• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Black and White Playthrough Thread

A

Anonymous

I also needs a Dusk Stone for when Casper (Litwick) evolves.
Anywho , I just got through Twist Mountain and have been uber-training for Brycen.Made some slight changes to my pokemon roster.
BW_Fr_607.png
Casper the Litwick lv.33
BW_Fr_582.png
Vanillite lv.32
BW_Fr_589.png
Link the Escavalier lv.33
BW_Fr_563.png
Desukann the Cofagrigus lv.42
I also brought back
BW_Fr_534.png
from a while back. Conkeldurr lv.33
And Introducing:
BW_Fr_526.png
Gigilith lv.31

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Black Saturday. The game is awesome. I'm getting through Twist Mountain now. Team:
503.gif
545.gif
548.gif
596.gif
607.gif
610.gif

Tsunami the Samurott lvl 37 (F), Mukade the Scolipede lvl 35 (F), Lillil the Petilil lvl 36 (F), Kumo the Galvantula lvl 37 (F), Kajirei the Litwick lvl 37 (F) and Hakaryu the Axew lvl 31 (F).

A

Anonymous

BW_Fr_638.png
Colalion get!!
I headed over to Mistralton cave to grab the dusk stone I needed to evolve my Lampent and in the mean-time I snagged me Colbaloin aka Athos from The Three Musketeers.

Anywho I'm about to catch Virizion ,the 2nd of the musketeer trio before going to battle Iris.
Current Team. I did some name changing btw :
BW_Fr_609.png
Melancholy(formerly known as Casper) Chandelure lv.42
BW_Fr_583.png
Frosty(formerly had no name) Vanillish lv.37
BW_Fr_589.png
Link the Escavalier lv.35
BW_Fr_563.png
Desukann lv.44
Introdu-- I already told you about:
BW_Fr_638.png
Athos the Colbaloin lv.42

I also got my HM slave ducklett witch I maybe evolve and use on my team.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This'll be my final update here until I start playing Black. I just beat the true Elite 4 and Alder, and over the past couple of days I also defeated Morimoto, Cynthia, found all of the Seven Sages (that actually can be found), caught Volcarona, and explored the entire region completely (minus Liberty Island). I haven't caught Victini, Zorua/Zoroark, Landorus or Kyurem yet, but I've attempted Kyurem twice and it struggled to death. I'm going to try at it again when I have my Breloom transferred over for Spore.

Now I guess all that's left, besides catching those five, is to complete my PokeDex, buy all of the TMs I'd passed up initially, and have some more fun with the Battle Subway. :)

As for my current team... One particular Pokemon, my Scrafty, was an invaluable part of my Elite 4 team. He basically destroyed 3 out of the four Elites and Alder, giving him oodles of level ups during my run. The fact that he was holding the Lucky Egg throughout the entire challenge didn't hurt either. ;D

IMO Cynthia has a stronger team than Alder. She gave me hell, while Alder wasn't nearly as difficult. Mind you, I challenged Cynthia with level 59-60 Pokemon and had notably higher leveled Pokemon for Alder (especially my Scrafty), so I guess I can give him a break. :X

Hall of Fame Team-----------------------------Other Team Members

560.gif

Loki (M) - Level 67
Naive Nature
- Brick Break
- Bulk Up
- Crunch
- Head Smash
Spr_b_5b_596.png

Minerva (F) - Level 59
Naive Nature
- Energy Ball
- Thunder
- Signal Beam
- Agility

579.gif

Nebula (F) - Level 59
Mild Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
Spr_b_5b_586A.png

Solstice (F) - Level 59
Hardy Nature
- Jump Kick
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech
- Double-Edge

612.gif

Alrakis (F) - Level 60
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
Spr_b_5b_628.png

Tarazed (M) - Level 59
Serious Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Fly
- Crush Claw
- Rock Slide

555.gif

Jinn (M) - Level 62
Gentle Nature
- Fire Punch
- Rock Slide
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
Spr_b_5b_507.png

Edward (M) - Level 59
Impish Nature
- Work Up
- Wild Charge
- Return
- Crunch

530.gif

Adana (F) - Level 62
Relaxed Nature
- Hone Claws
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

503.gif

Keid (F) - Level 63
Brave Nature
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet
- Surf

For awhile there I was starting to get bored of the post-main game stuff, but once my Pokemon reached level 55 or so things started turning really fun again. I've loved White, and while I'm not sure if Unova is my top favourite region - it's definitely up there. ♥

Hey, kids. I'm really sorry that I have been inactive over the past 10 days, Internet troubles. You've missed a lot. For starters, I've ditched Tobias & Grace, they are not very useful in the long run, and caught Belle the Sewaddle. Hammered the third Gym Leader (Forgot his name), and caught a Scraggy. Ditched the Scraggy after remembering it's part Fighting. I had a lot of trouble with Elisa (Is that how you say it?), but pulled through. In the Relic Castle, I discovered a Plume Fossil, & revived it into Oliver the Archen! After hunting around Route 5, I caught my first Special Attacker, Pamela the Gothita! Clay was not a problem. Aaron destroyed him. Evolved Belle to a Leavanny. Aaron evolved to a Gurdurr. Pam evolved too! I'm currently just in front of Celestial Tower, just as Oliver finally evolved into an Archeops!

Current Team

Aaron the Gurdurr lvl 37 [Male]
Belle the Leavanny lvl 36 [Female]
Oliver the Archeops lvl 37 [Male]
Pamela the Gothorita lvl 35 [Female]

BW_Fr_533.png
BW_Fr_542.png
BW_Fr_567.png
BW_Fr_575.png

Fin.

Back , and I completed my game today ! Beat the Elite 4 and Ghetsis and I'm the new Champion of Unova , Black Version .
Current Team:

Reshiram lv. 51
DragonBreath
Slash
Extrasensory
Fusion Flare

Serperior lv. 50
Slam
Giga Drain
Dragon Tail
Leaf Blade

Audino lv. 44
Retaliate
Attract
Secret Power
Charge Beam

Stoutland lv. 46
Reversal
Tackle
Retaliate
Crunch

Lampent lv. 45
Inferno
Flame Burst
Shadow Ball
Hex

Darmanitan lv. 52
Fire Punch
Superpower
Flare Blitz
Strength

Yeah , that's pretty much it right there .
Before I caught Reshiram , I had a Ducklett but I swapped them .
FYI I'll still be playing the game , to improve my PokeDex .
Pokemon Black was a pretty epic game , with all the cool new features .
I found it kind of easy but it was still fun .
Hope Nintendo makes a new game again so I can continue my journey as a Pokemon Trainer !
(haha nerd moment) xD .

Oh lookie hurrr it's an update on my zany antics:

Haven't gone up against the E4 for the second time yet, still training for that XD

Fang Shou (Samurott), LV 95
Nazca (Sigilyph) LV 62
Audax (Galvantula) LV 69
Cytan (Reuniclus) LV 66
Colbert (Braviary) LV 62 [Currently is holding the EXP share]
Aden (Chandelure) LV 70

As you can see, the grand majority of my team is still underleveled. |D

Found out that there was more to the game .... XD fail .
Training my team to beat the Elite 4 and Alder .
Same team except caught a Ducklett evolved it to Swanna and Lampent is now a Chandelure .
Reshiram is in my PC boxes .
Also went through Mistralton Cave and caught legendary Pokemon , Cobalion , with an Ultra Ball .

To start things off, in Twist Mountain, Pam evolved into a Gothitelle! Skyla has never given me any real difficulty. This time I just blasted my way through Oliver. She's still my favourite leaderbecause shes hot. I arrived in Iccirus City, and while in the puddles, I caught Duke the Palpitoad! After grinding up in the Iccirus Gym, he evolved into a Seismetoad! Beat Brycen after having problems with his Beartic. Also, advice to anyone who has under-leveled Pokemon at around this stage, GO TO ROUTE 18! It is an exellent training place. After training there, I traded with my friend Daniel to evolve Aaron to a Conkeldurr! I am currently just inside Dragonspiral Tower, and I am ready to fight off some Plasma goons!

Current Team

Aaron the Conkeldurr lvl 44 [Male]
Belle the Leavanny lvl 43 [Female]
Oliver the Archeops lvl 44 [Male]
Pamela the Gothitelle lvl 43 [Female]
Duke the Seismetoad lvl 43 [Male]

BW_Fr_534.png
BW_Fr_542.png
BW_Fr_567.png
BW_Fr_576.png
BW_Fr_537.png

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Welp, I've finally started into Black. Since I've already EV trained 6 of my 7 team Pokemon (all of 'em but my starter), I don't foresee myself having any problems whatsoever with this run through the game. Feels really cheap to be honest, but I didn't want to worry about getting the anti-EV berries later on when they're so frelling tough to get right now. :p

Recently hit Nacrene City. My team looks like this:

BW_Fr_495.png

Regal (M) - Level 16

BW_Fr_564.png

Crush (M) - Level 16

BW_Fr_602.png

Taranis (M) - Level 16

BW_Fr_619.png

Gen (M) - Level 16

BW_Fr_636.png

Solaris (M) - Level 21

BW_Fr_633.png

Deino (M) - Level 21 *Needs a nickname*

BW_Fr_622.png

Asgard - Level 23

My last team on White was basically all female. This team is 100% all male (+1 genderless). Didn't plan it this way at all, but I guess it balances out, eh? XP

I've started a new game about a week ago and I think my team is pretty decent so far.

Gurrdurr Lv: 32 Item: None
Vaniler (Vanillite) Lv: 30 Item: Lucky Egg
Osho (Dewott) Lv: 31 Item: None
Pigin (Tranquill) Lv: 30 Item: None
Olphak (Herdier) Lv: 28 (On Team Backup Pokemon) Item: None
Epik (Krokorok) Lv: 31 Item: Macho Brace

Trainer Name: James
Badges: 5

Just got the game late last night, so I'm not that far. I'm standing right in front of Lenora.

BW_Fr_496.png
-Felucia, the female Servine(17)

BW_Fr_515.png
-Dac, the male Panpour(15)[totally ditching him soon].

BW_Fr_517.png
-Dathomir, the female Munna(17)

BW_Fr_532.png
-Gamorr, the male Timburr(19)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This has got to be my least eventful playthrough ever.

I'm still enjoying my team on Black, but aside from my recently evolved Serperior and increased levels overall (everyone's between levels 35-37 now), my team is exactly the same as before. No other evolutions. It's kinda boring going through a huge portion of a region and having barely anything change, but I guess it's my own fault for using six Pokemon that evolve late. :p

Currently in Twist Mountain, and I'm sad that I'm not playing through it during winter. But it's all good because spring is a really pretty season. I've loving the subtle musical differences and all the green and flowers. It's a refreshing change from fall, which is the season I played the majority of White through. :)

I was hoping to have long finished Black by this point, but life got in the way. Wouldn't surprise me now if I still haven't finished it by the next seasonal change.

Right about to own N and Ghetsis. I SR'd Reshiram for a decent nature 50 times, and since none came, I settled with Serious ;_; My team's been doing great, demolishing everything and really holding their own against significantly stronger enemies. Team is as follows:

"Felucia"-Serperior, F, 44

"Bespin"-Tornados, M, 46

"Iridonia"-Haxorus, M, 49

"Gamorr"-Conkeldurr, M, 42

"Korriban"-Krookodile, M, 48

"Mustafar"-Darmanitan, M, 43

And replacing Gamorr is Ruusan, my Reshiram(only during these last two battles, though I might need him for helping against the ridiculously higher-leveled AI after NatDex).

Well I've started my "Will be finished" playthrough, & I'm starting with Tepig. Beat my Rivals & N, then caught an Audino on Route 2!

498.gif
531.gif

Gigas lvl 9 [Male], Melodica lvl 7 [Female].

Well, it's a start.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I love, love, LOVE the climax of these games. Even though this was my second time through, it was still just as awesome as my original run. :'D

In short, I just beat the main story of Black. My Pokeymans - let me show you them!

