• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Battle for the Blade (private rp, must sign up)

It was raining.

The mysterious man walked through it without getting wet, not a single drop touched his cloak that covered his whole body. The rain seemingly floated around his whole entire body as he walked through the Sakura Forest of Zalos in Sheol. He came to a clearing of flowers, beautiful flowers of all sorts that blended into a rainbow of melodies.

The man sneered as he gazed upon the tomb of Zachary Odin Socrates Ira. The pyre flame that burns through anything was steaming at top of the tomb. It was made out of dark granite with flames and lightning etched into it. Sitting at the top of the staircase of the tomb, before the door, was Gunnlogi in a pedestal. He walked up the staircase, slowly, mechanically. Grasping the hilt of the blade, he pulled it out with little to no effort. It was a good blade, nice and balanced.

The man laughed violently as he placed Gunnlogi into a scabbard he conjured up from nowhere's. He then placed it inside his cloak and as he did that, he pulled out envelopes and threw them into the air. They vanished in a giant puff of smoke. The man smirked and began to walk down the steps as the rain continued to avoid his whole being. His plan was coming to plan.

~

Abel Silvio walked amongst the ruins of the ghost town as the night was young. The full moon gave enough light to make Abel's brown hair look darker then it was. It illuminated his tunic and baggy leggings as his boots clanked against the cobblestones. His scarf flowed gently in the cold winter breeze as Abel held the invite that he received randomly when he was traveling. Snow was falling gently as Abel's cheeks were rosy red.

“Battle for Gunnlogi...” Abel mused out loud as he stopped at the rusted fountain square in the middle of the town. Gunnlogi was Zachary's cherished sword. If someone was going to inherit it, it should be either his children or Abel himself. Abel couldn't possibly take the sword himself but he would win the fight and take it back to where it belonged. If someone was holding a free-for-all brawl for his sword, who knows who would turn up. Sword hunters? Old enemies?

Abel couldn't take the risk, he had to win at any cost. He owed Zachary everything, he was the one who first acknowledge him as a human being, not a monster. For that, Abel will finally pay back the debt he owed him.

“Alright, come on out.” Abel said loudly, he adjusted his footing and shifted, looking around his surroundings for the other combatants. “I know someone is here, I can smell maybe four or five people.”

Atma

Formerly Karu
With a smile as the man he had met only once prior to this day called out, the elemental took single step from the shadows of awning alongside stray house with no soul in sight. As the moon shone to illuminate his garb and dimly glance upon black and red leathers, shining against silver gilding and buttons of fastened, blue eyes pierced upon the smile as smooth constructed voice spoke out. "Hello, Abel. I'm not halfway shocked you received one of these letters as well." In reference the not-quite-man pulled the white parchment from pocket and held it aloft, the paper rustling softly in the winter air.

Setting it back inside the elemental stepped down from the planks and breathed in the bracing cold, a scent of nothing more than frozen dust on the air with a kiss of frost at his skin betraying the nature that lay beneath. As pace carried him across pale digits were extended in greeting of a handshake, "My condolences on the death of this man. As I understand it another rendition of myself was quite familiar with him but alas this body and mind are not." The small smile persisted, some earnest sympathy for a man who did indeed seem to have touched the lives of many others.

[I will edit in Karu's reception of the invitation at a later point. As it is essentially fluff I figured it was fine to leave it from the initial post for now.]

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
The shadow of another figure, this one much smaller than the other two, floated down from one of the roofs of the many houses in the area. The figure gracefully landed, and its light blue hood swept off its head, revealing what appeared to be a young girl not quite in her teens yet. She smiled at the elemental and gave a small little curtsy towards the other person, her pigtails bouncing slightly and her violet eyes shining brightly from excitement. Small particles of snow also began to descend around her, sparkling as the moonlight hit them at various angles.

“Like I’m not surprised to see you here as well, Brother~” she said, the lilt in her voice further showing her barely-contained enthusiasm at the whole ordeal. “Though I’m not sure who this is. Nice to meet you; Lyni at your service, though you can just call me the winner when this is all done and over with.” She took out her own invitation from her jacket pocket, waving it around in an almost annoyed manner. “And I hope you guys and all the others that I can feel around us can make this fight fun! Stupid thing smacked me in the face when I was napping, ugh.”

