• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Marriage Of Two Greats

Dear (Name),

You are cordially invited to the wedding of Itzal Ibarra Eneko, and Frederick Braithwhite

----

19th of December

----

Formal Dress

----

Don't Forget Your Pokemon!

------------------------------------------__________________________________________________
You have been invited to the wedding of Itzal and Frederick, two of the Nita region's strongest gym leaders. Friends, family, other gym leaders, elite four members, and even champions from across the globe have come to see them declare their love for one another. However, you aren't just here to attend a wedding--The Nita region needs a new elite four member, and Itzal and Frederick are going to find that new elite four member through a tournament, which will be held after their ceremony. Will it be you?

Rules:

1.) No shiny, mega, or legendary pokemon allowed. No, I don't care if you have permission, I don't want them in my RP.

2.) You cannot be the champion of Nita.

3.) No more than one pseudo legendary is allowed on your team, unless you can give me a reason why your character has so many.

4.) Aside from this, standard RP rules apply.

Name: Gitana Fernandez Carriendo

Pokemon: Oricorio (Baile), Ninetales, Talonflame, Chandelure

Relation to the couple: Friend

-----------------------------------------------

"Do you, Frederick, take Itzal to be your lawfully wedded husband? Will you love him, comfort him, and forsaking all others, support only him, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do."

"And do you, Itzal, take Frederick to be your lawfully wedded husband? Will you love him, comfort him, and forsaking all others, support only him, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do."

Gitana was still running through the ceremony in her mind. Ah, the wedding had been beautiful, and Itzal and Frederick's vows had left her in tears. Those two were absolutely perfect for each other, she knew it.

The reception had been notably quite grand too; a three course dinner, cooked by the very best chefs in Nita. And now, everyone was gathered in a small room, with the newlyweds stood on a balcony above them.

"First of all, we'd like to thank you all for coming," Itzal began, "And now that we've got you all here, we can discuss the tournament."

Gitana's eyes widened. Tournament? What were they planning....?

Name: Wilson Refft (Will)

Pokemon: Staraptor, Hawlucha, Noivern, Talonflame, Gliscor, Crobat

Relation to the couple: Personal Trainer

=========================================================================
The wedding was, well, a wedding. Will didn't like weddings all to much, but he had to go. When the wedding ended, Will was ready to leave until he heard one of his favorite words, tournament. It has been a few years since his last real battle, but man was he ready. "What's more to discuss?" He asked.

Itzal cleared his throat. "As you all know, due to an unfortunate incident, one of our Nita elite four has recently died," he said in his usual deadpan tone, "And so, a replacement elite four member is needed as soon as possible. Champion Carmen's orders were absolute."

Frederick took over for his new husband, as he sat back down. "And, as a wedding gift to us, she decided that we would get the honour of deciding who that new elite four would be. So, we decided that today, we'd host a tournament, to decide who that would be."

Gitana could barely believe what she was hearing. A tournament, for deciding the new member of the Nita elite four...She couldn't wait. She'd been wanting to become an elite four member all of her life. And now, she finally had the chance.

Name: Augustine Soren Van Franz

Pokemon: Dragonite, Gallade, Gardevoir, Togekiss, Porygon Z, Aegislash

Relation to the couple: Old family friend of Fredericks.
————————————————
Augustine (Augus for short) listened eagerly as the couple announced the tournament. A large grin covered his face as he adjusted the tie of his expensive white and purple suit. He spoke silently to himself. “This should prove interesting.”

Name: Aurora Snowpoint

Occupation: "Vice-Gym Leader" of Snowpoint City, Sinnoh (Younger sister of Candice)

Pokemon: Greninja (Protean), Weavile, Glaceon, Froslass, Staravia

Relation to the couple: Her older sister Candice is old friends with Iztal (Aurora is just accompanying)
-------------------------------------
The Gym Leader of Snow Point City has been old friends with Iztal, however she did not want to go alone - that is how Aurora ended up at this wedding. She felt very out of place, not knowing anyone really just from the TV or news. Aurora thought to herself: "What am I doing here? It is so crowded and noisy... all these people are absolute stars and who am I?"

In her dark blue elegant dress she sat alone in the corner, until she heard the word "tournament". Aurora's anxiety grew exponentially, as she knew that she desperately wanted to participate, without even knowing what the Prize was, as she loved battles! However she also knew that it would be against these strong and experienced trainers, whilst all battle experience she had is with magikarp at the nearby lake and with young trainers too weak to challenge her sister for the gym badge. She knew her Pokemon were strong, but she has never really used them in battle against people as in the gym she had to use appropriate ice type pokemon given to her by her sister. Staravia was also just freshly caught so its potential was a complete mystery. "What should I do?" Aurora thought, with the world passing by her as she contemplated a decision - until Candice gave her a nudge with an approving grin, saying: "do it!"

Frederick spoke up again. "So, everyone, we'll organise you into groups of four, he began, "Two one-on-one matches in each group. The winners of the matches within their groups will face each other, and then the winners of each group will battle until one of you remains. That one of you, will become Nita's newest elite four member."

Gitana glanced down at her most loyal partner, her oricorio. "This is really it," she began, "If we win this, my dream of becoming an elite four member will finally come true!"

Augus looked down on his prized pokeball, adorned with a guilded design and the symbol of hi family crest on the front of it. “Yknow I almost feel bad taking such a prestigious title from others, but who knows…. Maybe I will finally meet my match here.” He shrinks the pokeball back to its small size and puts it back in his pouch. “Maybe I should begin to meet a few of my opponents.” His attention is grabbed by the sound of an Oricorio, and he glances over to it and it’s trainer.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
( funny thing I actually is that IRL, the date of the wedding is also the date of my birthday)
Name: Galarzo

Pokemon: Incineroar, Decidueye, Primarina, Alolan Raichu, Lycanroc(Dusk), Garchomp

Relation to couple: Childhood friend of groom, the two stayed in touch when he moved

Galarzo looked on the competitors in the tournament and he laughed, "Well seeing as I have nothing else to do these days, I'l throw my hat in the ring." He then leapt down and asked politely, "So who is fighting first and is there any other fights going on now?" He knew that he wouldn't fight yet and he knew it was rude to crash the wedding and he apologized for his lateness, "Sorry I missed most of the wedding, I'm sure it was beautiful."

Gitana's oricorio chirruped affirmatively, as the newlyweds continued explaining the rules.

"In a little while, we'll have the first match ups displayed on screen," Frederick began, "So, please wait patiently, until you are all matched."

After hearing the prize for tournament victory, Aurora's heart almost jumped out of her chest and she took a deep breath, and held on to Candice standing next to her in order to not run away. "I am not ready for this, whatsoever," Aurora thought to herself, "I caught a glimpse of a former champion! If he is participating its over for me... please do not end up in the same group. The Oricorio trainer is also a renounced fire type trainer, I have no way to deal with that either with my frail ice types... what am I doing... its too late to pull out now." Aurora looked around with her hands colder than her ice type pokemon. She wanted to stand up and run, however, instead her legs carried her to meet the other competitors as if acting on their own in the pre-battle excitement!

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Galarzo took out Garchomp and petted it before putting it back. He then turned to Aurora and asked, "Are you nervous? If so than that's natural, I know a lot of people get nervous before a tournament but usually, those nerves help them win, and I believe you can win as well, but if we are pitted against each other I won't go easy." He began to laugh as she reminded him of when he fist challenged the elite four of Alola, he was nervous out of his mind yet he was able to win and become champion until the sixth challenger came and dethroned him. He then looked at the board and waited for the matchups to be decided.

"Is he talking to m... mee?" Aurora thought to herself when she heard Galarzo speak, "The champion sounds so confident... I wish his words are true but they sound so otherwordly - how can nervosity be helpful in any way?" Following a short mind lapse she remembered that not answering, especially such kindness, would be rude so Aurora responded: "Are you nervous to... too?" Aurora took a deep breath to prevent her voice from trembling, "I have seen you on TV, I watch as many battles as I can - I was jealous of your confidence and your strong pokemon..." Aurora did not know how to complete the sentence, so she continued by simply saying: "Please, do not hold back." Aurora was shocked about her own words, now she has done it, she thought. She turned her eyes to the board waiting for the matchups. Praying for the opponent to lack fire type attacks.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"I assure you I will fight with my full strength, that is if we are matched up," Galarzo replied while chuckling, knowing that he could relate to her, "I would be nervous if I wasn't so excited, I've been dying to meet more trainer' that could teach me a thing or too through their battles," Galarzo turned to Aurora, "A word of advice, there is always something we can learn and what I've learned about you is that you have a large amount of potential."

Will watched as the previous champion spoke. "Don't think he's all that strong. He did lose his position." Will had to keep his confidence down lower, as a form of mind games.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Galarzo then turned to Will, "Well that is true, I did lose my position, but I have been training ever since I lost, and now I'm here to help other young trainers become champion." He felt as if he had seen this trainer before and asked, "Aren't you the flying type master who refuses to be a gym leader, I've heard about you and I must say, you should be a great opponent."

Gitana strutted confidently towards the chattering trainers, Oricorio in tow. "I'm only a gym leader," she began, "But oh, it would be such an honour to become an elite four member! I'd finally get the position I've been dreaming of!"

She glanced around the room. The three remaining members of the Nita elite four were here as well. "Imagine standing on the same battlefield as the elegant dragon type master, Raul, or the lover of the ground, Figaro! And the great swordswoman, Kitri! I've been striving towards this my entire life! I've got my catchphrase planned, and everything!"

Gitana took her skirt in her hands, stamping her foot in a flamboyant, flamenco fashion. "In battle, I'll show the power of my burning dance!"

Will shrugged. "Not just Gym Leader. I've been asked to be in an elite four before. And I must say, I've seen your battles." Unlike others, Will made sure there were no to few records to any of his battles. Hope he's ready.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Well that's nice, I've considered becoming a gym leader and an elite four member but I don't want to be limited to a certain type of Pokemon." Galarzo said as he took out a disc and taught one of his Pokemon a new move. He hoped that Will would be enough of a challenge and he was okay with having records of his battles because he always tried to make each battle of his unique and even a little showy because he was used to being on T.V.

"A large amount of potential..." these words kept echoing in Aurora's mind and created conflicting emotions of joy and panic that she now had to live up to expectations, then she suddenly got distracted from her thoughts by the flamboyant fire type gym leader's stomping feet. "Oh gosh, a fire type gym leader! Please, just not her..." Aurora thought to herself, she did, however, admire such fiery passion for battle, and the beautiful dress. She almost broke into dance herself and just barely managed to keep her cool. She wanted to ask Candice for advice on how to deal with fire types, but her sister, the ice type gym leader, was already engaged in conversation with the other guests. Hence, Aurora listened in on the conversation between Galarzo and Will. On one hand, she thought that being matched up with a flying type trainer is the best potential matchup for her, on the other hand, she wanted great help with training her own Staravia, which she caught recently as it reminded her of the majestic Articuno. Aurora had no idea how to use Staravia effectively and knowing that she just has 5 Pokemon whilst everyone else could have 6 made her aware that she needed to maximize the strength of all her Pokemon.

Aurora released Staravia from its Pokeball, held it in her arms and asked Will hoping for a miracle: "Ummm, sorry to interrupt, but I heard you are a sensational flying type trainer... ummm... how do I say it, can you give me any tips on how they work?"

Will turned to the Staravia. With a small chuckle, he releaced his own Staraptor. "It's not how they work, its what style. They're hunters, so speed. Focus on the speed and agility." Staraptor took the time to launch into the air from his partners arm in a split second.

Staravia escaped Aurora's arms in an attempt to follow. It has a strong sense of pride but the ascension of Staravia seemed very clumsy in comparison to the elegance of Staraptor; as the smaller wings flapped at much higher frequencies. Nor could it keep up in any way. "Uhhh speed... this is very different to what I am used to" Aurora muttered. "I have some speedy pokemon, I will work on it... Thank you!" Aurora thanked the Flying Type Mastee cheerfully, not recognising her own self in the process. "It must be the competitive Spirit getting to me, just like my lovely Staravia which clumsily tries to keep up," Aurora thought to herself whilst watching closely the aerial motions performed by the two birds, especially the majestic Starptor.

As the Staraptor glided along the wind, watching from above, Will gave some more advice. "Well, your pokemons trying to head through the wind. Practice using it as a boost. Watch as Staraptor basically floats on the air moving around without trying, kinda." Staraptor continued to glide with it's wings outstretched and flying around. Then, noticing some people watching, took into a launch up into a drop fall. Before it hit the ground, the bird pokemon opened it's wings and swept forward gracefully back up and to a halt.

Augus approached the other trainers and observed the Staraptor before speaking to Will. “That’s quite an impressive maneuver, your Staraptor seems to be quite disciplined, and with such style!” Augus boasts before looking to Aurora. “And you! Don’t be afraid to give yourself some credit, that competitive spirit is a very important part of becoming a master! Trust me, I speak from experience.” He grins kindly to the two after speaking.

Aurora jolted a little in surprise as Augus approached them. She was so captivated by Staraptor's movements that the voice coming her way almost scared her out of her trance. Seeing that Staravia was getting tired whilst trying to keep clumsily keep up, she called it back to her Pokeball and turned quickly to Augus: "Tha... Thank you," she took a deep breath to remove the tremble from her voice as she witnessed a former elite 4 trainer whom she also followed TV, "It's just I am more confident with ice type Pokemon, they help me keep my cool - these flying types are completely new to me... And I am not even close to mastering them. But competition indeed always gets me fired up, so thank you! As you do not need any luck, may I just wish you to not hold back in any of your match-ups!" Aurora shuddered again at her own words, silencing up immediately. "I did it again..." she thought. The competition made Aurora barely recognise herself.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Galarzo went over to Aurora and commended her, "That competitive spirit of yours can be useful, don't forget to pat yourself on he back every now and then." He then turned to Will and looked happy, "I love the way that your Staraptor elegantly manevered through the sky, you should use your teaching abilities more." He then heard Aurora's words again and thought to himself, She is slowly becoming more confident, She needs to let this happen and to not be afraid.

Will held out his arm so the bird could land on it. The Staraptor obliged. "Why do you think I didn't become a gym leader? People need teaching." 'But now i'm ready' He thought. "When's the match-ups gonna happen?" (@Wandering Soul )

The curtains opened above the balcony again, and the newly weds appeared, along with a large projector.

"Thank you for your patience, everyone," Frederick began, "And now, here are the matchups for the tournament! Please find your opponents, and battle immediately!"

Gitana held her breath, as she waited for her profile to appear. Match-ups were being determined all too quickly.

Aurora VS Augustine

Will VS Gitana

Galarzo VS Margarita (An NPC)

Gitana smiled. "Well, this is it," and she whirled around, along with her oricorio, as she glanced at Will, "Think you can keep up with the rhythm of my burning dancing?"

Will saw his challenger. "As long as you can keep up with the birds of prey." Staraptor cawed in acceptance and took flight to battle. "Make your choice." He said, waving his arm. Staraptor started to soar around in the sky, ready for battle.

"With pleasure," and she took a great ball from her bag, "Chandelure, the stage is yours!"

Chandelure appeared in a flash of light, hovering by her mistress.

"Let's begin this show," Gitana began, "Chandelure, use will-o-wisp!"

Will watched as the Chaldelure attacked. "Whirlwind it back!" Staraptor dived forward, but quickly pushed forward at the Will-o-whisp knocking it back at the opponent. The strong bird also used the recoil blast to launch itself into a faster speed. "Now Arial Ace!" The Staraptor's wings turned white and it blasted at the Chaldelure.

"Thank God I didnt get matched with the fire type gym leader, it would be over already. But Augustine is not really much better. The battles are 4 against 4 I suppose (@Wandering Soul)? As Gitana also only has 4 Pokemon," Aurora thought to herself as she stared at the soon ensuing battle. She also caught a glimpse of Augustine in the corner of her eye, which sent a shiver down her spine. "Ok, who should I choose... I suppose I need to make conditions to my favor... " She mumbled in front of her self whilst observing the current competitors.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Fair enough," Galarzo noted, turning to the crowd and asked, "Where is my opponent? I want to meet them before the battle commences." He then found Margarita, his opponent. The two shook hands and then he took out a Pokeball," Garchomp, it's time to do this!" (@Wandering Soul what is Margarita's team, and I guess I'll control my opponent seeing as they are an NPC)

(@CosmicSouls it can be anything you like)

"Too bold a tactic," Gitana muttered under her breath, "Chandelure, dodge!"

The chandelier pokemon swung gracefully out of the way, hanging in mid-air.

Gitana watched as the staraptor came toward her pokemon with an aerial ace. This was going to be child's play.

She waited until the opposing pokemon was but a hair's breath away from her Chandelure. And then...

"Flamethrower!"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
(Okay thanks) "Sylveon, you're up!" Margarita called happily, "Sylveon use Dazzling Gleam!" The Sylveon obeyed as she relesed a sparkle of of light at the Garchomp. Galarzo then smiled and commended, "You're not the only one who came prepared, Garchomp, Poison Jab!" Garchomp's claw then became drenched in poison and as he rushed to the Sylveon, the blow was super effective, knocking the fairy type out.

Aurora, knowing her battle strategy, is continuing to watch, learn and take notes of the current battles running whilst waiting for her opponent Augustine to find her at this slightly quieter corner of the festivities. "Aha, aerial ace... ooh flamethrower right in the face that must hurt even if it is not super effective... OOH a Garchomp with poison jab, gotta look out for that, can't let that beast close..."

As Staraptor got close, a counter would be inevitable. At the first sound from his opponent, Will called, "Agility!" The bird pokemon gained major speed and launched itself forward. "Now continuous Ariel Ace!" Staraptor began to make sweeps at the floating fire type, not bothering if one hit or missed, it just continued at a very fast speed. It almost looked like a blur through the sky.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Margarita was distracted by the Staraptor's fast movements so much that she almost forgot to send out her next Pokemon, "I'm sending in Ninetales!" Galarzo noticed that this Ninetales was the one from Alola and right then and there he decided Garchomp had enough, "Tag out Garchomp, you were excellent. Incineroar, come clean up!" The heel Pokemon then came out and cracked his knuckles. She then went back to watching the Staraptor, captivated by its swift movements, Galarzo then took this opportunity and commended, "Incineroar, use Flare Blitz!" The Pokemon nodded as it became cloaked in fire and slammed into Ninetales, knocking her out. "That wasn't fair!" Margarita screamed, unhappy that she lost her Pokemon due to her distraction. The former champion shook his head, "It's only unfair when rules are broken, never take your eyes off the battle."

Aurora was entranced by Staraptors movements: "How long will it be able to keep this up?" She wondered, "It must get tired at some point..." That's when Aurora heard Margarita's scream which scared her out of her trance. "So Flare Blitz Incineroar; must watch out for it especially should I ever have to face it," thought Aurora and quickly jotted something unreadable down in her notebook.

"If you think you're getting out of this in one piece, you've got another thing coming," Gitana said coolly, "Chandelure, another flamethrower!"

The pokemon gracefully avoided the staraptor's attacks, swinging out of the way as it seemed to fly out of control. Chandelure was used to blind, furious attack streams coming her way, and was more than equipped to deal with them.

Will smiled as his pokemon kept one step ahead of the flamethrowers. Staraptor wasn't flying, he was gliding. But the Chandilure is dodging, getting tired. "Whirlwind at the Chandilure! Then Arial Ace!" Staraptor launched a Whirlwind to the Chandilure to knock it off balance, and flew right to the pokemon using the recoil of the Whirlwind to gain speed.