• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The New Frontier (A Space Odyssey Adventure RP)

Another one I've been sitting on here, but this is something I'd enjoy to have.
Before I introduce the Character sheet and any plots, I want to make myself extremely clear.
Do NOT join if you are NOT an experienced roleplayer. I don't want any noobs. Also, if you want to join, I expect you to be a regularly active member. That means don't do a post, get everyone hyped, then not post shit for the next day or two.
This is going to have DnD role playing aspects to this, such as leveling up, distributing points, and fighting. Remember, your characters can die, actually, pretty easily too. So you need to be strategic, as I am the Dungeon master, well, Game master, so I control all enemies, and determine whether you successfully kill it or them, or not. (Yes, I will be using d20 dice, but only that, to keep this simple).
I am going to be very picky for the rp. If I don't think you're good enough, then too bad. It's nothing personal.
Now, that's out of the way. If you've read this, then send me a pm. The message is 'Hal 9000'.

The year is 2056. As society begins to slow, and scientists move the doomsday clock even closer to midnight, the world's leaders take action. Trash builds up, global warming increases, and the planet suffers from over population.
The United States, United Kingdom, Japan, Russia, Canada, China, Korea, and Australia put their military and scientific heads together for a last ditch effort.
Building a massive space station, vessel, and separate supplies vessel, they send the station and supplies into orbit with one of their Chief Engineers.
Now, each involved Country loads a select individual from their own ranks to take on the stars. Their first destination is Mars, to make contact with the Terraformers that were sent decades before, whom have long since lost contact.
What will these 9 explorers encounter on their odyssey? Will they make successful contact with the Mars team? Will they find a new home for humanity? Or will their race die off, leaving them floating around in the cosmos for eternity?

We will only have a total of 9 characters in this rp. All are trained as Astronauts and have an intelligent understanding of science, mathematics, engineering, and the cosmos.

Here are your choices;
The American - @Jagson
The Canadian.
The Chinaman - @Koopa6000
The Korean.
The Russian.
The Brit - @Dave Strider
The Australian.
The Japanese.
The Chief Engineer (The Cuban)

Character Sheet-
Name:
Age (above 18 ):
Personality:
(Points to distribute- 25)
Strength(d20):
Charisma(d20):
Intelligence(d20):
Speed(d20):
Luck (d20):

Just to be sure that everything is a-okay (yes, I've read the rules), I just want to receive a confirmation from @StellarWind Elsydeon, just to check that I have an all clear on this.

Remember people, general Pokecharms rules apply. No autoing, no Mary sues (though that's kinda irrelevant for Astronauts), and please use correct grammar and punctuation. I'll try my best on that too, and fix my damn auto correct. Because auto correct sucks.

Last edited:
Character Sheet-
Name: Yin Lu
Age (above 18 ): 20
Basic Appearance: has medium length black hair, on the tall side a pretty fit
Personality: good at improvising, has a good sense of humour and very intelligent
Strength(d20): 3
Charisma(d20): 5
Intelligence(d20): 6
Speed(d20): 5
Luck (d20): 6

Also, what does d20 mean?

Last edited:
d20 is the dice system. Dice 20. I roll a 20 sided die, adding your points to determine a certain outcome.
For example, if you attempt to say, repair your suit quickly, Luck will be used. You have 6, say I roll a 10 with the d20. That equals 16, which in actuality, means you're successful. I'll let you know these outcomes through pming, so that you can continue as usual in the actual rp.

Country America
name: David Johnson
age 23
gender Male
appearance: Short blonde hair. He's tall and buff.
Personality Protects his team, though might look tough he's actually a very kind guy who will do anything for those he considers friends.
Strength 8
charisma: 7
intelligence :4
speed 3
luck 3

Last edited:
---Character Sheet---
Name: George Harolds
Age (above 18 ): 58
Basic Appearance: George, or more lovingly referred to as 'Georgie' wears the standard issue uniform of an astronaut for the UK. With silver hair and heavy wrinkles, he appears older than he really is.
Personality: Georgie is considered to be, by his crewmates, a 'cool grandpa'. It's very easy to get along with him, as he's quite the adventurous old man, with a passion for baking.
Strength(d20): 4
Charisma(d20): 6
Intelligence(d20): 7
Speed(d20): 3
Luck (d20): 5

I actually already took a look at this. Seems interesting, but with two RPs nearing their end, being part of four D&D campaigns (with two as the DMs), my other RPs being super active and lifeguarding camp taking up most of the day, I don't think I can fit this in.