Abel turned his head and looked at Karu with a weird look. He received an invite? Who knows who else received one. He took Karu's hand and shook it tightly in a friendly manner. “Thank you, it means a lot.”

Abel crouched down and scooped up some snow in his hands. The ice crystals slowly burning his hand in a paradox manner as it reminded him of a distant memory of Zachary. He gave a sad smile at a memory of him and Zachary throwing snowballs at each other. Abel sighed and dropped the snow while standing up at the same time, no time to reminisce. He smelled a new person approaching and looked up, seeing a young girl floating downwards towards him and Karu. She introduced herself as Lyni, sister of Karu? Abel didn't register the fact that Karu might have siblings. It irked Abel that she proclaimed herself the winner of the battle so quickly, Abel didn't like cocky people.

“I'm Abel Silvio.” He said curtly as he extended a friendly handshake towards the newcomer. “Your perfume is pretty strong, Lyni. I can smell it from a mile away.” He joked.

The Grand humming sound of a medium-class Redoran airship was truly an ear-opener. The sound of any airship would normally signal something dreadful like war, martial interference or worse. However, the sound was becoming something of a norm to the people of Zalos. One of the 4 Blades of Quadras, Alistair Aurelio looked out onto delicate spreads of natural pink sakura blossom, as he took his personal airship down to land on a cliff a short walk away from a very important man’s grave.

Zachary Odin Socrates Ira. When Alistair still met him, still completely unaware of his own fate, the man fought him on the shoreline, breaking his ego in two. It was from that day forward that Alistair had made an intense rival and an irreplaceable ally.

Now, years later, Alistair walks with sorrowful steps towards his old friend’s grave. The man who gave his life so that the Geokinetic may carry on fighting lay in rest. Those final moments were still embedded in his mind, especially those important words.

Live On.

As Alistair carried a beautiful bouquet of azure blue flowers that only grew on the plains of Terra, he shook off the sorrows holding down his heart and brought his mind back to the fun times they’d had together. Crouching down to the grave, he placed his flowers before noticing something was very off. Gunnlogi was missing. The blade that Alistair took as a last visual memory of the warrior to rest with him had been taken. Alistair looked around in panic, before noticing a small envelope on the floor.

“An invitation?”

---

“Yeah I’m here,”

Alistair looked down on the group from his perch on a rooftop, a hint of happiness in seeing friends, and sternness on his face. Normally he’d be a lot more upbeat seeing allies, but in a situation like this, there wasn't much time for jokes.

Alistair’s blade, Foresharn, reflected the powerful gleam of the moon as he jumped down, landing next to a rotting bench next to the rusted fountain, which he leaned slightly on.

“But I need to make myself clear. I am not fighting for ownership of Zachary’s sword. I’m here to take it back to where it truly belongs.”

Alistair looked to the three of them with a rock solid stare, inquiring towards their goals.

“What do you all want with Gunnlogi, then?

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
"Are you sure? When did he croak? That recently, huh? Surprising...I recall having a run-in with the man some time ago, or at least, I remember passing him by at least once...would've thought he would've bought it much longer ago...or much later...but that's neither here nor there...I only wanted confirmation over this because I've just acquired something of a...parcel of special note, and I believe it'd be for the best if we capitalized on this event if it's legitimate...I don't know the full details right now, but I can tell you this, that sword of his is up for grabs...Yes, of course that one!...Yes, I figured that would be your response. I suppose that means you have no objections in my participation in this little event?...Good. My train leaves in a few hours, get a security force up here to watch the place while I'm gone, alright? Oh...and while you're at it, get a cleaning crew as well...Don't ask, I'm still trying to sort it out myself...Just get to it, alright, thanks..."

