• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Paragons - Act I Discussion

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
@Shadow_Pup
there is an issue with your latest post.
after a reminder from Infinity's bio, you yourself claimed he has peak human abilities, while at the same time in his flaws category, you make it clear that his physical abilities are hindered, which brings down his strength. using this information, Infinity would have either regular human strength, or above average.
this however doesn't allow him to effortlessly pry apart the bars of a cage. despite it being rusty, knowing what a cage looks like and the durability one has, Infinity would have to work a lot harder and a lot longer to succeed in busting apart the cage.

to top this off, you've already made it clear in-rp that Infinity doesn't have much durability. he'd have fallen a good 20-30 feet when jumping out of the cage. using your already established limitations on him, his legs would probably snap the moment he hit the ground.
sorry to burst the bubble, but according to previous roleplay interactions, as well as your already established lore, you're abusing the limitations you set for Infinity and giving him inconsistent abilities that don't match with already grounded rules.
if you think Infinity is feeling outclassed, no one will think any less of you if you ask another roleplayer for assistance through another Paragon or something of the sort. Infinity being trapped where he is... he logically has no actual way of escaping without help, or he could try and play diplomat and convince Percy into releasing him.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
I clearly haven't described his capabilities properly cause how weak your describing him here was nowhere near my thoughts when creating him I'm clearly going to have to look through my descriptions.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Now I used a preexisting character of mine for this, and I had used him in two different roleplay with different rules and had copied the wrong bio, I have now edited in the correct description of Infinity's powers.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Alias: Infinity
Age/Gender: 2722 (looks about 20)/Male
Race: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Personality: Four is a kind hearted and generous person. He would do anything to serve justice, even kill. He is a competent singer and a decent artist and he hates people who abuse their power and he isn't afraid to speak his mind.
Flaws: He has a weakness to lead that causes his physical traits to become weaker. Also he can be killed if enough damage ect is done he just comes back after.
Powers: Four has immortality and super human abilities. His immortality means that he doesn't age and technically can't die, when he dies, his body goes through a process of repair that takes five minutes and then he is alive again. Super human abilities means that he has super speed, strength, reflexes, healing and so on. Basically he is about one level below Patriot in terms of physical prowess.
Backstory: Four used to always want to do what was right. So when he manifested incredible abilities he knew exactly what he wanted to do with them. He began to fight crime wherever he found it of course it was easier to do back before technology was invented and his methods were almost the expected way to deal with crimes. But as the years went on people became less fond of his methods as he tended to kill any serious criminals but eventually his popularity grew again and people stopped caring what he did. His years of experience meant it wasn't hard for him to become a Paragon.

I Just checked it. What was edited exactly? Looks very much the same

comic

He weaker than Larua by a lot and Larua was okay
Because Larua is a villain. Villains can typically get away with power boosts.
Shen pointed out something to me that, while I was going for, I hadn't made the connection before. Patriot in Paragons is a lot like All-Might. He represents the pinnacle of power. Making Infinity immortal AND giving him similar strength is too much together. I am now stepping in to tell you that Infinity's power is being nerfed. He's still immortal, but his strength is now on level with the likes of Luke Cage from Marvel.
He can still bend bars, but he can't toss aircraft carriers into orbit, which is what's implied when making him have similar strength to Patriot.

Would it be alright to say Kerco has seen her before?
Her whole point is to be readily recognized and feared, so probably. She's probably pretty well known, but hasn't actually murdered anyone big and important enough to warrant her as a Paragon tier threat. She's just a nasty street merc with a vicious ability. And moonlights as an office worker.

Screw it. I'm gonna post character themes here.

Deluge/Ansel - The Greatest Man That Ever Lived

Celice - CUT

Necrodytis/Janice - Murders

Skade - Aurora Borealis

...Wait, you guys want REASONS? Ugh, fine.
Ansel's is supposed to represent his inflated sense of self-importance, or perhaps the fact that he needs constant confirmation of his greatness. Perhaps it's a song more fitting of Patriot if the singer genuinely believes what they say, but I feel like it has to be facetious...
Celice's is just melancholic, yet there's also an underlying anger in it. Also Panchiko is a good band.
Necrodytis's is chaotic, violent, abrasive. The disjointed piano slowly giving way to a quieter bridge sequence. I think it's a good match, at the least. Also Miracle Musical is a good band, so I'm biased.
Skade's is a weird choice. I don't have a lot of songs for icy bringers of the end, but Aurora Borealis is close enough. Regardless of it being a "christmas" song, it does talk about bringing on an apocalypse in the dead of winter, so close enough? Close enough!!

