• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Battle Videos Thread

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Rotom.png

Battle Videos topic: take 3. Post and discuss any battle videos you like, whether they be your own or fun stuff you've found on youtube. When sharing your Global Terminal video IDs, give us some details: what kind of battle you fought, who you fought, who won, etc.

Just a reminder: the Global Terminal will only store each players' most recently uploaded videos. For Gen IV and most likely Gen V as well, this is a max of 5 videos per player. Anything older gets removed, so be sure to watch anything you're interested in while it's still available.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I can has B/W battle video? :x

This is a video from my top 8 match during Canada's VGC12 Nationals (Masters Division). Not sure if it's the same everywhere, but Canada's rules for Top 8 were best 2 out of 3 with a 45 minute time limit. My opponent won the first battle and I won the second. This video is our finale.

Teh video: 34-16067-30081

Watching that makes everything seem so quick, but it was quite the opposite at the time... XD

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Here's my only half-decent match from Random Battle:

52-66456-75327

I think I used this team about 7 times before I got sick to death of it and took a hiatus from VGC play.

Okay guys, here's my battle against Ace Trainer RIPPER
Here's my number, so watch it maybe.

No.: 77-63331-26896

WARNING:
My Emboar is called Tammy
(P.S. I win!!)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
A video from the GBU Winter Tournament that took place this weekend:

15-28749-47473

My opponent chooses a rather unique team member.

Wifi battle in Randoms. I was making some bad plays and am lucky I won at all, but I thought you all might enjoy my floundering :)

83-49090-63788

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Since you can now collect 100 Vs Recorder battles, it's actually worthwhile having a thread dedicated to them.

Some of the codes below will eventually drop off, so if you come by any that don't return anything - or don't return what they're meant to, post here and we'll remove it.

To add a code to the list, you need the code, as well as the name of the two competitors (and their forum usernames if relevant). We'll include the competitors so people know that they're watching the battle they're meant to watch if/when the code is reused:

----------------------------

@Teapot (Eleanor) vs @Doctor Oak (Alex): QAHG-WWWW-WWWX-5WMY

@Teapot (Eleanor) vs @Doctor Oak (Alex): QAHG-WWWW-WWWX-5WMY
Round 6: Yeah, it's taken some doing for me to get accustomed to fairy-type weaknesses as well.

@Valin (Rob) vs Brad (random matchup): Q7SW-WWWW-WWWX-LR9J
By Round 9, I'd pretty much had him figured out. For the record, Greninja's forth move was Waterfall, as it was an HM slave, but my other Greninja wasn't yet up to snuff.

@Valin (Rob) vs Ivy (Acquaintance, and lover of booties, apparently, if her Pokemon's nicknames were any indication): LF8W-WWWW-WWWX-LRGS
This one just went back and forth, until I lost to a horrible type mismatch (Gallade's fourth move was Close Combat). Still, considering I was using three Pokemon and she was using six, I think I did alright, all things considered.

Last edited:
@Toastie (Tobias) vs Char (Random Matchup) - 8FWW-WWWW-WWW2-WTQS
I didn't realise that Pokémon weren't auto-levelled to 50 on Random Matchup, leading to this hilarious encounter in which I used a Lvl. 36 Charizard.

@Toastie (Tobias) vs WEHSE (Random Matchup) - 77FG-WWWW-WWWX-RW3H
Very close match, probably my favourite battle on X so far.

@Valin (Rob) vs Israel (passerby): HD3G-WWWW-WWW2-XCTZ
A fun, fairly close battle. Yeah, I know it's generally encouraged to switch out more often, but it wasn't my opponent's policy, and I decided to follow suit because I kind of enjoy "manly" battles :p
Also, it's fun using Protean to thwart your opponent's plans.

Edit:
Just had two awesome battles!

Battle 1:
@Valin (Rob) vs Merc (acquaintance): C29W-WWWW-WWW2-4HAM
This battle can be summed up in five words: Mega Mawile is a badass!

Battle 2:
@Valin (Rob) vs Ivy (acquaintance, now friend), part deux, @Valin's Revenge: MZUG-WWWW-WWW2-4HAT
I'd say this battle could be summed up in four words (Blaziken is a badass), but really, I was in the process of being utterly destroyed (even though I won, this opponent is going to give me nightmares) until I made timely use of my Blaziken's Protect (which, until now, I was thinking of replacing with Poison Jab), which turned the whole battle around. I think this is the best battle I'd had in a long time.

Edit 2:

@Valin (Adaliz) vs Nick (friend): N7TG-WWWW-WWW3-Q5N4
Very close battle, which ended with my opponent's Azumarill being Choice Banded into continuously using Aqua Jet against my Water Absorb Vaporeon.
Also, Magic Bounce Espeon is just amazing.

@Valin (Adaliz) vs Draer (friend): TUFG-WWWW-WWW3-Q5N9
Totally awesome battle which makes me feel like I've really improved my competitive game.

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
So. Believe it or not, I actually started doing some simulator-powered competitive battling. I know, I'm just as shocked as the rest of you. It mostly started because I wanted to run a few Pokemon I won't get to train for a while because lack of 3DS... But then I found out that I'm actually doing fairly well for myself.

So here's a brief collection of my recent battles.
Edit: and a few more.
Also. Here's a few against some 'charmsians.
Missing in action, alas, is a replay of my battle VS Shiny, in which she wiped the goddamn floor with me. She's kind of a force of nature, as it turns out. xD

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Here's another batch of battles.
VS Charmsians:
  • VS Shiny - in which I manage to somehow barely win. XD
  • VS Tailon - A nerve-wrackingly close fight lost due to Toxic Stall Bullshit(TM).

