• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Camp Of Stars! (Roleplay)

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-camp-of-stars-discussion.27296/#post-914909

The Camp leader, known as Taffy, began to mark the down the children who had started arriving. She marked down Kenzo, who was walking up to the log cabin after the unknown cause of arriving. As well the young child known as Apple who was laying in a patch of grass nearby, staring between they’re bangs and up to the clouds. “Apple!” Taffy barked over for them to come over, as she was trying not to lose anyone like last time… She snapped out of her memory, waiting as of the children to come. “Kenz! Will you help me?” He suddenly snapped up and nodded, coming over to help set up three benches and tables that would be used to eat while nice out. The day was gloomy, a sigh of rain but it was still warm and crisp: only a small breeze was felt. Apple raised their head and came over. They signed, “But why?” And began to move to sit on one of the benches. “Great a mute kid.” Taffy muttered, finding herself sitting across from them as she slapped the clipboard down. Kenzo was sitting next to her with a little distance, but still close enough to gaze at each and every name. “I see, many kids.” He whispered to her, frowning. “Yeah, going ti be long and hard…” She said, feeling as if collapsing.

(Starter posts are not my strength, but I hope that you all understand.)

"Summer... That time of year when all was well... No school and all that time to do some research..." Abigail thought as she started jotting down notes about a beetle she was observing on a log. "Shiny, black and fiery body, and orange-tipped antennae. I believe it is an American Burying Beetle." She said as she drew the beetle in her notebook. The beetle in question was on the log, just resting and she scribbled out all the nuggets of information about it. She looked at the entrance and began to think back to that invitation...
5 days earlier
"C'mon sis! You need to join this camp!" Axel said as he and Abigail sat down at the dinner table. Axel handed her a brochure for "The Camp of Stars" before sitting down. Abigail just looked at her brother. " Well, whatever that PR disaster is, I'm not interested. My OCD doesn't help me here either." She said as she sat with the family. "Dear, It will be great for you to go outside. Besides what do you think you will be doing all summer?" Susan Freeman, the matriarch of the family, spoke up about her daughter. "Just do some research, mess with some rocks and spend some time with my dorky brother." She said as she took some corn. "Well, your dorky brother has a phone. If you feel lonely at camp, you could just call me." Axel said as he whipped out his iPhone. "Alright, I'll do it cause you're desperate," Abigail said before eating a bite of corn and steak.
Present
She then looked at her phone. There was a text message from her brother. "Hey sis, how is your first day at camp?" The message read. She put down the notebook and type her message. "Good, but no one seems to want to talk to me." She responded to his text as she looked around seeing kids everywhere.

Allie had been checking her stuff over along side Oscar. The two had arrived at the camp wearing their colors assigned. Allie and Oscar had been working on getting their stuff across the camp as Oscar noticed a girl a little older than him (@Abra Kadabra Alakazam! ), sitting by herself, and walked up to her.

"Hi, I'm Oscar, and you are?" Oscar asked.

Allie watched the interaction, making sure Oscar doesn't go overboard.

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
Apple realized that they hadn’t worn their assigned color and decided to go put on one of their green sweaters inside the bathroom/shower cabin located at the front. They signed, “Be right back.” And hurried to grab their bag and run over. They took off their purple one and threw on the green one, not bothering to smooth done the wrinkles that came with folding it. They signed, “Oh hi new people!” With their pale fingers as the ran to take a seat next to Taffy and Kenzo. “Let’s see..” Taffy mumbled as she reached for the clipboard and walked to check off the new kids that have arrived. “Let’s see, Abigail? Oscar? Allie?” She asked, wanting to know who was who as well as assign cabins for everyone.
(@Abra Kadabra Alakazam! @Cmeriwether )

"Present!" Abigail said as she got up and looked at the young boy whose name was Oscar. "Oh, hey! My name is Abigail. Nice to meet you." She said as she placed her notebook in her backpack. The beetle dug away from the log and Abigail groaned. "I was taking notes on that beetle." She said as she stood up. She was wearing a brown t-shirt with a dust devil on it and she fiddled with the bottom of it. "Sorry, I am kinda antsy. This is such a nice camp and you know, I thank my brother for making me come here." She said as she began to move. "I'm gonna go to my cabin. It's kinda far, so if you want to talk with me, we should get walking." She said as she walked away from the log.