With that, the man on the vintage Victorian telephone hung up, staring at the invitation that rested on his desk. Why on Earth was he given such an invite if he had never actually had a true interaction with this deceased man in the first place? Did the powers that be just know that he desired such prized and valued objects such as Gunnlogi? Did they know he often spent hours just researching such legendary figures like Zachary had proven himself to be? Surely, just having him spot him one day couldn't have been the only reason to have him join a contest of this magnitude...Of course, that was all rather unimportant in contrast to the fact that this could be his one and only chance to get his hands on such a brilliant weapon, a piece of history, legend even, and display it to the masses, informing them of its amazingly influential wielder and his place in history for years to come. He was convinced now...he had to win that sword. The preservation of time itself demanded it! His motivation piqued, the man rushed to pack his things, all the while making sure his...most important item...was still carefully tucked into his shirt pocket, the subtle, red glow emanating from underneath the fabric letting him know it was still there. No way could he even hope to win without that little trinket in hand...

---

As the voice called out, the man emerged from his own shadowy location, stepping into the light. He wore a light red button-up and charcoal slacks held up by matching suspenders, all underneath an unbuttoned beige trench-coat. His black leather shoes made a soft crunching noise as he stepped on the frosted grass beneath him, and as he took notice of the others around him, he gave an aggravated frown at the sight of the familiar young girl, standing there all smug-like, almost exactly like she had looked when she so rudely broke into his museum to hand him his invitation.

"I probably should've guessed I'd have the misfortune to meet you again, Miss, since you made mention of having the same invitation...It's no more a displeasure all the same." He grumbled toward her before turning his attention over to the others with a somewhat forced grin.

"A pleasant evening to the rest of you. My name's Clarence Atwell. This is quite the fascinating turnout here." He said as he introduced himself with a tip of his grey golf cap.

"As for what I want the Gunnlogi for, well, primarily, to keep on display in my museum as a permanent exhibit. Such a legendary weapon deserves to be seen and adored by the public, and I intend to give them that privilege"

The sounds of a galloping horse grow louder as a young man appears on his animal of transportation, a mare named Frey.

"Hello, everyone," He says as a cocky grin enters his face, "I have come to claim my sword!" His horse makes a whinny in approval.

The man scans the group of people.

"I know..." He laughs. "None of you! Fantastic! I suppose each of you received your invitation for a reason? Care to tell me why?
"... No, I suppose you wouldn't."

He catches sight of Lyni and scoffs, "Oh? A little girl? Fascinating..."

Talia placed down her cup and leaned back, taking in the scenery of the gardens before her. Each garden was meticulously cared for and grown with the utmost delicacy, and Talia reveled in her work. The sun shone brightly, but not nearly as hot as it seemed, allowing her to bask in the day and let time pass for the girl. After a few moments, her hand went to the small white cup once more, sipping tea from this morning's leaves. Everything grew in the gardens, be it tomato, potato, or something more exotic, such as rafflesia, although Talia made sure those were planted away from the nearby house. Talia leaned back once more and sighed, allowing herself to relax. This respite was not meant to last, however, for Talia was rustled awake by something pushing against her hand.

"Hm? Oh, Tannie, what is it? Is this for me?" Talia reached out and took an envelope from the creature's mouth. "No addresses on either end. Odd." She carefully pried open the letter, taking care not to unnecessarily rip it. Upon succeeding, her eyes scanned its contents. As she did, her slight frown slowly turned upwards, until she was grinning. "My, my, my," She said. Talia's eyes flashed a dangerous green before leaping up from her seat. "Now this sounds exciting. It might have been meant for Ethan, but..." The beast besides her growled, and Talia nodded in response. "Yeah, he's busy. And I believe we're done for the day, so..." Talia glanced around the area, making sure no other people were around. "Yeah, what he doesn't know doesn't hurt him. Let's go, Tannie!" With that declaration, Talia hopped upon the creature, who bounded away from the gardens at great speed.

---

It had taken a lot longer than they had expected to reach their destination. Talia soon realized they had no idea how to reach Sheol in the first place. After some help from some passing travelers, though, the pair of human and beast were on the right track, and soon burst into the cherry pink clearing. It was already night, but that had not swayed the pair. Talia ran a hand behind her companion's ear, eliciting a purr in response. Tannie was rather large to be a regular old house cat, as was proven by being big enough to be ridden by a fully grown woman. Being green was also a distinct giveaway, although Talia never paid any mind to such an odd coloring. She swung her legs to one side of Tannie, who adopted an idle position, and kept her hand on her holster, in case any immediate hostilities occurred. Fortunately, Talia was proved otherwise as she caught one of the other's questions.

