• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Freedom Zone (Pokesona RP) Sign-Ups

The Pokemon World is a wonderful place. "The bond between a Pokemon and its Trainer" is a household phrase now. But, on an island far off the reaches of any region lay the one area humans no longer inhabit, the Freedom Zone. They once civilized it, yet human existence is a miracle on that island. Pokemon wander the streets, and it's a perfect place.
There are several locations that make this island seem like camp grounds for previously existing Trainers. There is the Old Town, a town with an oval road that leads off east at the southeastern point and leads off to the woods and a Pokemon Centre. The only human on the island, being Nurse Joy, lives in the Poke'Mon Centre, which is located just Northwest of the oval. There is a battlefield a little ways east of the road with bleachers for spectators, but the rest of the territory is woods.
Far eastward beyond these woods is a commonly known water area, sporting Freedom Beach. Swimming across the ocean will end you up at Hoenn's Route 101, more commonly known as the edge of Littleroot. Along the back edge of the sand are homes where humans once spent vacations in. The houses are varying in size, but usually stay in the 1,000 to 1,500 square feet range.
Go back through the woods and head South from Old Town and you will find nothing special. It is woods and forests forests for miles and miles. Nobody has dared go past the limits of the woods that the population have set up.
However, if you do some exploring, you'll find a cave that holds many rare stones and some items from the human era. This cave is dark and massive, so bring a Fire-Type with you if you dare take on this challenge. That is, unless you are a Fire Type. Rumor has it that if you make it to the bottom, most underground reaches of the cave, you will be granted any wish you wish for. However, this challenge is a risk of your life as it takes years to get down, and even longer to get back.
Just West of the woods of Old Town is a little shopping district, where you can get berries and food for you and your family (if you have one). Most Pokemon can't work at regular jobs, so the catch to buying the items you need is that you can only have three visits to three different shops everyday. Don't cut down on visits so you can go as many times as you want, because if you only go to two shops, you can't go to four the next day. In total, there are 5 businesses. They are:
The Berry Place, a small berry mart run by Swell the Swellow
McPsyducks, a huge food shop run by a team of Golduck and Psyduck (the McDonalds equivalent)
The Item Shop, a moderate grocery store run by three Machoke named Mark, Mack and Mickey (Walmart Equivalent) Keep in mind that man-made items like Potions and Poke Balls are't stored here
Stone Grown, a small stone shop run by a Krooodile and a Golem (these stones aren't evolution stones, they are collector edition rocks) and last but not least
The Training Gym, a small workout place run by a number of Fighting Pokemon (you can visit this and three shops and you will be following rules)
Now, the north part of the Freedom Zone is a mountain area. It is rather cold, and it is another place to have an adventure. There are a few mountains, the tallest being Mt. Avalugg, and a few valleys. Nobody can forget the famous, and thankfully inacitve volcano, Mt. Combusken. It had erupted 500 years prior to the RP, wiping out all of civilization, other than the mountain area around it.

Alright, now you know the Freedom Zone, and now, here are the rules!

Rules: PRP Rules
Evolution by friendship with humans is impossible, and stone evolution can only be done if you dare explore the cave and look for your desired stone. Any other Pokemon can evolve whenever you please, but don't start out evolving your Sona.
Keep about the shop laws. It is fine if you have a post where your Sona learns the rules, but other than that, please keep them in check.
There is no legendary at the bottom of the cave. Please don't say that Tapu Koko is down there in a million year slumber.
Battles are not allowed at the shopping area.
You must start as a basic form, and if anyone dares to give me Cosmog as an excuse to be a legendary I will personally put your Cosmog sona in the bag. Don't say I din't warn you.
The biggest romance is marriage and a family, but don't post reproduction stuff because 1, that's inappropriate, and 2, that stuff grosses me, and possibly a ton of others, out.
No swearing, for goodness sakes.
A three to four sentence paragraph in which the sentences are well structured will be fine, and anything more is great.
There are possibly millions of things that could happen at once, so know your story and stick to it. When you finish that part, you can go to another part of wherever and join another story.
The plot will come if the RP gets enough pages, so stay tuned and keep posting, guys!
On that note, double-, triple-, umpteeniple-posting isn't allowed.
NO FAKEMON! Any Gen 1 through 7 Pokemon not holding the title of Legendary, Mythical, UB or Tapu, as long as it hasn't evolved yet, is approved.

