• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Paragons - Act II

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Yin Li
She glanced back in Shuzo's direction, watching as he stepped out of the room. "Wherever my feet take me," she stated, rotating her shoulder lightly before nodded with her head down the hall. "You're welcome to join me, Sparkblade." With the shrug of her eyebrows, she turned back around and continued to walk her way out, feeling a knot slowly but ultimately fail to unwind in the middle of her back. Sleeping on the edge like she often did had its pros and cons--and comfort was far from a luxury she allowed. Making the enemies she had, one could never be too prepared.

Li made her way out of the cheap hotel once she'd descended the stairwell and exited the lobby, finding herself on the cold yet wet streets of Tokyo. This part of the town wasn't anything "special", exactly, as it was on the more deteriorated side of town. Still, neon signs hung up where they could, advertising this or that, casting their unique glows down upon the reflective concrete and asphalt underfoot.
She paused, taking in the sight around for only a moment, before she rotated her shoulder again, trying to undo the knot still twisting at her back, and then she continued. Despite it being very early morning, the streets remained populated as people walked from place to place or stood about chatting among one another, plenty of yakuza punks patrolling about- though they weren't a target for now.

Shuzo

Shuzo just barely suppressed a raise of his eyebrow upon hearing Li's response, then watched her continue on her way out with an invitation to join her if he wanted. Despite still being mentally and emotionally fatigued from the beatdown he'd received only minutes ago, the former Paragon cracked his neck and blinked several times to force himself into even a modicum of consciousness before following the woman in front of him.

"Just in case you do something stupid."

Though he said nothing more, Shuzo's mind continued to suffer an onslaught of voices and pandemonium, further throwing him into disarray as he walked. Raikos' words repeatedly pierced his sense of peace and sanity from every direction, and as he continued to endure and struggle through the consequences of his stubbornness, the heir apparent to the Herald of the Silverbolt slowly realized how suffocating his heavily imposing destiny had been since he'd learned of it. The last thing Shuzo wanted to do was trouble Li with his own burdens, but should he suffer and succumb alone....

The two exited the hotel and strolled down the quiet streets of early morning Tokyo, neon signs reflected in the puddles on the street. They were silent as they walked, Shuzo lost in deep thought as he stared at the ground. The last thing he wanted to do was trouble Li with his own burdens, but should he suffer and succumb alone, she was the only one he could trust with the only option he could think of. Shuzo took a deep breath, directed his gaze to Li, and opened his mouth to break the silence.

"...Can I buy you a drink? There's something I need to tell you."

Flora Skade II

The flight was more bearable when you could brace for it. Not exactly better but it also wasn't that bad. And she had a fairly firm grip...It wasn't too worrying.

In fact, all of this seemed too good for the wannabe Herald; As she was brought to an actual building, with actual windows and doors. Located on an actual street, not a molten hunk of cracked asphalt. It was a very odd change of pace...She wasn't used to this at all. Suspicion called out to her, but also...Hmm...

'Flora' stepped into the building, after a cursory glance to ensure her hair was still mostly tucked away. Deep breath in, exhale through the nostrils. Looking at the two men there.

They were...familiar. In the absolute vaguest sense. Less so then Might Girl, who was apparently named Vanessa. Depending if she told the scruffier of the two men the truth. Where was that name from...

She'd figure it out eventually. Skade was holding back her power, but any contact would reveal her to still be cold to the touch, odd given their environment, even in the air conditioned building. So she settled for half heartedly waving towards the men, and croaking out a "H-hello." Shit, she was terrible with small talk. She'd just have to hope Vanessa would fill in most of that...

comic

Might Girl
Kerco elaborated that Rose had gone out for a moment to collect a treat as he let the two girls in. Hopefully it was something that Flou-Flow-Flora could enjoy. Martin greeted her entry back into Rose's home, then proceeded to ask if she'd found anything.
"Ta-da!" Vanessa gestured grandiosely toward Flora the Stutterer as she entered in after her. "She's a young super, like me!" she crossed her arms over her chest. "Pretty 'cool' too," Might Girl then proceeded to give a dad-joke-worthy wink, before she plopped down on the ground criss-cross-applesauce.
"I got her out of a fight between some trash babies and a violent theatre student. She's hungry and stuff, so I figured this would be the best place to bring her! She can get fuel up on food, then maybe I can ask her about..." she leaned in. "The BIG thing!" referencing her desire to build a new team of Paragons. "It's basically perfect!"

Yin Li
Shuzo was distracted along the walk, clearly distressed. His eyes were distant, and troubled, something she didn't fail to notice in the slightest. In truth, this whole thing she was doing was an attempt at his benefit. She'd hoped he'd get out of the room and follow, get some hair, and she'd hoped he'd say what he said next; "... Can I buy you a drink? There's something I need to tell you."
She slowed her pace, falling back to be in-step beside the super as her face remained its cold, stoic self as per usual. "Sure," she replied simply, her gaze scanning along the street at the different places still active--and she saw what she was looking for. A karaoke bar.
Nodding her head toward it, she glanced at Shuzo, noting his stiffness. "If it makes you feel better, I'll try to listen," she offered in the awkward joking manner she often procured when teasing, not being the best at those kinds of interactions, but something... encouraged her to slip her hand into his and interlace their fingers, a burning sensation creeping into her cheeks. Didn't matter how old one got, these small gestures were still... embarrassing. "Then we can sing karaoke."

Shuzo

Li'd accepted Shuzo's offer, gesturing toward a nearby karaoke bar with a nod of her head as she attempted to make another teasing quip. Her stoic demeanor and awkward snark were to be expected, considering their history since before the Reaping, but what the former Chief of Police did next abruptly took Shuzo aback.

The sudden sensation of her hand grazing his, their fingers slowly intertwining—it was a feeling unfamiliar to the former vigilante and Paragon... or perhaps simply hidden under buried memories. Yet, as silence befell the two and Shuzo barely made out the red in Li's face from the corner of his eye, still attempting to silently process everything, he found himself returning the gesture, his fingers now resting on Li's hand. Her subsequent offer to sing karaoke returned Shuzo to reality, prompting a scoff, as well as the slightest upward pull at his corners.

"With all due respect, I'd rather not torture you with my singing. Besides..." Despite the multitude of various feelings swirling in his mind, Shuzo recalled why he'd invited Li on this outing in the first place, and his originally somber demeanor soon returned.

"You'll want to hear what I have to tell you... because I'm telling you everything."

And he did.

Once the two had been seated and gotten everything settled, Shuzo finally told her everything. Starting from his first meeting with Warren during the attack on his facility, the name that had been revealed to him. His battle with Skade—the silver lightning he'd first witnessed in that intense clash, and the same name that continued to echo in his head. The aftermath of the Reaping—the nightmares, the visions, his recent encounters with Raikos both at the hospital and hotel. And finally...

"There may not be anything I can do anymore; Raikos has made it clear that no matter how much I struggle.... I'll eventually become his heir and vessel, and I'll inherit his power. We both experienced the Reaping first hand, so you know the scope of power I'm talking about."

With a sigh, Shuzo removed his mask, gazing at Li before speaking once more. He wanted his next words to be crystal clear, further speaking to the direness of what he was about to say.