"When it comes to a blade with that sort of name, think of all the things you can do with it! Why, I bet it's superbly sharp! I could cut food so thinly that it would taste absolutely wonderful! Oh, and maybe Ethan might like it too." Tannie barked in reply, as if to affirm her statement. Talia brushed her verdant hair out of her eyes, and fiddled with the yellow flower that adorned the side of her head. "But I didn't think there would be so many people! How unfortunate."

The young man, who appears to be in his teenage years, spins himself around.

"Another person? Is that all? It's starting to get a little more crowded than I expected..." He curses to himself. "How many people reviews these invitations? This is more than I was promised." He takes off his gloves and cracks his knuckles loudly, disgustingly. He then proceeds to dismoint his stead and resumes stroking her precious mane.

More people showed up, he recognized only one of them, Alistair. He turned away from Karu and walked towards Alistair, a serious look on his face.

“I'm here to return his blade to his family,” Abel said with vigor, he flexed his hands and looked Alistair in the eye, “we might have to team up on this one, friend.”

Abel then turned to everyone and said; “THIS BATTLE WILL ONLY END WITH ONE PERSON WINNING AND THAT WILL BE ME!”

Abel threw his arms into the air, a dark orange light surrounding them that lit up the area in it's ambiance. He threw his arms back to his sides as the light died down, revealing that two long swords were protruding out of his fore arms. A look of determination was carved onto his face as he said, “Let's get dangerous!”

(let's go, bitches)

Talia snorted at the sudden declaration, finding everyone's confidence to be quite amusing. Besides, while they each were fighting for their own cause, Talia had two on her side: herself and Tannie. Statistically, in her eyes, she had the best chance of winning. She reassured herself by stroking Tannie's back, feeling the surprisingly rough fur before leaning in and whispering in her companion's ear. The creature barked in response, affirming what Talia had told it. The woman grinned and unsheathed a thin rapier, and dramatically pointed it towards the other girl within the vicinity.

"Now, have at it, my darling!" Talia exclaimed, and with a snarl, Tannie leapt forwards, careening towards Lyni at breakneck speeds, aiming to slash at her with giant claws. "Now, then," Talia continued, turning towards another combatant. "Let's dance!" Talia lunged towards Alistair with precision and grace, aiming towards the center of his chest. Talia was quite excited. Quite excited, indeed.

"Shoot, nobody wants me dead?" The man says with disapproval. "Now's a good time as any to introduce myself." He repositions Frey. "I am Selim Andhyr," he declares, "and this blade belongs to me!... No... It belongs to Frey as well, my... My horse." He removed his long, thin claymore and raises it to the sky, summoning some flashy lightning to strike it.

He faces Clarence and aims his blade at his neck.

"I shall aid you in joining the Gods in the heavens."

Frey charges at Clarence with massive speed. Selim's blade still pointed at his neck. The young Selim flips his hair to the side for style. His heart races.

This will be fun.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Lyni shook Abel's hand as she looked at the other people revealing themselves. She only recognized two other faces: good old Alistair, who seemed to be much more serious than usual, and the museum owner person who introduced himself as Clarence Atwell. The others, a teen on a horse and a lady on a large, green cat, were unfamiliar to her, though it seemed as if everyone had some personal reason or another to have the sword. This was only further proven when she overheard Abel talking to Alistair about teaming up. So that's how they were going to play it, huh?

"Fine, if that's how it is, I guess I'll give the sword to Brother when I win~ I really have no use for it, anyways," she said, though she was quickly interrupted by a large, feline creature suddenly charging at her. The girl quickly flew away on her cloud, making the snow around her fly into the air chaotically to blind the creature. "When we're done, Miss, can I have a ride on your cat? He's so adorable!" she exclaimed ecstatically as the rest of the snow in the field also began to blow about.

Mr.RMA

"You're all quite a pretentious bunch, aren't you? All this nonsense over how you're going to win when no one's even drawn first blood yet." Clarence scoffed, watching as a few of them seemed to not only be acquainted with one another, but they also appeared to be forming little alliances of sorts.