Hey, guys. Not sure if anyone here remembers me, but I was part of that big Crossover RP a while back. I know it says that this is closed, but it’s pretty much one of the only active RPs on the entire site, and I wanted to come back, so... is there any room for an old friend? If not, I completely understand.

comic

Hey, guys. Not sure if anyone here remembers me, but I was part of that big Crossover RP a while back. I know it says that this is closed, but it’s pretty much one of the only active RPs on the entire site, and I wanted to come back, so... is there any room for an old friend? If not, I completely understand.
Unfortunately no. We're full up on roleplayers and characters. Sorry.

comic

well, i guess if we're gonna start giving characters their own themes...
i'll join in.

Charles Warren - Digging My Own Grave
the name of the song is a directly statement as to how Warren inwardly feels about all of his efforts. because deep down, he knows that no matter what he does, he'll always be the true villain in the story. he's come to terms with this, and pushed away most any morality he has left.

Grayson "Patriot" Everest - Control
this song was chosen because of its tone and its lyrics. the lyrics quite clearly demonstrates the struggles Patriot deals with internally. he sees himself as absolute power. absolute control. he embraces this monster inside of him, yet at the same time, he fears himself and his own power. having been raised without love, without nurture, without care, he became who is today. more will be revealed in eventual flashback scenes. believe me when i say this song will make more sense for him when i start to reveal his backstory.

Yin Li - Hard Sometimes
Yin Li is easily my most underdeveloped main character. even Lady, who next to nothing is know about, has more development. i plan to rectify this mistake, as Yin Li has potential to be a very good character but i've been focusing elsewhere. the lyrics in this video clearly demonstrate her day-to-day struggles, part of this hinted at when Patriot called her a widow.

not giving more minor characters a song, or those that aren't as important in the future. CL-9 isn't her own character yet, so i don't wanna give her a song yet. Warren's subjects, namely 7 and 3, or 'Quietus' and 'Zephyr', probably won't ever become fully fleshed out characters and remain solely as obstacles for my convenience. unless they get popular enough among ya'll, then i might consider fleshing them out.

the reason Lady isn't being given a song is because she hasn't developed enough for one yet. obviously i could find a song about the subject of 'who am i', but that'd be too easy. so i'll wait for Lady.
also, sorry to tell you this, Shadow, but i can't associate Fall Out Boy with anything outside of Big Hero 6 anymore lol

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Glad I kicked off some theme posting, it's always fun, y'know?

Now I could post even without a Hitori response, and I'm assuming her response is going to remain mostly the same. All I'll say is, hope Kerco's ready to be dragged down this hunter hell hole.

Also I forgot to mention: Nightshade, I never gave the company a name in the first place. Don't worry about having forgotten about something I should've titled a long time ago lmao. It's probably something generic like Energen or Kraft'd Electronics. Maybe even Sleazebag Industries since that's the main important part about it- Some dude is willing to kill a teenager over not getting bought out by Warren lol

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
or Kraft'd Electronics

Lol imagine Kraft mac-and-cheese having to become an electronics store full of lunatics who send assassins after homeless teenagers

Now I could post even without a Hitori response
Oopsie poopsie, didn’t know you were waiting on me ;-;
Yeah Hitori’s probably gonna stick with that “no” answer lol, maybe say something like “leave us alone and we won’t say shit, but I’m not gonna stop stealing.” I could make a post, but it wouldn’t be very lengthy; or you could go ahead and auto a bit, up to you.

I know next to nothing about lyrical music, having only mostly listened to video game or classical music aside from barbershop (which probably doesn't translate well to people with superpowers lol), but hopefully I can dig up something for my boys:

Ignizio -
Refined in his actions with a touch of superiority over others due to his appointed position; this is further highlighted by historical context, as the piece is derived from Baroque styles as well as elements of the composition referencing the recognizable touch of Bach and Vivaldi. Despite his elegance, there's a rising tension that continuously builds up throughout the piece as the flow deviates from its refined style with sudden, accented orchestral hits or an accelerando into minor melodies that both grow in volume and instill a feeling of dread or urgency in the listener. Despite an occasional melody with a more major tone, they all inevitably transition to the original minor feel. As the conclusion of the piece begins to elevate into a dramatic, powerful finish, the tension and urgency continue to grow until, once it seems it is about to reach its climax, the music begins to slow, dying down as it reaches the final chord, an A-major that, rather than having a more light-hearted, optimistic feel that is associated with most major-chord endings, is tarnished with a darker, underlying tone that suggests not all is complete. Ignizio has successfully maintained control without succumbing to the chaos that could overtake him despite enduring all of the growing tension, but there is no telling what could happen if he fails the next time.

Shuzo -
This one took me a while since I don't think I've done much to really flesh out or expand on Shuzo's character, something I hope to remedy later on. The title of the song is all he wants to avoid; he doesn't want to be regarded as a celebrity hero in the public eye like the Paragons, a personality trait stemming from his stubbornness to work alone. The dark and minor tone of the piece accompanied by beating war drums, ominous orchestral melodies, and a somber choir represents the inner turmoil that weighs on Shuzo's human soul; despite what he continuously asserts to others, he sometimes finds himself stagnating when it seems like there's no compensation for what he's done for the city when they weren't looking, something that all of humanity has within them. However, as he puts himself on the front lines to be where the Paragons aren't, working outside the public's eyes to do what the Paragons won't, it also represents his hardened resolve to push forward with the path he chose. Even as a newly inducted Paragon, nothing's changed. He'll continue working in the dead of night; free of Gods, expecting no Glory.

comic

@OmnipotentOnion @BurbleBurble @Shadow_Pup @Captain Cardboard @Shen: King of the Mist @Gamingfan @The Dark Fairy @=Nightshade= @ThePlayfulFox @Martin Pine @<Inkscape> @DevVoid

i only tagged people that have posted in the roleplay from page 8 and up. anybody else doesn't get this luxury cuz ya'll either slow, wordlessly dropped out, or haven't even posted once yet.

the discord server is made, though uh... not furnished. i have roles tho so that's something.

https://discord.gg/cbGCzmJtj8 (Join the The Paragons - Discord Discord Server!)

join- IF YOU DARE

Alias: The Fae Queen/Lady of Illusions.
Age/Gender: Age is Unknown and Female
Race: Unknown, though looks human
Alignment: Chaotic Good (Leans towards Neutral)
Personality: Luna sees Earth as a beautiful place that needs protection. Humans, she is more on the fence about, but currently she sees them as fragile flowers that tries, and fails to bend the world to thier will.
Luna prefers solitude or being in the company with her "subjects," the fae. She does, however, sometimes interact with humans to help push them along, though she never says anything to those she helps. Mostly it's just minor things she pushes along.
Flaws: IDK
Powers: Luna has created an illusion of our world before humans started cutting trees down. At first this illusion she just sent humans to when she was not happy with humans, but then it became a permanent staple of the world, the fae being invisible to us because of it.
She also can create other illusions, but her "Fae Wilds" eat up on most of her powers. Not to say her illusions are bad though. Heck! She can even make the illusion feel real!
Backstory: When Luna came to Earth, she found herself lost in a forest in spring. She was mesmerized by it, finding that she didn't want to create all these disasters she was supposed to do. She continued on until she saw some creatures huddled together, scared. She found the creatures adorable, so she motioned for them to come with her. They didn't, for she looked human. She then found the humans, and part of her beloved forest torn down. Raged boiled in her and she promised those who entered wouldn't come out the same, if at all. The creatures heard and, well, cheered. They helped her with harassing humans who dared to enter her forest. The creatures were eventually known as "the Fae" and she was called thier "queen" by the locals. She didn't correct them and even adopted the title herself.

After a while, humans started to hunt the fae. Her anger grew and she became even more biased against the humans. Although she was powerful, the humans were getting more and more clever. The humans attacked when she was occupied with other things, like caring for the young fae and dealing with more brash humans. Before long, she made the decision to hide her people away in the Fae Wilds.

