• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Rainbow Society— Romance RP [DISCUSSION]

thank you for this, @Zixal. i hadn’t realised the disadvantages that came with such an event before saying i’d do something about it. i could possibly try to come up with a compromise- chervil does enjoy making food (and eating it) so she could set up a little buffet table for whoever pleases to have a little taste of, completely optional- but, as has been said, roleplaying is very unpredictable. not everyone’s character enjoys that kind of thing, and that’s totally okay.

now i do admit i was at fault for so hastily approving of the idea, since I’m very stressed as it is so i don’t want to pile more in by having a heated discussion about a stupid pokémon rp. i think it would be best if we don’t do a ‘festival’, since i do agree with most of @Kiraru ‘s points over @Pikminbleu. it’s nothing really against the idea itself, it’s the setting for it- the rs is a very tight group which yes, does celebrate love, but does not openly flaunt it. at least, not in chervil’s leadership.

i’m sorry if this was ramble-y and i’m sorry that i haven’t been on a lot. school sucks and whatnot. thank you @Zixal for managing this situation in a professional and firm manner in my absence, and thank you all for not starting a flame war.
Why is everyone so on about school work? It’s the end of the year, we watch movies, and play Mario Kart all day! Anyway, while this has been very... entertaining, it’s nice to see a closing to this festival madness! :D

Why is everyone so on about school work? It’s the end of the year, we watch movies, and play Mario Kart all day! Anyway, while this has been very... entertaining, it’s nice to see a closing to this festival madness! :D
i live in England, i still have 4 weeks left of school. i have very important exams next year which i have to do a lot of coursework for, and everything i learn this year will be crucial to next year. i also go to a grammar school, meaning my workload is bigger and there's a lot more expected from me. i'm sorry i wasn't clear about what was causing my hiatus.

but yes- it is good to have closure. I'm sorry to the people who wanted it but i feel like the bad outweighs the good in such a situation. i hope my word has been able to quell the storm.

Glad to be of assistance. I was just freed from the tyranny of education for the summer, thankfully with better results than I predicted. Which means more time for me to roleplay.

Good luck with the remainder of school.

Aaaaaaa exams are butt

I finished school quite a while ago, but I can assure you @NinjaDewott64, the procedure at the end of the school year changes DRASTICALLY when you get to high school. Going from middle school, I was overwhelmed by the huge change academically.

I concur to that statement.
High school is indeed a huge change. Often, not a welcome one.

I found myself alive at the end of the mess, however. That was the only thing I celebrated at the graduate party. Not the fact that I graduated with honors, because I didn't. Not that I passed with decent grades, because I didn't. I celebrated the fact that I had just survived the four years of titular shit.

Amen. I'm moving up to 10th grade this coming fall, and I've already started studying for Pre-Calculus, AP European History, and such. It's a particular kind of hell.

Oh cool, I’m going to college/university in a few months. I can already tell that this might be a bit bad for me.

*Tolpriam nervously waves a hundred dollar bill while pointing to the babyproof and psychicproof seatbelt on his highchair*

Schoolwork has ramped up with me too. I also attend school in the UK, and rn we're doing a crap ton of prep for our incoming GCSE exams next year. To be completely honest I'm trying to make the most of the free time I have now, because if the amount of homework we get right now is any indication, year 11 is going to be pure hell

On the note of preferred subjects, definitely humanities. I've always been fond of subjects that don't have a distinct 'right or wrong' kinda mark scheme

Schoolwork has ramped up with me too. I also attend school in the UK, and rn we're doing a crap ton of prep for our incoming GCSE exams next year. To be completely honest I'm trying to make the most of the free time I have now, because if the amount of homework we get right now is any indication, year 11 is going to be pure hell

On the note of preferred subjects, definitely humanities. I've always been fond of subjects that don't have a distinct 'right or wrong' kinda mark scheme
ah, you are a fellow year 10! gcse's suck ass omg
i have to do a 30 HOUR PROJECT for food tech and i am ready to embrace death

my favourite subject is english, especially creative writing. it relaxes me after a busy day.

ah, you are a fellow year 10! gcse's suck ass omg
i have to do a 30 HOUR PROJECT for food tech and i am ready to embrace death

my favourite subject is english, especially creative writing. it relaxes me after a busy day.
Indeed they do, especially since they made the spec a lot harder for us. That was a real dick move

AND OOF

30 hour project?! That's a violation on too many levels
I guess I'm lucky we don't do anything like that for drama

I'm happy there's another year 10 here who understands the struggle lol, best of luck with everything you got going on!!

Indeed they do, especially since they made the spec a lot harder for us. That was a real dick move

AND OOF

30 hour project?! That's a violation on too many levels
I guess I'm lucky we don't do anything like that for drama

I'm happy there's another year 10 here who understands the struggle lol, best of luck with everything you got going on!!
yeah like,,, why are the grades numbers now!? i hate it sm aaaahhgghh

and, same to you!! good luck with everything!! i have a couple of friends who take drama, and apparently you have to write like 6 essays in an hour and three quarters which doesn’t sound very fun

Is this still open or is it closed and you guys just haven't edited the thread title? Just curious because it seems literate, and I'm bored to deatt.

whoop for some reason I thought Mack was in the village let me correct my post
And by the way do we have the right to create important or small plot points? For ex. can someone decide what’s at the end of the tunnel?

whoop for some reason I thought Mack was in the village let me correct my post
And by the way do we have the right to create important or small plot points? For ex. can someone decide what’s at the end of the tunnel?
yeah, as long as it doesn’t change the geography of he island or the way the society works.

I’ve got a second question: what could there even BE at the end of the tunnel? I hope Ninja has some good ideas because I have none haha
Can’t be a new underground erea, I suppose? Maybe a shortcut?
Also! I’ve been thinking about what sort of event could be held that wouldn’t put any oc at risk, would be completely optional and would not have to be calm!
(long text o’ coming, sorry about that)
What about events that last one or a few days, where the oc can (but is not forced to) do a thing to celebrate something? We could simplify some real life events such as Christmas that could become Toyday, a day where ocs can exchange gifts. Of course, ocs can do that all year long; but doing it that day could have a special meaning! It would also have nothing to do with religion, by the way— unless if the religion is made up for the rp, but even that would be a little bit tricky so normally they’d have nothing to do with religion.
Or we could make one up! Like light day: an event that last a day and a night where you fire a special candle, place it on a lake and make a wish while it floats away. If the candle doesn’t sink, it’ll be said that the wish becomes true! The wish doesn’t have to become true, but even a made up event like that could add lore to the society. Hopefully the chosen one wouldn’t cause any trouble and would be completely optional and fun. What do you think?

Mmmmm... What about... An underground... shortcut? Like it leads to a big underground room filled with different tunnels leading to different places!
No wait! What about a whole new underground area?? A big labyrinth filled with crystals that ends with a hotel for an ancient god or something

Name: Wolf
Species: Lycanroc-Dusk
Sexuality: Bisexual but perfers Males
Appearance: Orange Fur in well lit areas. Turns navy at night.
Personality: Shy. He doesn't make the first move. He loves to bask in the sun at the day, and prowl at night.
Favourite place: Sakura Valley