'Oh, fantastic...' the curator thought to himself with irritation. 'As if this wasn't going to be difficult in itself, I'll have to deal with these little team-ups as well.' He didn't have much time to lament in his lack of partners in the coming fight however, as the sight of his opponents all arming themselves and getting in their own respective combat positions informed him that the match was about to begin. As he reached into his shirt pocket, pulling out a glowing red, rectangular object, he noticed one of the more loudmouthed combatants, a horseman who called himself Selim, setting his sights on him after letting a bolt of lightning strike his sword. As the boy's horse charged after him, he chuckled a bit.

"An impressive display there with your blade, but I'm afraid you'll need more than a horse and a light show to come out of this as the victor." He said as he slapped the strange object in his grasp onto the back of his right hand, the object forming around his hand into the shape of brass knuckles, letting out a bright crimson glow as a feint red aura completely enveloped Clarence. As Selim's blade drew near, he put both his hands out in front of him, one over the other, proceeding to launch a large fireball from each hand, one aimed at the horse, the other at its rider.

Selim fully understood the gravity of the situation, his eyes widened when he realized his opponent's filthy plan. It is very effective to remove a cavalier from his stead, but looked down upon for killing the beast. Especially one as precious as his.

"No!" Selim quickly redirectioned Frey, the bolt completely missing him. The second bolt skimmed his stead, lightly burning her body. Frey let out a pained whinny.

"I will fight on my feet if you do not harm her." He lifted a leg over her and leaped off. Frey gave him a worried nudge as Selim pet her mane.

Alistair looked to Abel with an understanding nod.

"That seems reasonable enough. If you happen to fall, I will make sure to return the sword upon my victory. Now then! Let us see where your unnecessary pride and lack of concern shall take you all!"

Their pact had been made, and the battle commenced for the Geokinetic. The snapping sound of the poppers on Alistair's holster were the last few gentle sounds before combat, before he grabbed the handle of his Sealed Blade, Foresharn, with a deft, skillful hand. As he brought the sword over his head, he spun Foresharn up incredibly high into the air. A bold humming sound reverberated throughout Alistair's core as an enigmatic blue energy erupted out of his clenched hands and wrists with an echoing boom, sparking out like sparkling azure flames. In a few second, the flame - like energy covered him before dying down, and forming a slight glow around his body.

Preparing himself for combat, Alistair locked eyes with the green-haired-maiden by the name of Talia, as she took the offensive lead on the Knight with a nimble rapier. Defenseless, it seemed that Alistair was going to take a fatal strike at the very first few seconds of the fight.

Suddenly, Alistair was holding the tip of Talia's rapier with the flat of Foresharn's own top; he had caught it on it's flight down. Alistair led the clashing warrior's intense salsa of death with a ferocious spin, knocking Talia's rapier to the side in the process before swinging his sword up into the air again. The blue energy that the particular race of Elementals Alistair heralded from named 'Genesis Energy' focused itself around Alistair's left hand. The energy sparked up again as Alistair swung a jaunting jab aimed directly at Talia's face.

Alistair needed to try and succumb everyone as well as he possibly could. Leaping high into the air above the storm, Alistair took firm grip of the falling Foresharn and took aim at his ally's turned adversaries. Genesis Energy harnessed from the Genesis Stone embedded in Alistair's sword gleamed as it was fired off in a slashing deep blue crescent down towards Lyn and Karu.

His descent was accelerated by another burst of Genesis Energy, leading him to make a powerful landing onto the street flooring. His forceful footing had caused him to knock up a large chunk of paving, which started to float, Alistair's outstretched hand controlling it.

"Bring a horse to the battlefield, and don't expect it to be completely unscathed."

Alistair drove his palm forward, and the slab of concrete went hurtling towards Selim, his next target.

Last edited:
Selim turned his head and noticed the slab.

"You're right, it's inevitable. I would just hate to see her beautiful hair damaged." He effortlessly lifts his blade to defend himself. He grips his claymore with both of his hands and quickly slices the slab with many strokes of his weapon. As Selim lowers his arms the pieces quickly crash to the ground.

