• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Norris Ranch (Verdanturf Town. Hoenn Region.)

(thought i would jump in here, sorry)

Lloyd watched as the other trainer became uncomfortable again, 'Hello, i'm Lloyd' he said cheerily, jumping up off of the fence, he held out his hand in the hope of it being shaken. It took him a moment to realise that he had just interupted a well-flowing conversation, he attempted to withdraw into himself...

(very bad at this)

[[Yeah, you have to learn the value of waiting, but whatever. You'll pick it up as you go.]]

Kasleng took in Nicholas's answer and looked at the pokeballs. Hmmm... This posed a few ideas, didn't it?

When the trainer approached Kalseng, he decided it was best to be kind here, and he took his hand into a firm handshake. "Hi, Lloyd." Kalseng greeted. "I'm Kalseng." Kalseng then watched as the trainer retreated back to the fence, clearly upsetted by something.

Snorunt had found a fun activity to do, such as throwing various articles of Kalseng's clothing at pokemon. Snorunt threw Kalseng's shirt at Cubone, his Cape at Aipom, and was using his hat as some form of boat. After that fantasy had died down, she donned Kalseng's hat and began runnning around the ranch, calling out "Snorunt! Snorunt!" Every time she turned.

The creature was fine, until she fell into the lake. Then, she really did use Kalseng's hat as a boat. His hat had been specially made to be water proof, so that he could wear it through rain, so it functioned well. Kalseng leaped the fence like a hurdle and sprinted to the lake, witnessing Snorunt beginning to capsize (SP?). Before his hat had fully flipped over, Kalseng had plucked the Snorunt from her own little wattery grave. The pokemon was now dancing in Kalseng's arms, and cheered its name.

Kalseng bent over, and retrieved hi hat. After shaking the water off of his hat, he placed it back atop Kalseng's head. Snorunt then used an Icy Wind attack on Kalseng's hat, and it blew off, fluttering gracefully as it fell onto the lake. Kalseng sighed, and threw a pokeball at the waters. The ball burst open, sending a red laser beneath the gentle waves of the pond. Soon, his hat rose up from the waters, its rims still touching the surface of the lake, and was placed on the shore in front of the apprentice breeder and his pokemon.

"Thank you Dewgong," Kalseng said. His dewgong flipped through the air, and fell with a splash back into the lake. Kalseng smiled, and let him swim for a while. He grabbed his other pokeballs, and let his pokemon out so that they could have a bit of fun. Haunter stuck with Kalseng however, like a silent guardian. Swablu flew happily through the air, communing gracefully with the other bird pokemon.

Kalseng already had a great feeling about this ranch as he placed all three pokeballs onto his belt with the arm cradling his snorunt. It was hard to carry an egg and a pokemon at the same time. He needed to get something to help with that.

(okay, thanks for your patience :) )

Lloyd watched as the vivd display of pokemon all came out of Kalseng's pokemon balls, he was amazed at their different types, most of Lloyds pokemon were the normal or psycic type; spinda, zangoose, kirlia and mr. mime. He soon decided to release all of his pokemon to relax, he threw all 3 pokeballs into the air and they popped open releasing the rest of his pokemon. Zangoose jumped up to play with them, Lloyd let out a little smile as they went off not too far to play with the wild pokemon.

(i'm going to be away for about 10 days, i might be on once or twice though)

As the sun set on that peaceful day, a faint outline appeared on the horizon. It appeared to be the outline of a charging Rhydon, careening down the dirt path like a bat out of hell. Perched on the Rhyon's shoulder stood a panicked-looking trainer. The trainer was decked out in a stylish white suit with purple shoes and dress shirt, with a small pair of rectangular reading glasses perched percariously on his nose.

The screams of the odviously terrified trainer could be slightly be heard as the noise echoed across the plains. "Hurry up, Rhydon! If you don't, she'll be sure to find us!" The trainer screamed, and the large pokemon nodded, leaning forward and picking up speed. As the visage of the two came into focus, it became apparent they weren't alone. In front of the sprinting Rhydon, a smaller pokemon led the charge, a Nidorino. Beside the Nidorino, a Scyther buzzed, chopping down anything that might impede the Rhydon's process. Lastly, an Arbok sat, coiled around the Rhydon's thick, stone-like arm.

As the troupe passed the breeding grounds, at the command of the trainer the Rhydon came to a screeching halt, followed in suite by the Nidorino and Scyther. Within seconds, the frazzled-looking trainer leapt from his lofty perch, sprinted towards the fence, leapt over the fence and scrambled toward the group of trainers seemingly enjoying a pleasant conversation.

