• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Paragons - Act II

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
As soon as the would be hero landed and seemingly let him pass, Alan began to walk past the girl and continue towards the city. However he noticed the girl seemed to continue to speak, even though he felt it was clear he wasn't here for idle chat. The way the girl held herself, the slight awkward tone to her speech and the clearly embarrassed blush that painted her cheeks. She clearly meant well, but was just a little naive.

Letting out another huff, Alan stopped walking and listened to her speak. "Oasis. Why would someone come all the way over to Ground Zero? Surely you realize the age of heroes has long past." Ten years ago Alan might have admired the girl's ambition. But a lot has changed in those ten years.

Suddenly, the girl offered Alan some assistance. In any other scenario, he would have refused and continued along his way. However this was his first time setting foot in the city proper after a long time away. Who knew what was waiting for him at the impact site of that object. Taking a moment to consider all this, he returned his eyes to her and gave a simple nod. "Alright hero. If you want you can help. I want to see what landed here too. Might need some firepower in case things get hairy. You able to do that kid?"

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Malekai
Standing in his cell pacing impatiently Kai suddenly started to pound on the door to his cell "Hey anyone out there, some one tell the big man I want out, it's not like I can cause much trouble anyway from what I've heard and I'll promise not to transform" he shouted hoping someone would hear "come on a man needs fresh air every now and then" he stated angrily punching the door. He was so eager to just be outside for a change that he'd be willingly to do anything that the old man asked just for a chance to be out there. He turned his back to the door and slumped down it all the way to the floor.
@comic

Forsythe
With a hearty laugh and a big smile Forsythe examined the meal as he sat down opposite Lilian, "Wow this looks incredible" he said before starting to eat the food, it was a brilliant meal especially after eating nothing but scavenged stuff and what ever was saved in the apartment. He grinned as he ate, "I almost forgot how good of a cook you were, i must have been a least a few centuries since I last tasted your cooking, right before I left, but that's all in the past" he said shaking himself from his more depressing thoughts and focusing on the present and the lovely meal.
@The Dark Fairy

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
"Surely you realize the age of heroes has long past."
Cynical much? Vanessa chose not to voice this, aware of how... devoid of hope so many people were. She could have said she was used to it, but her altruistic optimism outshone most others enough for her to usually just... ignore apathy. In her own personal opinion, a new age of heroes would come to pass, and she fully intended to bring about this new dawn of hope.

He did take her up on her offer of help, however, bringing up the spaceship that she totally hadn't already forgotten about. Vanessa's eyes widened. "Ohmygosh." She groaned. "I completely forgot about that thing! Um- I mean- yeah." She casually leaned against a half-wall. "Nah, I got you. Hairy things don't even stand a chance."
The wall was quite unstable and began to lean from the weight she was putting on it. Quickly, she straightened herself. "Oh! And uh... my name's..."

Ah crap, this part.
You see, Vanessa had yet to select a hero name. She'd experimented with a few, like 'Power Girl' but that was already taken by a fictional character. She wanted to be original. Starlight? Taken. Supergirl? Taken. Wonder Woman? Taken. Wonder Girl? Also taken. She wanted to avoid the name 'Patriot' and any synonyms toward it, so those cards were off the table. The other day she'd saved some old hairless cat from a tree for an old woman. Turns out it was a raccoon and things didn't go good for anybody involved. The name she'd used at the time was 'Super Person' out of sheer desperation in the moment, and even the kind old lady thought that was pretty lame.
It wasn't as though she was about to just introduce herself as Vanessa anyway.

"My name's..." She repeated, notably deep in thought trying to come up with something. "Might Girl."
Wow. That was stupid and unoriginal. Whatever, she could talk shop some other time, there was a hairy alien on the loose and this guy clearly intended to figure out what. Judging from his malnourished demeanor, it would probably be best to give him protection anyway.

The Alright Attorney

Alan simply kept his mouth shut as the girl spoke, noticing her nearly toppling over the wall and just letting her do so. He doubted anyone would miss it anyways. Eventually the girl, after a long pause introduced herself, with a hero name. "Might Girl. 'Magine that one took a while to come up with?" He said, a slight sarcastic tone coming to his voice.

"Well Might Girl, you can call me Martin." Using half of his last name as his alias probably wasn't Alan's smartest moves, but much like the girl standing in front of him, ten years ago he couldn't think of anything else and picked the first one that came to mind. It just sort of stuck and he decided to roll with it. So the few people that knew him, knew him as Martin.

"Now let's get a move on, don't want to waste anymore time. People could be in danger." Figuring the girl's obvious heroic attitude, he said whatever you could to hurry the pace and get there quicker. Appealing to her want to help other would hopefully get the job done. "Just don't draw attention to us. I know that might be hard with all the..." He pointed at her costume up and down. "Gold. Try to keep a low profile." With that, the scavenger turned back towards the city and continued to march towards it.

comic

"You kiddin'?" Vanessa flicked her thumb across her nose. "I'm as stealthy as Batman and quiet as... Batman." She wasn't very aware of most comic book superheroes outside of a few. His mention of people being in danger did up her ante, however, as she was now hovering back into the air. "I'll scout ahead, make sure nothing uh... bad is- you know what nevermind, I'm sure you know the drill. See you in a flash, Marty!" She gave him a quick salute before shooting off toward the scene in question.

In a matter of seconds, she'd arrived, touching quickly down and coming to a rather ungraceful stop- still had to get the hang of the whole flight thing. A quick look at the impact crater was quick to tell one thing- this wasn't your average meteor, considering the blast radius was far too compact and residual to be natural. That meant aliens. Surely. Right?
Yeah, she might be awkward and blonde but Vanessa had an interest in space. Bet you didn't know that.
Considering nothing was at the epicenter...
Vanessa looked up with a frown, glancing about to figure out where the alien had gone off to, her eyes immediately landing on a person nearby she hadn't taken note of before. "Whoa, uh- hi. You're not an alien, right?"

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Rose

Rose stared at the pair of fighters incredulously, grabbing a bottle out of her pocket before she.... Got interrupted. She turned to the newcomer, feeling the waves of anxiety before she spoke. Rose looked a bit taken aback by the question, though replied in a soothing tone, using her powers to quell her anxiety. "No, the thing that came her already left. It seemed more than friendly."

Kerco

Kerco turned to point down at a woman down the hill "You can start anytime today or early tomorrow, the woman down there will be your supervisor." Kerco smile gained some mirth when she mentioned uniforms "We only wear the same thing cause we buy in bulk, you can find your way to the clothes departments in your free time." He reached into his pocket, pulling out a pin with the letters NYCC on it, tossing it to Alice "Welcome to the New York City Crew."

Lilian

Lilian gave Foursythe a small smile, taking some food onto her own plate to silently eat, finally enjoying the food she had made. After a while of eating, she looked up "So, where exactly do you want to see this cottage of ours?"

The Alright Attorney

Alan saw the girl fly off, doing his own quick little salute as a wave before starting to sprint towards the city himself. "Kids got a lot of energy, I'll give here that. Here's to hoping she doesn't let her over enthusiasm get the better of her. As he got closer, Alan thought he could here the faint sound of a scuffle.