Selim continues what he was saying, "Howerever, I assure you she is not helpless," he dissmisses Alistair with a wave of his hand. "Now please, leave me in peece as I engage my foe." He picks his arms up from his sides, he aims his tool of death at Clarence and lunges forward.

"Those two don't have to be the only ones with allies," he motions to Abel and Alistar, "we could form a short pack to lessen the numbers." He says this during combat, his refined weapon swinging at the possible ally. Selim delivers a signature grin and attempts to knock Clarence to the hard floor with the hilt of his blade.

"What do you say? I'm not asking to be friends, I am merely suggesting pairing up until we stand surrounded by the fallen bodies of these weapon bounty hunters."

Last edited:

Atma

Formerly Karu
Karu dropped his hand as Abel tread past himself with a small smile. So typical of these ignorant humans and their ilk. Pivoting with adjustment his sleeves as others careened into view he shed a smile and yielded a nod to those who arrived seemingly upon the wind to his perception. As talk rose to cries of battle and declarations of purpose the blue haired male offered nothing, merely stripping himself of coat to unveil leather vest 'neath a hand closed upon red leather hilt, easing it from the scabbard with peculiar gleam of the enchantment upon coral blade.

Breathing deeply as weapons began to sing and powers gleam, Karu took in the environment and awaited an offence at his sister's side as three glowing ribbons of magic extended from his lower spine, weaving in the air lazily like some chimera's tails.

"Easy, Lyn." Muttered the swordsman under his breath. "I mean to return this to my homeland that proper respects be paid. I trust no surface dweller with it." No sooner did the words leave his mouth than did a great blue light shine down with trembling fury from the blade of an acquaintance. Coral blade grasped in both hands an inverted arc was carved in the air, a geyser rising from 'neath the tiles before compressing into a beam of pure aquatic magic, detonating and expending itself against the descending worry.

Assuming a ready combat stance with back towards Lyn, eyes like watery abyss watched carefully for what was to be coming their way in the wake of such a thing, an orb of water a half meter across rupturing into existence to hang in the air above them at his behest, the enchantment on his sword glistening as catalyst aided.

Last edited:
"Ah, geez!" Talia cried out, staggered by the sword knocking her back, disarming her out of shock momentarily. When her the stars finally cleared out of her eyes, Talia witnessed an appendage covered in blue energy flying straight at her. "Ack!" She cried out, bending backwards in response, the blow skimming just past her nose. "That was close..." She muttered to herself as she righted her posture, only to find the man she had been dueling a moment ago to be high in the air, attacking the other brawlers. She gave a low whistle, impressed at the display, but quickly snapped out of her reverie as she watched the wave of blue energy heading towards where she had sent Tannie.

Tannie was as dismayed as Talia, however, when his target flew out of reach. Tannie hated flying things. Like bothersome, tasty birds. Blinded by the snow, he cried out angrily, thrashing every which way, yet striking nothing. Giving up, Tannie bounded towards Talia, hearing her cry out. Once reunited, Talia gave Tannie a smile, which he returned by licking her face.

"Blah, well, let's look for someone else, then!" She cried out, stomping her foot. Talia scanned the battlefield once more, and found a man who had yet to do much of any fighting, despite talking such big talk. Tannie refocused on Abel, hunching into a position as if stalking one's prey. "Alrighty, let's go, dearest!" After uttering her declaration, Talia jabbed her rapier into the ground, surprisingly piercing the pavement. The weapon took on a light green hue as the concrete started cracking and rumbling towards Abel's direction. Tannie let loose, bounding after the phenomenon like a game of cat and mouse.

All at once, after reaching its intended destination, a fully grown tree burst out of the ground towards Abel, busting up the surrounding area and threatening to bludgeon the man. Completely unphased, Tannie leapt upon the tree running up its bark and leaping off of the great oak, hurtling towards Abel with the aim of mauling under extreme prejudice.

Abel laughed at Alistair's rather showy performance of taking everyone on at once. Still, this was a battle and Abel needed to get serious. His brow furrowed and a dark light entered his eyes as his arm blades dripped water off of them from the rain. The women known as Talia caused a tree to grow underneath his feet and sent her werecat, Tannie, after him.

