one-year anniversary, by the way), I have to go to an event. It's a fun event, so it's not exactly unfortunate, but that means that if I get the game at that time, which likely won't happen, then I won't have a chance to play it because I'll be in Chicago, going to a Christkindlmarkt event, which is basically something my German class does. It's a Christmas event, but it's a German festival. I think it'll be really fun. It's going to be my first time going and I can hardly wait! :D