"There's no one else I can trust with this. I don't plan on losing control any time in the foreseeable future, but if Raikos is right, and I end up as strong as a Herald, we can't afford to let that power loose on the planet for even a second. If or when I turn.... if I truly become Raikos' vessel...

...You need to promise me that you'll kill me before I get the chance."

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
Alan listened as Might Girl had regaled everyone with what she was up to in the short time she was gone. His eyes trailed back and forth between the young hero and the new comer, just as Might Girl finished with a not so subtle hint about possibly inviting this girl to join her proposed Paragons revival. Letting out another sigh, the scavenger plopped himself down on one of the chairs. "Trash babies? I'm guessing you mean Percy's crew. They may be kids, but they got enough of them to be a threat. I've always kept my distance."

Looking around, checking to see if anyone was paying to close of attention to him and Might Girl, he leaned over. "I know you're excited to get people in on this team of yours, but please tell me you're gonna put them through some kind of vetting process. You can't just pick up a super and expect them to work with the team." He muttered out, before leaning back a bit. "Maybe hitting up what's left of the Paragons HQ could give you some idea of who you could pick and choose? And possibly finding some gear. Admittedly that place was probably cleaned out by every scavenger in the city at this point though." Alan said, giving his own personal suggestion to the heroine.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
On his trip through the ruined area that once was New York City, Terry decided to check out the one building he always admired most - the Headquarters of the former hero team known as the Paragons, led by Patriot. On his stroll there, he reminisced about all the merch he had collected from the paragons back in his younger days - even when he grew of age, he could not stop holding every single one of them as people to look up to. And although many seemed to hate them today.. he still held each of them in a good view. Sure, they couldn't beat every threat that endangered the planet and its population, but then again.. who really could? Evil was an unstoppable, never-ending force, after all.

With a smoke bomb tossed to his feet, the magic man appeared atop the roof of an old shop, looking to the tower that was but a few blocks away now. Painted green from all the overgrown plants that had made the former tower of fame and glory their home, it gave Hagen a reminder of the inevitable. Even the greatest death can create potential for even greater good to arise from its ashes, like a reborn phoenix. The magician took a few deep breaths, getting himself into the mindset of Mr. Miracle and away from his own. From the apathetic, pessimistic Terry Hagen to the sympathetic, ecstatic and optimistic Mr. Miracle. After all, were there was rubble, there were raiders and scavengers abound, and that meant danger. And everyone knows what it means to be in danger - combat would not be too far away. And who could ever fight better than the ever-vigilant Mr. Miracle?

Twirling on the spot, Hagen's movement went through a noticeable change as it went from slow and mopey to quick and energetic. As he spun rapidly, his body became enveloped in a colour-changing energy as he shrank down until he was nothing but a mere crow, the magical energy fading once the transformation was completed. An animal most commonly seen around anywhere - even in mostly abandoned places like here. With that, the black-feathered human-turned-avian outstretched his wings and flew down a few blocks, landing atop a rusted, bent lamp post on a sidewalk directly opposite of the Hero HQ. Terry had not planned to move in and scour through its remnants - rather, for the moment, he'd simply like to watch it and reminisce of brighter times. Even so, he still remained on-guard, looking around every now and again to make sure no-one would try to snipe him, mistaking him for food.

Last edited:
Eyeing around him, Vibratus observed the large mass of garbage began stirring around him. "Hmm, it seem this brat is more strategic than he appeared to be at first glance." He commented at the sight of the much more concentrated nature of the trash prince's new attack compared to the big unfocused style of his previous ones. "However, it makes no difference to me."

The man raised his foot and rated his body back before stomping down with a loud boom. With that booming step, Vibratus released a wave of tremors in a circle around him to push back the muck that had gathered around his feet. In the same motion, the vibration man used the force of his stomp to launch himself forward, swiftly transitioning an attack action into a burst of movement. Now dashing towards the putrid prince of all that is waste, Vibratus began building up his vibration force in a zone around his body.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Prince Percy

"Percy is grand~♪, Percy is King~♪."

Thinking the attack would smite his foe, The prince was doing a victory dance standing on his throne. He brought his arms up and down while he crouched and stood back up repetitively. However, what he didn't expect was not only Vibratus to survive, but come rocketing his way.

"WAHHHH!"

Percy was taken off guard, desperately throwing himself off the throne as it was destroyed by Vibratus's sudden attack, shattering into thousands of pieces. After plummeting for a dozen feet, he was caught by a few oil drums turned to the side that acted as a makeshift platforms. After wobbly standing to his feet, Percy put his hands together in a 'T' formation.

"Woah woah, time out. How much vibration you got in there? Like, don't you have a battery? Honestly doll, can you let me know when your like...in the bottom 25% or so? A villain has gotten be honest with these things. 'preciate it. Hmph! Anyway, what were we doing? I forget...oh! Right!"

Percy waved his staff, old gas and tar exploding out from the oil drums he stood on. The tar was then bended by him, sloshing over in a web formation around his foe. That's when scrap metal flew in from the side. Percy made the pieces of metal grind together, causing spark to shower down on the tar and-

*FWOOOSH!*

Flames rushed in! Fire and scorching muck came right to Vibratus! They threatened to give him a terrible death by burning alive.

Flora Skade II

Vanessa let the cat out of the bag about the super thing, and was...making a pun about it...But nothing seemed off so far. Maybe she could relax, as much as she could ever. Just enjoy a can of food and move on. It didn't even need to be hot- Skade couldn't remember the last time she had hot food anyways.

But there was also the big thing which was a puzzling proposition. Maybe Might Girl was like her- Plotting to take out Charles Warren? She was quite wide eyed and enthusiastic, and anyone going against his rule either was psychotic or naïve. Which one Skade personally fell under was up for debate, but Vanessa would certainly be the latter. And Skade was not much of a team player.

Then there was the mention of Prince Percy's goons. 'Flora' had taken to leaning on the wall nearby, her blue eyes looking towards the two men. "Yeah...Those kids jumped a bunch of scavengers with their gang of hobos. I was, uh, trying to get some food off of them before that other guy showed up." She explained her part. "And for food, I'll just...Take a can and go. If that's okay."

She wasn't keen on sticking around. She'd probably hear out Vanessa's question out of respect for her, and then leave without incident. Honestly, it was shaping up to be the easiest food she would nab in a while. What could go wrong?

comic

Yin Li
She absorbed this. Every detail, latched onto like a parasite, leeching off of the reality and the ties to it. Had he tried to tell her this maybe ten years ago, she'd have given a dry laugh, slapped cuffs on him, and sent him to an asylum. That was then, this was now. With the conclusion of his monologue, Yin Li was silent for a second. Then two. Three. Going on five when she pursed her lips, and cleared her throat, her eyes filling with the same hard grit the ex-chief had always been known for.

"You're too pessimistic," she stated, ignoring the logic of this being an ironic statement. "I know that power, the whole world does- but each herald died, Shuzo. Raikos is no different. I don't care if he's got some way to transcend this realm or whatever to transfer vessels, I've learned of plenty of people that go beyond the physical over the last ten years. We're going to kill this bastard, you're going to be free of this bitch, and we're going to be fucking pleased about it," Li asserted.