Abel crouched down and kicked off the ground, disappearing into a slipstream, leaving after images in his wake. He ran quickly and adeptly around the tree and with a quick flick of his arm blade, reduced it to pieces. He skidded to a halt and laughed loudly, “That all you got?”

Abel then noticed the werecat charging at him ferociously. The same dark orange light shined brightly on his arms and the arm blades disappeared. He dodged the swipe of the claws of the werecat easily and with a mighty roar, aimed a kick at the werecat.

(pfft, short shitty post is a shitty one.)

Mr.RMA

Clarence merely smirked as Selim dismounted from his horse, his technique working just the way he hoped it would. Sure, it may have seemed like a somewhat dirty move to some, but considering how he would've potentially been at a disadvantage if pitted against both and could only aim for the rider, Clarence didn't really see any problem with it. Just evening out the field, that was all.

As his foe charged after him once more, Clarence shifted himself into an orthodox boxing stance, getting into his pugilist mindset as the boy began swinging his sword at him, easily bobbing and weaving out of the blade's way as if the slashes were hooks and jabs from a fighter's fists. As he continually evaded the attacks, he listened to his opponent's proposal to temporarily team up with quite a bit of suspicion. This could've easily been a trick on the enemy's part to catch him off-guard at any point in the skirmish, and thus, eliminate another threat with ease, but, then again, everyone else seemed to have an ally of some kind...even that peculiar woman had that monstrous cat of hers. If he were to stand a chance, perhaps it would be for the best he team up with this boy, who could obviously hold his own in combat quite impressively.

Before he could deliver a proper response to the proposal however, he was thrown backwards after trying to block a fierce hilt strike, but as he neared the ground, he managed to catch himself by shooting a stream of flames behind him, propelling himself back to his feet.

"If you're sincere in teaming up, I'm willing to comply, but you'd better be speaking honestly. I don't want to have a sword poking out of my chest before the others are dealt with." He said, reverting right back to his fighting stance in case any more attacks were sent his way.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Lyni sat on her cloud and yawned, stretching a bit as the burst of Genesis Energy and beam of aquatic magic collided with each other and detonated in the air. Yes, people were fighting with each other, but not much was actually happening. A few alliances here and there, some pretty explosions, but overall it was... kind of dull. The girl sighed as she turned to Karu and gave him a quick smile.

"Wish I could stay and help, but I think I'm getting a little sleepy, heh~" she whispered to him. "Don't wanna be a burden to you, so I'm gonna head out and nap. Good luck, brother!" And with that, she rose higher into the air on her cloud, giving everyone a quick wave before speeding away, leaving a trail of ice behind her as she flew.

(OOC: Rushed post and whatnot, oops. School starting, I already told Zacky that I'm leaving. Sorry about that, guys, but best of luck to everyone and remember to have fun! ♥)

Atma

Formerly Karu
"What?!" Practically shrieked the normally calm and collected Karu, his focus fading as cold breeze kissed his cheek and stinging cold assailed his nostrils with the turn of his body to observe the retreat of his supposed comrade in arms. Somewhat abashed, Karu's stance faltered as the trail in the air shimmered, drifting down. A few thoughts glimmered in the deep waters of his mind. Tactical disadvantage. He would have to compensate for the loss of a battle partner. Turning about the elemental considered his options, a defensive stance assumed with sword raised in both hands over his head with knees slightly bent for snap reactions, those deadly tendrils weaving about the air behind himself.

Another orb fountained itself in existence above his head, the two orbiting raised blade like some lazy cosmic bodies. It seemed everyone else in one manner or another had a partner, problematic to say the least. For the time being it made the most sense not to expend further energy - arcane or otherwise, in changing form or poking the insanity within. Instead, a steady breath to calm the mind then it's successor held and quashed to the depths in the self, awaiting someone to make a move.

[Short, apologies.]

"That all you got?" Talia responded, mimicking the man who easily thwarted her attack. "Obviously that's not all I've got, buttface!" She shouted while pulling out her rapier from the ground. "Come on, Tannie! Show him what you got!" With a flourish, Talia cued her companion, who shook off being stunned from the ensuing kick, to spin in response, aiming to sweep Abel off his feet, giving the woman enough time to close the gap between them.