"Shit..." He muttered out under her breath, picking up the pace of his sprint and quickly reaching his hand over to activate his watch. Suddenly, the face of the watch seemed to open up and a light weight metal started to fold out and tighten into the shape of a round shield, about the size of Alan's torso. "Was hoping I wouldn't have to use this."

Eventually Alan caught up to Might Girl, noticing her talking to someone else near the crater. Before even talking to here, he knelt down and examined the crater for any tech he could nab. Unfortunately, it didn't appear like there was anything to be found. Alan's eyes continued to examine the crater. Judging by the size and shape, that drone he saw earlier is likely what landed here.

Before Alan could make anymore deductions, he heard some kind of a commotion again and looked up. He could see a bit off from the crater were two people fighting. And it wasn't two drunks having an argument, these were Supers. "I guess this is the worst that could have happened." He said as he got back up to his feet. "We need to go now. We don't know the extent of their abilities. And I don't want to figure it out."

Last edited:
Skade

The temperature did wane a bit as the wolves explained themselves and revealed that the 'dog' was...the sister actually. Strange powers.

Skade had seen her own bevy of strange powers in her time- In her short life as a Subject, she had become acquainted with a number of oddly powered individuals. But nothing like this. Lizard boy was the closest, and he was more or less always a lizard...Not shifting between forms.

She didn't take the hand offered to her, but she did lower her guard some. "...Okay." She took a few steps back from them, hood pulled over her head. "I don't know why you'd want to stick around here though. There's not much left around here to see. Unless you both were born here then. In which case...Well, can't say I relate."

Technically, she had been born deep underneath New York City. Personally she had few ties to the city, besides the obvious Herald death. The one who slew the Blackflame herald had apparently fled North, though the more pressing one- The one who killed the first Skade -Was still at large.

"And once you leave this building, my presence, you won't particularly enjoy the weather. Unless you pant or something." She stared out of a broken window, scattered glass fogged up already. The skyline was almost entirely dark. A few stray lights present here and there, but nothing compared to the blinding lights the City once held.

For a moment, she pondered what that looked like. But such thoughts were unfit for a Herald...

-----
Necrodytis

Interesting. Even without weaponry, Sparkblade put up a fight. He hit hard and fast, managed to put a few dents in the frame. She felt the distant impact of the blows through the armor, and soon was hurtling down the street. Superhumans always did prove annoyingly resilient, doubly so anyone with the title of Ex-Paragon. Those in it's higher echelons at least.

As Shuzo prepared to kick Necrodytis down into the streets though, she raised her arms- Armor rattling from the blow, she descended towards the ground. Her own reflexes allowed her to twist around and not destroy her back. Back brace at least. Instead, feet and hand on the ground, leaving a slight indent in the hot asphalt from the impact. She let out a frustrated grunt, though this was followed by a phrase.

"Protocol SG."

'Engaging,' The suit's system whispered in her ear, as spikes sprouted from the gauntlets. Razor sharp, also coated in her blood. Literal death by a thousand cuts, for when the standard gauntlets proved inefficient. Even a scratch or two would be painful enough to knock him further off his game, which would obviously let Necrodytis finish the job.

She slashed upwards, anticipating Shuzo quickly closing in on her location. "ROT!" Necrodytis told her opponent as she striked, still attempting to intimidate him.

comic

Might Girl
Oh, well, that was a bit of relief. Vanessa really didn't want to go encountering any of the famed heralds, if any still existed. They'd been confirmed to be extraterrestrial in origin, so she'd always felt just a bit paranoid about aliens in general. Though that last bit made Vanessa frown. Friendly? Alien? That didn't sound right at all. Well, better to judge with certainty than flawed notions, right? Somebody had once told her that, though she couldn't exactly remember.

However, now, she noticed it. The brawlers. Holy crap she was off her game today. She not only missed this chick, but the fighters too? This alien stuff was really distracting her. So... maybe one of these were the alien? Alan had arrived, too, and seemed eager to leave the fighting supers to their own devices. "What? Are you crazy? This needs to be stopped." Vanessa asserted- though realistically she wasn't about to stop him from leaving. He seemed interested in simply leaving now.

Turning her attention to the two, it became quickly clear that they were experienced. Their fighting styles were practiced and perfected, their movements deliberate and dominant. Way out of Vanessa's league, but she could definitely take a hit. So maybe by intervening she could halt the conflict, maybe even get some answers?
Worth a shot.

"ROT!"
"In the name of justi-!" Vanessa had sped through the air to intercept Necro's slash, but just as she began to monologue, the slash struck, a strike intended for Sparkblade. Having not expected the force behind it, Vanessa's stop was interrupted and she spun out of control, crashing through a nearby building. To the two battling, she might have seemed little more than a flash and a few brief words to them.
The ruins of an already ruined skyscraper collapsed on top of Vanessa as she blinked, frowning, confused at what exactly had just happened. Shaking her head, she shoved the debris off herself and clambered back up to her feet, glancing down to find a gash in her suit, right along her stomach. "No..." She groaned. It would take so dang long to stitch this up... she wasn't very skilled at sewing.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Rose Nala

The super she had just talked to suddenly noticed the fighters, not taking long to race into the fray, though getting knocked away just as fast.
Rose let a hard breath out from her nose, racing well around the fight to the rubble now containing might girl. She grabbed a rock, tossing it off. She motioned to Allan to come help, not bothering to shout over the fight. Though before she made any progress the girl stood up from the rubble, showering Rose is rock dust. She waved her hand and coughed as she stood up. “What is your plan here?” She asked.

Continuum Dwight

Continuum Dwight sat at her desk, in just over last decade, her and her team relocated their laboratory into the actual landmass of the southern continent, several miles under the ice. They had taken all the precautions they could of course.
Dr Dwight was calmly writing out something, occasionally consulting the folder on her right before returning to her work. She had just gotten back the results from the last tests, and was trying to remake their formula for the substance of super energy. She was only one of many doing it, but out of them all, it was more likely for one of them to get it.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Forsythe
With a light hearty laugh Forsythe shrugged in response to Lilian's question "you know what I generally didnt ever plan that far, I never thought we'd get the chance to do it, where do you think, I mean I'm not even sure how much pristine areas there are left at this point after the destruction the Heralds caused" he said plainly with a simple shrug and sigh.

Elias & Maisy
The twins eyed up the women before shrugging in near perfect unison. "Well we're gonna stick around in this building, we'll try to keep out of your way" Maisy said politely before taking her brother by the arm and leading him back to their fire. Maisy sat and ate some of the rations the two had acquired while Elias hopped out the nearest window and set out to look for his next meal, "try not to get spotted this time idiot" Maisy called out receiving only a annoyed moan from her brother as he snuck off to find a good victim.

Necrodytis' hunch had been correct, as Shuzo had hoped to follow up his attack with another swing and slam her even further into the ground. The former Paragon's eyes narrowed as the mercenary below him suddenly swung upward in an attempt to counterattack, and before he could try to adjust his position, a sudden blur of blue and gold swiftly intervened. The interruption had reasonably caught Shuzo off guard, and the wind generated by whoever or whatever could move that fast had thrown him aside and left him tumbling to the ground.