Well, you've read so much, and now, you just need the bio template. Lucky you!

Name:
Species(must be an unevolved Pokemon with no evolution experience whatsoever):
Personality:
Accessories:

Alright, with that, here are my bios. (I don't know why the creators have to make the others care about this).

Name: Kai
Species: Froakie
Personality: He is fun and optimistic, but never retains the stealth of his species. He likes to play and enjoy his friends.
Accessories: None

Name: Rickey
Species: Riolu (Pokemon like Riolu in terms of evolution cannot evolve since there is only Nurse Joy on the island in regards to humans)
Personality: Like his pal Kai, he is fun and optimistic. He is a bit mature, and knows his priorities are survival, his friends and his family (whom I'll introduce later). He is reponsible, so he buys food from the shop.
Accessories: He wears a Macho Brace on his left wrist.

Name: Lexie
Species: Litten
Personality: She is a daredevil, and cannot wait to try new things. She is a good influence on others, seeing as she is one of the most mature Pokemon you'll ever meet. She has her drawbacks, however. She loses her temper a ton, and she can be pretty bossy at times.
Accessories: She has a necklace with a shard of Charcoal tied to the string.

Well, what are you waiting for? Make a bio and join Kai, Rickey and Lexie and many other wonderful Pokemon in the Freedom Zone!

Well, this seems pretty interesting. I suppose that the plot will be a surprise for now.

Name: His name is Elgo.
Species: He is a Minun.
Personality: Often being described as an outcast and an introvert by others, Elgo tends to be rather timid and pessimistic; much to the contrary of his species. He tends to hang alone or with Paige, his faternal twin sister. His main form of communication consists of writing and sign language.
Accessories: He wears a silver necklace that has a small, foldable notebook on the bottom and has on a platnium bracelet around his right arm that snugly conceals his small, thick pencil that can be taken out for use.

Name:
Her name is Paige.
Species: She is a Plusle.
Personality: Being an extrovert and a social butterfly, Paige is often seen as being one beyond what her species typically is. She is usually the conversation starter and will always love to expand upon social communications to the extent of everyone else's abilities. She always tries to get Elgo, her faternal twin brother to get in with her in the events of social gatherings and conversations as much as she can before he eventually ends up crying and running to the nearest bush.
Accessories: She has on a light red scarf around her neck that has her name embroidered on it.

Name: Danny
Species: Phantump
Personality: fun and playful as well as friendly and courageous at times, however he can be quite stubborn and prefers to be in a group
Accessories: his stump is white with red leaves and his skin or ghost aura thing is light blue and has green eyes,he where's a green and white striped scarf
1501137005252-1517934776.jpg

Name: Penny
Species: Audino
Personality: she is a caring and sweet she knows how to bake and is able to heal wounds of others she is very friendly and acts like a big softy but is and weak and doesn't know how to fight
Accessories:she has tan and blue skin and has pink and light blue eyes and where's a red pearl with leafs on it
1501137830701-779729442.jpg

Name:Rouge
Species:Riolu
Personality:Rough and brash, he doesn't fool around with jokesters. He is serious, and will only battle opponents he deams tough.
Accessories:Rough wears a weird anklet around his neck with blinking lights.

Name:Serene
Species:Cottonee
Personality:Funny, outgoing, but, If you mess with her, She will make sure you're punished by her Mega Drain.
Accessories:Serene wears a headband with a seed strapped to it.

These are actual Pokesonas that I made, but all of them are in last evolution. Serene evolves, but only because Rouge drags her into the cave along with (If you'll allow it, I can live without.) Lexie. (You know, fire types.) And accidentally hits a sun stone. :p

Here's mine:

Name: Rikki
Species: Ponyta
Personality: Kind, shy, not very serious. She's more carefree, but mature at the same time.
Accessories: She wears a purple anklet with leaves on it. Also, she has blue-ish flames instead of red.

Name: Arid
Species: Murkrow
Personality: Shy, timid, usually described as an introvert.
Accessories: She wears a platinum necklace with a jewel attached to it, and has a pouch that she carries books in.