Might Girl
"Not all teams work in tandem at the start, right?" Vanessa replied to Martin. "They just need motivation and common cause."
Martin's next advice on hitting up Paragon HQ did spark something within Vanessa. The prospect of seeing where organized superheroes had stood tall a decade ago was extremely tempting, and certainly something she wanted to check out.

It was here that Triple F- Friple! Best name. It was here that Friple stated she'd take a can of food and be on her way, prompting Vanessa to turn toward her. "Aw, no way, you don't wanna hang around at all? Puns aside, you seem pretty cool, and I have this really cool thing I'm putting together. It's..." she glanced at Martin. "Well like, I'm gonna build a new Paragons! Paragons 2! Paragons the Sequel! Young Paragons! Uh... something something Paragons, you get the picture."

Elasticity
A whole big, bloody goose chase. What was he to do? Go back empty-handed? Let those thugs use him as a replacement for the individual they wanted to deal their hard justice too? He could just... never go back. It wasn't like he led an actual life out there, he was useless out there, wasting his days away, wallowing in a more successful past to ignore his less-than-ideal present. If he didn't head back, those thugs, whatever family they belonged to, would send bounty hunters after him, maybe even pin the blame of their boss on him in full. Whatever, it wasn't like he was afraid to die, he was just afraid of dying how he lived- forgotten and useless.

Kicking a rock out of his way, Garrett ignored the dissected skeleton clinging to one of the pillars by vines, brushing one of his hands against a rather tall and imposing tree, not unlike a redwood, before he came to a stop just outside of the front entrance, putting his hands behind the back of his head as he bit his lip, rapidly tapping his foot, trying to come up with a solution to his dilemma.

Shuzo

Downing a glass of sake as he listened to Li's response, Shuzo sighed upon hearing her defiance and determination to kill the Silverbolt Herald. As much as he appreciated her resolve and grit in any situation, either trivial or apocalyptic, what the former Chief of Police would find when Shuzo looked up to meet her hardened gaze was the same resigned exhaustion he'd displayed since they'd reunited. An extra nail in the coffin was the heavy, uncovered smile that just barely pulled at his corners, carrying the same sense of hopelessness that darkened his eyes. His voice was laced with somber nostalgia as he spoke, and with each word, Shuzo could feel the emotions he'd spent so long repressing slowly start to crawl out.

"You always have that look in your eyes, don't you? Back before the Reaping, when you were hunting me down, and now, your sights set on the yakuza. Then everything ended, and I felt relieved that someone like you was on my side; even now, I still am. You're after my brother, but you still agreed to listen to what I had to say.

Yet, I still can't help but be pessimistic.

The moment I discovered this Silverbolt gene in me, Raikos had the advantage. Not even considering the fact that he outclasses me in every possible way, as long as I'm alive, so is he. My descendants are cursed with his calling as long as it's possible to pass it down, so the world can't be free of him as long as someone can still be his vessel. I don't know how to kill him without killing myself."

A dry laugh escaped Shuzo's throat as he spoke, his voice faltering ever so slightly along with the sanity he'd been struggling to retain, and for the second time that day, the former Paragon felt his eyes begin to well up as the pit of helplessness once again found its place in his stomach. Not even the burn of alcohol in his throat could dull the dread and despair permeating him to his core, nor the voices once again baying for release.

"I'm sorry—you're already occupied with Keiji, and I had to go and get this off my chest. You shouldn't have this dumped on you out of nowhere."

Standing up from his seat and quickly swiping at his eyes, Shuzo then massaged his temple—a movement that proved to be more detrimental than not, having brought back memories of his vision with Raikos earlier—before glancing once more at Li, wearing an apologetic smile and dead eyes, and starting for the door to leave.

So much for 'moving on in a healthier way'.

comic

Yin Li
During the time she'd spent with Shuzo, before, during, and after the Reaping, Li had learned one simple truth about the man. He was as hard-headed as she was, but with a whole lot more melancholic drama and not enough spunk. Difference between now and then was the hopelessness permeating off the enemy turned ally turned friend turned more? in thick waves that were impossible to ignore.
And he proceeded to devolve into an apology, as though she hadn't willingly set aside her time for him, and him alone. Her jaw set as he stood up, his wiping of tears doing nothing to alter this expression, and he began to take his leave.

The chief-turned-vigilante was on her feet as quickly as Shuzo's lightning, and her fingers dug into his arm as she roughly pulled him and turned the man to face her- and quite suddenly, her somewhat rough lips were pressed aggressively against his. It wasn't exactly built-up, nor was it all that romantic, Li was clearly out-of-practice and quite rough about it, but she pulled away after a moment, her face a shade darker than before, but her eyes just as piercing as ever.
"You're dealing with shit, I get it," she replied, almost breathlessly, as though she'd just come back from a jog. "But don't do anything stupid, got it? I don't wanna have to pick up your slack because you're being a dumbass."
Aaaand she was back to her normal self.

Last edited:

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Kerco

Kerco looked back and forth between the two, between the food, paragons and Percy, he was quiet for a moment, letting the situation sink in. He walked to Alan’s side “Percy is a interesting character, you have to know how to deal with him.” He turned to Flora, giving a small smile “Let me go get you some food to go, I understand being in a hurry.” He grabbed Alan’s shoulder “Would you follow me for a moment?”

The Alright Attorney

Alan watched as Might Girl finally proposed her idea to the other girl, clearly still uncertain about what exactly her team would be, but filled with a passion that she was sure it would work. Before he could properly add in his own two cents, Kerco had approached Alan, asking for the former Paragon to come with him. "...Alright, let you two girls discuss whatever you'd like." He said, looking towards the two.

"Let me know if you do want to check out the tower. I've been meaning to see if I can find any gear there myself. Having some super powered back up incase things go south would be appreciated." With that, Alan gave the pair a nod and stepped out of the room and looked towards Kerco. "So, what's up?"

Shuzo

He'd just barely had his hand on the door knob when Shuzo heard rapid footsteps behind him, a tight grip on his arm soon following. Forcibly spun around, the former Paragon found himself face to face with Yin Li, her steely gaze still present, her face getting closer.

Wait, closer?

Ironically faster than he could process, Shuzo then felt a coarse touch on his lips, rough but fleeting, and his eyes went blank. Even when Li pulled away, her face slightly flushed, he stood in bewildered silence, only able to listen as Li reprimanded him once more. A few more seconds of tense silence passed as Shuzo struggled to process what the former Chief of Police had just done. A small whisper in the back of his mind had been rambling wildly since the two had first approached the karaoke bar, when Li'd made a similar gesture, and the kiss had only made that voice ever more present.

Forcing himself back to reality after the silence grew deafening, Shuzo rubbed the back of his neck, feeling heat creep into his face as he met Li's eyes.

"Well. That was something."

However, the slightest smirk soon pulled at his corners as he looked down on the shorter woman before him, a condescending glint in his eyes just barely shining through his dark, hollow irises. Shuzo put his cloth mask back on and shoved his hands in his pockets as he made for the door once more.

"Same goes for you; don't 'let your feet take you' anywhere I have to save you from. I'll meet you back at the hotel when you're done...."

As he opened the door, the former Paragon turned to glance at Li, leaving her with parting words under his breath.

"There are some things I need to take care of."

And with that, Shuzo stepped through the door and exited the karaoke bar.

Now walking the streets of Tokyo once again, Shuzo felt the frigid winds and seeping cold, remnants of memories from years past and salt on the wounds of his present. That... interaction with Li hadn't quelled the voices in his head, crying for destiny fulfilled and the same spiels Shuzo'd been plagued with for years. Raikos, Skade, Warren, the Void Father—their words continued to echo in his ears and reverberate through his skull.... but Shuzo continued to walk. The helplessness that had plagued him continued to stab at his core and permeate through his body.... but Shuzo remained undeterred.

Who else do you have?

...you're no better than me.

This is who you are.

Yet Shuzo pressed on, seeing his destination slowly creep into view. His chance meeting with Yin Li in Japan had been unexpected, but it had turned out to be something the former Paragon needed. Despite Raikos' assurances that he had no one anymore, despite the despair that had tormented him in nearly every waking moment.... Shuzo wasn't alone. As he stared at the neon sign before him, identifying his destination as the workplace of a local swordsmith, a brief spark of red lightning flashed in his eye before he stepped inside.

Maybe there was hope for him yet.

Friple/Flora/Skade (who knows at this point)

'Flora' was not drinking anything at this time, but if she was, she'd certainly of done a spit take. Was this some sort of strange joke? Someone wanting to reform the Paragons? And having the gall to ask her to join them?

Admittedly, she had not done the whole 'Skade Herald of Whitefrost' spiel yet. If that had been done, things would probably be a little different at the moment, and more importantly, she wouldn't be getting any food. And while it was annoying to consider the immortal and ever powerful Herald to need such mortal things, at the moment she unfortunately did. 'Flora' would have to remain civil for the next however long it took for Vanessa to peel out of here. And, strictly speaking, their goals probably weren't too dissimilar, but considering what Sparkblade had done- No, all the Paragons had done. Deluge, who had crushed Blackflame under the torrential waves, the mysterious Aroto, who executed Chronosphere, Patriot, who had destroyed the Void Father himself, at the cost of his own life...And of course, Sparkblade, whom had killed Skade with his own hands.

She had no good words to say about them, nor a new one being forged from the ashes.

"O-oh," Began 'Flora'. "Thank you for offering it, but- I, uh, like doing things on my own." Might Girl probably wouldn't enjoy what Skade had done to the last couple gangs Warren (Or, someone who was under Warren, usually not the big man himself) had been paying under the table. "And I don't really, err, like the Paragons." It took a lot to not be honest with how much she actually hated them. "They...took someone important from me." Not necessarily far from the truth. Skade, the real first, was incredibly important to the current one. And the Paragons took her away.

There was a slight twitch in her arms, she had balled a fist in anger. It was very hard to forgive or forget people who had taken away some, if not the only, person who ever meant something to that little 4649.

Even if that person was a world ending Herald.

Seeing as he missed his target, Vibratus spun around in the hair before skidding to a halt after landing back down on the ground. "What makes you think I have any obligations to tell you when I start to feel weak? Even if I did have a reason, that won't be of any use to you as I have no limits, that is what it means to be the strongest!" The man let out a hefty laugh, seeing his opponent's reaction was a very pleasant sight to behold. It appeared the lord of trash was losing his hold on the situation, not that Vibratus believed he ever had any.

When Prince Percy launched his tar and flame attack, the man barely bat an eye. Simply holding his arms out and creating a barrier around him, the flaming black ooze would find itself halted in midair. Vibratus looked at Percy with a smug grin on his face. "Hmm, I must say this is the first semi dangerous attack you've made during this skirmish. Improvements I guess." He taunted. While the man appeared to have full control of the situation, closer inspections would reveal that his vibration barrier is beginning to shake from the prolonged use and that the heat from the fire is still present, causing some sweat to form on the man's forehead. Vibratus was still acting as confident as ever, but he wasn't careless enough to not have noticed this change. "Hmm, this is strange, am I beginning to falter?" He wiped the sweat off his forehead. "No matter, I'll recover soon enough."

Holding his arms back out beside him and snapping his fingers, Vibratus reinforced his barrier as well as sent a wave of energy bursting forth from it. The pressure exploding outward would sent the burning tar back into the air falling over a wide area towards Percy's direction. However, this was merely set as a distraction. Holding out his hand towards the trash prince, Vibratus began gathering his vibrations onto his index finger. After the charge is complete, the man would flick his finger forth, sending the concussive force that had built up towards its target while using the tar and fire as cover.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Malekai and Rebecca
As Kai lay fidgeting on the ground in an attempt to flip back to right side up, Bex quickly caught on to his dilemma and without hiding and purely relying on the fact that the two were busy, she raced over, reaching her friend in a literal blink of an eye. She kenlt beside him and started to roll Kai over, once her was right side up she frowned "dude, why didn't you just shift back to human and stand up you idiot" she said slapping Kai in the shoulder. At this remark Kai's scaly face went a little red from embarrassment "yeah I should have thought of that" he said before turning to the fighting pair "we should leave before those to figure out we are here" he said with a simple nod from Bex to show her agreement. Kai then shifted back to human and the two of them started to walk off, away from the fighting.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Sultan of Slime

Seeing his attack fail, Percy frowned, seeming to pout and cross his arms. He hadn't fought in a fight this long in his life. He was used to squashing people unfortunate enough to wander in to his sewers. In fact, he hardly ever went to the surface as it was. Couldn't this guy just...die already?

As his foe launched his own attack back at him again, he just rolled his eyes and nonchalantly flicked it aside.

"Prince of trash? Hellooooo? Honestly, it's like you old geezers don't get that-"

....!!!

Percy suddenly felt the wind knocked out of him. What was that? He didn't see a projectile. in no time at all, he was flying through the air. He wove his scepter around frantically, bending a piece of a steel beam slightly upwards as a mattress was placed on the wall. That's when he slid down the beam and landed firmly on the mattress, instead of taking a concrete wall to the back.

"Ooof...ugh." Percy coughed, gaining his lungs back. "That was like...new but totally uncalled for. What was THAT?!"

Percy seemed angry, stomping his foot as he pointed up towards Vibratus.

"Villains are supposed to be big and scary, threatening and massive! Not stealthy and sneaky, it just ain't cool! Sheesh, someone skipped Villain 101..."

Waving his staff about he summoned up his answer to that angering move. He summoned up a massive hand of garbage, scrap metal lining the tips of the fingers. It the hand had a rather small palm but long, spidery fingers. The fingers surrounded his enemy at a with birth. But this time, instead of attacking all at once, they would attack one at a time, each strike space out so that Vibratus's barrier would have a harder time pulsing them away.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Kerco

Kerco lead Alan into the left bedroom, opening up a cabinet to grab a few cans of things like tomato paste, chicken soup and canned fruit. He placed them in a table before turning to Alan. “This plan of Vanessa’s, to be perfectly honest, I already see some of the same pitfalls being laid as the last time.” He sighed and rubbed his eyes “One of the big reasons the Paragons became corrupt last time was the leader and most powerful person was the same guy.” He looked back up “Since I think you’ll appreciate cutting to the point, I’ll put it bluntly, I think we should keep an eye on them, make sure they don’t become the same thing as the Paragons were.”

The Alright Attorney

Alan let Kerco speak his mind and explain how he felt about Vanessa's potential Paragons team. The former Paragon himself let out a soft sigh himself, his real hand stroking his chin through his facial hair. "While I do have more faith in her than I do her father, I can see the concern. I..." Alan stopped himself, trying to figure what exactly he had planned. "I'll try and stick with her. I've seen the faults of the original team, that's why I left. I can do my best to keep this new one from repeating the pasts mistakes." With a confident nod, he turned his attention towards the room he came from. "I just doubt she'd let a random scavenger tag omg with her. A former Paragon on the other hand though..."

comic

Might Girl
Don't... like... Paragons?
Pf- bwa- tha- it- wha? That was crazy! Irrational! It didn't make sense! Sure, some members didn't have the greatest of personalities, but the Paragons had saved the world! Protected it! That was the point of "Paragons"!
Struggling to wrap her brain around this, Vanessa opened her mouth, then closed it. She stared at Friple, then repeated this process twice more, even raising a finger to claim she had a point. How was she going to get this across...

"W-well," Vanessa opened with, rapidly tapping her foot anxiously on the ground. "I won't pry for your reasoning beyond that, but I'm not trying to build a repeat of last time. I want to make something better! Actual heroes doing actual hero work! Not that they didn't do that before, but it was too based on fame and corporate, like Warren-" she notably shuddered at the name. "But! But! Keep that but in mind, Friple- uh, I mean Flou-Flow-Flora! We'll do great things! Help people! Do the right thing! The world needs heroes right now, and Warren is an evil meanie who wants to control them! I intend to allow freedom for everyone! Well, for people who do things morally right. By morally right, I mean like, don't kill people because that's obviously bad, uh... don't steal what isn't yours, that's not very nice... uh... yeah, that's about it!"

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Kerco

The man nodded "She seems like a upstaning kid, bit we can't be to careful." He grabbed a can of food and tossed it up and down "I want to come along, I'm not pretending to be the most virtuous person on the block, but I want to see who these people are, and make sure the leader role goes into good hands, even if they aren't powerful ones." He caught the can and tossed to to the former Paragon "I need to tell Rose though, so lets see if they will stay for a sweet treat that Rose is buying."

The Alright Attorney

Alan grabbed the can, his metallic arm catching it as it was tossed to him. "Well once she finishes speaking with that other girl, then I guess we can ask her how she feels about it." He said, returning his focus to Kerco. "I never saw that other one before speaking of which. You and your infinite wisdom recognize her at all?" Alan's voice grew a bit quieter, not wanting Vanessa's new 'friend' to overhear them possibly talking about her.

DevVoid

Birb
The black-feathered avian with a human sentience started to nod off as he stared, falling right toward nap city. Ever so closer and closer he was to his eyes shutting permanently for a couple hours, until.. the clinking of a rock skipping over cracked pavement and torn asphalt woke him up. Not that it was too loud, but rather, it was abnormal. After all, he didn't think much of anyone else would be here. With the sparkly, colourful energy that was his magic essence covering his figure, the bird transformed back into a man, stood upon the lamp post, still in his hero outfit.

Mr. Miracle
The bird-turned-magician-hero looked upon the newcomer below, spinning his magic wand in his left hand, his other hand's index finger and thumb clamped onto his top hat. With a bow, even taking his hat off as he bowed, the magic hero spoke his words loud, clear and full of joy, like the speeches of a stereotypical comic hero, as he put his hat back on his head and slid his fingers across the brim before lowering his arm back to his side.

" Greetings there, Citizen! Do you happen to be lost in this part of town? "

comic

Elasticity
What's this? A vibrant man standing atop an old light post, speaking toward him? That was style, Garrett could appreciate that kinda vibe.
" Greetings there, Citizen! Do you happen to be lost in this part of town? "
"Naw," Elasticity called back, glancing about at that. "I uh, actually used to live here- hey, you see any shady people running about? People that... I dunno... coulda killed someone? Because with that fancy get-up, I sure hope it wasn't you so that we can talk shop!"

DevVoid

Why, it couldn't be! That voice, Terry had heard of it before! It had to be.. could he be..? Well, he could certainly try asking. Yeah, that seemed like a good idea. With a twirl of his cape, the magical man vanished before the man's eyes, before promptly re-appearing right there on the ground, cape-first, then the rest of the body following its spinning motion before coming to a full stop and holding his magic wand with both hands.

" Why, I cannot say so. But say, I completely forgot introductions, hadn't I? "

With another spin, Hagen struck his foot firm on the ground and raised his wand to the sky, it being enveloped by a colourful, sparking aura as small debris around him, pebbles and the like, was raised into the sky alongside the wand. The small objects, debris and other clutter came together, forming into letters, then a name consisting of two words and a dot that hovered over the magical vigilante. They had formed into the words ' Mr. Miracle'.

" I am Mr. Miracle, magician extraordinaire at day and enthusiastic vigilante at night! And who might you be, good sir? "

Upon finishing his next question, the magician lowered his wand to point it at Garrett, once again holding his top hat's brim down with the other hand as the surrounding debris was sent into all directions, flying away from the two.

Keiji

"The stage is set."

Sitting at the same round table as the day prior, Keiji smiled as he addressed the three individuals before him. Behind him was a large screen, upon which a video was projected. The video seemed to be taken from cameras, as if they had been surveillance recordings in a facility. The layout displayed multiple views, and the location and date read: Warren Industries Head Facility, New York - 2033. The main focus of the recordings, however, was clear in every single camera's perspective, all paused at different times: two figures captured in various locations of the facility, resembling one Shuzo Takeshi and Yin Li.

"Ms. Li's crusade against our operations has finally brought her here, and there is no doubt she will attempt to cut us all down." The Golden Lion's smirk remained as he lifted an arm, revealing bandages wrapped around the cut Ms. Li had inflicted upon him in their first meeting.

"My brother is there to provide support in her endeavors and, despite his lower degree of involvement, ought to be considered the larger threat due to his superhuman abilities and the skills he showed in the Warren Industries Facility Explosion. Without her defender to open up her path, Ms. Li will be left for easy pickings, and her quest for justice will soon come to a bitter end.

Ms. Li may likely be expecting us to remain in secret, to simply wait in silence for her to come to us one-by-one. She will be sorely mistaken. We will use our grip on Japan to suffocate her, box her in. And when she finally realizes just what kind of warzone she dared stumble into... That is when you three will have your fun."

Keiji continued to smile, his gaze warm and amiable despite the ominous tone to the yakuza head's words as his eyes fell on the three men sitting at his table.

"Minori. Hikaru. Okubo. I am honored to fight by your side as the Golden Lion syndicate. Are there any questions before we begin?"

Back in New York City....

It was still dark, with dawn yet to break over New York. The city was quiet, waking only in the lights of the metropolis that crackled on and off or the gentle whistle of the nighttime breeze.

But one particular alleyway said otherwise.

Frantic shouts rang out, grunts as blows landed. A handful of thugs who'd met in the alley for an arms deal had suddenly come across a shadowy figure, who now moved with inhuman speed and agility. Amidst the clamor of footsteps and the clanging of metal bats and crowbars, the assailant's own feet treaded silently, as it weaved around and through the gang. One by one the criminals fell, unconscious or crippled without any other choice than to crumple to the ground....