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Well I've finally been roped into the Showdown. Regrettably all of my usual monickers were taken so I had to default to Saiko_Monkii.

Monkii vs. Lyni: My first battle and I was victorious! Shiny put up a really good fight too. :)

Monkii vs. Tailon: I wasn't so fortunate in my second match, but dammit if I didn't give Tailon a run for his money!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Today, out of sheer what, I decided to attempt to create a Grass/Bug team on Showdown and try it out. The results were kind of amazing.

Also, two unrelated VS Charmsians battles:

• VS Shocari - A destined meeting of Challenge Cup... something or other.
  • VS Sami - An experimental Mono-Steel team tests its mettle VS Team 3. It doesn't end well.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator

5PTG-WWWW-WWW6-96N9: Pure luck
T9AW-WWWW-WWW4-B9KT: i PWND this guy, its also pretty funny lol. also... (where Glaceon pwns)
8D5G-WWWW-WWW3-HKMH: Yveltal vs. Yveltal
CUKW-WWWW-WWW2-UB99..... lolwut
I hope you like 'em!:D I'll also watch all yours too.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Finally started challenging non-charmsians, and while I've been terribly humiliated a number of times, I've also pulled away with some nice victories! Here be a few:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-106134153
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-106135709
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-106139173
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-106142578
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-106156840
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-105973961
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-105957820

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-105966246 (This one's a match I won due to the other guy forfeiting, but I'm throwing it on here because the guy just seemed so confident that he was gonna troll-sweep me, only for all his plans to go completely awry>:D. Good stuff.)

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
So I recently learned that a 100% crit rate is easily attainable in battle now. It takes only three stages of crit-boost to achieve 100% crit. Focus Energy can only be used once, but provides TWO stages. A held item provides another stage rounding out your critical rate to 100%. Coincidentally, Absol gets Super Luck [stage one], several high critical moves [stage two] and can also hold a scope lens [stage three, 100%] with no setup.

This is a video with my Sniper Kingdra and Absol in action, nailing things right where they hurt. There's also some fun team support between baton passing back and forth involved.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-106695725

2ZNG-WWWW-WWW6-RXU2= An awesome shiny battle that I did with a friend!
9TDW-WWWW-WWW6-R2XS= Me vs @PurpleTartan in legendary battle (one of us almost won! the other one won happily XD)
Edit: added two more battles
BLVW-WWWW-WWW7-DCFE= A battle I had with a friend called Taivon (note to self don't add people that only battle and battle XD)
N44W-WWWW-WWW7-DCFH= Rematch between me and Taivon requested by him. Lets say it started and ended bad for him XD (looks like he has my shiny Machoke's father lol)

Last edited:
T9AW-WWWW-WWW4-B9KT: i PWND this guy, its also pretty funny lol. also... (where Glaceon pwns)
I wouldn't exactly call a 1-0 victory with 35HP left for your remaining Pokemon "pwning" someone, but that was still really awesome. Quick Claw activating all those times, avoiding two Toxics in a row, scoring a lucky freeze on Jolteon, which could have otherwise cost you the match... That was crazy!

Anyway, here are some more exciting battles I had...

@Valin (Adaliz) VS Furisode Girl Marilla (CPU, Battle Maison, Super Triple Battle, Round 32): 8BLW-WWWW-WWW7-W2J5
Yeah, this was against the the game's AI, but it was still a close, crazy battle, and for a while, I thought my winning streak was at an end, but Togekiss kept soldiering on. I don't think I'll ever underestimate an Eeveelution team again...

@Valin (Adaliz) VS Ralph (Acquaintance, friend afterward): X23G-WWWW-WWW5-K8LX
Throughout the battle, my opponent had a crazy run of luck with critical hits (and "parahax" at one point). Finally, my Mega Venusaur's Giga Drain managed to score a critical on his Gliscor, at which point I was like "THANK YOU, LADY LUCK! AFTER ALL THAT, YOU OWED ME SOMETHING!" I also found out that when a Pokemon uses Roost, its flying-type disappears during that round (I knew they became vulnerable to ground attack, but I thought that was all), hence the reason why Venusaur's second Giga Drain was super-effective on Gliscor.

@Valin (Adaliz) VS Kk (challenger at an anime convention): ZWVG-WWWW-WWW6-J79R
When he used Breloom, I was worried and took forever to make a move because I didn't have any surefire counters, but it turned out well. Also has the reason why Gallade is the best Justified Pokemon: He's the only Pokemon with that ability people would think to use dark-type attacks on.

The Carman Chronicles
These next several battles are against a guy named Carman, and he's my favorite battle partner. I'd never beaten him, but we'd always had exciting, and very close, battles.

@Valin (Rob) VS Carman (friend): 2YZG-WWWW-WWW5-A2UD
This one was a while ago, and at the time, I was unaware of Talonflame's Gale Wings, hence the reason why I didn't make any logical switch-outs. At the end, it was my Jolteon against his Garchomp, but even so, I thought I had this, because Jolteon's Hidden Power is ice-type, but as it turned out, his Garchomp was Scarfed...

@Valin (Adaliz) VS Carman: L77W-WWWW-WWW5-A2UR

@Valin (Adaliz) VS Carman: KUMW-WWWW-WWW5-A2VE
Round one...

@Valin (Adaliz) VS Carman: 3XVW-WWWW-WWW5-A3W5
Round two. This one happened immediately after the previous battle, and the tactics we last used were still fresh in our minds and we played accordingly.

Last edited: