• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Hunted

Musa growled trying to grab the letter back from Kumo, who held it above his head, Musa stood up to try and grab it but Kumo held him back smirking. "Your so short Musa.." he laughed, Musa growled more. "Stttttoooopppiiiiit!!" He whinned, reaching to try and get the letter.

"Please please pleaseeeee!!" He whinned more, "Who taught you to be such a child hm?" Kumo asked standing up. Musa stomped his foot, glaring up at Kumo. "You! Always treating me like a child!! Trying to be my mother or something!?" He glared at Kumo, who raised his eyebrow. "Your Mother! Watch your tongue!" Kumo narrowed his eyes. Musa waved his arms around fumming, "Seee!!! Like THAT! Just like that you!-Argh" Musa turned and crossed his arms pouting.

Kumo smirked, "Someones not getting his way..."

Morlaina was temporarily distracted by the ensuing temper tantrum twelve feet from her.

"Neh? Musa-san? What are you doing?"

Vicente, who apparently didn't appreciate being ignored, tugged on her hair. She slapped his hand away, her irritation quickly flooding back.

"Someone get Musa-san over here before I chop our contact's hands off."

Paul was tangled in confusion. "Doctor...? MUSA-SAN...?" The young boy was spiraling, sooooo many questions. "What exactly happened last night...?" he asked though his confusion.

Vicente grinned impishly and answered Paul before Morlaina could stop him.

"Oh not much. I shot Morlaina here, we attended a rather satanic meeting like swell old friends, patched her up at the hospital, was held at knife point by your crazy little friend over there," He pointed to Musa, "and escaped through a three-story window."

Morlaina pushed past him. "He's a contact and fellow competitor. Ignore everything else he says."

Musa glared death at Kumo, "Give me the letter!!!" He yelled in rage, tackling Kumo over again, Kumo laughed. "Im alot bigger and stronger than you Musa.." He teased, Musa twitched still trying to grab at the piece of paper in Kumo hands. "Give it!!" He whinned, Kumo chuckled, "Your cute when your insane, Like a deranged little Aye-Aye, trying to eat peoples skulls or something." Kumo held off Musa and stood up.

Musa struggled and growled, "Would someone kindly kill him or something!?" Musa kicked his legs and flailed as Kumo held him up with one hand by the wrists. "God your energentic Musa-Sama...Now now, you know better than to speak that way of your Sempai!" Kumo laughed jeeringly, setting Musa down, who pouted. "I hate you.." Musa turned away again. "Yeah yeah.." Kumo waved his hand and rolled his eyes.

Morlaina was torn between the childness of Vicente and the crazed mini-fight between the two crazy men by the front counter. They were beginning to attract a lot of stares.

"Oi!" She called out angrily to the two, "Finish up your lover's spat and get over here! I'm this close to castrating the lot of you!"

She rubbed her forehead, wishing Illumil was here. Another girl to help control all the guys would have been greatly appreciated.

Paul decided to take Morlaina's word for now, she seemed to be in primo-condition. Besides, he'd rather believe an ally then a somewhat devilish doctor. "I'll take your word, Morlaina-san. His story is rather bizarre and far fetched."

Morlaina breathed out slowly, as if it pained her greatly to not start screaming again.

"Thank you," She told Paul sincerely. "I'm glad you belive me and not Vicente-teme over here."

Musa blinked tilting his head to the side, then called out, "Whats a castrating?" Kumo grabbed Musa's wrist pulling him over, "You dont want to know just listen to the woman!" Musa tilted his head at that, "But..what..is..it..?" He pouted curiously. Kumo didnt answer he just stood around the crowd of people that had called them over. Musa blinked, trying to figure out what Castrating meant when he noticed Kumo's gaurd was down and he grabbed the letter from his hands.

"Look!! He got one to!" Musa said handing the letter to Morlaina, then he turned red, "Hey..What do you mean lovers spat? And whats a Castrating?" Kumo whacked him over the head. "OW dammit, What?" Musa seethed rubbing his abused head. "Don't ask stupid questions and why did you take my letter! It was mine!" Kumo glared, Musa glared back and hissed, "I should kill you!" He twitched.

Morlaina glared them both down.

"Look," She said with as much patience as she could gather, "I haven't had coffee or breakfast yet today. I was rudely shocked awake by this baka over here, and I can't deal with childish behavior right now. Shape up." She looked down at the letter in her hand, frowning viciously. She crunched it up and tossed it to Vicente. "It's real, correct?"

Vicente unfurled it and scanned it. "Yep," He said cheerfully, throwing it back to Kumo. "About as real as your temper. You should look into chewing some ice, lady."

Morlaina glared at him, barely restraining herself from uttering something incredibly profane.

"We need to get some things straightened out. It'd be perfect if Illumil was here, but it appears as though she's still sleeping."

