• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Thickets of Clairesbrook (Discussion)

The Thicket of Clairesbrook.

Welcome to Clairesbrook; a small village of approximately 600 occupants in the middle of Idaho. There is just one high school. One pizza place, one movie theater. Everybody seems acquainted with everybody. Apart from that, it’s a common pit-stop for enthusiastic to-be hikers passing through, but nothing more. To outsiders, the tiny town is known as the Village of Paranoia.

However, the name isn’t entirely incorrect. Every single villager of Clairesbrook has one common fear; the northern forest. There is no clear cause of this fear, and if there had been, it was forgotten in history; but it is deeply rooted in their culture that the woods should be feared, and avoided at all costs. Signs and posters litter the town, describing that the forest is not a place to be explored. It’s hardly even spoken of. Rumors arise quickly through the minds of imaginative children, and they spread even faster; nobody who enters the forest ever returns, the government hides aliens there. Yet, as the children age, their interest in the forest quickly diminishes. They have taxes to attend to, careers to pursue, families to start. And if their children bring up the forest, they are chided briskly, encouraged not to speak to the child who told them of it. Town curfew is 7:00pm sharp, can’t be out until 5am, and there’s never been a report of someone breaking that curfew. According to the children, the monsters come out if you stay out too late. Humorously, the adults of Clairesbrook never dismiss this rumor. In fact, they never seem to hear it.
This story revolves around seven teenagers. Ordinary teenagers. Some are more charismatic than the others, some are more reserved, but their lives are ultimately the same: they wake up, they attend school. They have around three hours to be out with friends, and then by 7:00 they are home. Every single day, aside from weekends, they abide by this schedule without complaint; or, at least, without a spoken complaint.
The date is June 11th, 1992. School has been out for a little over two weeks. The children of Clairesbrook seem to be enjoying their break immensely. There are diners, drive-in movie theaters, skating rinks... All that a kid could want. The protagonists get home from a day of activities (before 7:00pm, of course), to find a creamy, yellow envelope on their windowsill. The paper feels old, somewhat weathered, as it’s soft to the touch. A deep green crest with a calligraphic “F” is stamped in the middle. Upon opening the letter, they find a handwritten letter. Strangely enough, the letter seems to be in a perfect copy of their own handwriting, all of which brief the same message:

My Dearest [Name],
I cannot describe to you the pure, unadulterated joy I feel in being able to finally get this letter to you. Elation, I tell you. You’ve just gotten so very big over the years, I could hardly recognize you when I saw you yesterday! I humbly apologize for not being able to watch over you the past four years, my responsibilities have taken up all of my time. Still, it is absolutely amazing how much you’ve grown in such a short amount of time!
I understand if you do not remember me- your young mind is prone to forgetfulness, and I completely acknowledge that. Regardless, I would love for you to come visit me! Please, for my sake, come visit me tomorrow at dusk! I should have everything prepared by then.You know where to find me; just go to the cul-de-sac on Visaar Circle, past the metal gate. Hopefully, once you’re there, it will spark your memory. Just follow the trail!
Oh, and please don’t mind the warnings of those petty adults. The forest is kind to me, and it will be kinder to you, my child. The grown-ups of Clairesbrook just fear losing their children to the magic and wonder of the thicket. I’ve already alerted the others- I understand that you’ve grown apart over the years, and I pray you haven’t forgotten your bond. Expect to meet with each other at Visaar Circle, tomorrow evening! I am excitedly awaiting your arrival.
Yours, truly and lovingly,
F.
Strangely enough, you don’t seem to recall a bond with somebody in the woods, let alone one who went by F. Besides, Visaar Circle was on the abandoned side of town; nobody wandered over there, except the hoodlums looking for a quiet place to smoke a joint. You go to sleep uneasy, and after a full day of contemplation, you make your decision as you watch the sun set. What could go wrong? Those rumors of monsters were just tales from children, after all.

(howdy! seq here. it really has been forever. welcome to one of my two “im coming back to charms!” roleplays!)

1. all charms rules apply. i know, shocker.
2. wait, thats basically it.
3. please, only one character per person.
4. i beg of you. please use grammar.
5. swear as much as you want! and romance is encouraged if you want because im a nerd and i like little crush sub-plots >:”)
Name:
Physical Appearance:
Personality:
Other:
Name: Basil Mendoza
Physical Appearance: Basil’s on the shorter side, only being 5’1. Her pale, freckled skin is tattered with small marks and bruises. She has a tiny gap between her teeth, and a set of big, blue eyes. Her hair is a mess of rather wavy, chocolate-colored curls, stopping at her shoulder blades. She wears a simple, button-down blue flannel shirt and a small black skirt.

919A5E0F-7D13-425A-86A6-B81727057441.jpeg
Personality: Basil’s a tiny bit awkward, and a bit of a klutz. She’s incredibly sympathetic, and very compassionate; she feels strongly about everything. Although she’s charismatic and social, she doesn’t speak too much unless she’s spoken to. She laughs at her own jokes, and only falls silent when she’s upset. She does appear to be rather anxious at times, however.
Dislikes: Insensitive or shallow people, soggy cereal

Other: >:”)
Basil Mendoza - @_obsequious
Grace “Gracie” Lightwood - @Shadow_Pup
Nathan Wethington - @TheGrimmRemix027
Christopher “Chris” Fitzgerald - @Red Gallade
Florian Sage - @OmnipotentOnion
[To Be Named] - @EeviumZ

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Grace (Gracie) Lightwood
Physical Appearance: She is 5'6", skinny and has a very mature build. She has royal blue eyes and dyed pale pink hair that reaches below her butt in length. She usually wear's it down but puts it in a high ponytail when she does athletics. She has light blue glasses, but usually wears contacts. She wears navy blue denim short-shorts, a white t-shirt over a black vest top, the left shoulder of the white t-shirt hangs off. She also wears white trainers and a black bow in her hair.
Personality: She is very bubbly and kind to almost everyone, if people start to fight or argue it makes her upset and she can get angry. She can be very naive at times. She becomes very serious however if someone is hurt and will instantly start to work on making them better. She is has a fear of being abandoned
Dislikes: bullies, arguments, maths and being left out
Other: N/A

Name: Nathan Wethington
Physical Appearance: Nathan, although very put together, prefers jeans, a t-shirt with his favorite band on it, Metallica, a grey sweatshirt, and black shoes. He is on the more pale side with greenish stone grey eyes, a more well-built face, and dark brown hair that is a little long. He has an average build and is quite strong, but he is a little on the thin side. He stands at 6'0.
Personality: He is a mature guy and likes things to at least be in a little bit of order. He is more charismatic than most and likes to be funny at times.
Dislikes: People who think all is wrong in the world, zucchini, and not having a fun time every once in a while.
Other: Well well well lookie here a well-written roleplay. I hope the other one is as good as this.

you’re both accepted, will add you to the character list soon! ヾ(•ω•`)o
i’ll be starting this once 3-4 more people join, so feel free to tag anyone you think might be interested!

I might bite and join this, might be good to try a different type of RP.

Name: Christopher "Chris" Fitzgerald
Physical Appearance: He stands at 5'6" with Fair skin thanks to being outdoors often, his eyes are a Velvet shade while his hair is near tidy and short with only a few spikes here and there with a Violet shade. His main choice of clothing is a white t shirt underneath a dark Brown closed zip up fur hoodie and a sleeveless Black overcoat, dark Blue denim jeans and simple Black slip on shoes.
Personality: Christopher is a rather calm and laid back individual who shows almost no care about what happens around him, not afraid to talk back to anyone or speak his mind... mostly, shows a bit more kindness to females and tends to help people if he sees the situation as "serious enough."
Likes: Peace and quiet, fresh air, video games (preferably fantasy ones) and cats.
Dislikes: Loud noises, losing, getting dirty and spiders.
Other: I was planning for him to have a crush on someone in the RP but I'm gonna wait until we have more chars first.

Name: Florian Sage
Physical Appearance: Florian has dusty brown hair and forest green eyes, and his skin tone is slightly on the tan side. He has a height of 5'7 and a slightly more muscular-than-average physique; his preferred outfit consists of a white tee underneath a light blue button down shirt paired with khaki pants and white sneakers.
Personality: Florian tends to be rather quiet and gentle, but he is often seen with a warm smile in the presence of those he cares about; although he prefers solitude over the company of others most times, he does attempt to do his best to help out those he can, and in doing so, he becomes more expressive than usual.
Dislikes: Loud noise, arrogant and lazy people, mud
Other: N/A