She constantly keeps the Fae Wilds up, so she constantly has something eating away at her powers.

@comic does this look good?

Last edited:

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
So since it seems everyone's giving their characters themes, I'll just jump right on that bandwagon!
..though, admittedly, it was kinda difficult finding a fitting one for Ryg since there's really not much about him other than his backstory. Nevertheless, I managed to find something for him anyway.

Ryghedro
The Song itself is about things that aren't always what they seem; Things that appear good can be bad in reality, and things that appear bad on the outside have good locked inside. You know, that old quote: 'Don't judge a book by its cover'.

I feel like that's most fitting for Ryg, as; he appears most of the times as human to disguise his alien form and, despite being an alien with powerful abilities and a justified reason to despise humanity, has neither a killing tendency nor harbours hatred towards humans for what a group of them did to him and his species.

Rather, he uses his abilities for a good purpose, adapting to becoming a vigilante, if not also leading a thieving life to avoid getting a job and spending more time in crowds than necessary, stealing only what is necessary, when it is necessary and what he can't get out in the wild by himself.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Alias: The Dark Fairy
Race: Half Fae/Herold
Age/Gender: Female, 1,543 years
Alignment: Chaotic/(Neutral/Evil)
Personality: I'd like to develop it in RP please
Powers:
Illusionary: She is capable of creating semi real illusions, able to be touched, but not hard enough to really stop much of anything. She can create the shape of a large amount and size at once, but she struggles to put an colors to it, the default being black, the only easy color being dark red.
Superstrength: Scath has strength far exceeding that of all humans and most supers(obviously excluding those like Patriot)
Animation: Scath is capable of animating the shadow of objects, animals, and people, the shadow capable of doing anything the real deal could do(Though any non-physical ability will have to be supplied energy by Scath)(The strength of the shadow mirrors her own). These shadows can follow instructions, but do much better if directly puppeted by Scath.
Corruption: Scath is able to corrupt an object or person if she remains in contact for them long enough, either inverting their behavior(Good to Evil, and evil remains evil, but different), or changing how the object interacts with things, creatures affected will not be under her complete control, but generally act in her favor. The more 'pure' something is, the longer it takes.
Projection: Scath is able to make her voice come from somewhere she is not.
Hide: Scath is capable of blending perfectly with shadows, allowing her to perfectly hidden.
Backstory: Umbra is the daughter of Luna, born in the fay woods, tainted by the mixture of the power of the herald and fay mixing. She was raised among the Fae, taught to hate humanity and love the Fae, often even sent on missions to attack humans. After a long time, he grew her own impression of humanity and nature, though she keeps it to himself, living the way his mother set for her, for now. Although tainted, she is still liked by the others in the fae wilds, everyone thinking that she has completely overcome the preverbal darkness he was born with.
Other: Her actual body is actually pretty small, very large for a fairy, but still not big standing next to a human, though her mastery of abilities allows her to extend her Strength and corruption into a small illusion, as long as shes inside the illusion. She will often surround herself with a dark humanoid.

Last edited:
Alright, here's my new character that I've been sitting on forever and finally got around to writing.

Alias: Lady in Black
Age/Gender: 28/Female
Race: Human
Alignment: I dunno, Neutral Evil I guess?
Personality: Lady is very charismatic. She likes money, and obtaining more of it is the primary reason she does what she does. She does have a bit of an honor code, or so she says. Lady always has a plan, and a backup plan, and a backup plan for that backup plan. She can be very careful at times, but that's the main reason she's still free and not in prison right now.
Flaws: No superpowers
Powers: As mentioned above, Lady does not have any superpowers. However, she does have a certain set of skills that help her for her job. For one, she's a master of disguise. Lady is also a very skilled fighter, trained in various martial arts and various weapons. She's also rather intelligent, always having a backup plan. Lady is incredibly athletic and agile as well from constant training.
Backstory: People hire her for sneaky things, such as assassinations, espionage, and stealing things. She tends to keep her distance from superheroes, know that she would be at a bit of a disadvantage should she come to blows with them. There's not much known about her life before she began her life of crime...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@BurbleBurble Hey, I was wondering if maybe Necrodytis and Lady had like worked together before or something?