And once again, the city was quiet, waking only in the lights of the metropolis or the gentle whistle of the nighttime breeze.

"Damn, 13 seconds over last time."

The shadowy figure who had so quickly dispatched the gangsters now stood on the roof of a building nearby, writing into a notepad as it stared down at the unconscious thugs now tied together with rope. Feeling gingerly at a scrape on its cheek, the silhouette cursed under its breath before stuffing the notepad back into its tunic and pulling its scarf up to cover its lower face. Suddenly, the sound of cloth flapping in the air sounded a ways behind him, and a shadow crossed through the moonlight, prompting the figure to turn around and identify the source.

What it saw was.... confusing, for lack of a better term: some caped figure soared through the air with considerable speed, their head of golden hair reflecting the moonlight as they flew. Now, that in and of itself wasn't too confusing... the more confusing part was the cargo the figure was carrying. It had been another individual, this one having silver hair instead. Admittedly, the only thing the masked silhouette could make out was the color of the two fliers’ hair, but the sight remained just strange enough to warrant a curious investigation; it wasn't every day one saw a caped crusader making the runs through New York City... at least, not anymore.

Taking deep breaths, the figure began to take in large amounts of air, and as they breathed, wisps of black and purple smoke began to emanate around their person. Suddenly, the figure leapt off the roof, making no sound as they kicked off the concrete, and they set a course for the supposed destination of the caped flier.

Last edited:

comic

Elasticity
Well this guy was certainly vibrant- something Garrett had forgotten about over the rough ten years leading up to this interaction. "Mr. Miracle" was the alias, and the guy looked a bit on the young side, so it was doubtful the former Paragon knew who he actually was. Garrett himself didn't truly look his age, but that's what rubber-properties did to a guy, he assumed. He might have looked more rugged, more worn, more sickly, but he still had the firm features of a man early through his 20's opposed to the 30's he'd truly entered.

Upon being prompted for his own introduction, Garrett wasn't one to be outdone (although he wasn't sure he could top that act), so he did a little half-assed frenzied tapdance on the spot, then stretched his arms wide to either side of himself, his arms elongating to stretch over his head, and form a single cursive word over his head, spelling out "Garrett".
"Garrett's the name, and my battery arrest is what brought me fame," he smiled roguishly before his arms snapped back into place, making the former Paragon jump slightly at the snap-back. "I wasn't actually arrested for battery, it's a reference to this old parody meme that- eh, nevermind, just call me Garrett."

DevVoid

Wrath
The shadow assassin had been leaping from rooftop to rooftop, wondering just what to do - no hits were coming in at the moment, so that left him stranded in an area unknown to him. However, he was not left wandering for long as his phone had vibrated in his pocket, prompting him to pick it up. A text, involving another hit? Maybe if he completed this one, he could use a portion of the money to head back to America and have a much easier time picking off targets. Well, it was worth a shot anyways. With a flick of his finger, the man opened the lock to his phone and went onto the message, reading it clearly. Someone named 'The Hound'.. apparently part of one of the bigshot yakuzas, namely the 'Takeshi' family. Well, it was better than nothing, so Wrath put on his hood and mask again, took out Mortis and sprinted onward to find the location given to him by his target. Which.. would take some time, given he doesn't know much about the area he was in.

Mr. Miracle
Wait a minute.. Garrett? Stretchy arms? Yes, it must have been! How internally excited Terry was to meet one of the paragons (or sure of it he was), but of course, he knew he couldn't just outright yell it aloud or he could weirden Garrett out. Or worse, someone overhears it. So, keeping his composure, the magician went for another bow with his hat taken off. " Pleased to make the acquaintance, sir Garrett. Say.. "
The magic man quieted down now as he stepped a bit closer and remained leaned forward, putting his hat back on but keeping his thumb and index finger tightly pressed on the brim. " You don't happen to be.. Elasticity, of the former Paragons Hero Squad, no? It's alright, I can keep a secret. "

comic

Elasticity
"Hah hah..." the former Paragon laughed somewhat awkwardly, before he opened his expensive coat vest to reveal his speedo beneath. "Yeah, I guess I happen to be, same speedo and everything. Er- I wash it though, so don't worry about... smell or something..." Garrett gave a slightly anxious smile. "Enough about all that though, it was... a long time ago, I... have different stuff going on. Can't say I see a lot of people around here so why are... you here, Miracle Maestro?"

Skade II

Why didn't she get it? Skade wanted no part of this Paragons. She had been nice, relatively, so far, but Vanessa was about to find out what that relative limit was.

"I don't care."

She grit her teeth. "Kill Warren and another will crop up. It has to be frozen over- Entirely." She raised her clenched fist, encased in whitefrost. "What makes you think you'll be any different in the end? We're only going to get a new Patriot, whether it's you or someone else. A new Deluge, a new Sparkblade..." Skade was perhaps projecting now, but Vanessa could probably tell this whole thing was going south very quickly. "You have to take your destiny by the hands. Use yourself as the only weapon- We shouldn't have to be beholden to anyone else!" Skade then plunged her fist into the wall nearby, breaking through the drywall with ease.

"And my name isn't Friple, or Flou-Flow-Flora it's-" She took a moment. "It's-"

Breathe in. Breathe out. She just needed some food.

"It's Flora. Okay?"

-----

The Rabbit's steely gaze looked over the footage, the two figures running through the Warren building years ago. He wasn't that old when the footage was taken, a few months before the reaping. His face betrayed no emotion as he studied as his two subjects, palms together as he contemplated.

Minori then listened to the Golden Lion, whom he solemnly nodded towards.

"Takeshi-san, it is my honor to fight alongside you as well. Regardless of Sparkblade's presence, he still displays many weaknesses we can exploit." The Rabbit of Takeshi began. "The threat the two represent to our continued operations is noted- They've already begun to tear through some of our lower division. Still, as you recommended, we should move in quickly and aggressively to minimize damage. I believe that is for the best of our survival." The grey haired lieutenant then glanced towards his fellow leaders.

"Of course, I am just one of three. If they think differently, I believe their voices should be heard as well."

This was, for all intents and purposes, a bold faced lie. Morina, faithful rabbit of Takeshi, believed his fellow lieutenants to be fools. Shogo was old fashioned, believing too much in fancies of honor, the serpent often refusing to use his abilities out of fear of smearing the Takeshi name in some way. The hound was more palatable, but was similarly held back by notions of glory and a 'fair fight'. It was frustrating, but that was the politics of the yakuza. Keep up faces of agreement, and everyone would come out happier.

But in the end of the day, those politics came to nothing. Survival was all that mattered, and the Herald-slaying Sparkblade and vicious Hush could spell the end for the Yakuza if those two didn't take things seriously...

The Alright Attorney

Alan

Just as Kerco had began to talk about the new girl, Alan could hear her raise her voice at Vanessa, not mincing her words as she explained why she's never join a team such as the Paragons. "Well, guess she's not going to be joining the team anyti-" Just before he could finish speaking, the sound of the wall being punched through rang out. Alan looked at Kerco for a second, not saying a word before quickly turning and quickly walking back to the room the two girls were.

Alan had arrived just in time to hear Flora properly explain what her name is, her voice calmer than before, but the hole now in the wall was enough to show the frustration she had just come down from. "Hey, I don't give a shit what your name is, if you're going to be doing that, you need to leave." Alan didn't raise his voice, but spoke as sternly as he possibly could. He set the food down that Kerco had passed him, not letting Flora out of his eyesight. "Take this, and leave. You clearly don't have any interest in what Might Girl is planning."

Hikaru

The Hound listened quietly as Keiji spoke, his eyes glued to the footage that played before. Sparkblade and Yin Li, both extremely skilled fighters...But this footage alone was not enough for him to properly analyze and truly appreciate the ability the pair have. Even as his fellow lieutenant Minori began to speak, Hikaru kept his focus on his future opponents, studying their weaknesses, little places where they might slip up and give him an opening. No fighter was perfect, and it was The Hound's job to exploit those imperfections.

Minori had finished speaking, offering the other lieutenants the floor to speak. With a shrug, Hikaru had finally taken his attention off the footage and looked to Keiji. "You know I've never been much of an ideas guy Takeshi-San. But from what I've seen, these two work best together. You said it yourself, without your brother, Li could be picked off easily. Sounds to me like we need seperate them. I could probably take Li on her own, and maybe even get a few good hits in on the Sparkblade. But together, I don't see myself lasting." Hikaru always wanted a challenge, but more importantly he knew when to not get in over his head as well.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Kerco

Kerco heard the sudden shouting from the other room, picking up the remaining food and placed it next to Alan’s can. He stared at the hole in the wall, the man Flora for a moment. Kerco narrowed his eyes, something clicking in his head. He reached down to the seam of his pants, pulling something out of a small pocket. He stared at Flora, speaking in a voice that was calm, but in a way coldly threatening “You ought to choice your next move very carefully.”

Rose Nala

Rose was coming back from the market, checking her bag to make sure her treat had remained upright as she walked up the way. She heard some sort of shouting, and there was suddenly a hole in her wall! She rushed to the door and threw the door open, shouting in a way that would strike fear into the bravest of men “What the hell is going on here!” She yelled, glaring around at everyone, feeling their emotions(Pretty please add their emotions in your next post, thank you)

comic

Might Girl
This girl... had some issues. Vanessa had a few things to try and defend on the tip of her tongue, but she held it back, reminding herself that this girl had probably spent all her time since the Reaping in this wasteland, and if they were the same age, then it was no wonder she harbored issues.

Pursing her lips, Vanessa folded her arms tightly over her chest, still tapping her foot- a sign of her anxiety, which only increased as Martin emerged to tell off Flora. She didn't have a lot of time to try to formulate her words, so she tried to put it out into the world before Flora left. "I'm not like Patriot," she stated simply. "I've seen the vids, I've read the stories, heard the rumors. That's... not me. All I want, all I've ever wanted, is to help people less fortunate than me. People who can't defend themselves from the things I can. Don't get the wrong idea about me, please, I'd like to be friends- but I can see you still need time to... figure yourself out. Sorry, that sounds a bit conceited, I'm just nervous right now..." she gave an awkward smile, revealing her teeth- not too dissimilar from the pearly lights Patriot himself would flash everywhere. "But if you ever need help, I'll be there! I have crazy hearing powers so I can probably hear you call me,"

Okubo Shogo
"BAH HA!" the Serpent of Takeshi quite suddenly let out a laugh, his double chin wobbling with his movements. "Don't underestimate the little Hush, Fujiwara-san! That little detail is exactly why she's made it so far! I would know, after all, as it's MY operations she's been hounding the most!"
Shogo stood quickly, glaring toward the video displaying the decade-old advance. "To investigate this footage, my equals," he made sure to direct this bit toward the other captains, excluding Takeshi himself for the obvious reason that Shogo revered the man, and he was obviously the guy paying them. "Is to research outdated papers! Our foes are older than before, more experienced, you're looking for exploitations no longer there!" he directed this bit at Hikaru Fujiwara. It was no surprise to anyone that the Serpent was taking this stance- he was the oldest individual in the room, and had been in this game far longer than both of the other captains combined. "I, however, do my research properly," Shogo had a sly smirk on his face as he tugged a suitcase onto the table in the center of the room, one he'd entered the room carrying, and had placed beside his seat. He had known this meeting would take place, and had clearly prepared accordingly.

"We all know about Sparkblade, Takeshi-sama's little brother- but the chinawoman invading our turf?" he smiled broadly at Hikaru and Minori. "She's a bit before your time," he conjured a dossier from his suitcase, flipping it open to conjure several files, images, and documents. A mess to anybody but Shogo's experienced, organized mind. "She was inducted into the Red Children at the age of four, a politically-charged secret group of assassin's within communist China," he began as Keiji calmly handed him the remote for the screen they were watching. The imagery shifted to display rows upon rows of Chinese children in the thousands all standing in formation.
"Due to superhuman intrigue, the Red Children eventually collapsed after nearly a hundred years in existence. Hush was abandoned, and her father took her to America to live. This was when she was fourteen. She eventually followed in her father's footsteps within the NYPD, and was approached multiple times by the FBI and the CIA as a recruit, considering her past and her deadly proficiency."
The footage shifted again, displaying a warehouse filled with men, not their own but a group that most of them had worked with in the past. The Double Drakons gang. Yin Li, donning her Hush attire, proceeded to enter and brutalize everyone. "She is no mere human to laugh at, there is a reason she has come so far. To exploit your ideas of underestimating her to simply allow her to kill you faster."
Shogo chuckled, skimming through the documents he'd collected. "She's been killing since before either of you were born. Here's a list of confirmed kills during her time as a Red Child," the Serpent passed the list of documents toward Hikaru. "Sparkblade, on the other hand... I have been studying him since he first took to the streets. Imagine my surprise when Takeshi-sama revealed to me the truth!" Shogo proceeded to laugh at this, recalling a memory neither Hikaru or Minori had nor shared the sentiments of.
The footage changed once more to display Shuzo and Li's assault on Shogo's own warehouse not long ago. "Study this, Fujiwara-san," Shogo sneered. "This happened six hours ago at one of my own warehouses. They have stained my honor with their own vile dishonor. An affront to not just my own name, but to Takeshi-sama's. I have awaited a chance to do battle with Sparkblade for a long, long time... so I will be attacking them in..." he glanced at his watch. "Hm, I should get going."

Closing the mostly empty suitcase, save for a few more items inside, Shogo clipped the locks back in place then bowed to each members in the room, doing so twice for Keiji. "If I don't return, don't steal my favorite bathrobe, I'd like to be buried with it."
With that, Okubo Shogo departed from the room after returning the remote.

Skade II

Her outburst had attracted the attentions of both men, and then some other fox lady who had shown up. Honestly, this was what most social situations turned into for Skade. Though if there was anything surprising, it was that Vanessa somehow hadn't gotten up in arms. Genuinely, it was baffling. She just tore down the exact concept she was trying to rebuild, so what did she see in continuing to talk in such gentle terms?

She elected to stay quiet in response to the others, only quietly taking one of the cans of food. Glancing towards Kerco and Alan, cold and quiet as she was before her outburst, disinterested in getting in further conflict with those two. Skade didn't bother to look over the labels, after all, it was food in the end of the day. There was some anger still about her, though she was more or less ready to storm out.