The source of the movement had also taken Necrodytis' attack and was immediately flung aside, crashing into a building that soon collapsed, and Shuzo's eyes widened in surprise as he turned to identify what or whom had suddenly entered the fray (and exited shortly after). Had he heard someone speak in that instant as well? He vaguely recalled a younger voice yelling something about justice, but it wasn't long before Shuzo realized he didn't have time to peer through the smoke and debris resulting from the collision, and he redirected his attention to Necrodytis.

As he got back to his feet and faced the mercenary, Shuzo had been about to reset his battle stance, hoping to resolve such an unnecessary scuffle as soon as possible, but as he began to raise his arms, a sudden, searing pain shot through his left forearm, and the former hero's bearings abruptly faltered. A brief examination of what could be causing the burning sensation revealed to Shuzo that some form of decay had grazed his skin, and the sight wasn't pretty.

As if acid had been splashed onto his arm (or necrotic blood, in this case), a severe burn mark stretched across the flesh; any more of what had made contact with his skin, and Shuzo presumed he could lose all function in the limb. Gritting his teeth, he narrowed his eyes and returned to his battle stance, strengthening it as well as he could through the pain. So that was Necrodytis' ability. Shuzo had read about the mercenary's rather brutal method of dispatching her targets through her toxic blood, but he had been fortunate enough to avoid encountering such an ability until now.

And damn, it hurt.

Shuzo's electricity surged back in full force as he stood, glaring at Necrodytis with flexed fingers. All he'd wanted was to take a simple, quiet walk, but here he was, encountering an alien drone and subsequently dragged into a paid hit on his life. After having done well to avoid returning to heroism for nearly ten years, the former Paragon had become increasingly jaded and tired of fighting villains and crime since 2033.

But now, he was just pissed.

@BurbleBurble

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Ohio, the day before the Phantom's Strike at the Shopping Mall
In a basement inside an abandoned hospital there was the Phantom Rogue, examining all the things he had stolen throughout his life - not the materials that he uses to improve his body, but just rather the things he stole to collect. Items with signatures, broken parts of different modern technologies, electronics, clothing, valuables.. it was like a crow that is attracted to shiny objects. Only for Phantom, it was the rush of theft in general that forced his hand.

Turning around with his hands on his back, the Phantom Rogue paced around the room, wondering where to strike next at the crack of dawn. He would like to go explore the ruins of NYC, but what could he possibly find there that would make his time worth more than what he could find out here in the lively city of Cincinnati? With two fingers, the phantom whistled for his sidekick - the Undead Baron, who in actuality was the Phantom's body, bound be animate and sentient for as long as the Phantom was in its vessel. Walking over in a slouched position, the Baron awaited his next orders from the Phantom Rogue.

" Would you kindly make your way to those ruins that was once New York and find valuables to bring back? If you cannot, do remember to make as many carcasses join our cause as you can! Send them over here and be sure to tell them to not get caught on the way back! You may go now, good luck, my good fellow! "

And with those words, the Undead Baron sprinted off, using his superhuman speed to leave the broken down building and make his way out of Ohio and toward Pennsylvania, taking certain routes as to avoid being seen and/or heard by as many beings as possible. It took him some time, but by the time the Phantom Rogue struck several shops at the mall, the Undead Baron had reached the ruined city. There, the Baron shambled through the streets, stopping every now and again to release a loud shockwave of red energy that animated surrounding corpses as it expanded. The Baron simply ordered the newly-resurrected zombies to head back to the abandoned Hospital that him and Phantom used as a temporary HQ without being detected by anyone. The Zombies, upon hearing their orders, just simply nodded and shambled off in the opposite direction the Undead Baron was wandering.

The Alright Attorney

Ignoring Alan's suggestion to leave, the would-be hero girl instead quickly shot towards the pair of combatants, moving like a speeding bullet. "Damn stubborn girl..." He muttered out, gripping his fists. He should have turned tail and ran away, leave all this behind him and return to his shack. But instead, Alan stayed rooted to the spot where he stood. A former Paragon watching some teen girl take the initiative and act like... a hero.

Suddenly, Alan's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Might Girl crashing into a building, her attempt at stopping the conflict resulting in her getting knocked back and away from the two, neither of them so much as batting an eye and keeping their focus squarely on each other. Who the hell were these two and what did started this conflict. Instead of trying to figure this out, or just run away, Alan instead ran towards the rubble Might Girl found herself in.

God damn it Alan. He thought to himself as her sped towards the young hero. This is not worth it. You're not a hero anymore. You can't be a hero anymore. All of these thoughts rattled through his head, as he jumped over rubble and around the debris that now littered the city streets. He kept his distance from the two fighters and eventually he reached Might Girl and the other woman that was near the crash site. He let out some heavy breathes before seeing the gash across her suit.

"Looks you didn't sustain too much damage. But it still hurt like hell." Alan sighed and looked towards the two fighters. "It doubt you're going to give up. So we need to find a way to stop this. My suggestion is we find out which of them is more dangerous and take them out first." Reaching into his jacket, Alan pulled out what looked like a grenade. "Sonic grenade. imagine a Flashbang without the Flash. It's pretty strong. I just finished making it before you arrived. Was hoping to save it but..." A long sigh escaped his lips as Alan glanced up. "If we don't stop them innocent people could get hurt."

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Elias
As he slunk through the ruins of NYC Elias was disturbed by the all to familiar smelling of death, yet it was not the smell that disturbed him exactly it was the fact this smell was moving. As his curiosity got the better of him he crept on until he saw the target of his new found intrigue, the man was slightly slumped and walked strangely but it was his stench that gave him away to Elias. Stepping out from the shadows the lad cleared his thought loudly "oi, you there. What are you and why are you here?" he enquired his muscles tensed as he prepared for an attack from the mysterious man.
@DevVoid

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Alice Yumiho

"
Great, Thank you. I'll be off now." Rose walked away from the spot, as she'd be getting ready to work. She went to the store to buy some work clothes, as she went to the cashier, the cashier made a comment about her. "Shouldn't a pretty lady like you be cooking food?" The cashier chuckled, While Rose made a counter-comment on the cashier. "Well, Maybe you should clean yourself up, You look like bigfoot." The man stood shocked at her comment, while she smirked. She paid for the clothes, and left to get dressed. Rose would have slapped the man, though she didn't want to cause trouble right there and then.

Alpha

Alpha turned on, while a robotic voice, Alpha's voice had spoken. "Alpha is online" His voice was flat, which to some scientists would be intimidated by, though none would flinch or be scared. Most scientists were used to this noise whenever Alpha turned on. It wasn't too surprising to some, though some would still be surprised when they were near Alpha and he'd turn on.

He walked over to Dr. Dwight, "Hello, Doctor. Do you need help with anything?" Alpha asked Dr. Dwight, waiting for a reply.

@The Dark Fairy

Last edited:

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Undead Baron had been walking down the road, hunched over, slowly putting one foot after the other, occasionally giving a glance to his surroundings to examine if there were any bodies nearby. However, he soon stopped when someone approached him and begun talking to him. The Baron stood still for a few moments, processing what was happening. Then, he just moved his head up a bit, his hair still hanging down in front of his face, but the Baron moved one hand up to move a strain aside, a blue eye with a dull, lifeless gaze staring out from the Baron's hair to look at who was talking to them. Then, in response, the Baron just.. tried to talk.

' Nnngh Hgraargr Hnnggrr Hrrahrrha '

Obviously, what came out what just absolute nonsense made up of grunting noises and non-hostile growls, as the Baron tried to explain himself. Pausing a few moments again to think, the Baron then proceeded to just turn away from the new guy, had moved his hand away from his hair and shambled onward, his hair covering his face again and hiding it as a result.
@Void_Nugget

Necrodytis

"Huh? What the hell?" As she heard, saw, and struck something that was distinctly not Sparkblade, it caught her off guard. Enough to break character as she looked towards the broken- er, breaking building. "Did I clip something?"

She even looked at her gauntlets- Some of the fresh spikes that had popped up had bent over in places. That clearly wasn't a bird she had hit. Err, not that it mattered. Necrodytis had a job to finish and a character to prop back up.

Snapping her head back to focus on the Sparkblade, her voice filtered began to rasp out loudly once more. "REGARDLESS...I SEE YOU FEEL THE SCORCHING PAIN OF MY PARASITE." With a dramatic fling of her cape, she rapidly began to close in on Sparkblade. "DO YOU FEEL THAT? IT IS WHAT EATS AT MY VERY BEING EVERY DAY. IT IS WHAT FUELS MY RAGE. MY ANGER. MY BLOODTHIRST." Those were all lies, at least in a literal sense. While she did feel the urges to spill blood as a result of her parasite, it was less the actual beings in her blood themselves as opposed to feeling that obligated her to use her ability to it's logical end.

Necrodytis opened the gauntlets as she advanced on the tired Paragon, ready to spill the Sparkblade's guts out once she got the chance. She'd sleep soundly tonight.

"NOW LET THAT PAIN BE THE LAST THING YOU EVER FEEL!"

Though it seemed Necrodytis had been sidetracked by whatever had intervened as well, both her and Shuzo soon regained intent to put an end to this clash, and the latter watched as she quickly advanced upon him. Shuzo, still rather irked at everything going on and hoping to put all of it behind him as soon as possible, simply began taking deep breaths, in and out. The lightning surging around him seemed to move with the rise and fall of his lungs, growing in intensity and relaxing just as quickly. Shuzo then tore his mask away before suddenly glaring at Necrodytis, his eyes flashing an intense, bright crimson.

The mercenary's poisoned claws struck air, as Shuzo suddenly disappeared in a crackle or red electricity; Necrodytis hadn't any time to comprehend what happened, however, before she felt a foot slam against the back of her head, knocking her to the ground. With a roar, she spun and swung at where the impact had come from, but to no avail once more. Two arms came crashing down upon her shortly after this time, slamming her down onto the concrete, and the pattern of Necrodytis swinging at air and suffering an unforeseen counterattack persisted several times before the mercenary found herself in a standoff with her target one last time.

Shuzo watched her with steely eyes, bolts of lightning continuing to crackle around his body--though their intensity had somewhat subsided now that the former Paragon had vented a good deal of his irritation. The two maintained eye contact for a few more tense seconds before Shuzo heaved a decisive sigh and spoke.

"Alright. I'm finishing this."

With that conclusion, he lunged forward, winding back and aiming a right hook at Necrodytis' jaw as he quickly approached. A direct hit wouldn't kill her, but it'd put her to sleep for a while.

@BurbleBurble

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lilian

Lilian took her time with a bite before speaking up "Maybe we can move back to london, maybe see if we can find anything to look back on my old masters family." She suggested.

Countium Dwight

The woman behind the desk took a long pull from her coffee, making some last marks on her paper before picking them up and loading them into a paper folder. She grabbed it and offered it to Alpha "Take this down to Dr Johns office, he should be preparing another prototype soon."

Rose Nala

Rose looked at Alan and Might girl, before glancing at the fighters in annoyance. She spoke up to the newcomers "If you two can go out there can make a show, I can plant fear in their hearts, hopefully that will calm the down."

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Berchtwald
VROOOMvrumvrumvrum-vrum-...vrum-sputter.
Berchtwald coasted through the ruins of the once-great city in his modified car. It rolled to a complete stop in front of a building that had not one, not two, but three stories that were, however barely, standing. "Time to get to vork!" The scienticist exited the car, bringing with him what seemed to be an overcomplicated metal detector, which it was exactly that. He waved the device over piles of debris, finding coins and the occasional tin can. He found dog tags, aluminum bats, doorknobs, wires, silverware, pipes, and even things like a toaster and a gold tooth. He hauled the items to his backseat, but he still had a lot of room. "Phew, vhere are all zee big pieces of metal?" Berchtwald walked back towards the ruins, still waving his device back and forth. He walked up to a pile of rubble he hasn't searched yet, and the metal detector went crazy. "Oho, vhat's zis?" He put down his metal detector and began rummaging through the fragments of cement. There was a whole stove half-buried in here! He touched a button on the metal detector, and it morphed into a shovel. He began to dig.
Eventually, it was modestly dug out, but now he had to actually get it out. The small, scrawny scientist grabbed the stove and pulled, but it didn't budge. This wasn't gonna be easy.

Gates

The big tree person didn't budge, instead it just dug in the dirt with its finger. "Wow, I know my backyard is shitty, but do you really have to mess it up worse?" She squinted at the words, only being able to make out a couple, being written in dirt. "Warren? As in Charles Warren? Yeah, he's the reason you can't stay! Now move it or lose it, buddy!" Barnaby quacked in discomfort and squirmed out from Melody's arms, and then waddled over to the other end of the yard.
@| Korutesu |

Luigi

The casino's front doors swung open, and there stood Luigi Esposito in a bright white tuxedo, contrasted by a black bowtie and shiny black wingtip shoes. "Time to lose a shitload of money." He grinned, and then took out and opened up a tin box, taking out a cuban-made cigar from inside.
A montage of rolling dice and slapping down cards later, Luigi took a pit stop at the bar. "Can I get a glass of tequila? ...And put a little umbrella thing in it too, I like those things." He flashed his award-winning smile, and the bartender went off to fulfill the customer's request. The former Veggie Man turned around and leaned against the counter to survey the casino in its entirety. This was like heaven for shmucks like him, the smell of rage, money, and drugs in the air. This was the life. That wasn't the first time that sentiment crossed his mind that day, either, which just goes to show how true it was.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Elias
With great curiosity about this zombie like creature, Eli opted to follow it as it shambles along, not bothering to stay hidden he simply walked along just behind it. If it was sone kind of zombie then someone must have created it, so maybe if he followed he would find someone who can actually put together a full sentence. He sighed and grimaces slightly as his attempts to ignore the creatures rotting stench were in vain, but he continued to follow, blocking out the smell as best he could.
@DevVoid

Forsythe
As Forsythe finished up the last of the meal he pondered Lilian's suggestion, "hmm, that's not a bad idea, it's actually been a lot longer than 10 years since I've been to London, before I knew you were still alive I avoided the place so it's been a very long time. I wonder how it failed during the disasters" he said as he scratches his chin thoughtfully.
@The Dark Fairy

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Lilian

Lilian shrugged her shoulders “Last I heard, ten years ago, London was a mound the best in terms of staying intact, though that’s kinda relative.”

Kerco

Kerco sighed as he saw Alice Alice all away, nothing to do with her, just something he did to clear his head as he turned. He noticed, not for the first time, that a good portion of building were nearing completion. This would help spread the living conditions, but far from the end. He walked down the hill he was on, wandering through the construction, stopping occasionally to ask how things were going or to greet an acquaintance. Soon passing their territory into the true rubble, stuff they had not touched except to salvage.
Kerco examined the rubble, he would have to call the actual construction experts to see where they were going next, but he know enough to point in a direction. Soon however he came across something, not necessarily uncommon(except for the metal detector), though certainly interesting.
Stopping near Berchtwald, quieter than the wind, he took stock for a mere moment before speaking “What brings you out to the end of the world?”

| Korutesu |

Belerick

Belerick needed to think of what to do to convince her to let him stay, though it was going to be hard. Belerick was going to give up at this point, so he curled back up again storing power. She nor her ducks would have to worry about him, and it would be much less risky than to leave in broad daylight.

Alpha

Doctor Dwight had given Alpha the folder, as he took it from Doctor Dwight's hands. "I'll bring it to him now. Let me know if you need anything Doctor." Alpha soon left the room carrying the folder that Doctor Dwight had given to him. Alpha soon arrived in-front of Doctor John's office.

He knocked on his door, then opened the door. "Hello. I'm here to give you this folder from Doctor Dwight." As he walked up to the desk and placed the folder on his desk. "I'll leave you to it." Alpha then walked away, leaving the office. Alpha walked on back to Dwight's office. "Do you need anything else? I can get it for you if you need me to." Alpha asked Dwight one last time.

Lady in Black

The casino was a cute little place. There was certainly something different about casinos back here in the U.S. Perhaps it was the atmosphere, the familiarity of it all... Lady in Black had missed it. It hadn't taken too long for her to connect with some of her old contacts, figure out where this place was. Of course, she had dressed up for it too. A form fitting black dress, with subtle black sparkles inlaid in the dress as well. And of course, her favorite pair of black sunglasses and heels.

It had been a good time so far, and the dice had mostly rolled in her favor. Taking her winning from the craps table, Lady made her way over to the bar and ordered herself a Manhattan.
"Can I get a glass of tequila? ...And put a little umbrella thing in it too, I like those things." A voice said as a larger man sat down at the bar. Lady looked over to the man. Well dressed, with dark brown hair and expensive Cuban cigars. Very nice. Not only that... he seemed familiar, somehow. Where had she seen that face before?

"A cocktail umbrella. They're all the rage down in the Caribbean, even with the world being as it is today." Lady said to Luigi. The woman moved down a seat so she would be sitting next to the ex-hero and offered him a coy smile, taking her drink with her. Lady leaned on the bar.
"You know, I believe we were throwing dice at the same table for a few minutes there. Thanks to your luck, I made a pretty penny." Lady said to Luigi. "Many thanks."
@Psymallard

"How the hell did I let you take me to this mess?" "This is the most excitement we've ever seen in years, you're welcome." "What do you mean 'you're welcome'? I wanted none of this." "You might say that but this beats lazing around all day with nothing to do." "That is for me to decide and I much prefer staying away from trouble!"

Leaned up against a fallen wall debris, a figure stood observing the situation that is unfolding, trying to stay out of sight. The shape appeared to be a featureless humanoid with its colors changed to match the wall behind them. "We need to get out of here as soon as possible." "Agreed, last I checked that drone like machine flew off in that direction." The figure appeared to be having an internal argument between two different voices on what to do next. "We are not going after the drone, it looks like it has its own business to attend to and I don't want to know what it'll do to someone who tries to interrupt it." "William, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, when else can we expect to find something alien that so happens to be technology?" "That's not the point, messing with the unknown can lead to disastrous outcomes. Aliens were the reason the world is in this state in the first place!" "The hologram message said it was here to help rebuild. It isn't the same as those from 10 years ago William, you can stop worrying so much." "Even so, its still not wise to do thi-" Before the male voice could finish, the shape began slowly creeping its body past the wall towards the location the drone is currently in. "Hey wait! Damn it Eve don't just decide to take action without me like this!"

Last edited:
Necrodytis

Each blow rattled the armor, denting it, paint chipping off. Necrodytis's head was spinning, ill protected compared to the rest of her body- Leaving her prone to every other hit, desperately clawing at air with each successive hit. It seemed that the years hadn't quite caught up to the vicious vigilante, even if he tried to vehemently deny his position and power. She seemed to have truly pissed him off too, given the whole act of ripping off the mask, the wild surges of red lightning.

Eventually, they faced one another, Necrodytis rasping for breath through her mask. A trickle of blood went down the left side of her face, having been scraped in the conflict. Her yellow eyes glaring towards Shuzo with a similar intensity. Anger? At this point, yes. How the hell was he so on top of things?

That said, he made a mistake by announcing his intention to finish things. As he swung his fist, no doubt planning on putting her out of commission, she leaned back. The punch instead slammed into her mask, which went flying off. Clattering to the ground.

And for a split second, the two were facing one another. No masks to cover themselves. Truly exposed. She took note of this, breathing in, no rasp. No fanfare.

And a split second after, Necrodytis swung her leg around, slamming Sparkblade in the side, and hard. There was no blood spilled, but it'd probably leave a nasty bruise. Well aware of the danger of leaving him to his own devices, though, Necrodytis followed the man's body as he faltered for a moment. Elbowing him, sending him to the ground. And finally, pinning him under her boot. She ground the heel in a bit, just to hammer home her point.

"Well aren't you lucky. Not a lot of people get to see me without the mask on. Fewer survive." She didn't even try to keep up her persona now, as she opened her gauntlet, clearly intending to dive them into his head not long after. "I'll drop the theatrics and make this quick, like I should've done in the first place. You got anyone you'd like me to inform of your death? I doubt your body will be recognizable by the time anyone finds it, so I might as well tell them myself."

Despite how dour and cruel the question was, Necrodytis was being genuine. She wasn't a monster. Just doing her job.

The Alright Attorney

The longer the fight between the two supers went on, the clearer it became that Alan's assumption was correct. The one in the armor definitely came across as the more dangerous one, and if they needed to put anyone down first, it was her. Not that it would exactly be easy though. Both her and the man were extremely talented fighters, trading blows with each other at a steady pace and neither of them seemingly letting up anytime soon.

"We need some kind of an opening. When that one in the armour isn't expecting it, I'm tossing this." Alan turned back towards Might Girl again, lightly tossing the sonic grenade in the air. "Hopefully it'll stun her enough for you or Lightening Lad to knock her down." He turned his attention towards the other woman. "I have literally no idea what you mean by planting fear, but if it'll help incapacitate them, go for it. After MG gets her hit in, you run in and do your thing. Be on your toes and ready to go."

The sound of metal clanging onto the street pavement caught the former Paragon's attention, shifting his body to see the assassin now unmasked and seemingly going for the kill. She spoke to her target, seemingly asking him one last question, but Alan didn't have time to question it. Instead, he just take the opening presented to him. Gripping the homemade grenade tight, Alan pressed a series of buttons to start the countdown. "Alright, it's now or never." With those final words, he pitched the weapon, aiming straight for the now exposed head of Necrodytis. Just before it could make contact with her, the countdown reached zero, and the device let out an ear piercing boom. "Take your chance now Might Girl!" Alan looked back towards her, giving her a nod and flashing a thumbs up to Rose.

Last edited:

comic

Might Girl
The girl frowned, looking toward Rose, whom she'd accidentally covered in rubble dust when standing up from the ruins she'd unintentionally made, asking what Vanessa's plan was through coughs. "My plan? Stop the bad guy, of course." She beamed, placing her hands on her hips. "A wise comic book once taught me that 'with great power comes great responsibility'. I have great power, so the responsible thing to use it for would be to stop others from getting hurt, even if it hurts me in the process."
At that moment, Martin rejoined them, eyeing the gash in Vanessa's suit. "Looks you didn't sustain too much damage. But it still hurt like hell." He commented. "I doubt you're going to give up. So we need to find a way to stop this. My suggestion is we find out which of them is more dangerous and take them out first."

"Well that's easy." Might Girl replied, pointing toward the woman who was beginning to back her opponent into a corner. "She's the one talking about killing and rotting and being edgy and stuff. Obviously the bad guy. As for him..." She paused, brow furrowing. Everyone knew about the 'red lightning dude', but it wasn't like this random guy was the very same as the red lightning dude. That was ludicrous. Silly, even. Everyone knew the Paragons of old had disappeared. Probably off to wait in a cave to get recruited by the next generation or something.
"I get better vibes off him." Vanessa shrugged. Martin, however, didn't appear to be convinced by her 'vibes', reaching into his coat and pulling out a metal cylinder. "Sonic grenade." He introduced her and Rose to it. "Imagine a Flashbang without the Flash. It's pretty strong. I just finished making it before you arrived. Was hoping to save it but..." He paused briefly. "If we don't stop them innocent people could get hurt."
"Innocent people are probably already hurt." Vanessa replied, levitating a few inches off the ground as she said this, Necrodytis and Sparkblade still duking it out in the background, the former of which was gaining the upperhand. However, Rose spoke next, her words making Vanessa freeze for a moment. "If you two can go out there and make a show, I can plant fear in their hearts. Hopefully that will calm the down."
"Do what to who." Might Girl blinked. Plant fear in their hearts? What the hell was that supposed to mean? "You don't need to, like..." She glanced toward the two combatants, her voice trailing away as she realized they both had exposed one another's faces. Vanessa barely listened to Martin devise a strategy as the girl watched the armored woman bring down the man Vanessa recognized. It wasn't as though she knew him on a personal level, but she had seen pictures once upon a time. At a time when...

"Again."
Her arms felt weak, noodle-like. This wasn't fair, not even remotely fun, but he didn't care. Her fist bounced harmlessly off of the silver armor of Quietus, who reacted by slashing his elbow across her face, a blade emerging from said elbow. Before she even collapsed to the ground, his knee had slugged into her gut, launching her several feet across the room.
"Again."
Vanessa let out a huff, tears stinging her eyes as she pushed her upper body off the ground, tasting blood in her mouth. "I-I can't..." She grunted, looking toward the third individual in the room, watching them. "If you can't, then you're useless." He replied. "If you can't, then neither can you continue to live. I said 'again'."
Lower lip trembling, Vanessa climbed to her feet- before Quietus' boot forced her face into the ground, leaving a sizable dent.

Only about thirty minutes later, Vanessa was dabbing a wet rag on her wounds, the towel given to her by Quietus. He wasn't a mean guy, he just listened to his master. The man himself approached, waving Quietus off, who turned and trudged silently away. Vanessa couldn't make herself look at the man's eyes.
"Why do you continue to resist?" He asked. She had no answer to give him. After a moment of silence, he let out a sigh, before tossing a folder onto the table before her, and flipping it open. "You have so much potential, yet you refuse to use it. You have laser eyes, damnit. Why not use them?"
"I..." She wasn't sure how he'd react to this. "I don't want to hurt anyone." Her eyes traveled to the folder to find pictures of different individuals. "Maybe so, but you will." He replied, his voice grave. "You are the flesh and blood of Patriot. You should amount to him, and then some." He pointed to the picture of her father. His smug face grinning slyly at the camera, perfect hair swept to the side, a twinkle to his inhuman grin. "Who... are the others?" She asked, noticing that there were plenty more images of other people. "Targets. Missions. Tasks, if you will." He waved his hand as he spoke. "Memorize their faces. One day, you will take their lives. I will guarantee that."

Her eyes felt burned by this as she stared at them. Patriot, Cretecon, Elasticity, Silver Sword, Prince Percy, Keiji, Destiny, Doctor Chrome, Sparkblade, all names and faces scored into her minds eye before she forced herself to look away. Sparkblade looked different than he had in that grainy image of his face, yet regardless, she knew it was him. Her hunch before hadn't been misplaced.
He was a Paragon, or an ex-Paragon, and he was currently at the mercy of his opponent, who was about to kill him.
Vanessa felt frozen in place, for at least a moment, considering the resurfaced memories, the recognition of a Paragon, and the fact that he was about to die. She blinked as Martin threw his Sonic grenade, which went off, snapping Vanessa back into place just as Martin shouted; "Take your chance now Might Girl!"
"R-right!" She shook her head, and with a boom, shot from her position, kicking up debris in her wake as she made to slam into Necrodytis and send her spiraling into another building for an effect much the same as Might Girl had experienced moments earlier.

As the featureless figure made its way to the other side of the wall, the racket coming from the scuffle they left behind seemed to have gotten more intense. "Sounds like shouting." William commented while sliding away from the scene. In the meantime, Eve's attention was drawn towards a metallic object that had been knocked over to their side of the wall. Without a second thought, the suit extended its arm towards the object, sending out a set of tendrils to grab Necrotytis' fallen mask.

In a matter of seconds, the nanobots coming in contact with the mask appeared to dissolve said object and absorbed it into its mass. "Eve what was that?" Noticing the movement, William began feeling worried that Eve's reckless action would get them noticed by one of the many people nearby. "I saw something interesting, don't worry I absorbed it really quickly as to not draw attention." "That doesn't make it any better, you could have been spotted why won't you be more careful?" Letting out a sigh, William decided they should move on. "You wanted to go check out that Drone right? Let's get to it then, the sooner we leave the better."

Last edited:
Necrodytis

The first answer she got was an intense ringing noise, overwhelming her ears. "What the hell is that...?!" She said, certain this wasn't the work of her pinned victim.

The second she got was getting absolutely rocked. She didn't even see- or hear -It coming, as something that felt like a freight train smashed into her. Necrodytis flew back, her armor smashing through a wall, tumbling through an abandoned lobby, before going through another wall. That one was thankfully just drywall, as she came to a halt in an empty office.

Her head was still spinning as she got her bearings about her. A voice was repeating in her ear. 'Warning: Critical Damage to armor in multiple areas. End conflict and retreat.'