Upon clearing the space to reach the other two, Talia leapt onto Tannie, using the beast as leverage to to backflip off of the feline. At the apex of her ascent, she made a series of swipes in the air, creating a magical circle that summoned a number of thorny spikes to come cascading down toward him, before following suit.

With sword still ready, Alistair scanned the battleground, his eyes shifting left and right hastily. For now, no-one seemed to be occupied fighting someone else. He then caught a glimpse of Lyni taking off – it seemed like she had more important matters to deal with. Looking down, he saw Karu attaining a readied position, tendrils flaying out from behind him, before focusing themselves. It looks like the new cask of his ally would be his opponent. Two elementals – alike in some ways, completely different in others. Alistair surged a flow of Genesis Energy through his body, leaving his skin with the faintest sky blue glow. In an actual second, he blazed forward towards Karu with a sudden increase in speed, a blue wake of genesis energy dissipating into the air behind him as Alistair returned to regular speed. The Geokinetic gripped the slate flooring with his feet, sliding, using the forward momentum, he poised Foresharn in front of him, slashing at Karu before jumping backwards to distance himself, ready to defend himself from the aquatic tendrils. Raising his sword up along with his other hand, the paved floors erupted, giving way to a large rock wall, a little bit wider than Alistair’s arm span. He waited for Karu’s next move.

As sturdy as Alistair seemed to be in combat, his choice to cross swords with Karu as he was now almost pained him. A man who once knew him so well was now so distant, and yet he looked so familiar. He hid behind the wall to protect himself, and his emotions; all he seemed to care about was the survival of his race – he showed no care for Zachary, and saw no emotional connection towards the sword. He has changed, but he was still hesitant. With a will like a mountain, however, Alistair swore he would not let his guard down over such a trivial matter.

Abel weaved through the raining thorns with ease, his body flickering and disappearing rapidly from the sheer speed he was producing. He back flipped from the feline trying to knock him down, as he hit the ground with his two feet, he glowed in an amber light and erupted into a storm of fire and flames that covered his body, he inhaled deeply, feeling the fire inside burning with the intensity of ten thousand suns. Abel lunged forward and exhaled a gigantic fire stream that sent him flying backwards from the sheer force of it.

Abel crashed through an abandoned house, he picked himself up and ran out of the hole on the side of the house. He glowed in an amber light again, lightning covering his body this time. He jumped through the air, high above the storm clouds. Willing the lightning to his fists, he began to throw the lightning bolts with fury.

Mr.RMA

The boy was taking far longer to respond than Clarence would have hoped, and as the fighting all around them continued to intensify, the curator wasn't going to wait any longer.

"If you have nothing to say to that, then I'm afraid you must fend for yourself, young man. Good luck with that," Clarence muttered as he sent a single flame punch towards Selim's feet in order to throw him off guard, making his way back towards the heat of the action, which appeared to now be over where the fellow covered in electricity was, slinging lightning bolts down from the sky. Well, that wasn't the fairest tactic as far as Clarence was concerned. The coward thought he could just distance himself and rely on long range attacks to achieve victory? Not if he had anything to say about it.

Without a moment of hesitation, Clarence threw his arms downward as he leapt into the air, immediately propelled by a boost of flames as he rocketed up towards the sky, swerving past bolts of lightning falling in his direction as he approached Abel.

"Get back down there and fight like a man!" Clarence shouted as he round-kicked the sky, a stream of fire jettisoning from his feet and flying towards Abel.

Abel hurtled towards the wet pavement, smashing into it from the round house kick from Clarence. He jumped out of small crater that he created and adjusted his jaw that popped out of place.

"Ow, that one hurt." Abel muttered, he slammed his fists together, his whole entire body glowing in the ambient orange light. His form shifted as he grew in width and height, growing taller and taller. His skin hardened, turning to granite as he morphed into an ancient giant statue of a long forgotten god. He roared, vibrating the air with the intensity of the scream. He raised his hand up and swiped at the air towards Clarence with rage as he stomped the ground rapidly, sending tremors through the old town.