"Kalseng! Cody! Thank goodness I found you guys! It's Daniel, you know, from the festival?!" He spouted, seemingly out of breath. "Listen, you have to help me! Domino's back, and she has an entire army of Rockets behind her this time!" He continued, pointing at the road he was previously charging down on his Rhydon. "She says she's going to steal my pokemon for beating her! We need to hide!" He finished his panicked rant, looking at his two friends, and at the two other trainers, who looked at him, most likely wondering which psych ward he escaped from.

OOC- Hey guys, how's it going? Sorry about barging in like this, I needed to appease my rp fix. :)

OOC:Holy crap another page to keep up with xD

Zack looked at the new with the snow white suit trainer..."Hmmm familiar looking Nidorino"..."Cubo do you remember him?" Zack turned to Cubo who was still busy playing with Zangoose again. Zack than looked at the trainer in the white suit again..."Hey Im Zack...you say Dominoe is coming?" Zack raised an eyebrow through his silky blue hair. "Is that the lady your Rhydon threw into the lake at the end of the Festival?" Zack chuckled as he remembered that moment. "Well I can get my pokemon to help out."

Zack motioned for Cubo to get the other pokemon from the feild.This time Cubo was actually looking and within seconds Zack's entire team of pokemon was standing in front of the other trainers. "How far back were they did you say?" Zack now smiled as he thought to himself how perfect of a chance this will be to train Rio.

"Daniel....did you just escape from a psych ward?" Cody asked, tilting his head in amusement. "But, okay, I'll beleive you...I 'spose..." Cody hopped off the fence an approached Daniel. "Quite the sprint you had there too!" He laughed, sprinting was a popular hobby of Cody, as were most track and field events. "We probably won't need much to take down a few Rockettes..." (The New York Singing group, other people have heard of them right??!?!?) Cody sighed at his own lame joke.

"I assume you two have some form a battling skill right? " Cody asked Nicholas and Lloyd. "Daniel," Cody said, tossing an Ultraball into the air, "You come with me and Silver on Dream alright?" As he finished that sentance, a female Salamence appeared behind him. Thankfully, Silver was off his power run, and came leaping up to Dream's head.

"Kal, you stay here at the ranch huh? You seem to know it the best out of the three of us..." Cody climbed onto Dream, offering a hand to Daniel to help him up.

Kalseng cringed at the memories. Yes, he knew better than anyone here on this planet that he should never be allowed to battle. His battling experiences had not always been as pleasent as he had hoped.

After the incident with the dragons, he had discovered his potential. At the tournament, he realized his power. And after that, his view changed until he knew the truth. He realized what he had to do. He could no longer battle, for the safety of others.

How Kalseng could do any of the things he had done was beyond him. Even Haunter, who knew him better than he even knew himself, could not tell Kalseng what happens. What happened. Kalseng could feel his soul slowly crack as he battled, with each move, each victory, it became painfully obvious.

It was even more so now, as he replayed the events in his mind. He couldn't handle it, at all. He wanted to pull away, to run, to hide from himself. Hide from the truth. Hide from Domino's evil horde of henchpeople. But he couldn't. Kalseng just stood there, calmly trying to collect his thoughts.

[[OOC: xGxAxBxYx, you didn't read all of my festival thread, did you?]]

Nicholas shook a bit from the Stampede of Pokemon that had ran up to the group. The frantic trainer in the fancy suit had explained something about Team Rocket coming for him. He jumped to his feet as Ninetales stood up. "Rockets?! On the Ranch?! I'll not stand for this. I'm going to put a stop to this..." Nicholas let forth a sharp whistle, four other Pokemon joining him. There was a Poochyena with a strangely long tail, a rather excited looking Combee, A Hoothoot with a mischievous look about it, and a stone-faced Gardevoir. Nicholas nodded to the Pokemon, and they all looked to Daniel. "Well, where are they? Chances are they'll try and steal some of the ranch Pokemon!" For the first time Nicholas actually looked angry, which was strange considering his carefree personality.

((Hope you don't mind Daniel, I'm gonna auto you onto Dream))

"There they are..." Cody mumbled from atop of Dream. Soaring above the fields of Verdanturf, Cody saw the mob of Rocket's marching towards the ranch.

"And there's Domino, leading them...." Daniel replied.

"Dream descent!" Cody called, and the might dragon dove for the ground, landing on the other side of the hill the Rockets were climbing.

"We've got one good shot at this," Cody whispered to Daniel hurridly. He called Dream into her Ultraball, and release Chip and Norris, his shiny Arcanine and Poliwrath respectively. Silver also knew this was important. In fact, it seemed for a second he began to glow like evolution, but the Everstone Necklace around his neck absorbed the power from it.

"Chip," Cody began, talking at an incredibly fast pace, "I want you to run up there ahead of us, distracting them. You'll obviously draw Rocket attention...." The Arcanine nodded, faced the direction he would have to run, waiting to be told. "Norris," Cody said, looking to the Poliwrath, "I want you to come up with me, okay? I promise you'll get to smash in some Rocket heads." With that, the Poliwrath jumped to attention, eager to do some Rocket smashing.

"Daniel," Cody said facing the trainer, "When I give the signal, you come charging in oh Rhydon alright?"

"GO CHIP!" Cody called, and with that, the Arcanine was gone.

--------------

"Hey, lookit that at the top of the hill!" An excited Rocket Grunt called.

"It's a shinin' Arcanine!" Another exclaimed.

With that, tons of Pokeballs were launched into the air. Several Ekans, Koffing, Zubat, and Nidorans (male and female) were released from the Pokeballs. Domino was staring at the beast, she could've swore she'd seen it before...

Nicholas nodded at Cody, then looked down to Ninetales. She was already in a lowered position, growling in anger over this unwanted intrusion in her domain.

"You can count on it. Just go whenever you're ready. There should be a special guest joining us shortly." He then looked to Gardervoir. Gardevoir's eyes were already glowing a bright purple, obviously ready to get this over with as soon as possible. Poochyena was obviously having trouble holding itself back from charging into combat, but was kept in check by Ninetales.

"Charge it!" One of the Grunts called. Almost every single Grunt charged at the shininf Arcanine, but a few, who stayed behind with Domino. Chip leaped into the air with Extremespeed, and unleashed Fire Blast unto the crowd of Pokemon and Grunts. Only a few were hit by the central radius, most of then were unharmed. When he landed, several dig tunnels were rushing for him. He used Extremespeed to avoid every single impact, then went back around using Crunch on the Nidorans and Ekans. All of which, fell to the ground in defeat.

Chip charged for the second group, which was literally a minefield of Koffing. One Grunt ordered his to go forward and use Explosion right next to the shining beast. The Koffing began to glow, and Chip was too tired to move. Suddenly, it was pushed back by an unknown force. It exploded, setting off a horrible chain reaction of Koffing Explosions. Every single on exploding, leaving a horrible stench, and an un protected Grunt behind. Up at the top of the hill, was Cody, with Silver on his shoulder and Norris beside him. Norris had mastered Psychic.

The Zubat group began moving forward, heading straight for Cody, Norris and Silver. Chip had run back up the hill, and was back into Cody's Ultraball.

"Oy, Daniel!" Cody called, "This is the signal!" the Zubat group was moving in closer, and Cody noticed a few Golbat in their midst.

Kalseng collected his clothing from all of the little pokemon, and just beforethey all ruined them beyond repair. Kalesng shoved them in his bag, and he sat down at the lake shore and removed his socks and shoes. He dipped his feet in the water, and he watched all of the little water pokemon swim about, shooting little bubbles, playing, and the occasional Whalord come buy under the water. The water was so pure, that Kalseng could see clear to the bottom, where the little clamperl and krabby hid.

Snorunt was currently playing with Swablu up in the air, Swablu letting Snorunt ride around, and then dropping the little guy, and swooping down just before she hit the ground, to save her. Haunter was probably floating around by Kalseng, but he seldom knew for sure. He just knew that when he needed him, he was around. It was no hard task to tell that Haunter was worried for Kalseng's sake, always so obedient, following every command... The gears in Kalsengs brain whirred.

"Haunter..." Kalseng called playfully. And lo and behold, there he was. "I order you to go and play. And have fun. And relax." Haunter made a strange face, and shook his head. "Look, I'm sure I won't get swallowed by a Whalord, and if I do, you can say 'I told you so'. Besides," Kalseng added "That was a command." Haunter was hesitant, but ran off to the cave to play with the other ghosts... If they played. What did ghosts do for fun? Haunt people. Great. Kalseng was really looking forward to that...

OOC: Ughhh I'm always too late xD but yea Kalseng I read it ALL and I've got to say I'm impressed.

Zack turned to Flint. "Flint help them out in the air." Flint nodded and began to fly behind the Salamence. "Scythe Gable and Rio...come with me." Zack turned to Cubo and Slasher. "You guys stay here and help Kalsang and Lloyd out...listen to them no matter what." Zack than turned and starting running to the crowd of grunts now getting closer.

The grunts now had some of their pokemon out so charging at the Breeding Center. Zack turned to Scythe and Rio."Ok Rio try a Aura Sphere on that Golbat and Scythe use Signal Beam on that Arbok." Zack smiled as they had direct hits but his smile quickly faded as the pokemon continued to charge. "Zack looked to the sky and saw his Charizard flying in circles around him. "Ok Flint use flamethrower on that group of grunts." Flint flew above the charging group of Rockets and released a huge stream of fire from his mouth. About 2 or 3 grunts retreated but most used their pokemon as cover. They returned the hurt ones but others sent out faster and stronger ones. Zack smiled..."This should be fun" he joked.

((Ack nooo!!! I was only getting me an' Daniel to attack the front line....Arhg. other people needed to stay behind and help the Ranch. Oh)) well....

Daniel peered up at Cody on his Salamence, Daniel being firmly nestled on Rhydon's shoulders again. Seeing a cloud of Zubat quickly bearing down on the huge dragon pokemon, he heard Cody shout, "Oy, Daniel! That's the signal!"

"Right-o! Let's get this show on the road!" Daniel shouted back. "Come on, Rhydon! Let's go! Chaarge!" He shouted again, pointing an accusing finger at the horde of Rocket Grunts barrelling at them. That was all Rhydon needed. The huge bethemoth of a pokemon counted the ground, stirring up a cloud of dust. He started out slowly, his huge mass barely moving, somewhat akin to a train. Slowly but surely, Rhydon began to pick up speed, the ground rumbling from his massive steps. Soon enough, Rhydon was charging at the group of Rockets, some of whom fled in terror of the huge beast.

"Now Rhydon! Use Earthquake!" Daniel commanded. He usually let his pokemon make the decisions, but this was a special occasion. Rhydon nodded, and leapt into the air. The giant rock pokemon seemed to block out the sun as he jumped, hovering for a moment above the crowd of Rockets. The moment was short-lived, however. Rhydon plummeted downwards, crunching up his legs. At the last moment, Rhydon shot his legs out from underneath him, adding his strength to the pressure. As he connected, the ground violently shook, sending many Rockets onto their knees, and even more scurrying away. Small pokemon were sent flying, knocking into each other and their criminal trainers.

Domino stood, awestruck, at the ensueing (sp?) chaos. she looked upon the makeshift battlefield, seeing her troops either unconcious or running like a Zubat out of hell. She did a closed-mouth scream in frustration, and reached for her electro-nets. Her movement was halted when she felt a smooth, leather-like substance rub against her leg. She looked down, seeing purple coils wrap themselves around her body. Almost simotaneously, a breathy hiss emenated from beside her ear. Quivering, she slowly turned her head, coming face to face with an Arbok. Daniel's Arbok, to be precise. The large, purple snake hissed again, showing a mouthful of venomous fangs in a sly-looking grin. It was almost as if the sadistic pokemon was saying, Remember me?. Domino chuckled awkwardly.

(woah, a whole page, i've tried to get what's going on here, if i get it wrong just tell me. domino and the grunts came after daniel and he's now fighting alongside cody and zack, am i right?)

Lloyd was rudely awakened by zangoose prodding him and pointing towards the battle that was going on downfield, next to zangoose were the rest of the gang, kirlia hiding behind zangoose, mr.mime who had fallen into a depression and the spinda that carelessly wandered and stumbled about. Lloyd sat up straight on the rail, eyes widened to the many different pokemon battling it out.

Lloyd ordered his party into their pokeballs, except for zangoose who was still staring out downfield as Lloyd dragged him inside the ranch. He quickly shut the door behind him, just in case a grunt comes in. Lloyd had bad experience with team rocket, he tried not to recall the tragic events but his brain decided otherwise, Lloyd's brother, Owen, had been taken away to team rocket a few years ago to join their forces but Owen was stubborn and didn't agree with ther training methods which were extremely harsh. Owen was sent to the boss, who threatened his life and after Owen refused once more, the boss sent all the grunts and commanders after him. Owen was scarred for life but Lloyd for longer, he had developed a phobia of team rocket.

As he returned from zoning out, Lloyd took a peek around the door, the battle was still going.