The extange of all of these emotions was making Paul's head spin. "Koishii Joutei... " he muttered to himself. He too wish Illumi would arrive, so he could have somebody to relate with.

Musa laughed somewhat and bowed his head in apology. He looked at Kumo and glared elbowing him, who bowed his head in pain. "So what is it that we need to straighten out..Oh yeah your the crazy doctor guy..." Musa glared at him, "the one that made me take my shirt off! I hate that so much.." Musa pouted. "He What?" Kumo twitched, Musa tilted his head up. "Uhh..Well he shot Morlaina, and then I had to take my shirt off to stop the bleeding.." Musa nodded.

Kumo put his hand on his hip and lowered his voice, "Why are you hanging out with homicidal maniacs exactly?" He raised his eyebrow, Musa laughed, "Its really a long story but..I guess we can trust him..Sort of.." Musa shrugged, Kumo sighed and shook his head.

"This is why you never call me when you leave, if I wasnt already involved in this, I would be dragging you away right now." Kumo poked Musa's forehead who hissed, "I Know" Musa glared. Kumo looked at the shorter boy grimly.

The elevator doors parted, and out fluttered Illumil, this time dressed in a blue tube top and a pair of khaki shorts. She spotted Morlaina, giggled, and buzzed around everyone's heads.

"Good morning everyone!" she sang. She came to an abrupt halt in front of Vincente's face. "Oh, my, who is this?"

Paul know ignore Illumi, hearing the truth pouring from Musa's mouth. "You were shot! Which means..." The poor kid now suffered an internal conflict with himself, for many other questions had re-appeared.

Morlaina about screamed "Hallelujah" when Illumil came flying up to them. It took all of her self-control not to hug the little fairy.

"Thank the deities you're here," Morlaina exclaimed. She glared at Vicente. "He's a fellow contestant--who shot me, by the way, yes, Paul-san, he did--and he'll be our contact within the organization. We were just heading to the bar."

Kumo glared at Musa, "You've been going to Bars? What kind of people are these anyway?" Musa groaned, "Ohh I just had water!" He sighed. "So are we all going together to talk there?" Musa asked tilting his head to the side.

Morlaina nodded, glad that some form of sanity had returned to her.

"Yep. Don't worry, no one's been drinking."

She led the way to the front doors and towards the bar, knowing they were making quite a procession and that people were likely staring.

Illumil hovered in the same reletive position to Vincente's face and blinked at Morlaina.

"You were shot!?" she exclaimed. She spun to face Vincente again. "You shot her!?" She spun back to Morlaina. "You were shot!? Are you okay?"

Paul woubled into the bar, hair out of place and his eyes looking ghostly. "All I need now is a jug-full of tea... A nice, massive, cold jug of herbal tea..." he mumbled. He looked at the back of Morlaina, he couldn't wait 'till they sat down in a seat.

Morlaina paused and lifted her shirt just enough so that Illumil could see the bandages wrapped around her waist.

"I'm fine. A bit sore, but fine."

Vicente knew people were glaring at him. He raised his hands in self-defense. "Hey, I've already told them: if I hadn't shot her in the side Jaen would have shot her in the forehead."

"Which reminds me," Morlaina cut him off coldly, "You're going to tell us who Jaen is the moment I have some coffee in me."

Kumo and Musa bickered about random things as they walked, Musa getting so fed up he made Kumo almost trip. Musa laughed deviously at his trick, Kumo eyed him wearily, plotting revenge. Musa watched the people look at the group of them as they walked to the bar, he laughed nervously and looked down. He hated people starring, at least he wasnt in his pajama's this time though.

Musa sat down on one of the seats and rested his forehead against his arms curled infront of him. Kumo raised his eyebrow sitting next to him.

Morlaina signalled for Smitty to bring her the strongest coffee he had in stock before she even sat down. He brought it to her post-haste, perhaps noticing her expression, and handed her a veritable mountain of sugar and cream. She thanked him as he went about, taking orders.

Vicente tried to take the seat next to her, but she put her arm out and blocked him.

"Oh, no, you don't. I'll strangle you if you remain within three feet of me. Paul-san sits next to me; you sit on his other side, where I can't reach you."

Musa looked at everyone tiredly, sitting at the table. He yawned and leaned the back of his head against Kumo's shoulder, figuring he just needed his ears and not his eyes to listen. Kumo blinked at him then looked away. "So why did I get that weird letter...What is this all about really.." Kumo asked crossing his arms, making sure not to disturb Musa's position against his shoulder.

Kumo surveyed everyone at the table with a glaring eye, his protective nature coming in.

Vicente sighed. "I had no choice. Jaen's bullet would have reached her before my fist did. Besides, now she has a nice pretty scar to remind her not to go chasing after shady people at night into old, abandoned cellars without backup."

Morlaina muttered something that sounded suspiciously like, "Shady people don't ask what shady people are doing." She turned to Kumo.