BW_Fr_497.png

Regal (M) - Level 50

BW_Fr_565.png

Crush (M) - Level 47

BW_Fr_603.png

Taranis (M) - Level 45

BW_Fr_620.png

Gen (M) - Level 51

BW_Fr_636.png

Solaris (M) - Level 46

BW_Fr_633.png

Deino (M) - Level 48

BW_Fr_623.png

Asgard - Level 49

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Bumpity bumping this because I can, and the TCM being back online just begs me to make cards of my latest Pokemon Black playthrough. :O

Anyways, I finally finished up with my previous Black playthrough, traded all of my Pokemon and goodies to White, and restarted Black for a second time. This play is much different than my last because the majority of my team was caught in the wild. Raising a team of 6+ bred Pokemon gets boring after awhile. :x

Here be my current team and badges owned:

PokemonBlackTC01.png

Ozai the Pignite, level 31 (BOW TO YOUR FIRE LORD PIGGIE!)
Grovy the Simisage, level 31
Geode the Boldore, level 30
Goretooth the Krokorok, level 31
Roswell the Elgyem, level 31
and Burster the Scolipede, level 31

Originally I started my game over to play it alongside my little sisters, but now BOTH of them have surpassed me. Damn kids make me feel old. D:

Replaying Pokemon White very slowly. C:
Named my character Ria because of Valin's fic XD
32zluhh.png

Azira the Male Chandelure - Level 42
Ceyla the Female Galvantula - Level 42
Tieve the Male Samurott - Level 41
Kesva the Female Scolipede - Level 41
Indra the Male Fraxure - Level 42
Kazmina the Male Liepard - Level 41

Just look at all those names that end in "a" and all those 5 letter names :'D

I'm right inside Icirrus City. X3

Edit 6:14 EST:
Just beat Ghetsis :D

Spr_5b_609.png

Azira the Chandelure [M]
Level 53

-Will-O-Wisp
-Flame Burst
-Shadow Ball
-Hex

545.png

Kesva the Scolipede [F]
Level 51

-Poison Tail
-Screech
-Strength
- X-Scissor

510.png

Kazmina the Liepard [M]
Level 52

-Cut
-Slash
-Assist
-Night Slash

612.png

Indra the Haxorus [M]
Level 52

-Dig
-Shadow Claw
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw

503.png

Tieve the Samurott [M]
Level 52

-Slash
-Revenge
-Surf
-Razor Shell

596.png

Ceyla the Galvantula [F]
Level 52

-Sucker Punch
-Thunder
-Signal Beam
-Electro Ball

Beat Ghetsis' Hydreigon (which was Nightmare Incarnate for me last Playthrough) by using Revenge and Signal Beam C:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Huzzah! I finally picked up my Black version again and started progressing. The final member of my team just evolved recently, so might as well make an update. :)

Kayleesteamfullyevolved.png

As they stand now:

Ozai (Emboar) - Lv. 41
- Ability: Blaze
- Nature: Adamant
- Item: Charcoal
- Attacks: Assurance, Rollout, Flame Charge, Brick Break

Roswell (Beheeyem) - Lv. 42
- Ability: Synchronize
- Nature: Modest
- Item: Quick Claw
- Attacks: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power (Bug), Psych Up

Goretooth (Krookodile) - Lv. 41
- Ability: Intimidate
- Nature: Sassy
- Item: Amulet Coin
- Attacks: Foul Play, Brick Break, Return, Dig

Burster (Scolipede) - Lv. 42
- Ability: Swarm
- Nature: Serious
- Item: Poison Barb
- Attacks: Poison Tail, Dig, X-Scissor, Rock Smash

Geode (Gigalith) - Lv. 41
- Ability: Sturdy
- Nature: Naughty
- Item: Soothe Bell
- Attacks: Return, Rock Blast, Rock Smash, Bulldoze

Grovy (Simisage) - Lv. 42
- Ability: Gluttony
- Nature: Timid
- Item: Lucky Egg
- Attacks: Shadow Claw, Return, Dig, Seed Bomb

After taking a quick detour on route 9 to kick asses, take names, and buy some stuff, I'm within Opelucid City seeking out any available items/battles/etc. before heading off with Iris for story time. Then it's gym number 8 and dwagons! Lots and lots of dwagons. I will throw rocks and punch them in the face. 'Return' is pretty lethal too. That's the power of love. :'D ♥