(@Cmeriwether , @Candle)

At least 30 meters away was Iroi, tempted to panic like mad as he sprinted towards the camp. "I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M LATE AGAIN!!!!" he yelled. Suddenly, he tripped over a large pebble. "CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!" he screamed as he rolled towards the camp and, eventually, into a wall. When he got up, he started to chuckle. "I actually made it..." he said drowsily, "Before crashing into a wall..." He then kicked at the wall and -- accidentally -- hurt himself so bad he almost cracked a bone. He screamed in pain very loud afterwards.

(@'Candle', @Cmeriwether, @Abra Kadabra Alakazam!)

"Almost cracked a bone," he said after screaming in pain, "Should not sleep in ever again." After taking his mind off the pain, he noticed the crowd behind Abigail. "I'm fine," he said, "Sorry I'm late, too! I'm not sleeping in ever again. Hopefully." Then he suddenly got very nervous. Then he tripped over another pebble and landed face first in the dirt. "Luck's not on my side today..." he said as he got up.

(@'Candle', @Abra Kadabra Alakazam!, @Cmeriwether)

Abigail looked at the other person who had come. "Do you need help carrying him? He might be sprained or something..." Abigail muttered as she analyzed the boy's leg. "Can you move it at all?" She said as she whipped out a green notebook. It had health stickers on it and was labeled Abigail's Medical Guide. "Alright, page 70..." She said quietly, to the degree no one heard her.

(@Cmeriwether , @Candle, @gutens )

Iroi tripped again and again after finally (finally) getting up. "I wish luck was on my side all the time..." he said. Suddenly, a single $100 bill flew towards Iroi's feet. "Huh," he said as he picked it up, "100 dollars." He walked out of the crowd slowly as he was still hurt a bit. He turned to Abigail. "I'm fine!" he called out, "I'm usually slightly unluckier to the point I trip over a root and 3 pebbles in one hour." Suddenly he almost tripped over a root. "Close one..." he said, "Thank god that wasn't a big root!"

"To be honest..." Iroi said, "I think I'm supposed to be the Electric Star, so... yeah." He started towards the Electric Star Cabin afterwards. "Dang," he told himself, "Quit goin' the wrong way, Iroi." He then chuckled. "I forgot..." he said, "I'm Iroi." Suddenly, he tripped over a root and immediately got up. "Okay, now I'm pissed off!" he yelled as he continued towards the Electric Star Cabin, "I hate tree roots."

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
“Ahh yes, thank you everyone. You may all head to your cabins.” Taffy said in a higher voice.
“Abigail to Dust. Iroi to Electric. Apple to Nature. Moxi to wind. Kenzo to Shadow. Allie to light. Oscar to cloud. And is that everyone?” She said, going down the list until she came to a blank center. “Also please meet me tonight at the bonfire for a special welcoming ceremony!” She called to the leaving participants. Kenzo gave a straight face before gathering his stuff and hearing over to Shadow Star cabin. “Cya tonight.” He said to Taffy before leaving to walk down the path that lead him there. Apple too grabbed their stuff, signing “bye” to Taffy before running to their cabin in anticipation.

@Moxxie the ultimate imp @Cmeriwether @Abra Kadabra Alakazam! @gutens (is that everyone.)

Iroi sighed with relief as he realized there was one more person and headed inside his cabin. He started to make games out of cardboard (that's quite easy) and used all he needed for them. Some of them had a Nintendo Entertainment System feel, some an arcade feel, others a Game Boy Advance feel, they each had a different style.
About an hour later
"YES!!" Iroi yelled as he raised his fist in the air, "No need for Wi-Fi now!" He had made: a Plants VS Zombies-style arcade game; an Among Us runner where you hit a rock, lava or an Impostor, you lose; and more crazy stuff!

Abigail was bored. For the last hour, she had settled into her cabin, got her stuff together, and did more research on bugs. Now she was roaming the grounds and thinking about her life. She had needed to charge her cellphone and needed something to do. She was walking by the Electric Star cabin when she heard Iroi's yelling. "Hmm, whatever is making that noise, It's better to investigate than loiter." He said as she tiptoed towards the cabin, peeping her head through the window, seeing the crazy stuff Iroi had made. "My god..." She said silently in absolute shock.

(@Cmeriwether , @Candle, @gutens )

Last edited: