• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The one job you'd never have

A

Anonymous

Everyone's got a dream job.Some even already have that job.But what is the one job you'd never want to ever have?

As for me ,I'd never want to be a teacher.Heres why:
1)5 day weeks
2)Long work days
3)Almost no time for meh self (with all the grading and making out lesson plans)
4)I FUCKING HATE KIDS!!!!!

Well, I guess I'd never want to be an accountant. Why? Several reasons. But I'll sum it down the best I can.

One, I suck at math. I have to either write down or use a calculator to figure out what 42-18 is, and that's not good. Not only that, but I'd be responsible for numerous accounts, and that means I would have to talk to people. I don't have the ability to talk to strangers (on the phone or face to face). Plus, I hate ties. Ties drive me nuts! And I will not, I repeat, will not be trapped in some tiny cubicle just to receive hell from my boss if I'm a little off on my calculations or if I'm just a minute slow. Bottom line is I don't want anything that makes me have to kiss up to anyone, just to be fired if someone can do double my work. I know, that will happen anywhere, but still, that combined with coffee and stress from math and being stuck in a tiny office will result in someone getting a black eye.

But anyway, the main reason is math. Math is basically my enemy.

Re: The one jod you'd never have

Telemarketer.

I never want to be a telemarketer.

First: They got you selling the craziest or boringest shit. We don't care half the time.
Second: The people you're calling think you're from the IRS or some kid repo company. And they YELL. I have quite the temper so I'd yell back, "LOOK ASSHOLE, WE DON'T WANT YOUR KIDS, WE WANT YOUR DAMN MONEY!!" You can bet that'll add some dough to my paycheck.
Third: I'd sit at home all day long. I DON'T LIKE SITTING STILL. it makes me fidgety.
Fourth: When it comes to selling or persuading I'm not exactly, er, the best at that. I'm very persuasive in person, but over the phone... No. We be gettin' no money if Kera's on the line.
Fifth: My brother-in-law is a telemarketer. He hates his job. I'll take his word for it.

And that is why I never wanna be a telemarketer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The one jod you'd never have

Salamence Commander said:
1)5 day weeks
2)Long work days
3)Almost no time for meh self (with all the grading and making out lesson plans)
Long work days? 7 hours isn't bad at all :p

Personally, I'd hate to be a chef, because I'd melt under all the pressure x_x

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Toastie said:
1)5 day weeks
2)Long work days

Most teachers tend to come into school an hour early and leave an hour later, so it's more like 9 hours minimum. Depending on who's on detention duty, too, affects how long their day is. Some teachers also end up skipping lunch break due to the work load.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yoshimitsu said:
Toastie said:
1)5 day weeks
2)Long work days

Most teachers tend to come into school an hour early and leave an hour later, so it's more like 9 hours minimum. Depending on who's on detention duty, too, affects how long their day is. Some teachers also end up skipping lunch break due to the work load.

This is true - especially working through lunch breaks. You really gotta love teaching to be a good teacher, although you can pretty well say the same about any real profession...

I'd hate any high stress customer service jobs that paid crap, had no job security, cruddy co-workers, and even worse management. I'm not a rushrushrush person, so any jobs like those I generally can't stand. I like being busy, but only busy enough that it keeps the day flowing. I don't need to be stressed out everytime I come into work or arguing with co-workers/my bosses all day, which is a reality for some jobs.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Ah, fun...

One job I've been told to avoid by those who know me is bar work. I'm inclined to agree with these people since I'm the sort of person who tends to get very pissed off with people when they start mouthing off at me, usually to the point where I'd love nothing more than to swing something heavy at their head. Yes, that sledgehammer that's been strapped under the bar is mine, and the chainsaw laying in the corner is mine too - you have been warned.

However, if I had to pick one job I'd personally never do, it's cleaning toilets. Some other unworthy peon can go and do that.

I hate dealing with dumb people. That is why I would never teach anyone below graduate level. Becoming a grad professor is probably what I would do once I become too decrepit to go out in the field.

Another job I would never have would be in the fast food industry. Even though I am still underage, I don't want to deal with the idiots and the poor food in any fast food place. That is why I am currently looking at grocery stores.

One job I never want hmmm... I gots a couple
Working at a fast food restraunt never again
Circus animal poo cleaner
anything that involves kids that aren't releated to me

I'd never do any job that involves customer service, whether it be over the phone or in person. I'd also hate towork behind the counter of any restaurant or grocery store.

I really would hate working in a job where I was constantly forced to deal with many stupid people. I could probably still deal, but my stress levels would hit maximum pretty fast. I have a rather quick temper, so that would probably limit a lot of what I could do. I also would try to stay clear from fast food/food places- not because I wouldn't deal with it, but because I'm scared of carrying trays because I'd probably drop them ~_~

I watch Dirty Jobs often, and have learned several jobs I'd never ever want to go into, around, or even hear about. But there is one job so odd, so awkward, and sooooo offbeat, that I would never hope anyone ends up in the position. A Horse Masturbator...

Nick Blare said:
I watch Dirty Jobs often, and have learned several jobs I'd never ever want to go into, around, or even hear about. But there is one job so odd, so awkward, and sooooo offbeat, that I would never hope anyone ends up in the position. A Horse Masturbator...

That poor poor unfortunate soul who has that job :'(

A

Anonymous

I've got another one:
An Aperture Science employee (i didn't say the jobs had to be real :p )
If you've ever played P0rtal then you know wtf I'm talking about.
Working in a seemingly deserted laboratory with a semi-murderous malfunctioning computer named GLaDoS that once filled up the entire laboratory with deadly neurotoxin .Also ,teh cake is a lie ,'nuff said.