"
What...the...fuck..." She grumbled, pulling herself to her feet, investigating the immediate damages. A large chunk of her breast plate was dented in, falling to the ground as she stood up. One of her arms felt actual pain, the armor on it severely damaged. Chunks of bloody black steel were missing, the clawed gauntlet practically destroyed from the impact.

Actually, scratch that- Her entire body felt sore as hell. The armor had dampened the blows from Sparkblade, but whatever this was nearly punched right through it, not to mention sending her into two walls. It was damn good armor, but even it had some limits. Necrodytis's grey face was matted with her stark red blood, sweat, and dust now, as she slowly felt that fear begin to encumber her.

Could it of been...Well, he'd be the only one able to...No, he was dead. Long dead. So who could it of been...?

She began to step back towards the way she had been thrown, growling. Anger and adrenaline was just barely beating out fear at this point, with a deep annoyance in the back of her head for not just slitting Sparkblade's throat when he wasn't expecting it. Necrodytis wasn't about to linger around the scene for much longer, not as long as whatever hit her was still around...

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Rose Nala

Rose saw the nervousness in Might girl, though at the moment, she had larger issues to deal with as it was not debilitating, glancing at Alan and getting a confirmation. She watch carefully (Or nearby closed her eyes for the bright light) the flash bang, and then might girl launching Necrodytis away into several walls. Rose let out a small huff of annoyance before reaching out to the two fighters, swelling their feelings of fear, and then curbing and extracting their senses of anger.

A curse slipped through gritted teeth as Shuzo found himself pinned to the ground, Necrodytis' heel grinding against the side of his head. His red lightning crackled weakly around him as he faltered, helpless as he could only listen to the mercenary above him speak, presumably the last words he'd hear before his demise soon arrived.

"....anyone you'd like me to inform of your death?"

Slamming a fist to the ground with a growl of anger, akin to a wild dog's last rage against its end, Shuzo felt his fatigue catch up to him, and despite his struggles, his lightning finally fizzed out, the last remnants of determination soon following. He heaved a sigh of defeat and opened his mouth to speak, a hoarse whisper escaping in what seemed to be his final moments.

"Just one person."

Suddenly, a fierce, dissonant ringing pierced through the air, disorienting both Necrodytis and Shuzo as the latter quickly covered his ears to the best of his ability. He hadn't the time to find or ponder the source of the noise when suddenly, the weight on his head abruptly eased as the sound of a tremendous collision rang out above him. As soon as the opportunity presented itself, Shuzo forced himself up as quickly as possible, pushing against the ringing in his ears, the burn on his arm, and the bruises everywhere else.

A scan of his surroundings revealed that Necrodytis had suddenly disappeared from the scene, and the sound of yet another building sustaining some sort of impact. What it also revealed, much closer to Shuzo than everything else, was a younger girl, definitely not Necrodytis; she floated in the air, cape flowing behind her, and something about her..... he couldn't put his finger on it, but something about her reminded him of something--well, someone irritating. Following her gaze, Shuzo saw the wreckage of a nearby building, just barely making out the silhouette of a heavily battered Necrodytis.

Had she been launched through that structure? Had that girl been the one to do it?

The sudden sequence of events that had transpired had only added to Shuzo's confusion, and more so to his irritation. However, just as he began to advance upon Necrodytis once more to thoroughly put an end to all of this, lightning crackling to life once again, a wave of uncertainty suddenly crashed down upon him, stopping him in his tracks. Though the emotion had felt foreign to him up to this point, regardless of whatever had caused it, such uncertainty had seemingly outweighed his agitation enough to disorient him from his objective. Despite his best efforts in a brief mental struggle, Shuzo cursed under his breath and let out one last huff before turning to glance at the newcomers he had just noticed. Peering at the guy with a metal arm, the flying girl who reminded him of someone long gone, and the..... the fox woman?

Okay, peering at the fox woman, Shuzo continued to stare silently, and with one final glare back at Necrodytis, he took in a sharp inhale, harnessed his electricity, and struck the ground with his palm. A bolt of red lightning descended from the sky and slammed down onto the earth where Shuzo stood, and in a flash of crimson light, he was gone, leaving nothing but burn marks that branched outward from where his feet used to be.

- - -

Trudging into his apartment room with an exhausted sigh, Shuzo took a cold shower and soon sat against his couch in the living room, sake glass in hand as he watched whatever channel had been on the TV last time. Not that it mattered--he only watched the news, anyway. It was usually the same thing every day: an update on Warren's new endeavors, the ongoing hunt for unregistered supers, reconstruction in areas that remained severely impacted, yet another gang brutally eliminated by unknown vigilante without a trace.

That last one struck an uncomfortable chord with Shuzo, as he attempted to wash down his discomfort with cheap sake, but the mention of vigilante still prompted him to cast a cursory glance to the swords hung above his fireplace. As much as he tried to bury and avoid his previous occupation, the events earlier today served no other purpose than a reminder of Shuzo's inescapable past. Staring at the bandages wrapped around his arm, Shuzo sighed and directed his gaze to the ceiling, whispering empty reassurances to himself.

Sparkblade is dead.

Yet, the glint of television light reflecting off of the glossy sheathes of his blades, the numerous books regarding ancient mythology and untold meteorological phenomena scattered around the floor, and the black half mask with crimson embellishments on a nearby table had never felt more imposing.

The Alright Attorney

It was an impressive display of strength, seeing Might Girl attack the armoured assassin and sending her flying across the street. Alan stood in awe for a moment, taken aback at just how much power she seemed to pack in that single attack. Hell, it even reminded him a certain someone but... "Nah, that's impossible..." The scavenger muttered out, just as he saw Rose run up and seemingly did what she said she would do.

"God, how many people with powers are still lurking around in this city." Alan jumped over the rubble he was taking cover behind and ran up towards Vanessa and the man that was attacked. Before he could even try to say anything to him, the man disappeared in a flash of red lightening, Alan instinctively covering his face to protect himself from the dust. "Yeah you're welcome bud." Despite his sarcastic remark, Alan found himself curiously thinking about the man and his red lightening, a memory tickling the back of his head that he just couldn't place yet.

He put those thoughts aside for now and looked back at Might Girl and Rose, giving them another nod. "Well, guess things worked out well enough for us. Good work, I guess." However, out of the corner of his eye, Alan noticed a figure moving around slightly, and he turned his gaze towards it. "Looks like that assassin is still kicking. What are you gonna do." Alan said aloud, glancing up at Might Girl. "Probably not wise to aggravate her again."

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Rose Nala

Rose looked at Alan, following him to Vanessa “You probably came to the same spot every super nearby heard and came to.” She turned her sight back to the assassin, reaching into her belt pouch to pull out a glass vial. She held it up towards Necrodytis, sensing her anger, and gently taking into the vial as her hand glowed a hot, deep red. When the deed was done she slipped the vial away and got ready for something to happen.

| Korutesu |

Marie and Tanner / NYC / Midnight

Both Tanner and Marie were at an abandoned auditorium, where their souls are trapped up to this day. Both of them were arguing that night, usually they'd be singing, filling the streets of NYC with pleasant tunes, but that night was different. Discord and Disharmony had filled the streets of NYC that night, Since Tanner and Marie had been arguing.

"We've been stuck here for so LONG now Marie!"
"Well, I've been the only one who's been trying to escape!"
"Then try harder, Marie!" Tanner shouted, then stormed off, leaving Marie in the dim moonlight. While Marie "teared" up due to them fighting so much.

Tanner sat down in a dim room in the auditorium, since they were able to move around inside, though not allowed to leave. The moonlight shone through a hole in the roof, as Tanner looked up to see a Third-Quarter moon, which mean he was soon able to leave the auditorium, even though it was just for a few hours.

Marie still stood in the dimly lit area, though a few minutes pass, as she started to float around the auditorium, taking a peek where Tanner was sitting, though just went past him, since she knew he probably didn't want to talk at that moment. She went back to the stage, where she started to sing a melody, which again filled the street with pleasance, as the night once again became quiet. Tanner had heard his sister's voice, as he calmed down once more as he stood up, ready to apologize to her.

"Hey, Heard your singing.. It was nice."
"Oh! Tanner, Uh.. Thank you." Marie replied with a blush, if ghosts could even blush. though in her case, it wasn't noticeable.
"Look, I-I'm sorry... about, you know." Tanner let out a sigh, as he said those words. She nodded, then she soon said sorry as well, since it was both their faults anyway. Both of them sat down on the stage, sighing in boredom. They wouldn't know when they'd finally be free, though the only thing they could do was wait. Though it was always the same thing, Tanner would get mad at Marie, they'd have an argument, then soon after they would apologize to eachother. It was always like this when they argued, but they would always make up after half an hour, which soothed both of their nerves.

Tanner then stood up, and held his hand out to help Marie stand up. He grabbed one of the microphones, and started singing a little tune. Marie stood there, listening to his tune. Soon thereafter, both of them were singing while the night was filled with their voices, a sweet lullaby for those who were still awake.

comic

Might Girl
You know, there's a reason you weren't supposed to go that speed and collide with something that hard. It hurt, somehow, even more than an entire story collapsing on her. That wasn't to say Vanessa collapsed and started writhing as though she'd stubbed her toe something horrible, but her shoulder was certainly stinging fiercely. Thankfully that wouldn't last, what with a pretty outstanding healing factor and whatnot.
Rubbing her shoulder, Vanessa watched as Necrodytis crashed into an adjacent building- but wasn't down for the count. Damn, Vanessa couldn't recall the last time somebody had taken a hit like that and wasn't immediately out of it. In the hero's defense, this was her first time doing this anyway. It wasn't like she casually threw common criminals through buildings, after all.

With a triumphant grin, Vanessa turned to face Sparkblade- but immediately found herself shielding her eyes as crimson lightning shattered the dull sky, and the ex-Paragon was gone. Para-gone. She was saving that one. Shaking her head, Vanessa looked around, but found no trace of the man.
Rose and Martin were joining her where she stood. The latter gave Might Girl a brief nod. "Well, guess things worked out well enough for us. Good work, I guess." Vanessa shrugged in response. "That's what heroes do." She stated matter-of-factly, but her new friend's attention had already diverted. "Looks like that assassin is still kicking. What are you gonna do." Vanessa had almost forgotten. She did that a lot. Distractions were just too easy to come by. "Probably not wise to aggravate her again." Martin advised. "Wait, 'her'?" Vanessa blinked. "Assassin? How do you know all that? I thought it was just some new Warren thing trying to take on a super- no no no, not just any super, do you guys know who that was!? That was Sparkblade! Paragon! Uh... yeah, not many titles, but still! Exciting business! I knew all the Paragons weren't dead."
It would seem Vanessa had distracted herself from the threat Necrodytis posed. Again.

The Alright Attorney

Seemingly brushing aside the business with the assassin for now, Might Girl started to speak about the other combatant that disappeared before their eyes. Despite her seeming excitement, as soon as she said that word an immediate sense of dread washed over Alan's body. "That was Sparkblade! Paragon!" She exclaimed, and that scratched that familiar itch Alan had when he saw the man. He remembered back ten years ago, when he was a Paragon. Rumours of a vigilante named Sparkblade in the city. Alan never encountered the man himself but he heard about how he apparently joined the Paragons after Alan left the team.

That was all Alan knew, but knowing there were still Paragons out there, ones that didn't give up when when things got tough. People that ignored their fears and kept to their guns. They were heroes not cowards. It all made an overwhelming sense of shame return to Alan, a feeling he had thought he abandoned.

"They may not all be dead but The Paragons are long gone. If they were still here they would have done something these past ten years. I know they're probably suffering as much as the rest of us, but we shouldn't try to rely on them." Alan said, putting his sunglasses back on. He didn't want Rose and Might Girl to see his eyes.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Berchtwald
"SVEET MOZER OF ZE FAZERLÜND!" The scientist was snuck up on, almost giving him a heart attack. The shovel was immediately held upwards like a weapon, just in case he had to defend himself. "Who are you? If you're another scrapper, zen go away! Zis metal is for a cause much to great for you to comprehend!" The scientist adjusted his grip on the weapon, before ever-so-slowly inching towards his car. He had a comical look of defiance on his face as he stared down Kerco, even though the superhuman could probably kick his ass.
@The Dark Fairy

Melody Gates
The hunk of wood just went and curled up again. Great. "Alright, I'm calling the police." She strode over to Barnaby, picking the duck up against its wishes, and then strode back to the house.
Melody slid the glass door shut, but instead of going to the phone right away, she stopped to think. Barnaby freed himself once again and waddled over to his companions while his owner weighed her options. As of this moment, there were three. One, she could call the police. That was probably the safest option, but she got nervous about the thought of law enforcement around Barnaby. Two, she could fire off Barnaby to scare him off, but someone could see them. Third option: let him be.
Wait. What day was it? Oh, shit. She had a date today, and she was already late. This tree guy could stay for now, but if he was still here by the time she got back, Melody was calling the cops. Then, she shooed the ducks back into their room, threw on some clothes, fixed her hair, and dashed out of the door.

Luigi Esposito
A woman joined with the ex-hero at the bar. He immediately looked her up and down, damn she was smokin'. "Cocktail umbrella, that's what it is." Luigi quickly swept his hair back into place, and then continued, "Yeah, don't mention it. The point of comin' to places like these is to throw away your money, anything you win is just a bonus." At this point, the Tequila came, and Veggie Man didn't hesitate to grab it and down a gulp. "But I'd be glad to throw away a couple more bucks if you let me buy you a drink." This man was a shameless flirt when someone caught his eye, even more so now that he was on a couple drugs. He didn't notice any glint of familiarity in Lady's eyes, whether it was the woman's superhuman poker face or just Luigi's clouded mental faculties no one could say for sure. Veggie Man was dead, and Luigi hoped to keep it that way.
@Captain Cardboard

Lady in Black

"Well, how could a lady turn that down?" The Lady in Black asked with a smile. As she spoke, the woman was mentally going through a list of people in her head. Not an assassin, or a crime boss. Was he a hero? But a hero, in a place like this? The Lady in Black could see something like that, but something about this guy didn't sit right with him being a hero. He was too... spicy. He already seemed rather inebriated, not exactly a heroic trait. Now she was feeling curious.
"Have a name, handsome?" The Lady in Black asked.
@Psymallard