"An event is happening currently, centered around the Mason's Hotel. You're considered a 'participant' if you receive the letter." She smirked viciously at Vicente. "I'm sure he can tell you more about it. He's pretty buddy-buddy with the higher-ups."

Paul sat down next to Morlaina, as she instructed him to. He ordered for a big glass of herbal tea as soon a Smitty came with the coffie order. Though, he did feel a bit uncomfortable sitting next to a deranged doctor that beared a gun.

Musa opened one of his eyes, "He's lucky he shot her because if Morlaina wasnt mortally wounded I was about to bash all their heads in with a metal bar.." He grumbled, snuggling against Kumo's shoulder. Kumo ordered them two waters, knowing Musa wouldnt have anything else.

"So...This event..what is it..?" Kumo asked, sipping the water when it came to them.

Vicente grinned at Paul in a feline manner before turning to the group at large.

"The 'event' was meant, in its most basic form, to gather the strongest warriors the world had to offer and pit them against one another. Recently, however, that plan seems to have been cast out. Only the leader--who I have yet to meet, though context clues lead me to believe he's a middle-aged man--knows what the 'event' is really about now, though some high-ranking officials of the organization speculate that the powers and abilities of the participants are subject to be drained and subsequently stolen. That's all I know about the 'event' itself."

"Jaen and Illo, who I met with in the slums the other day, are two such officials. Jaen is in charge of the gathering of the participants, and Illo is in charge of seeing to it that they are comfortably situated. From what I can gather most officials have a link to this hotel--Illo, for example, is the nephew of the owner, and Jaen herself is his cousin. There is one other official with whom I met, but I have yet to discover who he is. That's all I know."

Illumil floated down and sat cross-legged on the counter as Vincente spoke. She glanced at Kumo and Musa for a moment, giving him a giggly smile before turning back.

Sucking the tea directly from the cup, Paul now felt refreshed and somewhat seddled. "The world's strongest, you say?" He looked at the bunch, then turned back at Vicente. "He must have many resources. We all seem rather different from eachother culture-wise."

"Excellent, otherworldly sources is what I think," Morlaina said. She ordered more coffee. "I'm practically unknown everywhere. He'd have to do some serious digging to find me."

Vicente frowned, eying her. "You were in the War, weren't you?"

Morlaina spat hot coffee all over the counter. She looked at him suspiciously; warily. "How did you know that?"

Vicente shrugged. "He has files on you. On all of you. It's how I knew who you were."

Kumo closed his eyes thinking for a moment. "Does anyone here have any sort of enemy that would have reason to do this..Maybe they want to find someone..It may not be great resources, it might just be some sort of plot to find someone they know is strong..Yet dont know who they are..This sort of thing has been going on for years behind the curtains of things..Though thats usually before big tournaments to eliminate competition." Kumo finished, drinking more of his water.

Kumo looked down at Musa, "Stay awake, I dont want to explain everything to you later." Musa looked up and glared, "I am awake..I heard every word of your gigantic speech mister president.." Musa stretched cracking his back he sat up straight rubbing his eyes. "So you cant know for sure what the event is...?" He asked Vicente, pouting.

"That's the point. If you don't have your powers, your abilities, you're practically defenseless. Think, of all that power in one person..."

Vicente frowned, deeply disturbed, before continuing. "I think he might be trying to become a god, a deity of some sort." His frowned deepened, as if something about that notion personally disquieted him.

"And no," He told Musa. "I can't be certain unless I either meet the leader, or until the 'event' itself begins."

Brow-raises seemed to be in popular demand today; or for Paul at least. "Flies? On me? But how, I bathe and wash my clothing regularly..." The lad quickly took another sip of tea, before he lost his cool once again.

The boy now sported an embarresed expression on his face. "Oh, I apologise. Please excuse my remark." Paul started to pick at the gash on his cheek, to distract himself from his own misunderstanding.

Musa smirked, "Hehe Well I came here on a whim so At least im not a target!" he giggled deviously. Kumo coughed, "Uh..Yes you are.." Musa looked over, "Wha..?" He asked raising one of his eyebrows. "You got a message like that in the mail but I threw it away becuase I didnt want you to leave, it was coincidence that you decided to go anyway.." Kumo took another sip of his water.

Musa pouted, "You!..Big!...Snooper!" Musa turned away pouting crossing his arms. Kumo smirked, "Yes very effective, im so hurt Musa.." Kumo poked the pouting boy in the back with his finger. Musa glared at him, his taunt ruined.

Morlaina smiled slightly at Illumil, deciding not to put a damper on things like she usually did.

Vicente, on the other hand, stared at her oddly.

"And what is it, exactly, you do?"

Morlaina quickly began drinking her coffee, deciding it was better to act as though she hadn't heard his stupid question. She patted Paul on the arm.

"Don't feel bad," she consoled him as she finished off her coffee. She ordered her third cup.