Last edited:
Name: Cesar
Species: Phanpy
Personality: Since he is a little young, he loves to explore. He is very energetic and likes to play with others, but he might be a little shy.
Accessories: He wears a red bowtie.

Name: Flora
Species: Deerling (Summer Form?)
Personality: She is friendly, and never attacks. She is also overprotective of herself and her friends, and stands up against bullies.
Accessories: She wears a seafoam green sparkling bow.

Well, that can work even though that's not how Phantump evolve...

Another thing, if you think someone would be interested in this RP, let them know and tell them about it! I think I have a few people in mind....

Okay. So, we need one more person to make a bio (or two, since everyone but me did that, I made three of course) before I start this. Go find a good RP'er to fulfill this role!

May if I join?

Name: Kestrel.
Species: Ruflet (he will not evolve).
Personality: Proud and loyal. Though he is not the best partner to talk, being sometimes too much vain, he'll do everthing to help a friend.
Accessories: He wears a light blue bandana around his neck.

Name: Drakar.
Species: Salandit, though she will evolve later.
Personality: Quite rude and manipulative. She'll do everything to achieve her objectives. She will help the others as long as they gave her something in exchange.
Accessories: A silver bracelet, that normally drops from his frontal left paw. She has a white pamela and a dark handbag too.

Name: Hon' Chi.
Species: Jangmo-o, though he'll evolve later.
Personality: a peaceful Jangmo-o that is always pleased if someone ask for help. He likes to meditate and exploring. He is proud of his strength.
Accessories: nothing, but the bottom of his hearted-shape scale is blue. If he can evolve, his orange decorations will instead be of a light blue color.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Name: Mirage
Species(must be an unevolved Pokemon with no evolution experience whatsoever): Zorua( she has to evolve but she doesn't know how.)
Personality: Mirage is very protective when it comes to her friends. She normally is happy and chooses her friends wisely.
Accessories: none

Well, it seems like we have quite the group here.

I was going to make another character, but before I do... I was wondering if I could use an unused/scrapped Pokémon for this RP that was made back in Gen 2. (More information will be specified about this Pokémon, as I have staff approval to use it already. If he isn't allowed to be used, I will perfectly understand.)

I can't make a conversation with you, so I suppose I'll have to specify it here with his info sheet I have on him since not even the other sites have that much information... (Aside from his picture but that's really it, so I expanded upon him a lot.)

Well, nobody thinks about it because they're long forgotten. (I'm probably the only one that has even heard of a Kurusu in the first place!)

I'll upload the picture if desired, and I will be presenting quite a bit of information about him.

Yes, you are indeed correct! Kurusu was intended to be the original Water starter for Gen 2, but Totodile took his spot.

I'm still grabbing my text file full of Kurusu's juicy information since I have quite the notepad here on my laptop.....

Okay, that will be fine. I don't know about admitting Kurusu because it's not a licensed Pokemon, and I made rules about that. Breaking my own rules would make me a hypocrite.

Like I said, you don't have to allow me to use him since I said that right at the first part... I was asking if I could since he's kinda in the middle of being an official Pokémon and a Fakemon technically speaking since he was scrapped.

I was planning on using my Froakie character as a rival for the RP, though I might need to tone him down a bit since I can't be having him throw around smoke bombs like a SWAT officer now can I?

Reserve a spot for me!

Name: Giselle

Species: Ralts (Will evolve into Gardevoir)

Personality: Giselle is a very kind, loving, and caring girl, who plays around with mean words to her friends. But on the inside, she's just joking. She loves everyone, and likes to joke around a lot. She often blushes, wether something nice is said, or if a nice action is done. She likes to pretend she's a professional dancer, for she loves to dance, and she likes to think she's a celebrity singer, for she loves to sing. She also ends up harvesting a crush for Rickey.

Accessories: Giselle has long hair, that flows to her shoulders, as if she's wearing pigtails. She wears a pink scarf, and often adjusts it, so it's comfortable. She usually has her eyes hidden, but sometimes she shows her eyes, very rarely.

Here's a picture of what she looks like.

viva_the_ralts_by_miz_robyn.jpg

Name: Blitz
Species: Charmander (Later evolves to Charizard)
Personality: Nice, A bit shy at first although he is trustworthy
Accessories Holds a quick claw, It's belly is grey and it's orange part of the body is black and it has a blue flame