Though, Skade looked towards that smile, a flash of familiarity behind it. Damn, it was so familiar! And that's when she realized it- Her face shifting to one of surprise as the realization set in.

"...Number 19." Skade never was good with names. But she could remember the numbers, just as had been given for her. "That's why I know you. You were there."

Skade didn't really want to talk about those days. She doubted Vanessa did either. She probably shouldn't of said anything. "...I'm going. Thanks for the food or whatever." She looked to Rose. "...Just move." She then shoved her way past, with very little grace or respect.

She didn't have time for that sort of stuff.

-----
Minori Morina

Morina's face remained stony, though he found Okubo infuriating as usual. Loud, boisterous, dismissive- Though he seemed to be less dismissive of Yin Li than the rest of them were, with his main target being Fujiwara's perceived over confidence.

"He certainly makes himself scarce quick. I suppose the last word is always his in that case." Minori solemnly nodded, "That said, he raises excellent points. While going to confront them right away seems to be a reckless move, it is also perhaps the best to get the drop in on them. While the fight is exhilarating, our survival should come on top."

He looked to the new footage, giving a glance to the various information that Okubo had scrounged up. They seemed to still have a reliance on their weaponry- While they were no slouch unarmed, pressing the advantage and taking advantage of the confusion was likely a good idea.

"I do not know where Okubo is planning on meeting our targets, but we fellow lieutenants may want to move in for a fast solution to this situation. Either picking off one or the other. Of course, I would not like to make movements until Takeshi-san gets to say his piece about these developments."

The Alright Attorney

Alan
In just a few short seconds, everyone has gathered back in the room they were sitting and chatting in just moments earlier, tensions high as Kerco seemingly threatened Flora, and Rose yelling out in confusion. Alan stayed alert, his bro furrowed and eyes locked on the girl that had just put a hole in the wall. It wasn't until Might Girl spoke, that Alan's attention was drawn away.

Despite the outburst from the girl that she wanted on the team, and the three very angry adults that now stood in the doorway, Might Girl kept her composure, and spoke softly and simply to Flora, not angry at her outburst. Seeing the daughter of Patriot flash a smile just like the man, Alan found himself calming down. His hands, once balled into tight fists, loosened, and he relaxed his face. There was something a lot more inspiring about Might Girl's smile compared to her father's, like there wasn't anything hiding behind it.

Flora seemed to have recognized something herself, muttering out some number at Might Girl, before turning to leave with the food she was offered. Alan broke the small silence with a soft sigh and looking towards Might Girl. "Hey kid...Sorry about that outburst. You handled that with a lot more grace than I think any of us." He offered a soft, yet clearly embarrassed nod to the young hero. "You carry yourself like someone to look up to. A proper hero."

Hikaru

The young Lieutenant listened carefully to his more senior colleague, as Shogo gave a much more detailed break down on Yin Li's history. He knew that the man meant well, and the information definitely helped him rethink how to approach a confrontation with the woman who goes by Hush, he couldn't help but feel like he was getting talked down to slightly. As quick as he spoke, the Serpent had slithered out of the room to enact whatever plan he had in mind.

Hikaru had stood up straight, looking towards Takeshi. "I agree with Morina-San on how we approach this, but your advice would be greatly appreciated Takeshi-San. You know more about these two than any of us. How would you recommend we approach this?"

Keiji

The yakuza head remained silent as his lieutenants spoke their piece, listening quietly amidst Minori and Hikaru's calmer input as well as Okubo's boisterous perspective. The Serpent intended to avenge his recent losses, quickly taking his leave once he was done speaking, and Keiji continued to listen without a word, nodding slightly as Okubo bowed to dismiss himself. Turning back to face his two remaining captains, he smiled once more before finally opening his mouth to speak.

"Ten years ago, the world ended. Though the Paragons were the only force standing between humanity and certain destruction, the world's mightiest heroes failed to keep a frightening portion of the population from being reduced to cosmic dust. Further controversy revealed by Charles Warren led to the Paragons' dissolution, and with his institution as World Leader, he swiftly put an end to the age of heroes.

I could not care less about my brother, yet I know him. Especially with his status as a former Paragon, his soul is weighed down by the chains of failure and far too weak to shake them off. He is a fighter of whom any target must remain weary, but he will always fear me. He will always walk in my shadow, and that remains his greatest weakness.

However, not far beneath that weakness resides another: the feelings he harbors for former Chief Li. When I came across them following their attack on Okubo's warehouse, it was made clear to me how much Shuzo cares for her, and to what lengths he would go to keep her safe. Video surveillance also shows the two spending time together during their stay here, and it seems more and more likely to me that his feelings may be reciprocated.

Let Okubo pursue his vengeance. We will monitor his advances and provide support as needed. But the plan remains the same: separate the two vigilantes, suffocate them in the clutches of Japan's underworld, and pull them apart, piece by piece."

Keiji's grin widened, a brief glint of malice twinkling in his eye. Pulling out a walkie talkie to communicate his next message not only to the two lieutenants before him, but Okubo as well, who was now on his way to confront the two vigilantes.

"Okubo's excitement has put our operation into motion earlier than foreseen, but no matter. Minori, Hikaru, Okubo. I have faith in all of you. When this is over... let's share a drink or two.

The Ghost

The shadowy figure had made it to the caped individual's presumed destination just in time to hear a sudden BOOM! resound from the walls of a particular residential building. A muffled clamor of voices sounded, just barely audible from the figure's position several meters away. The same wisps of black and purple dancing around their body, they darted forward, footsteps silent, and leapt onto the roof of the cabin, landing without a sound and unbeknownst to the few construction workers surrounding the perimeter.

The door suddenly swung open, and as the figure peered down from the edge of the roof, they had a full view of one of the fliers now exiting the cabin, her silver hair waving behind her as she stormed out in a seemingly aggravated manner with some sort of can in hand. The girl's lustrous hair color seemed awfully familiar, and as the figure struggled to put their finger on it, the sight of the girl's free hand, clenched in a fist and encased with frigid ice, finally placed a memory to her person. Narrowing their eyes just slightly, the figure leapt off the roof to the side, once again obscured in the shadows.

Skade wouldn't get far from Rose's cabin before hearing a voice to her left; leaning against a streetlight was the shadowy figure, an unnamed vigilante who'd made their presence known in the past year hunting and incapacitating criminals and gangs. Their frame now fully revealed in the dim light, the figure spoke, their lower face obscured by their scarf.

"You the one who made all that noise?"

Wolfe Zhang stood with his arms folded across his chest, levelling a cool stare at the girl before him, eyeing her icy hand that still hung at her side and the wispy fog that emanated from it. Taking a deep breath, he stepped forward, his own strands of black and purple flame slowly breathing with life around him. As Wolfe studied Skade's face, he tilted his head slightly to the side, narrowing his eyes. It really did look like her, to a near-frightening degree. He'd originally come here to track down a curious sight, but the vigilante had now come across a genuine threat if this girl was even a smidge like the one Wolfe was thinking of.

"Nah, can't be; last I heard, all the Heralds died..."

Clenching both fists, Wolfe then lowered into a shallow fighting stance, the ominous wisps around him swelling and calming with his breaths.

"So what the hell are you?"

Last edited: