• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Lost Realm (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon)

Malphas didn't sleep the whole night. He was too worried about how to start his business. He got up as slowly as he could, trying not to wake up Aepora or the Pichu that were sleeping there. He went out the treehouse, fly a little bit, circling the house and landed near the entrance of his shop, yet still, closed, yet still, in construction. The same workers than the last day were approaching to him. Malphas welcomed them, tilting his hat as a sign of courtesy, and started to explore the village. Nothing got his attention. It looked like there was some Pokemon hurt or injured, but he didn't approach. He was not the type of Pokemon that offered his help unless he could get some profit or was a Pokemon that really care about. But he listened to the Toucannon's announcement. So he is the mayor, isn't he? He thought. As fast as he heard it, he started to fly as fast as he could to his house, shouting while he took all the bags with articles to sell. "Aepora! We have no time to lose! An exploration team is coming. It's a priority to open the business!!"

Malphas didn't lose his time. As he took all the bags with products to sell, he entered the bigger tree. That floor was finished; it had something he asked for: a small bar, chairs and tables for the customers, a noticeboard and even a small area apart from that bar, that it was going to be the place where the shop was going to be open; everything decored with night ornaments. One of the constructors took notice that the Honchrow was inside. "Excuse me, sir... We'll finish by midday, but you should stay out while..." Malphas started to talk then, while he was putting some articles on the shelves of the shop. "Oh no, I need this business open as fast as I can. An Exploration Team is going to come to the Village and I can't lose this opportunity." After some minutes arguing, the constructor let him stay on that floor. The constructor kept on talking then. "So... Do you like it? And how about... The name of the local". Malphas stopped his work. "I like the decoration. If I am sincere... This is much better than what I expected."He stayed silent some seconds. He didn't think thought about the local's name. Then, he remembered that Honchrows and Noctowls were Pokemon that were related to the night, so it would be a good idea a name related to it. "Eh... The Crescents Moons".

The Noctowl took an empty bag and went to the entrance of the treehouse. He looked how the construction was going. The other treehouse (his treehouse) was already finished, so the second floor of the business, the one that was going to have some rooms for those Pokemon that were visiting the Village and needed some place to sleep or stay some days, should be almost finished too. Then, Aepora went to the Entrance of the Creek Forest. "Alright, you know what you have to do". He said to himself. He was going to enter, but after a few steps, he recoiled again. He was fearful that he wasn't strong enough to make it through, so he waited at the entrance of the Forest, waiting for some Pokemon that could help him to go to Tanzanite Town and then return with the articles Malphas needed.

The duo walked towards the entrance. By the time they were there, they noticed Aepora at the entrance. "Oh! Birdie!" Bastet ran off.
Huh? A Noctowl? Ryari followed. She also acknowledged his presence, "Greetings."

Last edited:
Ken looked down at Psy. "Don't worry, we won't kill you. She was meaning to place you down. You okay?" Ken said, as he was putting ice on the wounds and wrapping the wounds without ice.

Malphas hurried to put in order all the items on the shelves. When he finished, he went upstairs and asked the constructors. "Is it finished?" One of the constructors, a Mienfoo, answered. "Yeah, we are practically finished here. It's been kinda hard, but the result is very goo, in my opinion at least." Malphas laughed and then returned to the base floor. Then, he opened the door and shouted. "The Crescent Moons is officially open". The constructors went out of the shop.

Aepora approached the duo. "Oh, hello. Are you new around here? Me too. Eh... I hope you don't mind but... My boss and I are running a new business in the Village, but we have to go to Tanzanite Town in order to... Replenish some of our orbs that broke with the earthquake of yesterday night. I would like to go to our old shop and take some new ones. But I don't think that I can do it all alone. I would need... Some help going to Tanzanite Town." The Noctowl said, quite shy.

Ryari nodded, "We have time. We're just trying to get to the village on the other side of the forest." She turned to Bastet to see if she agreed, apparently none of her attention was towards the conversation.
"...Guess she's content with the idea."

"Really? Oh dear Arceus, a lot of thanks." Aepora said, happily. He looked at his clock. "If we go by now, we can be back again before lunch time. Then, he jumped and started to fly to the forest. "Maybe I can convince Sam to give you something in reward. He's a very good Braviary, you'll see."

The entrance to the Fores was very calm. He headed the way, but he realized after some minutes that he had no idea where he was going. He had started following a path, but when he look to the ground again, there was no path. "Eh... Do you know where are we? I think I... I am a little lost."

Ryari followed, Bastet on her back once more, they looked around.
"I'm not familiar enough with the area to know where we are," the Absol sniffed around. "Do you happen to know any methods to point north? A map, maybe?"

"I wish I had a map..." Aepora said, worried. "But I wonder if... His eyes started to lit with a pink gleam. "I can see that we've come to a dead end. If we head right... No, it's not a good idea. There's a bunch of Pokemon that looks quite angry and... We should go to the left." His eyes came back to normal after that vision. Aepora landed and started to head the way again. After a few zigzag steps, he started to walk straight again. "Sorry, it's just that... Sometimes using my Psychic Powers gives me headaches or makes me feel dizzy."

The group followed the way. The wide path started to get narrower and narrower. In front of them, there were three new paths. "The path seems very calm right now. It is very strange, but I guess that a lot of Pokemon went out of the area after the earthquake. Leave me a moment." His eyes started to shine again. After a few seconds of silence, he talked. "It seems like the path that we need to take is th..." From a near bush, a pair of Ratattas appeared, jumping and attacking Aepora, that shouted. Other Ratattas appeared from behind the trees. In a matter of seconds, the group was surrounded by a bunch of aggressive Ratattas.

Ken looked back at Yellow and Glacia "I just woke up here. He collapsed and I helped him. My name's Ken. What are your's?" Ken said while walking up to the two.

"Well, I'm the wrong person to show you around. We could travel as a group. After all, two-or three-heads are better than one!" Ken said, all the while cleaning his cloak.

"This should be easy, they're pretty inexperienced," Bastet grinned, her confidence was shown as she prepared to use Assist on Ryari.
"Just help the Noctowl merchant up, they can make it difficult to pass through. Even at lower lev--"
"Alright, fine. Stop talking and follow your own advice for once," Bastet used Ryari's Swords Dance then used Scratch on a Rattata. She decided to help Aepora with his side of the situation on Ryari's command.
Ryari was too destracted as she was trying to handle one group of the ambush. The Absol calmly fought, trying to remember her training.

Aepora slowly opened his eyes as he was felt by Bastet, getting up again. He looked again to the paths. "The left one... Tanzanite Town is not quite far from here". The Noctowl said. He was feeling fine, but the attack took him by surprise. Instantly, he jumped and started to fly. First, he turned out and used Hypnosis on a Rattata, making for the group easier to defeat him. Then, he started to advance to the left path, using Confusions and Air Slashes, hitting to other Pokemons. In the meantime, some Ratattas have attacked him too, so he was hurt, but nothing that he couldn't handle with. But he didn't go too far. Another bunch of Rattatas, lead by a Ratticate, stopped his progress. "Where do you think you are going? Have you returned for more?" The Ratticate, clearly been the leader of those Rattatas, said. "I don't know what you are talking about. I promise!" Aepora shouted. "Blah blah blah. Sure... I don't believe it. My fellow followers, attack!"

The Absol was tired, her cloak was slightly covered in dirt, the ambush took some time to get through despite level differences. "Don't call us your followers please," Ryari sighed, but was in agreement, "And Raticate, you're clearly mistaken, none of us have no idea what you're talking about. If you wish to keep attacking, go ahead, though you're the unintelligent one you have a disadvantage against us between me, the Noctowl and--"
Bastet interrupted, not wanting to hear Ryari continue and see if the Rattata wanted to speak, "Enough talk, enough conversing. I'd like to get to an actual challenge."
"Hm? An actual challenge?" The Raticate glared, still hostile, "Don't you understand the situation you're in?"
"Word of advice: Ignore her for... Yeah, she's not that bright," Ryari tried to act sincerely while talking to Raticate. Ryari's red eyes, now dull, were gazing at Bastet, "Look, we don't have time for your naive games... So don't try anything," Ryari growled under her breath. She then turned to the Raticate, "Listen Raticate--"
"Heh! TOO LATE!!" Bastet used Fury Swipes, trying to get the Raticate's attention. She lunged at the Raticate as it tried to block and jump back. They both traded attacks and occasional dodges.
Just perfect... It could've been a peaceful conversation, Ryari thought as she finally gave up trying to talk sense into the situation. "So, we're fighting this overgrown rat now?" Her attention turned to Aepora as Bastet shouted a battle cry.

"It looks so... I mean... If we want to go to Tanzanite Town the only thing we can do is fighting, right?" Aepora said to Ryari. The Noctowl approached both of his friends and used Reflect. "This should be helpful." Then, he continued attacking the Ratattas, until he reached the Ratticate. "Listen, we are heading to Tanzanite Town, our intentions never were attacking you or stealing. So, please, stop this nonsense." The Ratticate ignored his pleadings, as he commanded the two Rattatas closest to him to attack the bird. Noctowl avoided both of the attacks due to his flight. He continued using Air Slashes, trying to defeat some of the Ratattas.

Malphas was a little bored. Nobody had entered his new business. He took a small blackboard and a chalk that the builders left him due to his incredible inversion with them. He started to write:
We welcome you to The Crescent Moons.
Come and enter into our shop, specialized in exploration items.
We have offers and sales due to our recent opening.
Just ask us about them.
We also have a café.
Enter and enjoy of some of our drinks and food.
Finally, we offer hotel service.
Come in and ask for our prices.
Once he wrote all, the Honchrow went out and put the blackboard in front of the store. Then, he went again to the bar of the café.

Ryari jumped back from one of the Rattata's, one after another she used Slash and Bite on them. Getting annoyed, she shouted, "OKAY. Raticate! Just quit it already before I decide to attack!"
The Raticate wasn't listening, as Bastet was still fighting them. Her Assist now varied of using either Ryari's Bite or her own Fury Swipes attack. It seemed as though Bastet was starting to get worn out from fighting, but she could keep up slightly. Bastet was often struggling to dodge, accidently getting caught between Rattatas and Raticate.
"Ugh... These idiotic low-lives..." Ryari mumbled standing still, while her eyes now glowed a bright blue and then faded to a normal brilliant red. It would be awhile before the attack were to happen, so she kept fighting and attempted to warn Aepora, "Noctowl, keep your distance from Raticate for a bit. I've already set something up, you could get caught in it."
====
(Just so you know, the move Ryari set up, I checked and Absols can learn the move at Level 1--At least in Sun and Moon, I don't know about other games)

Last edited:
Aepora heard Ryari. He nodded, although probably the Absol didn't see him. He flew a little, going far from the Raticate while he used Air Slashes to distract the Ratattas. Once he was far enough, he decided to stand on a branch, using Extrasensory. Tough the movement didn't defeat the Ratattas, some of them started to be confused, hitting them or some of their companions. At that point, the fight was a completely chaotic. With a little bit of luck, everything would end soon.

Malphas was bored. He was reading a book, bored. "Please... don't tell me that I made this big inversion and nobody is coming. I think I need to publish it better. But I can leave it all alone by now." The Honchrow said for himself. "I'll wait for Aepora to come". He said, after a few minutes of silence.

Bastet didn't hear Ryari talking to Aepora, as she kept using Scratch to get the Raticate away. She then used Assist and used Ryari's Sword Dance followed by using Fury Swipes. The Raticate was now gasping for breath, they looked around noticing Rattatas were hitting themselves or their allies.
"What in the name of Arceus?" Ryari paused as a few of the Rattatas she was previously occupied with started to hit themselves. Some even passed out right in front of her. "That Noctowl must've done something--Well, it doesn't matter. The surprise attack should be enough to stop the Raticate entirely."

After some time, the Raticate and Bastet were still fighting until a mysterious beam of light struck them. The Raticate was now startled, breathing heavily and covered in bruises. Bastet stopped as well, trying to catch her breath before shouting at Ryari. "What the!? Ree-ree, you could have killed me!" Bastet was shouting as the Raticate just watched, it appeared to be speechless.
"You're a Dark-type, all I did was use Future Sight. Even if it hit you, you'd still live... Also, don't call me 'Ree-ree'."
"Hahaha! Nah," Bastet looked around noticing Aepora was okay, sitting in a nearby tree, "...YOU WARNED THE NOCTOWL THOUGH! You could've warned me!"
"Again, that didn't seem necessary. Even with your lack of experience, it's basic knowledge Psychic moves won't hurt Dark-types."
Bastet growled then looked at the Raticate, "We can at least end this. Can I knock them out?" She raised her left paw with claws extending from it, a sly grin appeared across her face.
"Don't. It's possible it was just a misunderstanding."
Bastet sighed, the grin faded into a look of disappointment, "Fine! Buzz kill..."
Ryari looked around trying to get Aepora's attention, "Noctowl, I think the situation is sorted out now. It might be easy to talk with Raticate."

Aepora kept attacking until Ryari made his attack. All the Ratattas, or at least the few ones that were not hurt or were injured during the fight started to flee from the combat. Then, the Noctowl saw that his partners were arguing. "Hey! Stop! We had enough with this fight, didn't we?" Then, he approached to the Raticate. "Well, I guess you aren't in the position to fight, so... Can we just talk?" The Raticate didn't say anything; instead, he looked away. "Why did you attack us?"
After some seconds of silence, the Raticate looked again to the Noctowl. "Isn't it obvious? You are the ones that came into my territory! And we don't have supplies. At least, after the last night. Someone stole most of our supplies and food." Aepora looked worried. "Oh... So that's why you attacked us? You were wrong. We are just heading to Tanzanite Town. I have to go for business and they are helping me to reach the Town." The Raticate muttered after hearing the Noctowl. "S... Sorry" The Raticate said. Then, he fled. "Well... That was... Unexpected. Well, at least Tanzanite Town is near. Let's go!" Aepora said, starting to head the way.